BH Bonus Drops Start Time

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kleever wrote: »
    Not only is the lack if response frustrating, but threads about this keep disappearing from the forums so apparently someone is watching

i haven't seen any threads disappear. There are two that are talking about this issue that I know of and they are still here.

There were 3 others. I had replied to one of them and its gone now.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1649502#Comment_1649502

not gone just merged. we have a bunch of posts on the same topic. we have flagged them but its early on Dev time and we are all waiting for a response.

@Kleever
  • Options
    This seems more like a bug than miscommunication. Regardless, they will likely either extend the event, or else reimburse us. Lets give them a chance to respond before we lose our minds... This entire event was put out to make us happier. I doubt they will stab us in the back.

Say what you will about the history, but I do genuinely think CG is trying to make things right. Benefit of the doubt, and all that.

Of course if they DON'T make it right... well, torches, and all that.

Agreed, seems like a bug to me. My guilds discord is reporting most have it active, but me and a few others don't have it at all.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb
    SWGOH Dev Team › EA Community Manager
    September 20, 2018 2:02PM
    For a limited time, every Light Side and Dark Side Hard Node may also award bonus shards for Bounty Hunters. Below are the locations and corresponding Bounty Hunters:

Stage 1 - Boba Fett
    Stage 2 - Cad Bane
    Stage 3 - IG‌-88
    Stage 4 - Greedo
    Stage 5 - Zam Wesell
    Stage 6 - Dengar
    Stage 7 - Bossk
    Stage 8 - Embo
    Stage 9 - Aurra Sing

Starting Friday 9/21 and runs through 9/24

This is why we are confused..

Yep.... that quote right there is what is causing the confusion. Along with the in game message stating they were "active". Hopefully they see their error and extend the event by one day.
  • Options
    All I know is CG must be an amazing place to work. You get to mess up every single release and keep your job. If I messed up as much as they do I would have been fired from my job ages ago. I don’t mean that comment sarcastically either. I mean it quite literally.
  • Options
    exsul wrote: »
    3 days ago we all received ingame message that event will start 22th, looks like everyone deleted it and forgot.

Cg forum post clearly says friday the 21st as the start date. And in game message today saying its now live reinforces that.

I know but forum is forum and ingame messages is ingame messages and 90% of players don't know about forum and what is happening here. Also in todays message i dont see any concrette word that it's going LIVE right now it's just "For a limited time".
  • Razakiel
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    still not up for me either... now past 11 am local, 8 am guild leader and CG time... good thing I got the message in game that the event was active 5 hours ago... :/
  • Options
    Okay CG, the devs have had their coffee and it's time for someone to make an apology and compensate the community.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    yfnhrderktch.png

Posting here because the other thread got locked. Notice the yellow glow and small event icon to the right. That's when bonus drops are active.

ev094wuulbbn.jpg

Notice the the Start date on the official Developer Announcement and the ingame mail that they sent everyone on this date. That's when it was supposed to start.

Stop posting your excuses for them..no one cares and not everyone, especially newer players are aware of the glowing nodes. It's either a bug, failure in communication or someone posted the wrong date on their end. Which is 100% on them.
  • Options
    JerryHello wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    yfnhrderktch.png

Posting here because the other thread got locked. Notice the yellow glow and small event icon to the right. That's when bonus drops are active.

ev094wuulbbn.jpg

Notice the the Start date on the official Developer Announcement and the ingame mail that they sent everyone on this date. That's when it was supposed to start.

Stop posting your excuses for them..no one cares and not everyone, especially newer players are aware of the glowing nodes. It's either a bug, failure in communication or someone posted the wrong date on their end. Which is 100% on them.

Dont worry, the end date will remain the same as annoumced
  • Blindfate
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    The official post on the game updates forums says it starts 9/22
  • Options
    Are we going to see any kind of compensation for being misled on the start time of the event? I burned several hundred crystals on refreshes.
  • Options
    Blindfate wrote: »
    The official post on the game updates forums says it starts 9/22

Funny because im seeing endless posts and screen shots that say the 21st, including a game changer video. Tell me what the date is in this screen shot.
  • Options
    They have put a post up saying that it was a miscommunication and that they start on 22nd. Yesterday they told us they start on the 21st. They had plenty of time to correct that post yesterday if it was wrong plus they pushed a message this morning saying they had started. It's a clear mess up by CG
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    arbster wrote: »
    Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of response from @CG_SBCrumb on this, as there's significant lack of clarity within the community, and lots of conflicting information coming from CG. We're asking for a simple clarification of the start time, not for the time to change or anything else. The longer it's left, however, the more people will become frustrated and the bigger the "own goal" will be scored from what was initially a positive gesture. Please just intervene now!

