Bonds of Weakness Change Followup (MEGA)

Replies

• Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    Options
    This thread seems an awfully lot like this that: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/169517/sith-triumvirate-raid-feedback-thread#latest

You know, the one where they allowed for feedback, but decided to ignore all 1.5k+ comments on how much their raid has ruined the game.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    terascque wrote: »
    I wonder if devs are able to track individual spending. If so they really should check my account. $3,000 spent in 8 months. Only about $500 spent in the last 2 months. Shame on me for even giving them that, but I wonder what's caused me to cut my spending in half.

It certainly isn't because I don't have the money. I am single, with no kids, and have $1200 a month in bills. I nade $80,000 last year. I have plenty of money.

Wonder if its the junk that they are peddling right now. To much RNG, bad Sith Raids, loss of 8 hard node farms per day, nerfing an entire squad to fix something that only .005% of the player base can do anyways, no communication, to many marquee events, etc. etc. etc.

I'd love to give you my money again CG, but at the rate your going don't be surprised to see me cut my spending in half again. Maybe they really don't care though. Maybe $50 bucks a month is enough to keep them going.

Sigh.
    Hammerhed wrote: »
    152 Million spent was spent on it in 2017.

Not to burst your bubble, baby whale, but $2000 in 6 months isn’t a lot, relatively. Some people spend upwards of $1000 on just mods.

But that’s beside the point.

The point is, it would be nice to know what is acceptable and what isn’t. People figured out really quickly that a “paper” zombie helps an NS team more than a max gear zombie. It’s a synergy that shined. It may not be what was intended but for some, finding synergies or tricks like ensuring zombie dies a lot is fun.

It also wasn’t hard to figure out that if you in any way damage a toon who grants tm to other toons then that toon would be amazing in a raid where you’re constantly getting damaged. The devs made the toons. They made the rules for the raids. At some point they have to admit they didn’t plan things out as well as they thought they did. At some point they have to admit they simply screwed up.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    This person complained long ago about a low geared zombie and kozispoon said it wasn’t a bug and it was a form of strategy to have it low geared.

Here’s the post:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/153504/fix-the-nightsister-zombie-gear-exploit#latest

A simple zeta refund isn’t enough. Most of us geared up 4 night sister toons to G12 plus used 3-5 zetas.
    Thats a great point they promoted it as a strategy! Just what I was saying, sold people on the NS and then "bait and switched" ...

Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    AdlerCl wrote: »
    You know why it quickly got the nerf bat?
    What if a 60 million guilg could twice a week convince someone who could solo p3 and p4 DN then basically everyone could devise a work around to the raid. If your lucky enough to have traya at 7* odds are your home guild is asking you to dial back a bit so everyone can get her.

Therefore nerfed to hell.

I don't see anyone arguing that the infinite loop shouldn't be fixed. I see a lot of people agree that the nerf was too excessive and targeted NS unfairly.

The loop needed fixing and I don't see OP saying it didn't. This fix is too aggressive and renders a lot of effort and resource allocation void to a considerable degree.

It's also highly unrealistic that a 60 million GP guild could handle phases 1 and 2 unless they only farmed the teams that are best for the raid. I get what you're saying to a degree, but what are the odds that many guilds could have done this and suddenly become self sufficient in the raid over the weekend?

I agree with everything you said and even as I typed 60 million I knew it was probably low. And yes it could have waited the weekend. But to me someone doing that amount of damage could be a mountain climber for certain guilds and to them that was unacceptable.
  • Options
    Devs: Sorry you just lost the game, in which we just made up, and only we know the rules to.

*tips hat and walks away*
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    It's like what if I sold you an album on iTunes, and then changed half the songs after you bought it.
  • AdlerCl
    47 posts Member
    Options
    What if a 60 million guilg could twice a week convince someone who could solo p3 and p4 DN then basically everyone could devise a work around to the raid. If your lucky enough to have traya at 7* odds are your home guild is asking you to dial back a bit so everyone can get her.

I don't see anyone arguing that the infinite loop shouldn't be fixed. I see a lot of people agree that the nerf was too excessive and targeted NS unfairly.

