Revan Confirmed! BUT how long before he arrives?!

Replies

• Options
    Serious question....should I stop farming Vets (5* on them) and go all in on Old Republic? I’m running Jedi in Arena - so have got a 7* Bastila but the others are all 3*.....

You should continue to farm Vets if you want JTR at some point
  • Options
    Obviously it's going to be a hero's journey where we fight alongside Revan with our characters unlocked and we have to go through all the main fights that Revan wen through during his journey.
  • SCOED
    51 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think the shape of the puzzle was a coincidence. It looks like a Christmas tree. Also in the puzzle link BEFORE converting the "i" to "j" we have iedirevan. backwards. ied In Early December. Please also note the game tends to do big things in December, like JTR hero's journey. December fits historically. It fits with the puzzle if any clues can be gleaned about the date from it. And it gives them time to sneak in a legendary toon to be required for it. lets say in a few weeks.

Just guessing.
  • Options
    R0LAND wrote: »
    I would be surprised if it was a legendary... need the opposite faction normally . My pick is a new TB map and a separatist rework at the same time with Revan as the character you earn like wampa or hoda

Why would it not be a legendary? We have five figures of the associated faction.
    It makes ZERO sense for him to be the reward of separatist TB. ROLO and probe Droid are very much associated with the faction of the TB. What does Revan have to do with Separatists?

I AM the High Ground
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I agree Revan is set up for Christmas time. ..that would give us plenty of time to farm the OR characters. But since there's usually a legendary character required it would be the sith to unlock (nihilis, sion, assassin, trooper, marauder...and somehow hk) I thought they said we ended the marquee phase of the first half of the year and the second half is mostly legendary

If it's sith req for a legendary, it'll be any 5 so any of those but hk but also vader, ep, maul, dooku, sideous would be options as well. Not a hard farm for me since I have 4 g12 sith in my arena team and a few others at 7 star at g10 or g11.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I agree Revan is set up for Christmas time. ..that would give us plenty of time to farm the OR characters. But since there's usually a legendary character required it would be the sith to unlock (nihilis, sion, assassin, trooper, marauder...and somehow hk) I thought they said we ended the marquee phase of the first half of the year and the second half is mostly legendary

If it's sith req for a legendary, it'll be any 5 so any of those but hk but also vader, ep, maul, dooku, sideous would be options as well. Not a hard farm for me since I have 4 g12 sith in my arena team and a few otgers at 7 star at g10 or g11.

Well, the faction most fitting for Jedi Revan lore-wise would be Mandalorians, but we don't have them yet...
    Sith requirement would be a true christmas gift for me, I have them ready. Well, unless Traya is required.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    What if Revan drops as a Halloween event and requires Nightsisters to unlock as a random fun event?
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    We need the Double Drop event pronto.

Of course! That will get all our toons to 7* really quick! :neutral:

• rdufield
    115 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Why would you guys say at least we had time to farm characters before legendary we're released then you do the total opposite instead of releasing a character for the solo toons which we've had time to farm. NO LETS MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE IN MAKE EVERYONE PANIC FARM THE OLD REPUBLIC CHARACTERS.

Post edited by Kyno on
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    rdufield wrote: »
    Why would you guys say at least we had time to farm characters before legendary we're released then you do the total opposite instead of releasing a character for the solo toons which we've had time to farm. NO LETS MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE IN MAKE EVERYONE PANIC FARM THE OLD REPUBLIC CHARACTERS.

Calm down. It's a road ahead teaser. Road ahead means in the next quarter, not next week. Also, Revan coming does not mean he's the only thing coming.

If kotor characters are req, the event likely won't be until December. If you have been farming them already, you should still have time.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Relax, we know nothing about the requirements just yet. And if the terentatek is any indication, it certainly doesn't look like a usual legendary.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Leg Chewie should have been released at Christmas for Wookie Life day.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Doesn't matter to me, not going to get him this time.
    Spent all resources on BH and Solo scoundrels.

Same. Plus if they do an event like chewie it wouldn't matter, I couldn't panic gear them all to g11 in that time frame too.

I have strong suspicion that the kotor faction is a red herring right now. There is no leadership synergy with that faction and to date no event has required a faction where most members had no leadership synergy. Unless the devs totally upend that pattern I suspect any kotor themed event will need jedi or sith factions instead leaving people who panic farm old republic high and dry when the event roles around.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Doesn't matter to me, not going to get him this time.
    Spent all resources on BH and Solo scoundrels.

Same. Plus if they do an event like chewie it wouldn't matter, I couldn't panic gear them all to g11 in that time frame too.

I have strong suspicion that the kotor faction is a red herring right now. There is no leadership synergy with that faction and to date no event has required a faction where most members had no leadership synergy. Unless the devs totally upend that pattern I suspect any kotor themed event will need jedi or sith factions instead leaving people who panic farm old republic high and dry when the event roles around.

