Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

  • AimHere94
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    as this event is extremely difficult & a lot of ppl have only succeed using any1 of the newer Bounty Hunters, i wanted to share my experience to show ppl, that it can be done without pay2win characters.

    You will still need a lot of gear investment and a lot of retry (which also counts for any other team composition used).

    Team:

    Leader
    Boba Fett. As you can see by the screenshot below i have a maxed out boba fett. I've invested in him a long time ago & he is really important for the Team. His Leader gives a boost in crit chance & crib dmg. BH also gain speed based on debuffs applied, and whats really important is, that they get a HUGE health boost depending on the overall potency on the team. There's also the TM gain component every time a TD explodes.
    I've modded boba fett for speed, and he's really the only one i put arena mods on (but the best spd set I've got).

    Number 2
    Dengar. I've raised his gear to g11 in the past week after the announcement of it being "a very hard event". He's crucial for the team for various reasons:
    1. If he goes stealth, R2's smokescreen becomes useless, since dengar denies stealth to any other unit expect himself.
    2. He can place thermal detonators on the enemy, which is crucial for a win. He has also a chance to call an BH ally to assist when attacking a debuffed enemy.
    I've modded dengar for full potency (3 sets of potency mods & potency primary on cross). I tried to include speed secondary, but speed was really only average on him.
    You can also see I've put a zeta on him, which i am not really sure how crucial this was. i smelled the potential to win, so i felt that could seal the deal. did really only need 3-4 more attempts after zetaing dengar.

    Number 3
    Zam Wessel. Also geared to g11 in the past week. she can throw TDs on the enemy and pop them with her basic to inflict HUGE dmg (in theory, if she survives).
    Also modded for potency only, to increase overall health on my BHs.

    Number 4
    Cad Bane. Risen to g11 since he's easy to gear. He can stun & put an additional debuff on enemys, which can help boba executing some1. Other than that he's only there .... to be there.
    Modded for full potency.

    Number 5
    Greedo. He was only g9, since i thought I'd be better of with g11 ig-88. after several tries i had to rotate greedo in, since i had the feeling a g9 greedo has more survivabillity as an g11 ig-88. He also can place TDs on enemys. Modded for potency to increase survivability on all BHs.

    Strategy
    How your run goes is heavy RNG dependend. You have to survive the 1st attack wave with all 5 BHs. Han & chewy will always get the 1st turns. the reason i had boba fett SO fast (300+) was to sneak in before lando & leia to use an AOE AB to prevent them to use their Aoes. during this 1st attack wave you want to make sure, that you are not losing any member of your team. they can be pretty beaten up (and will be), but try to to have all 5 going after the enemys turn. You also want to go dengar into stealth mode to make R2's smokescreen useless.
    After that i tried to focus down on land & finish him off with execute to get boba back to full pro & bounty hunters resolve. by that time greedo & zam are usually dead, but were crucial to wear down lands protection.
    My 2nd target was chewie. you can stun him with dengar. don't use cad banes special on buffed enemy, since it'll dispell buffs. (you want buffs for boba). I have 4 TDs on chewie which killed him after the went off. After that I've been dengar & boba vs r2, han & leia.
    My next target was leia since i needed to restore bounty hunters resolve on boba. Dengar was stealth all the time. once chewie is dead, the whole thing becomes a lot easier.
    After killing leia, i went for han, fulfilled the contract & killed r2 last.

    frqk3hy9aty8.png

    Hope that helps the ones of you who have geared BHs, but are still struggling. You can do it! : )
  • Definitely give JTR all of her zetas. And yes, Thrawn works well with her - being able to debuff and take one character out of the fight for a couple turns is always a good thing.
  • From what I gather it's bordering on harder than the Thrawn Mythic Tier, which enrages long term players already.

    And speaking of long term players needing difficulty, they basically had a raid with the most OP character/trio crafted specifically for them, yet then the next legendary is also designed almost purely for them too? That's what I take issue with.
  • I won't get Chewbacca this time, because I prioritized getting other stuff done to help my guild. It's not the end of the world. It's not clear right now what the "must have" aspect of this character is...JTR was more a priority for me to get at this time....just waiting now for it to come around again.

