Content Update 6/20/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• crzydroid
    7309 posts Moderator
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Isn't this yoda's 2nd rework (or buff) also?

Actually, I believe the first rework was a nerf where they toned his damage way down.
  • Sonido
    81 posts Member
    Options
    MK 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe Salvage = not G12, MK 7 is
  • Options
    So sad. I honestly have a decent roster that could help complete HSTR, but will not leave my current guild out of loyalty and digital gaming friendships formed. When HSTR first released, we lost a few long time guild mates who went Traya shard farming. Now, not only will the top guilds get the most recent meta character, but they will also get g12+ gear?! Wow! Pretty sure greed and lack of loyalty must lead to the dark side. Guess EA wants us all to become Sith.

Well, too bad EA. You suck, but I won't turn to the dark side. Although, once losing in all pvp aspects of the game to your so called deserving top 0.1% I might just pack it in here.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    They are going to buff Jedi so that when they rework grevious, he is a direct counter to them. They should make it so that grevious skin changes the more killing blows he gets on Jedi.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thank you CG! I was a player since 2015 and was really addicted to the game. Your great decisions and implementation made me finally feel freedom! I stop spending already, and I feel I will stop playing soon. Thank you so much! Please, do not stop!
    Post edited by Vinniarth on
  • Options
    Just what the game needed....more gear exclusively for whales and leviathan guilds. I'm curious...exactly what percentage of guilds are actually able to beat the heroic sith raid?

I'm in a smaller guild with plenty of newbies, but a lot of veteran players too. I like my guild, and I have friendships there, but too much content is unobtainable if you don't join a huge leviathan guild. (ie ..Traya, G12+ pieces, etc...) Hermit Yoda, Wampa, and even Imperial Probe Droid and ROLO are hard to get unless your guild is cranking out 45 stars on the territory battles.

I have 1.8 million GP for toons and another 1.2 million in ships. This is just another way for this game to punish me for sticking with my friends in my current guild.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Evilted26 wrote: »
    Just what the game needed....more gear exclusively for whales and leviathan guilds. I'm curious...exactly what percentage of guilds are actually able to beat the heroic sith raid?

I'm in a smaller guild with plenty of newbies, but a lot of veteran players too. I like my guild, and I have friendships there, but too much content is unobtainable if you don't join a huge leviathan guild. (ie ..Traya, G12+ pieces, etc...) Hermit Yoda, Wampa, and even Imperial Probe Droid and ROLO are hard to get unless your guild is cranking out 45 stars on the territory battles.

I have 1.8 million GP for toons and another 1.2 million in ships. This is just another way for this game to punish me for sticking with my friends in my current guild.

@Evilted26 Not entirely true, I am in the same scenario as you for the most part. None of the guild members are whales by any means, our GP average is around 1.8 million and most of us already have ROLO at 7*, Probe Droid close to either 6/7* and most of us already maxed 7* Wampa or Hermit yoda depending on who we chose. We have not come close to even maxing out 45 starts in territory battles but we do use our rewards to get Wampa/HY shards and we are almost there. I'd suggest to keep on going, as for the new G12+ we aren't event close for heroic but I'm sure eventually we will get there, it's just part of the game.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Let the whales enjoy their advantage.
    They are the ones paying for this game.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Plenty of non whale guilds have completed heroic. The lowest GP I've heard of is around 115M with 11 jtr's. Saying that heroic is only for whale guilds is an excuse to not farm, gear and zeta the proper toons. I know players that are 1.6M GP that have a 4% team for every phase as well. Motivation and coordination is much more important to defeating heroic than money.
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    Plenty of non whale guilds have completed heroic. The lowest GP I've heard of is around 115M with 11 jtr's. Saying that heroic is only for whale guilds is an excuse to not farm, gear and zeta the proper toons. I know players that are 1.6M GP that have a 4% team for every phase as well. Motivation and coordination is much more important to defeating heroic than money.

I'm sure this is true, these changes make those with jtr in said guild gain significantly more and drives down the incentive of some of those who are doing 4% with other teams. I don't see how this is good for the game. Also as the lower tiers are set up it seems most guilds are doing 3-4 or heroic because there is so little gap between 6 and 7, and those that can do 5 tend to lose players to burnout or guilds doing heroic. Again I can't see how this helps the game.
  • TVF
    36608 posts Member
    Options

You are right, you don't have to be in a whale guild.

However, if you're not in a guild that's close to heroic, you have to leave your guild to compete in the arenas now.

Not cool.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I agree with much of what has been said. Not being able to farm Traya is one thing, after all she is only 1 character but stopping all but a few elite players from getting the extra G12 gear is just wrong.
    In a month or so my arena team will be next to useless and so will 95% of players.
    I don't get this decision at all.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

However, if you're not in a guild that's close to heroic, you have to leave your guild to compete in the arenas now.

Not cool.

This was true for the AAT and will be true for the next raid as well. If your guild isn’t close then assign players teams to farm. Tell the jtr’s to gear their resistance to g12. Tell those with either Wampa or hoda to farm and gear sabine. Tell those with NS to put a zeta on asajj. Shoot for each player having two teams that can get 4% in two different phases. This isn’t a raid where one person can carry. It’s a guild-wide effort. If players don’t want to put in the effort, find some that will.
  • TVF
    36608 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Not cool.

This was true for the AAT and will be true for the next raid as well. If your guild isn’t close then assign players teams to farm. Tell the jtr’s to gear their resistance to g12. Tell those with either Wampa or hoda to farm and gear sabine. Tell those with NS to put a zeta on asajj. Shoot for each player having two teams that can get 4% in two different phases. This isn’t a raid where one person can carry. It’s a guild-wide effort. If players don’t want to put in the effort, find some that will.

