I don’t think the Revan event will be a Hero’s Journey. Why? (Beware slight Kotor spoilers).

Replies

• Options
    Ok so... I get that we have 5 OR toons in the game right now. But come on, think about it. What do Mission and Zaalbar add towards Revan’s Hero Journey? But more specifically - what do they add that is somehow more significant than say... Carth and Juhanni?
    The toons we have right now just don’t make sense to me at all. In the Journey, in my opinion, a must-have battle should be Revan, Jolee and Juhanni vs Bastilla. But we don’t have a base Revan, nor do we have Juhanni. This was a pretty major plot moment that should be the second to last fight before Malak.

I don’t think a new raid would make sense either since the devs are still balancing the sith raid. Plus, the difficulty spike would be absolutely insane if it were made harder than STR.

A new Legendary event might be plausible depending on the toons you need. In the case of GMY you didn’t need the opposite faction to unlock him.

In my personal opinion, I think Revan will be a game changer. A whole new type of event being created just for him (at least for right now). This, to me, makes the most sense out of all the options. Revan is a Star Wars legend and he should be treated as the god that he is. (At least until they finally add Jedi Luke and everything will go out the window).

I totally believe that this is the reveal for the base Revan for a later Hero's Journey event.
  • Options
    Im thinking its more time for a villians journey, but who is really iconic enough for that when all the major villians are in the game.

Could go like Dark Anakin or Darth Plaguis or snoke. If they ever went Darth Jar Jar that would be correcting a mistake of the prequels but many wouldn't understand that.
    Darth Anakin/Vader pre-suit is likely the one that works best for a villian journey.
    It also makes one journey for each trilogy.
    But then likely need to add marquee padme 3 months before.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    Im thinking its more time for a villians journey, but who is really iconic enough for that when all the major villians are in the game.

Could go like Dark Anakin or Darth Plaguis or snoke. If they ever went Darth Jar Jar that would be correcting a mistake of the prequels but many wouldn't understand that.
    Darth Anakin/Vader pre-suit is likely the one that works best for a villian journey.

Darth Jar Jar and FO agent Rose, please make that happen!
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Goodgil wrote: »
    I believe that it's going to be a legendary. The devs are aware of the recent anger towards too many marquees, and Revan is too big for that kind anyway. Hero's Journey events always included a previous version of the toon you're getting (Farmboy to CLS, Scavenger to JTR), and there's no version of Revan. Plus, the release video started with the words "a legend from the old republic has emerged", which again points to legendary specifically.
    All that being said, they might have created a new type of event, or put him in some existing structure. I really don't know... But my guess is that I'll know very soon.

The problem is that a legendary doesn't really fit either. We usually use an enemy faction to unlock, which in this case would be Mandalorians. And we don't have the tag yet, despite there being three to five (depending whether you count the Fetts) characters already.

3-5? Seems like that really depends on Fetts as every clone can then be a Mandalorian, so that puts it up to 10 without adding new toons.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I believe that it's going to be a legendary. The devs are aware of the recent anger towards too many marquees, and Revan is too big for that kind anyway. Hero's Journey events always included a previous version of the toon you're getting (Farmboy to CLS, Scavenger to JTR), and there's no version of Revan. Plus, the release video started with the words "a legend from the old republic has emerged", which again points to legendary specifically.
    All that being said, they might have created a new type of event, or put him in some existing structure. I really don't know... But my guess is that I'll know very soon.

The problem is that a legendary doesn't really fit either. We usually use an enemy faction to unlock, which in this case would be Mandalorians. And we don't have the tag yet, despite there being three to five (depending whether you count the Fetts) characters already.

3-5? Seems like that really depends on Fetts as every clone can then be a Mandalorian, so that puts it up to 10 without adding new toons.