    Sometimes whales getting things I don't. I've no interest in shelling out 1000s of dollars for a game, but glad they do.

    Some are getting through it, so it's not impossible
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    From what I gather it's bordering on harder than the Thrawn Mythic Tier, which enrages long term players already.

    And speaking of long term players needing difficulty, they basically had a raid with the most OP character/trio crafted specifically for them, yet then the next legendary is also designed almost purely for them too? That's what I take issue with.

    It’s because CG is only thinking short term. Whoever their Chief Strategist is needs to go back to school or be canned. The STR wasn’t good for the longevity of this game and neither is this type of legendary event.
  • I won't get Chewbacca this time, because I prioritized getting other stuff done to help my guild. It's not the end of the world. It's not clear right now what the "must have" aspect of this character is...JTR was more a priority for me to get at this time....just waiting now for it to come around again.

    Sometimes whales getting things I don't. I've no interest in shelling out 1000s of dollars for a game, but glad they do.

    Some are getting through it, so it's not impossible

    Have you seen the requirements for getting through tier 7? It’s insanity
  • You know, i love the use of BHs for real. But in all honesty T5 is even a pain and thats at gs 12 bossk lead. I know people are getting through it but am i the only one that thinks Jango is a must as well at the very least 5 stars? Just think its a bit overtuned in all seriousness.
  • Mass Resolve would, in theory, make it a cakewalk. But getting the contract paid out before death would be the hard part.
  • Currently have 7-Star bounty hunters with Gear 9 and can’t get Chewbacca because they decided you need Gear 11...

    At 5-Star....

    Anyone else see what’s wrong with this picture?

    Big walking carpet of a letdown.

    And my name’s Silverback.

    And there are Wookiee Silverbacks.

    It’s just sad.

    Here’s what would’ve worked better.

    Tier IV - 5-Star - Gear 9
    Tier V - 6-Star - Gear 10
    Tier VI - 7-Star - Gear 11

    You’re welcome.

    They did say it would be extremely difficult
  • For the first, and now most certainly the only time, I paid money to max out my Bossk in hopes of getting Chewie. Lol. I’ll never do that again in anticipation of an event. Well played, CG, but fool me once...

    This is not cool or fun. I can’t even unlock him at 5*.

    You have a 7 star Bosk and couldnt unlock 5 star?
  • Bounty hunters :
    4 pilots for 4 unique ships
    2 tb missions
    Tw defense
    An assault battle
    Heists
    2 special bounty events
    A legendary event

    They are now one of if not the most important/rewarding faction to work on.

    I started working on bossk as soon as i could since i wanted wampa shards on the bounty event (20 wampa shards = 5400 get, great value).
    Won’t get 7* chewie this time though. But the fact that a player chose to not invest in bh when they are already so useful and we’ve known for a while that they would be required for difficult events (bounty and now the legendary) is not cg’s responsability by any means.

    I’ll admit i was kinda baited by the title. It would seem incredibly disingenuous to blame the game for your own choices.
  • CG' s idea of "difficult," as usual, means "so heavily RNG dependent that it will take you 100 attempts even with g12 and well modded toons"
  • 212Attack wrote: »
    You know, i love the use of BHs for real. But in all honesty T5 is even a pain and thats at gs 12 bossk lead. I know people are getting through it but am i the only one that thinks Jango is a must as well at the very least 5 stars? Just think its a bit overtuned in all seriousness.

