[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

  • thatguy181
    125 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Say something I am giving up on you.

    I'll be surprised if we get any further info this week/today.

    Heck, at this point I'll be surprised if we get an actual "Road Ahead" by the end of next week. :P

    Seems like most of the devs are in hiding (and I can't exactly blame them, I wouldn't want to face the community right now either). At least one of them responded to another post letting us know that the Revan missions have recommended gear levels on them like the Chewbacca event (he did NOT say they were EQUAL requirements, just that they're posted on the event description in game) but that he could not tell us that right now (which leads me to believe they will be similar difficulty to the Chewie event which will just make people more upset). Still, I would like to imagine we can get some sort of confirmation on expected gear levels before the event is live, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. Heck, we don't even have a kit reveal yet. I'm sure Revan will be stupidly powerful, but where's the kit?! They're not firing on any cylinders this week it seems. Tease Jedi Revan! Get the hype train to HUGE levels. Community morale at a record high for the year (if not entire life of the game), announce terrible timeframe release, crush the morale to new lows, give little to no acknowledgements beyond telling people to stop breaking forum rules in their outrage, etc. etc. etc. CG's had better weeks, this unfortunately has not been one of them.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Padas wrote: »
    They will make money but they would have made the money from the whales and krackens anyways. They are leaving the Dolphin money and bellow on the table pushing thos out 2 weeks earlier and dangling the carrot to far away.

    You have no basis to your argument and are piggybacking on warriors assumption that they would make more money if the pushed this out two weeks.. CG knows what they are doing.

    Doesn't matter, warrior is the people's champ! /s
  • Multiple MMOs I started playing for what now 18 years. UO monthly sub, SWG monthly sub, LOTRO, SWTOR, etc, even WoW I believe was only a monthly sub. Sorry but if you want to compare a 10-20 monthly sub to what whales pay on here you are completely lost. Yes I paid monthly in those but everything was available to any player that did as well the moment it hit the game. The difference there was the argument between raiding players and non-raiding who complained the items were hidden behind a raid wall. But in those games there was times I did not raid and did not need any raid gear to be competitive in PvE or PvP. Big difference again in a small monthly sub and dropping 300-500 in panic farming to get an in game item.

    And for the record when LOTRO came out in 07 they offered a life time subscription(just $99) so I purchased it and since never paid a dime and got every item the moment it came out. They did a few years back offer was to purchase items with real money but no end game gear.

    Ok, First off, I wasn't talking differences in amounts. I was talking difference between P2P and F2P. Second, trying to compare prices from one game to another makes no sense, especially considering you are talking about a game from over a decade ago. A lot of games now have a subscription and F2P option and also have in game purchases you can make with real money that adds up to the amounts you are talking about. It all depends on the style. Third, my entire argument has been about those who are upset because they can't spend $50 to $100 and get him right now.

    Why would someone release a product that they know a vast majority of people are going to want and then put a $100 price tag on it when they know they can get $300-$500? This is really at this point getting counter productive. Originally I just wanted to point out that there is so much complaining over not getting enough notice or it costing to much and when you hear that enough it just sounds like greed from the player base. But this is really not that different from the way CLS or JTR was released. Granted, this is a more expensive farm if you want to get him first time, but notice time wise, that hasn't really changed.

    It seems to me that everyone wants to know when and what is being release 2-3 months in advance. Its already been explained that can be difficult as bugs may cause delays and then we would have people upset that we were told we'd get something in 2-3 months and we spent time farming for it, and then we have to wait another 1-2 months.
  • Birds gotta fly.
    Fish gotta swim.
    GoH forum gotta complain.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TrowaJedi wrote: »
    Multiple MMOs I started playing for what now 18 years. UO monthly sub, SWG monthly sub, LOTRO, SWTOR, etc, even WoW I believe was only a monthly sub. Sorry but if you want to compare a 10-20 monthly sub to what whales pay on here you are completely lost. Yes I paid monthly in those but everything was available to any player that did as well the moment it hit the game. The difference there was the argument between raiding players and non-raiding who complained the items were hidden behind a raid wall. But in those games there was times I did not raid and did not need any raid gear to be competitive in PvE or PvP. Big difference again in a small monthly sub and dropping 300-500 in panic farming to get an in game item.