I suspect a setup for future rather than a red herring. Revan, as the legendary leader of Old Republic forces against the Mandos, will provide the leadership and we will utilize that in an event yet to come, possibly unlocking Darth Revan or Malak. Or he will turn them into a respectable team on their own, without any connected legendary. Mission and Big Z seem to be a force to be reckoned with already. Either way, I don't think the investment will be wasted.
    As for the current version's unlock, it could be anything. Terentateks were hunted by the Jedi, so there's that, and it could have a "soft" Bastila requirement.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    Don’t forget that the info was a “road ahead” post, so maybe he won’t be coming out for a while, 5DEC maybe?
  • Options
    I am predicting a new TB with the old republic characters as heroes needed for certain missions.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

What did they say they are going to do?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    I have a feeling that it will be a new TW or TB with Revan as the light side reward and Tarentatek as the dark side reward (kind of like the wampa)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I have a feeling that it will be a new TW or TB with Revan as the light side reward and Tarentatek as the dark side reward (kind of like the wampa)

I don't think Terentatek will be a playable character, its size just doesn't fit. If it indeed will be a TB, my guess would be Mandalore the Ultimate, along with Canderous released in some other way and Gar Saxon, the super commando and Sabine getting the Mando tag. After all, Revan as a Jedi fought mainly in the Mandalorian wars.
  • Options
    And a totally unrelated time period, but Favreau is making a mandalorian tv show. New faction confirmed? Hopefully we don’t have to wait that long though to fight them with him.
  • JerrickKharr87
    934 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

I agree to some degree. For awhile everyone was screaming to farm Solo toons because surely there was a legendary coming and they’d be required. Instead, CG released a mediocre event. So anyone claiming we could easily “predict” certain factions or toons would be required for any legendary this year is either a whale or a dev.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    So should I be happy that we are getting Revan, or angry that I spent time and resources uselessly farming the Solo characters based on misleading "signals"?

I quit farming solo toons a while back. Soon as Kotor toons were farmable I started on those. The Solo movie flopped and the only useful toon from that movie on this game seems to be Nest.

I’d be quite shocked if an event that required Solo toons would happen anytime soon.

The Kotor toons offers better chances to release more Kotor toons to this game.
  • Options
    We need the Double Drop event pronto.

I would rather have a 100% successful drop week :wink: -
  • Options
    If it's a legendary with kotor toons im hoping mid Nov so i have a chance to unlock but probably itll be late/mid oct.
  • Options
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    People need to calm down. Before yesterday it was “I’m going to need Ewoks omg the world is going to end!!!!!!”

Personally I think CG folks should just release information all at once instead of doing these small batch releases and teasers. It’s neither cute nor funny. I’m already trying to fit this game into my busy life with 2 kids, and I’m in no mood to guess.

Eh I’m okay with the teasers. What I’m not okay with are the whales who put frustrated players down because “the hints were there” and we had “plenty of time.” Tell that to anyone who farmed Solo toons when everyone was claiming they’d be needed for a legendary lol.
  • Goody
    30 posts Member
    Options
    People need to calm down. Before yesterday it was “I’m going to need Ewoks omg the world is going to end!!!!!!”

Personally I think CG folks should just release information all at once instead of doing these small batch releases and teasers. It’s neither cute nor funny. I’m already trying to fit this game into my busy life with 2 kids, and I’m in no mood to guess.

Eh I’m okay with the teasers. What I’m not okay with are the whales who put frustrated players down because “the hints were there” and we had “plenty of time.” Tell that to anyone who farmed Solo toons when everyone was claiming they’d be needed for a legendary lol.

The hints were there. I'm ftp and I will be ready for Revan. Just because people chose to farm solo toons doesn't mean there wasn't time. It's about setting priorities and following through. It's nobody's fault but the players that panic geared bounty hunters. They've been there for years ready to farm and gear. If you were around for the thrawn event the first time this should be no surprise. When the Old Republic toons were released it was obvious they would be needed for something sooner than later and this is it. Obviously it's speculation but I wouldn't bet against it

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Goody wrote: »

The hints were there. I'm ftp and I will be ready for Revan. Just because people chose to farm solo toons doesn't mean there wasn't time. It's about setting priorities and following through. It's nobody's fault but the players that panic geared bounty hunters. They've been there for years ready to farm and gear. If you were around for the thrawn event the first time this should be no surprise. When the Old Republic toons were released it was obvious they would be needed for something sooner than later and this is it. Obviously it's speculation but I wouldn't bet against it

It's easy to say that it was obvious in hindsight, but in reality the hints were all over the place. You were just lucky to follow the ones that seem correct at this moment, but keep in mind that we will know for sure only when Revan actually drops. It could be a new raid for all we know...
  • Goody
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Goody wrote: »

It's easy to say that it was obvious in hindsight, but in reality the hints were all over the place. You were just lucky to follow the ones that seem correct at this moment, but keep in mind that we will know for sure only when Revan actually drops. It could be a new raid for all we know...

My solo characters are done too in preparation. Neglecting old content because it's irrelevant at the time is the wrong way to go about things. Eventually everything becomes full circle and the bounty hunters are a prime example of that. I bet you it won't be long until you see Ewoks being required for something.

In my opinion, if you're behind on something don't panic farm it. Forget about it and get it the second time around. Stick to your priorities and eventually you'll catch up and be ahead of the curve or at least with it.