Keep in mind that it is 6:43 am his time..... Let the man have his coffee and drive to work.... Then you can crucify him..... Lol

My coffee almost got sprayed everywhere 😂
  • Options
    Garmaddon wrote: »
    They have put a post up saying that it was a miscommunication and that they start on 22nd. Yesterday they told us they start on the 21st. They had plenty of time to correct that post yesterday if it was wrong plus they pushed a message this morning saying they had started. It's a clear mess up by CG

Why do their miscommunications have to cost their custimers money. I bought crystals and spent on refreshes. Now i sit with an abundance of energy missing out on my regerative energy
  • GambrinusKluk
    222 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    CG screwed up on this big time and they aren't taking responsibility for the screw up. So you're out of luck if you used crystals to buy refreshes thinking you'd get the BH shards like CG promised.

Edited to remove swearing shorthand. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
  • Options
    Hey everyone,
    I wanted to hop on and say there was a miscommunication/mistake on our side about when the Bounty Hunter drops were going to go live. Bounty Hunter Bonus Drops are intended to go live from 9/22 through 9/26 at midnight Player Local Time, meaning that for those of you in other timezones you may already see it. We normally put messaging out the day before these sort of drops, but looking at the message we did send out, we clearly didn't do a great job at setting the right timing expectations. We're all still getting in to the office, so there will be some follow up messaging shortly if there are any other inconsistencies.
    I'm going to be working with team to make sure we have clearer/more precise messaging about these sorts of events in the future. Sorry this one caused such a head ache.

from CG tophat. You can check his post here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182655/bounty-hunter-bonus-drop-messaging-confusion#latest
  • Options
    They wrote 21/9 and instead it is 22/9! (See Dev post)
    No comment 😂😂😂
  • Options
    Dump 500 crystals into everyone's account for their blatant goof up and all will be well in the galaxy.
  • Options
    I understand it’s a mistake but the mistake was making the announcement so close with no way of correcting any potential mistakes beforehand. This is of course done in an attempt to produce more panic farming but even a week would be enough notice to not give people time to stockpile enough to make a huge difference and more than enough time to spot and correct any potential mistakes.
  • Options
    “Miscommunication”? You’re kidding, @CG_SBCrumb. Your post said 9/21, the in game message said 9/21, and you “miscommunicated”? What a crock.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    These things generally occur at midnight for each player's local time.

From what I've seen, most things start at 'midnight' pacific time. Which is midnight for CG headquarters in California. Credit Heists usually start 2-3 hours after that.

it's now 1023 PST & still nothing?
  • Options
    Would have been nice to know this before spending crystals for refreshes in vain attempts to get bonus shards. Should do a make good of 1 of the weekend days being a double drop of the bonus BH shards.
  • Options
    So read the new post about BH Bonus Drops, posted in Devon section.

This is suppose to happen 22nd Sept at 0000 player local time to 28 Sept 0000 player local time.

Awesome job CG for not just getting the dates wrong but failing to communicate the time also. it seems as time goes on you just don't learn & fail to put effective procedures in place that your staff can follow.
  • Options
    Bah I spent 100 crystals. C’mon CG
  • Options
    “Miscommunication”? You’re kidding, @CG_SBCrumb. Your post said 9/21, the in game message said 9/21, and you “miscommunicated”? What a crock.

Isn't that the definition of a miscommunication? They were supposed to say 9/22, they accidentally sent out 9/21.
  • Options
    incompetent is coming to mind. if had done something like this I would be getting a bollocking from my boss & possibly being told I am on a warning as this is not the first time this has happened.

It's clear players spend crystal before 0000 local time & expect the bonus event to occur just after to then to be able to spend more crystals afterwards, normally after guild reset, to get the maximum advantage.

@CG_SBCrumb
  • JamhaHebir
    20 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

Isn't that the definition of a miscommunication? They were supposed to say 9/22, they accidentally sent out 9/21.

Actually no it isn’t. It is a mistake. Looked up the definition before hand to make sure. Failure to communicate adequately. Now to me that means saying the event will start on 9/21 but failing to say the exact time (if there is one). Now there could have been a miscommunication on thier side saying they would post the patch/update/client change or whatever on 9/21 and SBCrumb thought that meant they were starting the drops on 9/21. That would explain it some.
  • Options
    JamhaHebir wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »

Actually no it isn’t. It is a mistake. Looked up the definition before hand to make sure. Failure to communicate adequately. Now to me that means saying the event will start on 9/21 but failing to say the exact time (if there is one)

ur definition is correct, but your application of the facts to that definition is wrong. they did fail to adequately communicate the date with no time as it is suppose to start on 22 Sept at 0000 player local time.