Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• Options
    komji15 wrote: »
    The problem is the rewards. We can’t remove TM especially at Sion phase. That’s why we can’t soloing entire STR. Lower GP guild can soloing HRancor and HAAT raids in 3 hours. But STR? it can’t.

Our guild GP is about 50M (pretty low..) But there are over 10 members who can soloing HAAT Raid. However, when we challenged STR Tier 4, we took almost 2 days. STR Tier4 is much harder than HAAT Raid. But rewards? HAAT’s rewards are much better than STR T4.

NSTR doesn’t give Traya shards. But it’s too hard considering rewards. T4 STR’s rewards must be same or better than HAAT Raid. Those of T1-T6 have to be modified.

I agree it's not worth the effort at T4 compared to haat raid. I just can't be bothered to play it seriously in it's current state. I actually enjoy theory crafting teams for it too unfortunately lack of rewards for time invested kills the fun. :(
  • Options
    Sith Raid T1 reads: 1 Star or higher, level 40, gear 5 or higher.

So, a guild with 50 people, each having 5 teams which match the requirements above should be able to finish this raid in time, they produce enough tickets to start another raid like this, ok ?

Are the develepors REALLY SURE, that this is the case?!? Obviously it's not the case, so the raid is completely misplanned on T1 and likewise on a lot of the lower tiers - just like the normal AAT Raid before it's (to drastic) nerf !
  • Options
    Doing T4 currently as a guild just increasing the rewards would help a lot. Feeling totally demotivated due to this singular issue.
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    "I wanted to let you know that we are going to be change the ____ ____________ ____ . I also wanted to explain why we’re doing it and reveal a little more insight into our decision to make the change at that time in the first place. But first I’ll underline that it was the wrong call. What we should have done is announced that a change was forthcoming and spent a few days designing and testing the change. We should have then announced to you, the community, what the change was before we implemented it. It can be easy, in the face of the wrong call, to dig in and try to defend your rationale in the first place – but it would be the wrong thing for the game, and we are, like you, first and foremost fans of this game – so I am asking for your faith that, even though we may make the wrong decisions from time to time, if they really are wrong, we will correct it."

Was kind of hoping for something like this months ago here...

But it also likely gives us our answer in the last lines.

NERVE
    God's in his heaven
    All's right with the world

• Options
    "I wanted to let you know that we are going to be change the ____ ____________ ____ . I also wanted to explain why we’re doing it and reveal a little more insight into our decision to make the change at that time in the first place. But first I’ll underline that it was the wrong call. What we should have done is announced that a change was forthcoming and spent a few days designing and testing the change. We should have then announced to you, the community, what the change was before we implemented it. It can be easy, in the face of the wrong call, to dig in and try to defend your rationale in the first place – but it would be the wrong thing for the game, and we are, like you, first and foremost fans of this game – so I am asking for your faith that, even though we may make the wrong decisions from time to time, if they really are wrong, we will correct it."

Was kind of hoping for something like this months ago here...

But it also likely gives us our answer in the last lines.

NERVE
    God's in his heaven
    All's right with the world

They continue to double down on this raid - they're going to continue shoving it down every player who wishes to progress. They'e going to nerf and break every single toon that dares rear it's head and make it the least bit bearable. It really is the worst, Sithiest, content they've ever made.
    I almost can't wait until more of my guildies leave the game - maybe I'll finally realize that no matter how many times I try and relieve myself on this dumpster fire it'll never go out. Certainly the pressing, and inevitable, NS nerf will do it for me.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    So here's the issue with this statement by CG_TopHat

"It can be easy, in the face of the wrong call, to dig in and try to defend your rationale in the first place – but it would be the wrong thing for the game, and we are, like you, first and foremost fans of this game – so I am asking for your faith that, even though we may make the wrong decisions from time to time, if they really are wrong, we will correct it."

They have in fact dug in with the Sith Raid and even worse NOT rationalized it. Hey it would be one thing if they dig in and gave some sort of explanation why or communicated with us, but no. They ask for our feedback and then remain silent. How are we supposed to have any faith? If you at the very least responded and said "We hear you loud and clear. We're working on a fix, but we want it to be meaningful and not just a band-aid. Give us some time and faith." Then yes. maybe I'd have faith. But silence.

Silence tells me you either aren't listening, which is unlikely that you could ignore 50+ pages, or that you don't care, which also seems unlikely if I'm being fair to you. But it most likely means that while you do care you see this as the best direction for the game and we'd just like to know why. Again you have dug in but not explained anything. Or if you are working on something shut us all up by saying so.

Please for the love of god as one fan to another then, clue us in. Give us reason to have faith.
  • Options
    Maybe we'll get a response come page 52...
  • Options
    I'm in a conglomerate alliance. The lowest tier of it. We just completed our 2nd heroic. 1st attempt stalled in p2 though we got to p3. 2nd attempt we completed with minutes left. No mercs used. 3rd attempt we finished with 13 hours to spare.

Now the good. The rewards feel to be worth the effort so far... Which compounds the FACT that the rewards for any tier NOT heroic are definitely NOT worth it.

Fix the raid. Make it fun. Neither Rancor nor HAAT we're this tedious and this big of a fun sucking parasite. Fix the rewards: effort equation CG. More happy customers means a better game means more money.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I think rebel yell was being facetious @Nikoms565

*taps sarcasm meter* Hmmmm...I think you're right. This thing seems to be on the fritz this morning. Carry on.

