Content Update 9/12/2018 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    JerryHello wrote: »
    When does the reduced price refresh start? I think I missed it in the ingame message.

@CG_SBCrumb
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Rojas wrote: »
    When does the reduced price refresh start? I think I missed it in the ingame message.

@CG_SBCrumb

It has already started.
  • Options
    Its live for me right now, are you not seeing it still?
    fp7yi4lcunsg.jpg
  • Options
    Rojas wrote: »

@CG_SBCrumb

@Rojas It's active now. It's the cost to refresh the node that's reduced, not the energy
  • Options
    I noticed there were two fixes to Bossk in the notes. By any chance, was the interaction between Bossk's zeta leadership and non-Bounty Hunter ally debuff attempts also addressed in this update?

@CG_SBCrumb ?
  • Options
    Good update, sounds like someone heard the shouting about hard nodes only and whilst it was too late to change it they did the best they could without breaking anything by reducing refresh costs and dropping them on 2 hard nodes reducing the pain.

Appreciated, lets hope its taken forward to other character releases as well, thanks
  • Options
    Thank you for lowering the hard refresh cost. Best part of the update for me.
  • Options
    I noticed there were two fixes to Bossk in the notes. By any chance, was the interaction between Bossk's zeta leadership and non-Bounty Hunter ally debuff attempts also addressed in this update?

@CG_SBCrumb ?
    Not for this update but I'll ask the engineers if it's scheduled for an upcoming patch
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb does Jango have his signature blaster sound?
  • Options
    How about the drop in Fleet energy refresh!

Enfys: 160 energy
    Jolee: 160 energy
    Bastila: 160 energy
    Lando: 128 energy

Takes 5x refreshes in energy to do them all. That's 700 crystals
  • YanM123
    40 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I love everything in this update except the fact that both Bastilla and Jolee have been released to hard nodes AND ship hard nodes. This added to the reduced node refresh costs hints towards them being need VERY soon for a legendary or heroic event. The problem is that a node refresh does not only cost the refresh in terms of crystals, but also the energy required to farm the node 8 times.

Most end-game players only have hard node characters remaining to farm, but with all the recently added hard-node only characters, it's quickly becoming a huge crystal requirement.

I could manage farming Enfys Nest and Young Lando nodes once per day for 100 crystals, but I now have to spend 300 crystals just to farm Enfys, Lando, Jolee and Bastila once... and this will last at least for the next 6 months (AND the cost will increase exponentially when other toons get added to ship hard nodes). That's all without including the newly reduced node refresh cost... which doesn't truly cost 25 crystals... but more like 225 crystals since you need the energy to farm the node.

This also applies to hard nodes... We've had Rose Tico, Amylin Holdo, Visas Marr, Mother Talzin, Nightsister Zombie, Vandor Chewbacca, Range Trooper, Bastilla Shan, and Jolee Bindo recently added to hard node farms... AND MORE TO COME... It's impossible to farm these at a reasonable cost... I'm not a free-to-play player... so I can just imagine how you guys are feeling. Just farming these toons requires 1216 energy per day.. without buying node refreshes... That is several hundreds of crystals a day to be able to 'keep' up with the game.. Only because characters have only been released to hard nodes, cantina nodes, and guild shop recently. This is quickly becoming a burden and a massive money sink.
  • Options
    Glad to see Bastila and Jolee not being single node farms. That is a positive change.

Really disappointed to see Jango is just a marquee though. That is garbage.
  • Options
    YanM123 wrote: »
    I love everything in this update except the fact that both Bastilla and Jolee have been released to hard nodes AND ship hard nodes. This added to the reduced node refresh costs hints towards them being need VERY soon for a legendary or heroic event. The problem is that a node refresh does not only cost the refresh in terms of crystals, but also the energy required to farm the node 8 times.

Most end-game players only have hard node characters remaining to farm, but with all the recently added hard-node only characters to farm, it's quickly becoming a huge crystal requirement.

I could manage farming Enfys Nest and Young Lando nodes once per day for 100 crystals, but I now have to spend 300 crystals just to farm Enfys, Lando, Jolee and Bastila once... and this will last at least for the next 6 months (AND the cost will increase exponentially when other toons get added to ship hard nodes). That's all without including the newly reduced node refresh cost... which doesn't truly cost 25 crystals... but more like 225 crystals since you need the energy to farm the node.