The loop needed fixing and I don't see OP saying it didn't. This fix is too aggressive and renders a lot of effort and resource allocation void to a considerable degree.

It's also highly unrealistic that a 60 million GP guild could handle phases 1 and 2 unless they only farmed the teams that are best for the raid. I get what you're saying to a degree, but what are the odds that many guilds could have done this and suddenly become self sufficient in the raid over the weekend?

I agree with everything you said and even as I typed 60 million I knew it was probably low. And yes it could have waited the weekend. But to me someone doing that amount of damage could be a mountain climber for certain guilds and to them that was unacceptable.

I totally get where you're coming from and that certainly had to be stopped before it got out of hand. They're expedition of the fix was unfortunate given that this is a problem that could have taken some time to gestate before becoming an immediate issue.

Instead we have a fix that is currently hampering my guild in its progress in T6.

Sorry, didn't want to be preachy since we're basically on the same page. Just wanted to expand on the issue a little. :smile:
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    It's like what if I sold you an album on iTunes, and then changed half the songs after you bought it.

Welcome to Spotify
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    However, as you are our valuable player, I'd like to offer you 200 Crystals for the inconvenience that you experienced

Reminds me of that South Park episode with the Chinpokomon

The difference being that was funny and this is sad.
  • Options

I totally get where you're coming from and that certainly had to be stopped before it got out of hand. They're expedition of the fix was unfortunate given that this is a problem that could have taken some time to gestate before becoming an immediate issue.

Instead we have a fix that is currently hampering my guild in its progress in T6.

Sorry, didn't want to be preachy since we're basically on the same page. Just wanted to expand on the issue a little. :smile:

Man...I do not envy your position. Big props keep at it.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »
    terascque wrote: »
    I wonder if devs are able to track individual spending. If so they really should check my account. $3,000 spent in 8 months. Only about $500 spent in the last 2 months. Shame on me for even giving them that, but I wonder what's caused me to cut my spending in half.

It certainly isn't because I don't have the money. I am single, with no kids, and have $1200 a month in bills. I nade $80,000 last year. I have plenty of money.

Wonder if its the junk that they are peddling right now. To much RNG, bad Sith Raids, loss of 8 hard node farms per day, nerfing an entire squad to fix something that only .005% of the player base can do anyways, no communication, to many marquee events, etc. etc. etc.

I'd love to give you my money again CG, but at the rate your going don't be surprised to see me cut my spending in half again. Maybe they really don't care though. Maybe $50 bucks a month is enough to keep them going.

Sigh.
    Hammerhed wrote: »
    152 Million spent was spent on it in 2017.

Not to burst your bubble, baby whale, but $2000 in 6 months isn’t a lot, relatively. Some people spend upwards of $1000 on just mods.

But that’s beside the point.

The point is, it would be nice to know what is acceptable and what isn’t. People figured out really quickly that a “paper” zombie helps an NS team more than a max gear zombie. It’s a synergy that shined. It may not be what was intended but for some, finding synergies or tricks like ensuring zombie dies a lot is fun.

It also wasn’t hard to figure out that if you in any way damage a toon who grants tm to other toons then that toon would be amazing in a raid where you’re constantly getting damaged. The devs made the toons. They made the rules for the raids. At some point they have to admit they didn’t plan things out as well as they thought they did. At some point they have to admit they simply screwed up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing at all that people spend more than I do. The point was, that's a lot of money no matter how you look at it, and it could have been much more.

All anyone seems to think is they only listen to whales. Well here is one whale whos now almost free to play. I bet they don't listen to whales as much as people think they do. My being baby minnow status now or whatever that makes doesn't mean squat to them. It was only to illustrate that I am someone who spends a lot of money and currently dislike the game.

They do what they want and everyone else be darned. Whales included.

Maybe more people need to do what I've done. Stop spending any money at all. Their marquee events be darned. Crystals be darned, resources be doubly darned.

While I do enjoy playing the game, many of their decisions leave me scratching my head. I'm more than capable, willing, and able to bring my money to someone else.