    I did it without Bossk or Jango I used Boba as lead and maximized my squad to his lead (I did that anyway as I use that squad for DS TB). Funny fact Boba was my first full g12 toon just because he is my favorite..
  • No_Try wrote: »

    Great info...and also tremendous job preparing...the devs left a lot of breadcrumbs that BH would be key for many months now. Those that prepared are profiting. And don't even need bossk. Great work!
  • so this is pay2play event for 7*stars chewie bosk is a must, old bh gets you only 5*

    what a pile of garbage, time for getting bosk was like 7 days with all marque chars out, so to switch on bosk still not enough time, for f2p well we will get in 1 year when they release event again

    @CG crew, next time you announce legendary event do it only 24 hours before and use mastercard slogan from one of theirs advertising campaigns
    "For everything you need, for legendary event there are always credit cards"
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Its not that hard at all

    I was able to clear the first 6 tiers with my eyes closed with ok mods without any effort

    T7 isn't that hard.

    I just don't have a 7* Bossk or else I would be able to auto it.

    I have a 7* Bossk. No way to auto this one. It's too heavily RNG dependent. I still haven't beat it, had to go to work.. But I have all week to get in my 3067 attempts for that perfect RNG...
  • Five star Public Service Announcement - As many have pointed out, control Chewy with stuns, don't worry about the contract. I moved arena mods onto Boba, Dengar and Greedo, focusing on health / Crit Chance for Greedo. IG88 is useless in this event at all gear levels, I moved tank mods to him so he maybe got one turn. G8 Cad is also pointless. Kill Chewy first, the rest fall quickly after that. Save anyone low on health for Boba to kill to refill BH resolve. Only Boba and Dengar left standing. Bossk isn't close for me, so I'm not bothering past T5, but that's good enough. I ended up getting a triple tap from Greedo on Chewy and it saved my bacon.

    mcw05bcoq1sm.png


  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Bounty hunters :
    4 pilots for 4 unique ships
    2 tb missions
    Tw defense
    An assault battle
    Heists
    2 special bounty events
    A legendary event

    They are now one of if not the most important/rewarding faction to work on.

    I started working on bossk as soon as i could since i wanted wampa shards on the bounty event (20 wampa shards = 5400 get, great value).
    Won’t get 7* chewie this time though. But the fact that a player chose to not invest in bh when they are already so useful and we’ve known for a while that they would be required for difficult events (bounty and now the legendary) is not cg’s responsability by any means.

    I’ll admit i was kinda baited by the title. It would seem incredibly disingenuous to blame the game for your own choices.

    Disingenuous how? Our “choices” are completely controlled by CG. Saying we have a “choice” on who to farm and gear up is disingenuous. You actually believe you have a “choice” on who to farm and gear? 😂. It’s the illusion of choice.
  • No_Try wrote: »

    Great info...and also tremendous job preparing...the devs left a lot of breadcrumbs that BH would be key for many months now. Those that prepared are profiting. And don't even need bossk. Great work!

    Yeah the one you posted and the one on my link uses 2 different teams too. I'll try it with yet another team. Need to gear them up until the end of the week....now that I know it's doable!

    igmxqtj960bn.png
  • Look, chewy should be extremely difficult. He will be needed for rotj Luke... The one thing this event should do is throw up red flags as to how well geared you want rolo and chs... Or perhaps raid Han... For the rotj event.
  • Grandmaster Yoda 2.0

    LOL at the difficulty. I can’t even unlock him with a strong BH team that I’ve been working on for months. At least I had a chance at 7* yoda back in the day when it was so difficult to get him...I finally got him after 500 attempts. The chewie battle is over in 2 rounds.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

    Great info...and also tremendous job preparing...the devs left a lot of breadcrumbs that BH would be key for many months now. Those that prepared are profiting. And don't even need bossk. Great work!

    Yeah the one you posted and the one on my link uses 2 different teams too. I'll try it with yet another team. Need to gear them up until the end of the week....now that I know it's doable!

    igmxqtj960bn.png

    Yeah, I think the key point is 1. boba lead can work and 2. bossk isn't required and 3. All G12 / G12+ isn't required either. The event is a steup in difficulty from other legendary events, but honestly it probably should be since we now know that it's the only legendary event that on launch could be beaten with 100% F2P OLD toons that have been around for years. Boba / Cad / Dengar / 88 / Gredo / Zam. I think that's why it's harder, technically there's ZERO panic farm on this event.
  • Tons of mega whales making posts on how amazing this event is. This is why CG continues to do what they do.
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Bounty hunters :
    4 pilots for 4 unique ships
    2 tb missions
    Tw defense
    An assault battle
    Heists
    2 special bounty events
    A legendary event

    They are now one of if not the most important/rewarding faction to work on.