Clones are too far-fetched, being a Mandalorian is not only about genetics. We have Gar, the super commando and Sabine who are definitely Mandos and the Fetts who I am not sure where are canonically in relation to Mandalore.
  • Options
    i think this release will mimic the ones granted to talzin and wicket, though modified to avoid the prior problems
  • Options
    What if the new type of event will let you choose light or dark side Revan at the end. You can only have one so choose wisely and quickly.
  • Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    i think this release will mimic the ones granted to talzin and wicket, though modified to avoid the prior problems

They said they weren't going to do that anymore though
  • Options
    I think a big question is which 'canon' anything happens by. Im not 100% sure on this but don't the KOTOR games and whatever books/ other games tell differing stories on him? Also isnt there a thing about him being canonised in rebels? These things could change it up a lot.
  • Options
    I'm almost certain it will be a new terentatek TB map, with Revan as the new special mission toon and terentatek added to the shop.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I'm almost certain it will be a new terentatek TB map, with Revan as the new special mission toon and terentatek added to the shop.

That seems the most likely to be honest, a new TB is the next best step. To be honest Territory Battles is one of the only things they have gotten fairly right with when it comes to new content. Adding all the marquee characters immediately after release is my only gripe about it but the content and game mode is interesting and fun. TW suck and the raid is just another raid.
  • Options

I agree that we’re due for a new TB map, and that it could be a place to earn Revan, though I personally think that a clone wars TB would make more sense than Jedi v Sith since there are a lot of CW toons that are conspicuously missing (Droideka I’m looking at you!), plus that’s be the perfect opportunity to introduce a separatist capital ship (legendary requiring republic to unlock?) to make 5 as we edge closer to a ship raid. That said, Jedi and Sith Revan could totally be the new Hoda/Wampa, though I suspect they will elect to swap in someone from the appropriate timeframe instead and make Revan a new type of event.
  • Options

Might as well tag a dev in this. Solved the bigger puzzle.
  • Options

The enemy faction is sith
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    The only hint we have so far is the Terentatek, if it was featured in the video, it sure will be a part of the event too. So, what events featured such special enemies before? Raids, Heroics and special TB missions. Raid is unlikely, so I think that it will be either a new iteration of Heroic or a new TB, if it is something we already know.
    Of course, there is always the possibility of something new entirely. I think an interesting idea would be a "personal raid", working like normal raids but each player on their own. It would reward well-developed rosters while being independent on the guild.

I really like the personal raid idea. So much of this game is tied to how the guild does, it would be nice to have one thing that is individual. Maybe a story mode of sorts.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Terentatek is the same approx size and weight as a wampa. Its possible that it will be playable, like wampa
  • Options
    The picture said "hero".

Guys!!! What is the name of this mobile game? It's called "Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes". Please check this. Every character we got a heroes in Star Wars - also Mob Enforcer and so on. I think he will be the first character which won't be got easier in a new (marquee) event. That's why he couldn't be a Hero for "Hero's Journey".
  • Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »

They aren't going to make a sith based event everybody and there grandma would clear it. They aren't just building stuff for fun. It needs to bring in cash.
  • Options
    I like the clone wars style - did Filoni provide some extra resources here ? Or is this already a teaser for a new KOTOR show ? :);)
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Options
    New TB:
    Light side reward: Jedi Revan
    Dark side reward: Darth Revan
    GE shop character: Terentatek
  • Options

They aren't going to make a sith based event everybody and there grandma would clear it. They aren't just building stuff for fun. It needs to bring in cash.

It's possible that they might. It may seem that everyone has maxed out sith but they don't. Look through the rosters of your guild. There are a fair number that don't really use sith that much. It does appear that everyone has them if you look at arena but you only see the top 50 and those are dedicated players. And if you look at mine, you would think 70% of people have 7 star traya or 7 star bastilla.

Now they aren't going to release a meta changing character with just sith. But sith are possibly needed for Carth or a weaker version of Revan to be used in the actual event to unlock the meta changing character.

Hero's journeys require 5 or more specific characters and a faction to unlock one of the legendary characters that is req. If a faction is also req sith makes the most sense.

The difficult part will bebthe farming of the 5 specific toons not the faction. Though since many have 7 star sith, g12 could well be req also. It may very well be not having g12 sith that stops some who focus on kotor toons but have no sith.

Just speculation of course. It could go anyway the devs decide.
  • Options

It's possible that they might. It may seem that everyone has maxed out sith but they don't. Look through the rosters of your guild. There are a fair number that don't really use sith that much. It does appear that everyone has them if you look at arena but you only see the top 50 and those are dedicated players. And if you look at mine, you would think 70% of people have 7 star traya or 7 star bastilla.