I do it all the time. Haven't visited Target in years. Perkins Restaurant in forever. Haven't picked up a Bioware game in ages. Plenty of businesses no longer see a plug nickel from me. CG and EA can join the list if they want to.
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I for one will no longer be spending money I seen alot of people in my guild spend upwards of 500 bucks for bastila and how much fun she was. I just paid all my bills for the month of August I like to be a month and some change ahead bc I work in the construction business you never know when a job will end. With that said I was going to go all in on bastila and the Wookie bc I have overtime next week and was going to use that money on the game. So CG you have lost my business which is always with the 9.99 packs and 20 bucks here and there for crystals NEVER again I will invest elsewhere maybe MARVEL
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_TopHat here’s some pictures to prove the bug you instilled in your fix. I know you already acknowledged it, but I’d like you to actually SEE it.

qqvova5dfatz.png

And then....
    5bi8uudig7mg.png

Kept running into that bug and was capped at 1.5 million damage in all my runs. Precisely half of my usual damage. Cost me a top 3 finish so I fell to 5. Not a big deal right? First ever top 10 finish....then I see my rewards....TRASH.

hou853diiv6y.png
    c2hwf17bl8s3.png

Outside the full craft wristband and the 30 mk6 detonators, it was JUNK. 3 pulls of challenge gear? WOW thanks for making sure I never spend another dime on this game again. @CG_SBCrumb this falls in line with the feedback you asked for in that thread you forgot about. The rewards stink even for top 10 finishers when challenge gear can be pulled 3 times.
  • cdhek
    61 posts Member
    Options
    This thread will most likely be deleted, but I just want to pipe in before it is and say that I can’t stand any aspects of the new raid ..
    length of time to complete (qol) .. horrible
    loot table for completion, other than heroic .. horrible
    fun vs annoying? .. annoying
    What it’s done to groups I loved, like resistance and now nightsisters, utter disaster .. so horrible ..

Make it hard, I don’t care, but make it take 45 minutes, not hours.
    Don’t drop **** loot, ESPECIALLY if it takes hours.
    I hate the raids, I’ll tag it for guild tolkens but I’m not wasting RL for the one aspect of the game that missed the mark so badly it’s on par with Jean Claude Van Dam’s movie Knock Off which **** me of 2 hours of my life
  • Options
    Why do all of us even care anymore, they take from us everything and give us nothing but empty promises. They don't listen to us the player base. If everyone was to stop paying money then they might listen. Until that happens they will never care about the players.
  • zorglub
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    the problem with the raid is not STH, NS or any specific toon.

The problem with the raid is Bonds of Weakness. Quite ironically it has been the weakness of the raid from day 1. It is the only thing that needs to be fixed. Because no matter how much CG fixes specific strategy to abuse BoW, there will always be a risk for a new loophole to be discovered, or for a new character to allow future abuse.

When you have a leaking pipe, the solution is not to mop the floor, it is to fix the pipe.

What has been common to every loophole strategy revolving around BoW?
    - The fact that they rely on BoW damage to activate some kind of mechanic (TM gain and TM removal mostly)
    - The fact that BoW damage will not kill any character.

So here is what I think is the very best, foolproof fix to BoW that will prevent any future abuse and any future uproar from the community:

"If BoW damage would kill a character, there's a 100% - bonds count chance to prevent that damage"

So at low bonds count, the risk is low to lose a character, but the higher the count, the more dangerous it becomes.

This change does two things:
    - Keep the increased risk factor of BoW, forcing you to fine-tune your stacks management
    - Prevent any "on damage" shenanigans to be exploited while still allowing the mechanic to work when the unit has enough remaining health.

Changing BoW in this way, CG could restore the "on damage" effects on all toons that were nerfed (STH and all the others) and open up a world of possibilities for new teams to perform in P3 and P4 with the absolute certainty that no loopholes would be abused any more.
  • Options
    That would be just as annoying as it is now.
  • Parad
    17 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'd like to encourage you to listen to what Warrior says in this podcast by RSG:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5NY2fnU8R8&frags=pl%2Cwn
    Starts at about 6 minutes in.