    And for the record when LOTRO came out in 07 they offered a life time subscription(just $99) so I purchased it and since never paid a dime and got every item the moment it came out. They did a few years back offer was to purchase items with real money but no end game gear.

    Ok, First off, I wasn't talking differences in amounts. I was talking difference between P2P and F2P. Second, trying to compare prices from one game to another makes no sense, especially considering you are talking about a game from over a decade ago. A lot of games now have a subscription and F2P option and also have in game purchases you can make with real money that adds up to the amounts you are talking about. It all depends on the style. Third, my entire argument has been about those who are upset because they can't spend $50 to $100 and get him right now.

    Why would someone release a product that they know a vast majority of people are going to want and then put a $100 price tag on it when they know they can get $300-$500? This is really at this point getting counter productive. Originally I just wanted to point out that there is so much complaining over not getting enough notice or it costing to much and when you hear that enough it just sounds like greed from the player base. But this is really not that different from the way CLS or JTR was released. Granted, this is a more expensive farm if you want to get him first time, but notice time wise, that hasn't really changed.

    It seems to me that everyone wants to know when and what is being release 2-3 months in advance. Its already been explained that can be difficult as bugs may cause delays and then we would have people upset that we were told we'd get something in 2-3 months and we spent time farming for it, and then we have to wait another 1-2 months.

    What changed in gaming between a decade ago and now? Has the games become dramatically better that they now deserve far more investment than the initial subscription based model MMOs had?
  • To me, the problem isn't just this event. It's the snowballing of demands on players with the dramatic increase in the number of new characters that are difficult to farm and that are needed for events. Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, characters for TB, sith raid, etc. Not to mention mod slicing up to 6 dots and scrambling for ship omegas. The demands on players are growing exponentially, but the rewards and resources are barely growing. I understand that a gap between f2p and p2p is part of the game, but it's frustrating that that gap is widening so quickly. This event right after the difficult Chewie event is part of a disheartening trend. I have stayed with this game because of the balance between f2p and p2p. But that balance is shifting radically. I don't mind waiting for Revan, but I do mind the shift in the balance.
  • Oh look, another of these.

    bylvtvjlh3au.gif

    Yeah, meant for this to go in the mega thread but thanks for the cheeky comment
  • Warrior has a strong argument... If your the type of player that buys every character on release, CG already has your money. Where the timing of release affects profit is those players on the cusp, that spend $50-100 to finish things off...

    IN past events a skilled FTP players who was active and preparing, could get Revan... This would encourage modest spending players who are less prepared spend to keep up.

    More then anything I am upset because I was planning on getting him at 5star, and now can't even do that :(.

    If only 3 players in your shard get Revan, then really you do not need him odds are you were beating the whale that is getting Revan anyway, and now you have at least 2 months to prepare for the next event.

    In a since your right, everyone upset that they can't get Revan should really just take a deep breath, and focus on gearing the characters you already have. With all this hard node farming, my guess is many have 7star toons needing gear. Jedi Revan will not make Jedi stronger then Sith in arena. And with so few getting him, it will not change anything.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Haha. Revan event is bad, if they don't drop some meaningful stuff to help the farm.
    They wouldn't have all this complains, if they didn't:
    >Set this 3 weeks after chewie
    >Put that kitten into 3 hardnodes and 2 cantina nodes
    >give us no time do farm them with reasonable resource input

    If people don't understand that, they can play alone on there shard. Maybe against bots. You will like your revan, alone.

    They still would have gotten loads of complaints if they didn't do any of those 3 things though.
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Warrior has a strong argument... If your the type of player that buys every character on release, CG already has your money. Where the timing of release affects profit is those players on the cusp, that spend $50-100 to finish things off...