:)
  • Options
    I don't have any specific recommendations. The developers just need to go back to the drawing board on this one and figure out how to make to make the Sith Raid both fun and challenging. I'm sure it can be done. Both of the other Raids are fun, and both are challenging, depending on where you are in the game. Since the Sith Raid has a full 7 tiers, it can be tailored to be appropriately challenging for various "bands" of preparedness/development, while still being fun for everyone. Right now it just sucks. It isn't fun for anyone, with the exception of very brief moments using very specific teams and very specific phases. The rest of it blows, and many players can't even be bothered to throw in 5 teams on auto, when you don't have the "right" team in the "right" phase.

Seriously, @CG_TopHat and @CG_Carrie just get everyone working on making the Raid fun. Make it something players are actually looking forward to, as they collect raid tickets in anticipation of launching a raid, rather than dreading having to go through the motions of yet another one.

Best,

V
  • Options
    52 pages long now and still nothing...this is getting pathetic
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    agchbcda9zzp.png
    This would be ok if 3 star toons could it but it’s not

My eyes!!! Those rewards suck
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Well ever since people started complaining about the rewards more haat rewards have gone down hill fast lol.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    agchbcda9zzp.png
    This would be ok if 3 star toons could it but it’s not

My eyes!!! Those rewards suck

The best part? It can take a 50m GP guild four or five days to complete. The health of the raid bosses in, say tier 3, is not much lower than heroic. Those rewards don’t help anyone in a guild that size progress. I get why heroic players are complaining about their g12 and g12+ rewards, but it’s not half as bad as lower tiers.
  • Options
    So let me get this straight....you guys are basing the raid essentially around 1 hard to get character (JTR)? Could you please explain the reasoning behind this? The raid should be based around overall strategy and team synergy...not on a single character. Also, why is it that this raid requires days to complete when the other two raids can be done in a few hours with compareble rewards?
  • Options
    Welp....I thought communication was going to get better after @CG_TopHat addressed the loop debacle but here we still are. Waiting for a response that will never come....
  • Options
    Congrats CG... this raid not only crippled our budding happy guild but also destroyed our 4 guild alliance. What a great concept. And this coming from the 3m gp guy that actually enjoyed trying to build a guild rather than kevin Durant this crap.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I know it's been a while since we had an update for you on this issue but I wanted to follow up here to let folks know we are still working on this and it hasn't fallen to the way side. This week we had another discussion around the Sith Raid and I know this topic has come up even more frequently due to the Bonds of Weakness change, but this gave me an opportunity to reiterate the feedback that I collected from this thread. We have discussed this topic at length but there are two issues specifically that I brought to the the table again:
    • The effort required for rewards at lower tiers
    • The randomness of the raid mechanics that also can increase the amount of time needed to complete an attempt.

This has taken far more time than we expected as the team has been particularly busy recently. That said, we feel that we are close to determining the best combination of changes that address the majority of issues from the community. Unfortunately I don't have any announcements to make regarding exact changes at the moment but we should have a more detailed update sometime in the next week or 2 to share with everyone.
  • Options
    The world must be ending
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I know it's been a while since we had an update for you on this issue but I wanted to follow up here to let folks know we are still working on this and it hasn't fallen to the way side. This week we had another discussion around the Sith Raid and I know this topic has come up even more frequently due to the Bonds of Weakness change, but this gave me an opportunity to reiterate the feedback that I collected from this thread. We have discussed this topic at length but there are two issues specifically that I brought to the the table again:
    • The randomness of the raid mechanics that also can increase the amount of time needed to complete an attempt.

This has taken far more time than we expected as the team has been particularly busy recently. That said, we feel that we are close to determining the best combination of changes that address the majority of issues from the community. Unfortunately I don't have any announcements to make regarding exact changes at the moment but we should have a more detailed update sometime in the next week or 2 to share with everyone.

YES!!!! Finally! Thank you @CG_SBCrumb
  • Options

You responded to this thread!!!
    Didn’t know if this day would ever come. Glad to know that you plan to make some changes.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    To be clear EOW translated to 2+ months so in 1 to 2 weeks that means like... Christmas time? Either way glad for some feedback.
  • Zouss57
    44 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Quite frankly, when someone tells me after 2 months that she has not had time to come here to reassure people when it's her job, I tend not to believe her, no more than the busy person who nerf NS and introduced a ton of bug before going on a weekend. we'll talk about it in 2 weeks ....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Forgive me for being skeptical, but I will withhold my jumping for joy and outpouring of thanks until after I see what changes will be made. The last few times CG/EA changed the raid or it's rewards (including to Heroic) were all steps in the wrong direction.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Yeah, could have cut 30 pages with that post months ago. Based on how much you post on Reddit I am thinking zero people are buying the no time excuse though. Lets at least be honest.
  • Options

And you are going by normal weeks. Not the same time frame you gave us last time you updated saying a week and has been over 2 months...
  • Vettes4Fetts2
    523 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    See, that wasn't hard at all, now was it?

Waiting to see what all that time got us. I'm hopeful it will be worth it.

@CG_Carrie: *clap* :)

• Options
    At this point, any communication is better than nothing. Thanks for the update. Hope you will pop in from time to time.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    I sincerely hope this 2 weeks is an accurate time frame.

As it stands right now, the only guild I've ever been in is crumbling from the demoralizing damage this raid has done. We're doing T4+T5 to gage our progression but with the insane health of Nihilus in p1, some have deemed it beneath them and await p2 for fun times and damage dealing, destroying the team ethic we pride ourselves on.

7-8 days for underwhelming rewards only promotes staying stagnant. We do T4 in half the time.

I understand there have been potentially more pressing matters in game but I'm telling you now, this is and remains the biggest issue. I'll never be a true fan of 2.0 but the rewards never changed (bar adding 50 crystals for 20-50) and that was decent. For far more effort and time, the STR is a lottery of gear. The challenge gear remains a farce for our time and effort.

Don't be a stranger and look forward to hearing the verdict.
This discussion has been closed.