Content Update 9/12/2018 [Mega]

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5021 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb
    152 POSTSSWGOH DEV TEAM › EA COMMUNITY MANAGER September 12, 2018 4:14PM edited September 12
    Hi Holotable Heroes!
    Here is all the new content you’ll find after today’s update, 9/12/18.
    NEW CHARACTERS
    Master assassin, father of Boba Fett, and one of the galaxy’s best Bounty Hunters, Jango Fett has joined the Holotables!

Jango Fett is not Boba's father. Boba is an unaccelerated clone of Jango.

That is all.

Depends on your definition of a father. For example:
    1) Shared genes? Check
    2) Provides and cares for the child? Check
    3) Shares experiences and tries to ensure the child's happiness? Check (Wee Boba had a great time trying to blow up Obi-wan in Slave 1 together)

Edit, had to replace letters with numbers. I miss the days when everything wasn't automatically replaced with an emoji.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb
    152 POSTSSWGOH DEV TEAM › EA COMMUNITY MANAGER September 12, 2018 4:14PM edited September 12
    Hi Holotable Heroes!
    Here is all the new content you’ll find after today’s update, 9/12/18.
    NEW CHARACTERS
    Master assassin, father of Boba Fett, and one of the galaxy’s best Bounty Hunters, Jango Fett has joined the Holotables!

Jango Fett is not Boba's father. Boba is an unaccelerated clone of Jango.

That is all.

Jango was still the one who raised him, so far as we know.
  • Options
    Regarding the small fix for Sabine, the description of armor shred is no longer shown in the ability box in game. What exactly Does this mean? Is it still different for raid bosses?
    I'm just confused by this, as it doesn't seem like anything was changed, and the effect seems the same in raids so far.
    9wgtos5997gt.png
  • NoviceTrainerMS
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    1) Shared genes? Check
    3) Shares experiences and tries to ensure the child's happiness? Check (Wee Boba had a great time trying to blow up Obi-wan in Slave 1 together)

Exact gene copy. My son shares some of my genes, but not all of my genes. Boba is a clone, not a child of Jango.
  • Options
    1) Shared genes? Check

Exact gene copy. My son shares some of my genes, but not all of my genes. Boba is a clone, not a child of Jango.

Are adopted parents not parents?
  • Options
    So I can see why they bundled Bane and his ship together, but it would’ve been nice if they were separate for those of us that already have Bane.
  • Options
    So I can see why they bundled Bane and his ship together, but it would’ve been nice if they were separate for those of us that already have Bane.

Had the same conversation surrounding Sith Fighter, and their bundling it with Sith Assassin. Money talks - if enough people refuse to buy the pack, then they might break them apart, allowing people to buy the ones they want.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

Would you call your clone your son?
  • Options

If I parented him, yes. There are specific functions and relationship schemas that go with a parent or guardian, so it isn’t unreasonable for Jango to consider Boba his son.
  • Options
    Another ship bundle I won't be buying...

The really annoying part is that I was planning on buying the ship pack if it was just the ship.
  • Options
    Aethrwolf wrote: »
    Another ship bundle I won't be buying...

The really annoying part is that I was planning on buying the ship pack if it was just the ship.

I'm sure they have all sorts of statistics on that. The number of players who statistically would buy ships, and then they can see how many of those players already have a 7* Cad, and then if the number of actual purchases among that population is lower than expected, that will provide their feedback.
  • Options
    What happen to double drops on this TB we that system is broke all 50 of my guild did special mission and we got 392 not 400 also should be 800 since you said the rewards are doubled
  • Options
    Jeric wrote: »

If I parented him, yes. There are specific functions and relationship schemas that go with a parent or guardian, so it isn’t unreasonable for Jango to consider Boba his son.

Also, didn’t Boba call Jango ‘dad’ at some point? Like ‘get him, dad!’ ... or something?
  • lavendargooms13
    36 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yeah, why isnt normal Lando also a smuggler?
    Post edited by lavendargooms13 on
  • Options
    Overall good update, except for the combo ship/pilot pack. I pretty much always buy these initial packs, except I skipped the previous combo, since I had the pilot already. I have Cad at 7 stars and I can't really justify paying $30 just for the ship. There is too little extra in this pack to justify the price if you have the pilot already maxed.

I wish CG would stop doing that.
  • Options
    I am unable to get the 25 crystal energy refresh. I uninstalled the game just to see Bastila in the find function but still having issues with the crystal refresh. Anyone else?
  • Options
    I am unable to get the 25 crystal energy refresh. I uninstalled the game just to see Bastila in the find function but still having issues with the crystal refresh. Anyone else?

The refresh is for more hard node attempts, not energy.
  • Options

By definition, a son is the offspring of a male. Boba was a clone, not offspring. So he couldn't be Jango's son.
  • Options

By definition, a son is the offspring of a male. Boba was a clone, not offspring. So he couldn't be Jango's son.

While I know we’re getting spectacularly off-topic here, isn’t the definition of offspring more like ‘the product of something’? Even your definiton seems to exclude the idea that a son is a specifically sexually produced being comprised of the genetic material of a male and a female of the species.
    2. If we go on the idea that CG defines characters by how they define themselves, and Boba calls Jango ‘dad’ and Jango is referred to as Boba’s father, then can we cut sb_crumb some slack in this one very specific case?
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb are Contraband Cargo and Smuggler's Run going to be on a schedule similar to the Credit and Droid Heist events or will these events be more rare?
  • Options

I have an adopted child.. so... you saying I'm not a parent?
    Genetic material means nothing, biological parents can be complete trash. The fact that they share genes doesn't matter at all, it's the fact that he chose to actually BE a parent to Boba that matters.

So, can get back on track now? Specifically the change to armor shred mentioned in the update notes... What was that about? lol
  • Options
    I didn’t notice the hard nor refresh reduction for Vandor Chewie. I’ve tried deleting and re-downloading the app to no avail. Is this a glitch or is the update upcoming?qcm13yefcxi7.png
  • Options
    @aura that's an energy refresh you have screenshotted. Energy refreshes aren't discounted.

The reduced cost is for refreshing NODES. In the background of that pic you have one more attempt at Vandor Chewie's node (out of 8). Once you have used that attempt you can purchase another 8 attempts for 25 crystals (usually 50).
  • Options
    Thx for the response
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb -- since you guys changed the omega on Sabine's darksaber strike, removing most of the benefits (cooldown reduction, increased armor shred percentage), making those part of the base ability, and left it as solely a damage boost, will you undo the omega and refund the mats to those who had omega'd it? I'm certain I'm not the only person who omega'd the ability solely for the other benefits and NOT for a damage boost.
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    pd3lwwsu6648.jpg
    Not the greatest Zeta in the world, but i reported this bug less about 3 months ago. They fixed it pretty quickly, which is cool.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb -- since you guys changed the omega on Sabine's darksaber strike, removing most of the benefits (cooldown reduction, increased armor shred percentage), making those part of the base ability, and left it as solely a damage boost, will you undo the omega and refund the mats to those who had omega'd it? I'm certain I'm not the only person who omega'd the ability solely for the other benefits and NOT for a damage boost.

It’s just omegas, theyre not that hard to get. They basically made her ability even better. I understand that most would consider this a waste of omegas, but it doesn’t really make sense to refund
  • Options
    Why no fix yet for sabine?
  • Options
    dabro118 wrote: »
    Why no fix yet for sabine?

They're probably trying to decide what else they're going to break when they release the Sabine fix