Brainstorming counters to bastilla lead

Replies

• Options
    How about some of the other anti-jedi Sith?

zMaul, Sidious, Triumvirate can work.

Maul does double dmg against jedi so he doesn't have to crit to take them out (they will have crit immunity pretty much permanently). Sidious can't be hit by jedi because of his dodge bonus, he's the TFP of jedi battles.
  • Options
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    How about some of the other anti-jedi Sith?

zMaul, Sidious, Triumvirate can work.

Maul does double dmg against jedi so he doesn't have to crit to take them out (they will have crit immunity pretty much permanently). Sidious can't be hit by jedi because of his dodge bonus, he's the TFP of jedi battles.

I don't see maul hitting hard enough to do that much against them and sideous dodging doesn't actually help kill anything. It does keep him alive but eventually the rest of the team is dead and it does you no good. I may be wrong but this sounds good on paper but I don't think it would work as well in practice. I don't have zaul and sideous geared to the point of using them for this though so it is hard to test. If you have zaul and sideous and have a team that works in practice by all means prove me wrong. Also if you have the triumpivate why not just use traya lead?
  • Options
    Enfys does well v Bastilla lead. All those buffs keep feeding crit damage so she hits crazy hard towards end of battle.
  • Options
    The Old Republic crumbles against the First Order.
    https://youtu.be/Sc7EWWUOO8w
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I might use Talzian leader for extra plague
    One other suggestion, maybe a Darth N lead with a super fast Assassin. That's what I use.
    Post edited by Ryanwhales on
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Leftfield suggestion:

Sun fac + B2 dispell buffs...

... But when they haven't done so, spy's special will do incredible damage.

Throw in Ventress for stuns & debuffing.

Which leaves you one spot to fill...

... Which means, and this is inescapable, there's a seperatist and grievous rework happening imminently.
  • Alsayon
    24 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ewoks. Not joking
  • Options
    Rex lead, wampa, gk, thrawn, 5th beat it too
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Nightsisters... just click auto and win every time :)

(considering your Nightsisters are of equal stars, gear, zetas, etc... to the corresponding team)
  • Options
    Alsayon wrote: »
    Ewoks. Not joking

This. Ewoks can beat pretty much anything on offense (I haven't faced any Traya teams yet). Look at https://swgoh.gg/u/switcheroo/
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    For me, Palp, DV, DN, Soin and Thrawn can handle them. Sion keeps dispelling the buffs while palp's unique wears down that protection. Then it's clobbering time

edit- at least for me. The teams I'm fighting are completely maxed, but neither is mine
  • Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    For me, Palp, DV, DN, Soin and Thrawn can handle them. Sion keeps dispelling the buffs while palp's unique wears down that protection. Then it's clobbering time

edit- at least for me. The teams I'm fighting are completely maxed, but neither is mine

I've noticed that too. My palp team is maxed but no traya. If played right it can win. When I opened this thread, there was one bastilla team with crazy mods and maxed out and I didn't stand a chance. Still don't against them but there are other bastilla teams with not as op mods and palp does ok against them. Pretty much the same with traya teams.
  • Options
    Was something changed/bugged about Bastila lead? I could swear I looked into the description of her leader ability and the tenacity part was missing. It’s there now, but earlier today, I fought for the first time against them with Palp lead. EVERYTHING landed, except for a few Palp stuns. I was either incredibly lucky (should have played the lottery instead), or something was off.
  • Options
    Maslyna882 wrote: »
    Was something changed/bugged about Bastila lead? I could swear I looked into the description of her leader ability and the tenacity part was missing. It’s there now, but earlier today, I fought for the first time against them with Palp lead. EVERYTHING landed, except for a few Palp stuns. I was either incredibly lucky (should have played the lottery instead), or something was off.

Probably just didn't have the zeta. The zeta is req for the tenacity up. Without it, everything will land.
  • Options
    Maslyna882 wrote: »

Probably just didn't have the zeta. The zeta is req for the tenacity up. Without it, everything will land.

Lol, it’s so obvious that I feel dumb. And here Inwas happy that Palpy wrecked them.
  • Options
    Take out grand master yoda and game over!
  • Options
    I came up with this on my own. Not sure if it's the best, but it has about an 80% success rate which is enough for me. Hope it works for you:

The key to beating Bastila and her pack of Jedi is pretty simple. She was designed for 1 purpose and that is to counter, control, and contain the Sith. No matter how powerful u think Team Palpy is, trust me when I say, she will bring them to their bony knees.