    I started working on bossk as soon as i could since i wanted wampa shards on the bounty event (20 wampa shards = 5400 get, great value).
    Won’t get 7* chewie this time though. But the fact that a player chose to not invest in bh when they are already so useful and we’ve known for a while that they would be required for difficult events (bounty and now the legendary) is not cg’s responsability by any means.

    I’ll admit i was kinda baited by the title. It would seem incredibly disingenuous to blame the game for your own choices.

    Disingenuous how? Our “choices” are completely controlled by CG. Saying we have a “choice” on who to farm and gear up is disingenuous. You actually believe you have a “choice” on who to farm and gear? 😂. It’s the illusion of choice.

    Your choices are completly controled by you. Nothing and no one forced you to farm anything. You don’t even have to play the game if you don’t want to, let alone farm a character against your will.
    Sorry you have such a hard time taking responsability for your own actions.
    If you chose to invest resources into solo characters instead of bh it’s 100,00% on you. Same goes for everything else in the game. Kotor ? On you. Jtr ? On you. Str team, tb team, tw team, ships, everything is on you.

    Now you can say it’s a bad idea to make a legendary that difficult for x or y reason, with arguments. But saying cg made you farm something else thus preventing you to work on your bhs is either delusional or flat out dishonest.
    By the way i got 6* chewie with a g11, 2 g10 and 2 g9, only one zeta. Not that extreme of an investment if you wanted him.
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »
    Bounty hunters :
    4 pilots for 4 unique ships
    2 tb missions
    Tw defense
    An assault battle
    Heists
    2 special bounty events
    A legendary event

    They are now one of if not the most important/rewarding faction to work on.

    I started working on bossk as soon as i could since i wanted wampa shards on the bounty event (20 wampa shards = 5400 get, great value).
    Won’t get 7* chewie this time though. But the fact that a player chose to not invest in bh when they are already so useful and we’ve known for a while that they would be required for difficult events (bounty and now the legendary) is not cg’s responsability by any means.

    I’ll admit i was kinda baited by the title. It would seem incredibly disingenuous to blame the game for your own choices.

    Disingenuous how? Our “choices” are completely controlled by CG. Saying we have a “choice” on who to farm and gear up is disingenuous. You actually believe you have a “choice” on who to farm and gear? 😂. It’s the illusion of choice.

    Your choices are completly controled by you. Nothing and no one forced you to farm anything. You don’t even have to play the game if you don’t want to, let alone farm a character against your will.
    Sorry you have such a hard time taking responsability for your own actions.
    If you chose to invest resources into solo characters instead of bh it’s 100,00% on you. Same goes for everything else in the game. Kotor ? On you. Jtr ? On you. Str team, tb team, tw team, ships, everything is on you.

    Now you can say it’s a bad idea to make a legendary that difficult for x or y reason, with arguments. But saying cg made you farm something else thus preventing you to work on your bhs is either delusional or flat out dishonest.
    By the way i got 6* chewie with a g11, 2 g10 and 2 g9, only one zeta. Not that extreme of an investment if you wanted him.

    And what toons did you use? Wait, Bossk? 😂
  • AimHere94 wrote: »
    as this event is extremely difficult & a lot of ppl have only succeed using any1 of the newer Bounty Hunters, i wanted to share my experience to show ppl, that it can be done without pay2win characters.

    You will still need a lot of gear investment and a lot of retry (which also counts for any other team composition used).