    IN past events a skilled FTP players who was active and preparing, could get Revan... This would encourage modest spending players who are less prepared spend to keep up.

    More then anything I am upset because I was planning on getting him at 5star, and now can't even do that :(.

    If only 3 players in your shard get Revan, then really you do not need him odds are you were beating the whale that is getting Revan anyway, and now you have at least 2 months to prepare for the next event.

    In a since your right, everyone upset that they can't get Revan should really just take a deep breath, and focus on gearing the characters you already have. With all this hard node farming, my guess is many have 7star toons needing gear. Jedi Revan will not make Jedi stronger then Sith in arena. And with so few getting him, it will not change anything.

    I think there are a lot more “dolphins” spending more than normal than people think. Regardless of any opinions I’m simply stating CG knows what they are doing.. they have the analytics and have thought this through. They need to make money for this game to grow so if you don’t want to spend money then don’t, but stop complaining that as a f2p player you are not able to obtain a toon like this the first time
  • Yeah, meant for this to go in the mega thread but thanks for the cheeky comment

    Clearly false. You wanted your moment in the sun or you would actually have posted it there. You didn't, because you knew it'd get buried.

    Try again.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Plain and simple.. CG is a business here to make money and they are going to make a good deal of it on revan. If you think they should make a toon of this magnitude available without spending money you are ignorant or a child. If you want Revan the first time around then quit complaining and open your wallet. Otherwise just keep grinding and you will get him the second time around.

    Whales: have all the KOTOR toons ready before this dropped
    Mild spenders: are not even close to try
    f2p: are toast


    How exactly will they make money? Who is snatching up 6 or 7 vaults to do this event?

    I have 6 mild spenders in my guild that will unlock Revan... AGAIN, none of us have the analytics to say whether this was or was not a good business decision.. CG does so stop speculating on how they could have made more money. If you want revan then open your wallet or wait til round two.. if you are really that unhappy with this you can simply delete the app.. pretty simple
  • Olddumper
    2847 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Padas wrote: »
    They will make money but they would have made the money from the whales and krackens anyways. They are leaving the Dolphin money and bellow on the table pushing thos out 2 weeks earlier and dangling the carrot to far away.

    You have no basis to your argument and are piggybacking on warriors assumption that they would make more money if the pushed this out two weeks.. CG knows what they are doing.

    No CG/EA has repeatedly proven they have no clue what they are doing and have had often had poor corporate performance for a number of years at a time
  • TC_CrunchyCookie123
    53 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, meant for this to go in the mega thread but thanks for the cheeky comment

    Clearly false. You wanted your moment in the sun or you would actually have posted it there. You didn't, because you knew it'd get buried.

    Try again.

    If I could move it there I would... quit being an kitten lover
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Warrior has a strong argument... If your the type of player that buys every character on release, CG already has your money. Where the timing of release affects profit is those players on the cusp, that spend $50-100 to finish things off...

    IN past events a skilled FTP players who was active and preparing, could get Revan... This would encourage modest spending players who are less prepared spend to keep up.

    More then anything I am upset because I was planning on getting him at 5star, and now can't even do that :(.

    If only 3 players in your shard get Revan, then really you do not need him odds are you were beating the whale that is getting Revan anyway, and now you have at least 2 months to prepare for the next event.

    In a since your right, everyone upset that they can't get Revan should really just take a deep breath, and focus on gearing the characters you already have. With all this hard node farming, my guess is many have 7star toons needing gear. Jedi Revan will not make Jedi stronger then Sith in arena. And with so few getting him, it will not change anything.

