No more Jedi reworks incoming in near future...

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    So what was the reasoning behind just a GMY?

Probably to make event characters useful. Yoda is now a very solid toon that can be used somewhere.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Then there’s the “major help” with HSTR. Well he works on one team but that one team requires visas to work. Which means you had to pay for her at this point.

So, no it goes beyond salt.

Or maybe everyone is looking for the amazing combination and not looking for the decent combination that can do 1-1.5% somewhere.

An extra one of the latter would make a big difference to a lot of guilds.
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options
    He did say there weren’t any reworks coming yet. He didn’t say that there weren’t any new Jedi coming... just throwing that out there.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    They really should have told the gamechangers about this so they didn’t hype it all up. I know that warrior, ahnoldt101 and mobliegamer are all thinking that more jedi reworks are coming as they have said in their vids. Then couple that with no official word on the official forums about it just plays against their “great communication”. So what was the reasoning behind just a GMY?

Because Sith raid is kitten. Instead of fixing garbage content they are tweaking toons for it. Why not just fix the garbage? No clue.
  • OnEMesSduPKiD
    669 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Kissycat wrote: »
    He did say there weren’t any reworks coming yet. He didn’t say that there weren’t any new Jedi coming... just throwing that out there.
    This. He explicitly said “existing Jedi”.

And regardless, we have no idea what “near future means”. It could mean in the next few weeks or months. The hype around Jedi has been so much that he may be telling people it’s not the next content that’s coming. It could be within the year though, 6 months is certainly beyond “near future”, in my opinion.

And as usual, take it with a grain of salt anyway. EA is a publicly traded company, they literally cannot go spilling details about next quarter content until their quarter is over.

• Options

It literally says “there isn’t a Jedi rework coming”, unless by “any reworks” you mean other factions.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    No more Jedi reworks incoming in near future...

GOOD
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Yippee more reasons to farm Visas.

Boooo not at least having some retooling for jedi pilots to come with the ship table.

Yippee a boost to one of the characters in my top ten (a free dude no less)

Boooo that theres roughly eightkabillionmajillion jedi i wanna play with that wont be showing up anytime soon.

The CG giveth and the CG taketh. Im just gonna be over here waiting for legos new anakins jedi starfighter and doing my 5 visas sims a day.

• Options
    They really should have told the gamechangers about this so they didn’t hype it all up. I know that warrior, ahnoldt101 and mobliegamer are all thinking that more jedi reworks are coming as they have said in their vids. Then couple that with no official word on the official forums about it just plays against their “great communication”. So what was the reasoning behind just a GMY?

a "rework" and "adding new toons" are not the same thing. CG has explicitly said they are not doing a Jedi faction rework. They did not say they would not be adding new toons... words matter.
  • Cassius97
    74 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    People would be pretty **** if traya wasn't meta anymore just as lower guilds start to unlock her

That's exactly when she won't be meta. :D:D

That's been a trend lately. Release something meta and then in 3-4 months when everyone is able to farm it, release something else that trumps that.

That's not to say Traya won't be great still, but the spenders will need something new to keep them ahead of the curve.
    Post edited by Cassius97 on
  • Options
    He did say there weren’t any reworks coming yet.

"Yet" being the keyword.

If he said (I'm assuming it's a he) "there will never be a Jedi rework in the history of the game" then I'd raise an eyebrow.

But he didn't.

Of course, eventually and one day, there will be a Jedi rework. All we can tell from the statement is that it will not be in the near future.

Unless it is.

• Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    I'd rather focus on what has been released recently than chase yet another meta shift and have 6 months of nothing. Pace the content is delivered these days is actually too fast for them to handle. Let them take their time, test stuff, tweak and debug what's released already

I agree with you. I was more excited for maybe another Sith raid team. That raid is realllllllly boring and a chore.

I hear GMY will be better at it now. I agree about the raid.
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    Options
    He did say there weren’t any reworks coming yet.

"Yet" being the keyword.

If he said (I'm assuming it's a he) "there will never be a Jedi rework in the history of the game" then I'd raise an eyebrow.

But he didn't.