This also applies to hard nodes... We've had Rose Tico, Amylin Holdo, Visas Marr, Mother Talzin, Nightsister Zombie, Vandor Chewbacca, Range Trooper, Bastilla Shan, and Jolee Bindo recently added to hard node farms... AND MORE TO COME... It's impossible to farm these at a reasonable cost... I'm not a free-to-play player... so I can just imagine how you guys are feeling. Just farming these toons requires 1216 energy per day.. without buying node refreshes... That is several hundreds of crystals a day to be able to 'keep' up with the game.. Only because characters have only been released to hard nodes, cantina nodes, and guild shop recently. This is quickly becoming a burden and a massive money sink.
    @CG_SBCrumb read this please. Perhaps you can take the idea of reducing refresh time for ship energy as well as the cost from 100 to 50? Please.
  • Options
    Well the Jango event is the 20th looks like no RJT this month...kind of disappointing. Getting use to disappointment in this game. *cough* STR *cough*
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    SirOberon wrote: »
    Glad to see Bastila and Jolee not being single node farms. That is a positive change.

they are still single node farms

The fleet nodes are just an illusion because you can’t reasonably farm those nodes like a hard node

• Options
    Common guys, farming isn't supposed to be easy. It's supposed to take time. Might as well ask for the shards to just be placed in your inbox. It's going to take time, and that's the whole point.
  • Options
    In P4 of the sith raid, for Bossk's payout, did it always target the unhitable Treya as the "weakest opponent" once the side minions have gone down, or is this something new with the update?

When the side toons are there, it has you target them, but once you take them out there's no way to achieve Bossk's payout because to do so, you'll have to hit Treya.
  • Options
    Common guys, farming isn't supposed to be easy. It's supposed to take time. Might as well ask for the shards to just be placed in your inbox. It's going to take time, and that's the whole point.

Farming isn't supposed to be easy.. but it should be reasonable... Hard node farms are currently taking 6 months to farm... which is fine as long as we can farm multiple characters at the same time. But they keep on releasing more characters to hard nodes without giving us a chance to catch up, making it completely unreasonable to farm in a timely manner. And this is coming from a 'dolphin' player... not a 'free-to-play' player...
  • Options
    Any chance you could make fleet energy recharge just a smidge quicker?
  • Options

Farming isn't supposed to be easy.. but it should be reasonable... Hard node farms are currently taking 6 months to farm... which is fine as long as we can farm multiple characters at the same time. But they keep on releasing more characters to hard nodes without giving us a chance to catch up, making it completely unreasonable to farm in a timely manner. And this is coming from a 'dolphin' player... not a 'free-to-play' player...

Okay fine, then it takes a while and you have to do one at a time. You'll get them.
  • Options

Okay fine, then it takes a while and you have to do one at a time. You'll get them.

I agree... but if they keep releasing them at this rate, we will never end up getting them because there will always be 'new' characters to prioritize over the ones you can't catch up on. As a dolphin, I can farm 5-6 hard node characters at a time in a reasonable manner... releasing more than 5-6 characters to hard-node only locations in less than 6 months overwhelms me as a 'dolphin' making me unable to keep up. Free-to-play players have a significantly lower limit.

And we're already at 9+ hard-node exclusive characters in the last 6 months alone. There are more to come at this rate.
  • Options
    The lower level hard node farms and multiple locations are much appreciated. Thank you.
  • Options

I agree... but if they keep releasing them at this rate, we will never end up getting them because there will always be 'new' characters to prioritize over the ones you can't catch up on. As a dolphin, I can farm 5-6 hard node characters at a time in a reasonable manner... releasing more than 5-6 characters to hard-node only locations in less than 6 months overwhelms me as a 'dolphin' making me unable to keep up. Free-to-play players have a significantly lower limit.

And we're already at 9+ hard-node exclusive characters in the last 6 months alone. There are more to come at this rate.

Do you actually need them all?
  • Options

Do you actually need them all?

From what I've seen in the last 2.5 years, all characters are eventually worked out to have a purpose. If you don't jump on the opportunity to farm them right away, you run a high chance on missing out on a future event.. wether it's in a few weeks or in a year.
  • Options
    I'm a F2P(used to buy some crystals every so often, but I stopped recently, just not enough money atm), and I don't mind the various toons going to hard nodes, or the amount of time it will take to farm them. Do I wish they added new toons to various shops? Of course, who wouldn't? But it's not that awful, imo.

Two reasons:

1) I don't need them all, right this instant. I tend to focus on gearing up a few toons, and then farming several others. Right now, I'm farming Scion(light), Gar Saxon(cantina, though I might switch this), and Holdo(dark, cuz of her gear drops). I'm in no hurry.

2) I save up crystals(I only do 1 energy re-fresh a day, usually), and buy the guaranteed shard pack whenever I can. I've had pretty solid luck, and with the light/dark split, it should be a bit easier to get specific shards I'm after. Ie, if I want BH shards, I buy the dark side pack, and don't need to worry about Jedi or Rebels.

This is such a great, positive update, and yet people still complain.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    SirOberon wrote: »

they are still single node farms

The fleet nodes are just an illusion because you can’t reasonably farm those nodes like a hard node

Two nodes each with their own energy. That is a good improvement over characters who are only in one light/dark side hard node.
  • Options
    Is anyone else only having Cad Bane's Ship event showing and not seeing the Jango Fett event?
    xt3wbcz6oqmv.png
  • Options
    Is anyone else only having Cad Bane's Ship event showing and not seeing the Jango Fett event?
    xt3wbcz6oqmv.png

It's starting the 20th probably won't show up till next week.