    Team:

    Leader
    Boba Fett. As you can see by the screenshot below i have a maxed out boba fett. I've invested in him a long time ago & he is really important for the Team. His Leader gives a boost in crit chance & crib dmg. BH also gain speed based on debuffs applied, and whats really important is, that they get a HUGE health boost depending on the overall potency on the team. There's also the TM gain component every time a TD explodes.
    I've modded boba fett for speed, and he's really the only one i put arena mods on (but the best spd set I've got).

    Number 2
    Dengar. I've raised his gear to g11 in the past week after the announcement of it being "a very hard event". He's crucial for the team for various reasons:
    1. If he goes stealth, R2's smokescreen becomes useless, since dengar denies stealth to any other unit expect himself.
    2. He can place thermal detonators on the enemy, which is crucial for a win. He has also a chance to call an BH ally to assist when attacking a debuffed enemy.
    I've modded dengar for full potency (3 sets of potency mods & potency primary on cross). I tried to include speed secondary, but speed was really only average on him.
    You can also see I've put a zeta on him, which i am not really sure how crucial this was. i smelled the potential to win, so i felt that could seal the deal. did really only need 3-4 more attempts after zetaing dengar.

    Number 3
    Zam Wessel. Also geared to g11 in the past week. she can throw TDs on the enemy and pop them with her basic to inflict HUGE dmg (in theory, if she survives).
    Also modded for potency only, to increase overall health on my BHs.

    Number 4
    Cad Bane. Risen to g11 since he's easy to gear. He can stun & put an additional debuff on enemys, which can help boba executing some1. Other than that he's only there .... to be there.
    Modded for full potency.

    Number 5
    Greedo. He was only g9, since i thought I'd be better of with g11 ig-88. after several tries i had to rotate greedo in, since i had the feeling a g9 greedo has more survivabillity as an g11 ig-88. He also can place TDs on enemys. Modded for potency to increase survivability on all BHs.

    Strategy
    How your run goes is heavy RNG dependend. You have to survive the 1st attack wave with all 5 BHs. Han & chewy will always get the 1st turns. the reason i had boba fett SO fast (300+) was to sneak in before lando & leia to use an AOE AB to prevent them to use their Aoes. during this 1st attack wave you want to make sure, that you are not losing any member of your team. they can be pretty beaten up (and will be), but try to to have all 5 going after the enemys turn. You also want to go dengar into stealth mode to make R2's smokescreen useless.
    After that i tried to focus down on land & finish him off with execute to get boba back to full pro & bounty hunters resolve. by that time greedo & zam are usually dead, but were crucial to wear down lands protection.
    My 2nd target was chewie. you can stun him with dengar. don't use cad banes special on buffed enemy, since it'll dispell buffs. (you want buffs for boba). I have 4 TDs on chewie which killed him after the went off. After that I've been dengar & boba vs r2, han & leia.
    My next target was leia since i needed to restore bounty hunters resolve on boba. Dengar was stealth all the time. once chewie is dead, the whole thing becomes a lot easier.
    After killing leia, i went for han, fulfilled the contract & killed r2 last.

    frqk3hy9aty8.png

    Hope that helps the ones of you who have geared BHs, but are still struggling. You can do it! : )
    Quoted for visability
    You the man! Thanks for the info!
  • Hope this helps...
    Successful TVII run:
    Bossk (Z) lead, G12+
    Jango (unique Z), G12+
    Boba, G12
    Cad, G11
    Dengar, G10

    If Bossk gets stunned, reset
    Bossk taunt
    Use any special to get Frenzy TM back to Bossk
    Bossk Hunting Party to take down Han

    I targeted Han first because his crits are insane and he assists Chewie
    Then Leia, then went with the flow

    good luck all
  • Gannon
    1495 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I finally beat it. Took a ton of attempts tho to get the perfect setup.. If dengar doesn't stealth at the start, retry. If bossk gets stunned, retry. If anyone except cad dies in round one, restart. Lol but it can be done at least
    bossk lead, Boba, cad, dengar, embo. All g11 except Boba at g12.
    I went after chewy first, did mass assist first with bossk.
Sign In or Register to comment.