Now they aren't going to release a meta changing character with just sith. But sith are possibly needed for Carth or a weaker version of Revan to be used in the actual event to unlock the meta changing character.

Hero's journeys require 5 or more specific characters and a faction to unlock one of the legendary characters that is req. If a faction is also req sith makes the most sense.

The difficult part will bebthe farming of the 5 specific toons not the faction. Though since many have 7 star sith, g12 could well be req also. It may very well be not having g12 sith that stops some who focus on kotor toons but have no sith.

Any guild sniffing the top GP bracket probably has 50 all g11/g12 traya teams and 50 zEP team and a ton of Zaul teams.
  • Options

Any guild sniffing the top GP bracket probably has 50 all g11/g12 traya teams and 50 zEP team and a ton of Zaul teams.

I'm not saying top guilds don't have 50 trayas but there are many guilds who either aren't hstr yet or haven't been long enough for 7 star traya. For those guilds, ep sith team is likely a nice to have but back burner team for many members due to them not being super great in hstr.

Many other teams are more important to a guild. Jtr, ns, bhs, chex just to name a few. I have sith maxed out so I kind of hope they are needed. But I'm sure if they are, there will be many griping the event was too hard if they need g10 sith. Especially if it is tuned where nihilas or sion are needed to make it winnable.
  • Options

They could take the chewie approach and make it something like you basically need Traya or g12 toons with arena mods to 7* him. Hopefully they wouldn't set the 5* bar at g11.5, 6* at g12, 7* at g12+ but I wouldn't bet against that.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    in the case of Revan on his way to the dark side we do not know who was along with him (well, may be except Malak).

Unless they throw a complete curve ball and give us Jedi Malak AND Jedi Revan and use them for a HJ/Hero’s Downfall with just the 2 of them activating the Star Maps and at the end we unlock Darth Revan and Darth Malak. But that just sounds way too weird and more like wish fulfillment.

You also have the Tarentatek there so yeah, haha. It’s a head-scratcher.

That is the worst idea that I have ever seen
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The picture said "hero".

Guys!!! What is the name of this mobile game? It's called "Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes". Please check this. Every character we got a heroes in Star Wars - also Mob Enforcer and so on. I think he will be the first character which won't be got easier in a new (marquee) event. That's why he couldn't be a Hero for "Hero's Journey".

Don't write "Revan" and "Marquee" on the same sentence, ever again
    Apologize and leave, young Skywalker
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    The picture said "hero".

Don't write "Revan" and "Marquee" on the same sentence, ever again
    Apologize and leave, young Skywalker

He didn't
  • Options
    Not sure now. After thinking out a while, I recall they said something like: we know everyone’s tired or marquee events, so we invented something new.
    So it can be not HJ, nor legendary event or raid, but something we haven’t seen before...
  • Options

Padme legendary event
  • Options
    Unlocking Revan is not going to involve a new TB. It's certainly not going to require Sith because… Well, everyone including their grandmother who plays this game has a Sith team - The Sith are the meta right now. And no version of Revan should ever be a **** marquee - who ever suggests such a thing should be tarred and feathered

Revan is one of the most anticipated characters in swgoh. CG is not going to just give him away, because there's no profit to be made by doing that. Panic farming has always been a fact of life in Swgoh. It's when CG usually makes the most profit per quarter

Why would they introduce 5 KOTOR marquee characters this year.... for no reason? The day that Zaalbar, Mission and T3 were made farmable (with Bastila and Bindo being farmable weeks before) on the same day they announced they're increasing hard node attempts and decreasing first hard node refresh to 25 crystals.
    CG is all but telling you, without actually telling you that KOTOR characters will be needed.

People keep trying to use precedent in terms of what makes since either Legendary or Hero's Journey. Revan is a unique case, which CG can do whatever it wants. I suspect either this month or next month we’ll likely get a special event that's a mix between Legendary and Hero's journey for Jedi Revan. Depending on how successful it is, I wouldn't be surprised it they introduce more KOTOR characters like Canderous, Carth, and Juhani. Maybe even Malak as a legendary or raid reward in the future. And another event such as Villian's Journey or Hero's fall, that would require Jedi Revan to get Darth Revan. It makes the most sense from a business standpoint.
This discussion has been closed.