You don't need anywhere near the amount of rosters for HAAT than you do for hSTR. We are progressing. That's not the issue. The issue is how much work has to be done, and how terrible rewards are a detriment to doing that work.
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    I'm so mad that Yoda gets a rework before General Grievous...

I understand your frustrations. But as Snoke said in last Jedi . Darkness rise then Light to meet it . It's time for Jedi to be bad **** for a little while or maybe more than a Jedi rework but maybe Clone wars era rework. Because face it most clone wars characters are forgettable other general Kenobi , Anakin and Dooku . Separtists suck , clone war bounty Hunters suck and missing key characters, missing droids, missing Jedi , clones need rework , numerous missing ships ,no Padme . This is a much needed overhaul and bring in characters much desired by fans like Jango Fett,Padme and many more
  • Options
    Raids do foster one thing. Let some do the work for all. At least many "elite" guilds are willing to shuttle customers through and let them obtain the desired shards with little or no effort on the lower levels squads. I've seen GP 800k rosters with 7* GK. No doubt they are working on a 7* Traya also.

Meanwhile I'm 5 stun guns from g12 of GMY. Hope he is really worth using now.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Not cool.

You don't need anywhere near the amount of rosters for HAAT than you do for hSTR. We are progressing. That's not the issue. The issue is how much work has to be done, and how terrible rewards are a detriment to doing that work.

I don’t usually agree with TVF but he’s right. HAAT you can utilize quite a few more team compostions throughout each phase. The fact that you can’t inflict debuffs in HSR takes away so many viable team combos that you’re forced to use the same teams for each phase.
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Let's hope not, they should die like the galaxy failures they turned out to be.

Weren't the Sith ultimately the failures who died?
    Anyways, I hope that the next faction rework is going to be Jedi (they could really use it) and I also hope that they'll be good in the Sith raid. We need more options to use.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Not cool.

You don't need anywhere near the amount of rosters for HAAT than you do for hSTR. We are progressing.

You did when it released.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Not cool.

The fact that you can’t inflict debuffs in HSR takes away so many viable team combos that you’re forced to use the same teams for each phase.

This is more true in lower tiers of the raid where %hp effects like expose from jtr and deathmark make up a far greater % of your damage. For heroic it's jtr in p1, many squads are viable in p2, chex mix in p3 (which underperforms in lower tiers btw), and NS in p4.
  • Options

I also think Jedi Luke will be here soon. Wonder how he will be released.

Have they hinted at Jedi Luke. I am guessing it will be the best phase of hero’s journey. Keep thinking we need Hermit Yoda to complete the training.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

This is true. It sure would be nice if T1-6 helped folks gear the proper toons though. As of now the primary value of those tires is practicing strategy and they're not even all that useful for that. As you point out, it's hard to practice Chex Mix outside of heroic (not impossible). Also, it's hard to theory craft against them. Jawas are pretty good at T5 and 6. I don't hear too much about them in Heroic.

Anyway, this isn't too different from HAAT. nAAT to HAAT is a big jump. Not all teams that worked in nAAT work on HAAT. Etc.

Doesn't mean folks have to like it.
  • MakinATrillion
    84 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hawkeye wrote: »
    I also think Jedi Luke will be here soon. Wonder how he will be released.

Have they hinted at Jedi Luke. I am guessing it will be the best phase of hero’s journey. Keep thinking we need Hermit Yoda to complete the training.

I would honestly like to see pilot Luke before Jedi Luke. I just want Jedi Luke to be a really special character even more so than Jedi Rey when she is released.
  • Options
    They need to make the extra G12 gear available to everyone, just not those running Heroic Sith. It will only create a huge gap and unfair advantage. Make it available in the guild event shop with all the other G12 gear. This should be fairly obvious.
  • Alaoh
    19 posts Member
    Options
    You guys have ruined ships on TB, this is the second Tb and it still isn’t fixed, look it up, there isn’t even enough room to use the command ship. Need to fix it, ASAP
  • Alaoh
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Also, probe droid mission on TB cannot be done
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options

Whhaaaaattt? I thought you were crushing ships 2.0 arena!?!?!
    (yes, that's snarky AF... but goes to illustrate the point... no you don't. Wiggs and Raid Han under CLS - all ftp - are a great counter to Traya and you seem to be doing just fine in fleet arena.)
    All will progress given time and patience or money. Everyone has a choice. Be content with yours, or do something different.
  • TVF
    36608 posts Member
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »

(yes, that's snarky AF... but goes to illustrate the point... no you don't. Wiggs and Raid Han under CLS - all ftp - are a great counter to Traya and you seem to be doing just fine in fleet arena.)
    All will progress given time and patience or money. Everyone has a choice. Be content with yours, or do something different.

Great counter for now, sure. Like you say I'm doing fine.

What happens with the new gear pieces? Affects both arenas btw.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    They need to make the extra G12 gear available to everyone, just not those running Heroic Sith. It will only create a huge gap and unfair advantage. Make it available in the guild event shop with all the other G12 gear. This should be fairly obvious.
    Not going to happen for a while, and no, not obvious.
    Think of gear in the same way as new toon release. There's a release cadence. Exclusive for a time, and then you'll see them in shops. There's not necessarily the same stated timeline, but they do do it that way.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »

Great counter for now, sure. Like you say I'm doing fine.

What happens with the new gear pieces? Affects both arenas btw.

Naturally. There's an ebb and flow. You'll do worse for a time, then you'll catch up. Always been this way in this game. Can't always be king unless you pay to be. (I'm a VERY light spender so I am well acquainted with the ebb and flow)