He's about to quit making videos as a Game Changer, and I honestly feel like I spend way to much time on this game myself, which I enjoy less and less ever since the sith raid dropped.
    You're hammering tirelessly and get like no useful rewards at all... It is a frustrating and exhausting experience. My guild takes a week for Tier 4 raid, because only 15 people participate.

"I think they're overly protective of the Sith Raid. And I don't understand why, its almost as if it's a case of: Here's a raid, you'll hate it, we're gonna make it worse and we're gonna nerf all the rewards."
    This quote of the podcast sums it up nicely and made me laugh ^^
    Post edited by Parad on
    Change - Paradox - Humour
  • zorglub
    56 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    The biggest problem is ridiculous tm gain!
    No other game has as many tm gain mechanics as this. Now they have huge problems in every mode we have in game.

While I agree with excessive TM manipulation (gain or removal), that's just a design choice and they can't change that without changing everything in the game.

I'm talking about fixing the pipe, you're talking about levelling the whole building
  • Options
    Well a mechanism depending on chances will add more rng and more frustration.

If Bow reaches to or above 50 stacks its damage become lethal is most fair solution imo. (No changes till 50 stacks) Ns will keep their value, we wont see anymore solos, ppl invested to sthan and fives etc. can do some noticeable and quick damage as well.
  • zorglub
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Aramil66 wrote: »
    Well a mechanism depending on chances will add more rng and more frustration.

If Bow reaches to or above 50 stacks its damage become lethal is most fair solution imo. (No changes till 50 stacks) Ns will keep their value, we wont see anymore solos, ppl invested to sthan and fives etc. can do some noticeable and quick damage as well.

I think the important part is to prevent the lethal damage instead of applying it to non-lethal proportions. The random factor is there to discourage people from getting in that lethal range altogether, while allowing people who like to be living on the edge for that extra bit of damage to do so.

I see it as partial randomness, where it's not a random thing to be in lethal range, but once you're there you embrace the risk.
  • Options
    Who is the decision maker? Get him or her to come face the players rather than hide behind promises made by PR.
  • Options
    TL;DR

The most obnoxious thing on the internet is to be too lazy/not care enough to read someone’s post yet take the time to tell them about it.

Not at all, anyone who has used the internet for a while will realise that people lose interest when they see a wall of text as long as their arm. If you want to still keep people engaged then you include a TL;DR, stop trying to create a problem snowflake
  • Options
    TL;DR

The most obnoxious thing on the internet is to be too lazy/not care enough to read someone’s post yet take the time to tell them about it.

Not at all, anyone who has used the internet for a while will realise that people lose interest when they see a wall of text as long as their arm. If you want to still keep people engaged then you include a TL;DR, stop trying to create a problem snowflake

Great idea. Let's get sidetracked and pick on each other. That way we present single targets when CG kills us off, instead of presenting a united front.
    Sound like the best plan I have heard all day. And my two year old tried to play with a wasp. That was smarter ...
  • Options
    This person complained long ago about a low geared zombie and kozispoon said it wasn’t a bug and it was a form of strategy to have it low geared.

Here’s the post:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/153504/fix-the-nightsister-zombie-gear-exploit#latest

A simple zeta refund isn’t enough. Most of us geared up 4 night sister toons to G12 plus used 3-5 zetas.

This ^^^^
  • Options
    1) P1 if you don t have Rey don t play
    2) P2 is ok
    3) P3 ........nothing to say , you can brooken your phone 100 Times
    4) P4 NS the only one phase with fun ...oh CG has nerf the NS ???
    I don t know if you can understand players CG but for me you don t understand a lot of think
    With 20 stacks , fun is OVER put the stacks at 50 or nerf traya ,
    I put 4 zêtas on that team cause i like them and now you broken 6 month of my work and work of a lot of Players .
    Thank for nothing
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    quote="JediMindTricks;c-1611961"]This person complained long ago about a low geared zombie and kozispoon said it wasn’t a bug and it was a form of strategy to have it low geared.

Here’s the post:

[/quote]

They lack Credibility...Once the Credibility is lost u lose all the Trust..@CG Thanks for Killing a Wonderful Game..

This discussion has been closed.