Of course, eventually and one day, there will be a Jedi rework. All we can tell from the statement is that it will not be in the near future.

Unless it is.

It is not.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    Options
    To those saying why didn't I post the same info here: You're right, I should have. But the Reddit post screencaps say everything that needs to be said. I really am just trying to head this off at the pass before people get angry at us for not doing something we never said we were going to do in the first place. I'd also ask that you all trust me when I say we've got some great stuff coming in the near future, and as soon as we can talk about it we will.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    Options
    Just because there aren't any reworks for the Jedi right now, doesn't mean there won't be any new Jedi soon, right?
    Right?
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    To those saying why didn't I post the same info here: You're right, I should have. But the Reddit post screencaps say everything that needs to be said. I really am just trying to head this off at the pass before people get angry at us for not doing something we never said we were going to do in the first place. I'd also ask that you all trust me when I say we've got some great stuff coming in the near future, and as soon as we can talk about it we will.

Are you able to talk about if there will be any changes to non-heroic sith raid any time soon?
  • Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    Just because there aren't any reworks for the Jedi right now, doesn't mean there won't be any new Jedi soon, right?
    Right?

He's said the same exact thing twice "no Jedi faction rework". They've never confirmed or denied new characters (except porkins). So at this point anything is just speculation, but I would recommend not getting excited about any specific faction or character being released. Then you'll never be disappointed :) But a new Jedi is not explicitly off the table, just a rework is.
  • Alaoh
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Fix ships on Tb
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Options
    No rework but maybe some new Jedi coming to the game. :)
  • Options
    well at least we got a GMY rework and that at least makes Jedi still useless.
  • Options
    Jedi weren't useless before and are better now. There are 4 or 5Jedi who are viable in some aspect of the game not including Ezra, Old Ben and Kanan.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    While I appreciate the communication, this seems so horrible. I think one of the most asked for thing is a Jedi rework, specifically mace and anakin who are useless but are some of the most powerful characters in Star Wars. Why they would make the most central faction to all of light side Star Wars across all eras useless is ridiculous. Why give sith such awesome and amazing meta defining reworks but not do jedi. I really don’t understand this. This hoped for/expected Jedi rework is what has been keeping me playing. The cap gasp post makes it sound like it isn’t coming at all, not that it just isn’t coming this month.Without this hope, for me, there just isn’t really anything to look forward to. Maybe Jedi Luke. Or Jedi Revan. Man this is disappointing.

Honestly? I'd relax and take what was said with a -

894uxdhvujbl.png

When one of the lead designers says that a jedi rework isn’t coming this year (another 6 months minimum) then it’s not something that requires salt. It’s a legitimate kick to the chops for those that have been waiting for a LONG time for Jedi to be useful again. Let’s be honest and break down the significance of the rework.
    All the rework does is make him a viable leader for the assault battle. There’s also one team that works in arena but it requires proper use otherwise it gets slaughtered by the sith meta. So on offense it’ll be fun but defense will not work.
    Then there’s the “major help” with HSTR. Well he works on one team but that one team requires visas to work. Which means you had to pay for her at this point.

So, no it goes beyond salt.

Actually works ok with a Zarris instead of Visas. Can still get 2.5 percent with that same squad.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Can't wait for it! Jedi are right where they are supposed, getting killed unless GK or Yoda is around to help them.
  • Alaoh
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Fix ships on Tb
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    I'd also ask that you all trust me when I say we've got some great stuff coming in the near future, and as soon as we can talk about it we will.

We don't. You have CG in front of your name. I'm sorry, but you all have a very, very long way to go before any of you get to ask us for trust again.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    I'd also ask that you all trust me when I say we've got some great stuff coming in the near future, and as soon as we can talk about it we will.

We don't. You have CG in front of your name. I'm sorry, but you all have a very, very long way to go before any of you get to ask us for trust again.

Why do you use the word "us" I trust that they can do the best they can. Sometimes they live up to it sometimes they fall short. I do trust they have some exciting stuff ahead. Ships PVE has been great so far for me! Love the Yoda rework. Thanks!
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »

Speak for yourself, bruh