    I think there are a lot more “dolphins” spending more than normal than people think. Regardless of any opinions I’m simply stating CG knows what they are doing.. they have the analytics and have thought this through. They need to make money for this game to grow so if you don’t want to spend money then don’t, but stop complaining that as a f2p player you are not able to obtain a toon like this the first time

    I don’t know that people are really complaining about not being able to get him as FTP, I think the complaints are that people who have been farming OR hard won’t be anywhere close to get him WITH the packs they put out, so there’s no point in buying them when you’ll be able to farm OR for free the next time around. I know I would’ve been tempted with the packs if they made a difference, now I’m just gonna wait. I guess that CG is assessing they’ll make more money off the few spending a lot more (~300$ with heavy farming) than the many spending less (75$ for all 3 packs). Or they need the funds now and can’t wait 2 weeks, even if that means making less money. Who knows.
  • Raven OR a nice dinner with the wife, a few drinks and some cuddling? Easy choice for me here :)@EA maybe some double drops on KOTOR toons when the event is over?
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Plain and simple.. CG is a business here to make money and they are going to make a good deal of it on revan. If you think they should make a toon of this magnitude available without spending money you are ignorant or a child. If you want Revan the first time around then quit complaining and open your wallet. Otherwise just keep grinding and you will get him the second time around.

    Whales: have all the KOTOR toons ready before this dropped
    Mild spenders: are not even close to try
    f2p: are toast


    How exactly will they make money? Who is snatching up 6 or 7 vaults to do this event?

    I have 6 mild spenders in my guild that will unlock Revan... AGAIN, none of us have the analytics to say whether this was or was not a good business decision.. CG does so stop speculating on how they could have made more money. If you want revan then open your wallet or wait til round two.. if you are really that unhappy with this you can simply delete the app.. pretty simple

    I'm not really wrapped up in all this but anybody with good business sense would have throw this proposal out when it hit their desk. You are really over estimating CG here. They did well on the chewie event so they went fishing in the same pond again like a bunch of noobs.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    If I could move it there I would... quit being an kitten lover

    Hi, Porgatory at your service.

    I'll stop being myself when society stops being ridiculous, which is never. When people stop making threads complaining about complaining, and insisting the complaining stops. When people claim they intended to post in the mega thread but didn't. And especially when people stop being sycophantic appeasers to their overlords in this game, who don't need you to back them up for the sadistic decisions they make.

    Welcome to the forums, mate. Enjoy your stay.

    Let's try something a bit more productive for your next thread, hmm?
    Post edited by Kyno on
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Warrior has a strong argument... If your the type of player that buys every character on release, CG already has your money. Where the timing of release affects profit is those players on the cusp, that spend $50-100 to finish things off...

    IN past events a skilled FTP players who was active and preparing, could get Revan... This would encourage modest spending players who are less prepared spend to keep up.

    More then anything I am upset because I was planning on getting him at 5star, and now can't even do that :(.

    If only 3 players in your shard get Revan, then really you do not need him odds are you were beating the whale that is getting Revan anyway, and now you have at least 2 months to prepare for the next event.

    In a since your right, everyone upset that they can't get Revan should really just take a deep breath, and focus on gearing the characters you already have. With all this hard node farming, my guess is many have 7star toons needing gear. Jedi Revan will not make Jedi stronger then Sith in arena. And with so few getting him, it will not change anything.

    I think there are a lot more “dolphins” spending more than normal than people think. Regardless of any opinions I’m simply stating CG knows what they are doing.. they have the analytics and have thought this through. They need to make money for this game to grow so if you don’t want to spend money then don’t, but stop complaining that as a f2p player you are not able to obtain a toon like this the first time

    I don’t know that people are really complaining about not being able to get him as FTP, I think the complaints are that people who have been farming OR hard won’t be anywhere close to get him WITH the packs they put out, so there’s no point in buying them when you’ll be able to farm OR for free the next time around. I know I would’ve been tempted with the packs if they made a difference, now I’m just gonna wait. I guess that CG is assessing they’ll make more money off the few spending a lot more (~300$ with heavy farming) than the many spending less (75$ for all 3 packs). Or they need the funds now and can’t wait 2 weeks, even if that means making less money. Who knows.

    Thank you.. who knows.. CG does.. simple
  • I backed out of the KOTOR panic before as soon as they gave the hint. I said its either a TB map/Raid or it isnt for me.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Plain and simple.. CG is a business here to make money and they are going to make a good deal of it on revan. If you think they should make a toon of this magnitude available without spending money you are ignorant or a child. If you want Revan the first time around then quit complaining and open your wallet. Otherwise just keep grinding and you will get him the second time around.