She can be tamed pretty easily with JRT at the helm and BB8, R2, CLS, and Thrawn riding shotgun. As far as the X's and O's of battle are concerned, get to Master Yoda as quickly as possible. Stun, ability block, expose, any of those will do.
    Vega Skyrim
    Officer, knights who say neigh
    Ally#: 361-967-226
  • Options
    It’s an easy win with a good EP team. I run EP-l, Sion, vadar, thrawn, and DN. I have all zetas except EP unique. The trick is to use Vader’s basic to ability block yoda. It lands through foresight and is irresistible. Sion keeps the green down. Thrawn fractures whatever tank they’re running. DN then bides his time and annialates them one by one. I normally win 4/5 battles. The only time I lose is if they focus down DN. Usually end with all toons standing. Takes about 3.5-4 mins to fight.
  • DarthBigdogVWW
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Couple other comments: My team is G12 except Sion who is G11. Have decent mods, putting 94-116 speed on all of them. I’m in. Jan 2016 arena shard in the 40-50 range since I am working on Traya. If they are running double Kenobi, it’s easier due to lack of firepower. If a zeta Ezra is running I’ll put vadar in him to keep him from spamming special. Hoda makes it easier because he can be ignored and there are only 4 toons to kill. I normally leave bastilla/Hoda for last.
  • Options
    Couple other comments: My team is G12 except Sion who is G11. Have decent mods, putting 94-116 speed on all of them. I’m in. Jan 2016 arena shard in the 40-50 range since I am working on Traya. If they are running double Kenobi, it’s easier due to lack of firepower. If a zeta Ezra is running I’ll put vadar in him to keep him from spamming special. Hoda makes it easier because he can be ignored and there are only 4 toons to kill. I normally leave bastilla/Hoda for last.

I use a similar strategy since using my maxed ep team us easier than switching mods to a jtr/titans team and then switching them back again. The main difference is I try and fracture gmy rather than the tanks. With sion and nihilas both having dispels it isn't too hard to get around the tank. Works ok depending on how the other team is modded. I have +100 to +120 on most of the team. I look for the slower gmy to face and slower nilias against traya teams and can do ok against both. The teams with +120 speed or mir added are a loss but that's likely due to the mods
  • Options
    That was my motivation as well. My JTR just hit G12 and I hate moving mods and have a perfectly good EP team. I’m hoping I can buy time until I unlock Traya in 6-8 weeks.
  • Options
    That was my motivation as well. My JTR just hit G12 and I hate moving mods and have a perfectly good EP team. I’m hoping I can buy time until I unlock Traya in 6-8 weeks.
    I’ve decided to pump my empire team so far and am doing quite well with them and, as Traya is nowhere near, I’m farming nightsisters to deal with potential Bastila issues. Works like a charm so far. :)
  • Options
    Surprised nobody considered a BH squad. Embo lead, Boosk, bobba, cad bane (just wait for the inminent rework) and dengar. With bobba, you actually want every possible buff on them, that missile shot becomes a pseudo anihilite. I'm not considering Ig88 due to the extreme tenacity, but it might work if you put IPD with ig88.
  • Options
    Surprised nobody considered a BH squad. Embo lead, Boosk, bobba, cad bane (just wait for the inminent rework) and dengar. With bobba, you actually want every possible buff on them, that missile shot becomes a pseudo anihilite. I'm not considering Ig88 due to the extreme tenacity, but it might work if you put IPD with ig88.
    I really don’t want to invest money in this game. Not that amount, anyways and, if I understand correctly, attackers are the most affected due to lack of stars. I am indeed working on a scoundrel team for the credit heist, and while Boba seems amazing with the debuff, the rest aren’t all bointy hinters. Nightsisters is proven to beat Bastila on auto, so I’ll go for that.
  • Options

Not sure how well bh would counter bastilla. I haven't geared embo enough to test it. In arena I would need most of my bh g12 and I am nowhere near that. But another counter to bastilla is always a good thing. There's a lot of bastilla in my shard now. If some switched to another team to counter some of the bastilla, it would probably make my ep team hold better on defense.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It’s Embo, debuffs on primary attacks again on crit, that’s 2 debuffs in 1 turn. 50% counters for BH Bossk hunting party and plenty of bonus attacks. Especially with Greedo.