    Whales: have all the KOTOR toons ready before this dropped
    Mild spenders: are not even close to try
    f2p: are toast


    How exactly will they make money? Who is snatching up 6 or 7 vaults to do this event?

    Some mild spenders will obviously be persuaded to buy him anyway since they've already dumbed quite a few cyrstals into farming OR. On top of that they might bring the event back relatively soon so they'll get another panic farm out of it for the less prepared mild spenders.
    It's entirely possible they'll make more money this way than they would have if they waited another month.
    Who knows? I certainly don't have the data to back any of this up, but neither does anyone else.
    Also, i can probably get him with just 2 to 3 vaults, depending on the gear requirement. Surely the mild spenders are even better prepared than i am (f2p and started farming late).
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Warrior has a strong argument... If your the type of player that buys every character on release, CG already has your money. Where the timing of release affects profit is those players on the cusp, that spend $50-100 to finish things off...

    IN past events a skilled FTP players who was active and preparing, could get Revan... This would encourage modest spending players who are less prepared spend to keep up.

    More then anything I am upset because I was planning on getting him at 5star, and now can't even do that :(.

    If only 3 players in your shard get Revan, then really you do not need him odds are you were beating the whale that is getting Revan anyway, and now you have at least 2 months to prepare for the next event.

    In a since your right, everyone upset that they can't get Revan should really just take a deep breath, and focus on gearing the characters you already have. With all this hard node farming, my guess is many have 7star toons needing gear. Jedi Revan will not make Jedi stronger then Sith in arena. And with so few getting him, it will not change anything.

    I think there are a lot more “dolphins” spending more than normal than people think. Regardless of any opinions I’m simply stating CG knows what they are doing.. they have the analytics and have thought this through. They need to make money for this game to grow so if you don’t want to spend money then don’t, but stop complaining that as a f2p player you are not able to obtain a toon like this the first time

    I don’t know that people are really complaining about not being able to get him as FTP, I think the complaints are that people who have been farming OR hard won’t be anywhere close to get him WITH the packs they put out, so there’s no point in buying them when you’ll be able to farm OR for free the next time around. I know I would’ve been tempted with the packs if they made a difference, now I’m just gonna wait. I guess that CG is assessing they’ll make more money off the few spending a lot more (~300$ with heavy farming) than the many spending less (75$ for all 3 packs). Or they need the funds now and can’t wait 2 weeks, even if that means making less money. Who knows.

    Thank you.. who knows.. CG does.. simple

    Can I ask what you do for a living?
  • Germi
    551 posts Member
    Almost 1000 posts ... I think we could publish a cooperative book !
  • Glurp wrote: »
    The demands on players are growing exponentially, but the rewards and resources are barely growing. I understand that a gap between f2p and p2p is part of the game, but it's frustrating that that gap is widening so quickly.
    All good points, a game designer may not have the background in economics or fully understand inflation of the in game economy and in the impact on the community, guild dynamics and moral which will effect one of the most important and unrated ideas of gaming, fun.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    SemiAsp wrote: »
    Raven OR a nice dinner with the wife, a few drinks and some cuddling? Easy choice for me here :)@EA maybe some double drops on KOTOR toons when the event is over?

    Must be nice to be that close. For me, it's Revan or a new computer or lawn mower
  • egtrip wrote: »
    Glurp wrote: »
    The demands on players are growing exponentially, but the rewards and resources are barely growing. I understand that a gap between f2p and p2p is part of the game, but it's frustrating that that gap is widening so quickly.
    All good points, a game designer may not have the background in economics or fully understand inflation of the in game economy and in the impact on the community, guild dynamics and moral which will effect one of the most important and unrated ideas of gaming, fun.

    The game designers are likely to have 0 background in economics, the person they have that does have a background in economics is probably on tangentially included with the SLCD of this game and completely removed from the player base.
Sign In or Register to comment.