Star Wars the old republic (KOTOR)

Prev134
Scottishtroop87
74 posts Member
edited October 2018
Just thought I would let everyone know that the old Xbox games Star Wars the old republic 1 & 2 are available to buy on Xbox one original. You can learn the origins of reven plus great games from the makers of mass effect.

Edited title to avoid confusion over SWTOR thread. - EA_Cian
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Replies

• PC or console version, which is better?
  • PC for KOTOR II. TSLRCM (The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod) adds a bit more content that was lost rushing it to the shelves.
  • PC for KOTOR II. TSLRCM (The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod) adds a bit more content that was lost rushing it to the shelves.

I tried getting into the first KotOR and it seemed like all I did was talk to people. I was playing on PC, but it seemed so...boring.
  • I left off where I was supposed to fight the guy to get the sith armor and enter the underground. Maybe I need to play further?
  • Went in a few times this week. I was amazed I still remembered how to run the dailies in the Black Hole lol
  • Pc is definitely better but I don’t have one anymore. Blame my ex lol.
  • I left off where I was supposed to fight the guy to get the sith armor and enter the underground. Maybe I need to play further?

Both games start out super slow. If you can slog through the first 8-10 hours it picks up.

Both games start out super slow. If you can slog through the first 8-10 hours it picks up.

I don't think my wife would approve that! lol. Winter is coming in my area, so probably in my spare time.

• I don't think my wife would approve that! lol. Winter is coming in my area, so probably in my spare time.

Yeah I get that. I'm the same way, most of my free time is dedicated to my wife and daughter. That's why when I decided to replay them, I just did it with a walkthrough up, that way I didnt have to waste any time going in the wrong direction. It used to feel like cheating, now it just feels like making the most out of my limited game time.

• I don't think my wife would approve that! lol. Winter is coming in my area, so probably in my spare time.

Yeah I get that. I'm the same way, most of my free time is dedicated to my wife and daughter. That's why when I decided to replay them, I just did it with a walkthrough up, that way I didnt have to waste any time going in the wrong direction. It used to feel like cheating, now it just feels like making the most out of my limited game time.

I know limited game time! LOL. My usual pay style is beat it on my own, that use a guide for collectibles, then I cheat like its going out of style and run through in "God Mode". lol
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Too bad there are so many servers, we could go do an FP for grins. I love False Emperor but all are fun. Except the island.. ugh
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Real quick here, I edited the thread title as it was more focused on KOTOR than the SWTRO (the MMO) and we already have another thread about that.

(P.S: Love me some KOTOR)
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I downloaded KOTOR onto my phone because it was easier to play on the go while waiting for kids' activities. You absolutely do not want to play on a laptop, the mouse movement scheme would kill you. I found the touch interface of a phone or tablet much easier to play.
    Still waiting on KOTOR2 for mobile, wouldn't mind playing that through again. Would be great if they included the lost content mod if it made its way to the app store.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    I downloaded KOTOR onto my phone because it was easier to play on the go while waiting for kids' activities. You absolutely do not want to play on a laptop, the mouse movement scheme would kill you. I found the touch interface of a phone or tablet much easier to play.
    Still waiting on KOTOR2 for mobile, wouldn't mind playing that through again. Would be great if they included the lost content mod if it made its way to the app store.

I only have a laptop, but I do use a wireless mouse and not that dreaded touchpad.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »

I only have a laptop, but I do use a wireless mouse and not that dreaded touchpad.

Even with a mouse I remember my first playthrough of KOTOR nearly crippled my hand. That was probably my first real experience with bad console ports.

Even with a mouse I remember my first playthrough of KOTOR nearly crippled my hand. That was probably my first real experience with bad console ports.

So far I'm doing ok. I got the sith armor and made my way to the underworld. Gotta find Bastila! So dumb question 1, I am playing as Revan?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member

So far I'm doing ok. I got the sith armor and made my way to the underworld. Gotta find Bastila! So dumb question 1, I am playing as Revan?

Have fun with those mutants - don't let them swarm you :) But dumb counter question - why would you want any sort of spoilers about potential plot items?

Have fun with those mutants - don't let them swarm you :) But dumb counter question - why would you want any sort of spoilers about potential plot items?

First off, Mutants woohooo! I guess spoilers aren't as welcome. The game has picked up. Defeated the rancor with grenades, so I met Mission, Big Z and won the swoop bike race, freeing a cheeky Bastila. I'm curios why they left the other start guy out of SWGOH. Carth... interesting
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ya the game picks up from here for sure - especially once you finally leave Taris!

No idea why SWGOH wouldf leave Carth out - but I assume he'll be released downt he road with the Ebon Hawk ship (another ship to add to the "cargo" class in the game).

Maybe then they will change HK47's tag to Old Republic as well (you meet him on Tatooine by the way).
  • Boo wrote: »
    Ya the game picks up from here for sure - especially once you finally leave Taris!

No idea why SWGOH wouldf leave Carth out - but I assume he'll be released downt he road with the Ebon Hawk ship (another ship to add to the "cargo" class in the game).

Maybe then they will change HK47's tag to Old Republic as well (you meet him on Tatooine by the way).

I heard HK-47 is coming up. Any idea on how many hours I'm going to waste this winter?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Tried this game on iPhone. **** hard
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

There are a few difficult areas for me, right now I can't beat the arena or the sith governor.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

There are a few difficult areas for me, right now I can't beat the arena or the sith governor.

Arena - get the flex armour from the foot locker protected by the Bith band puzzle. You can also give your player carth's blaster (with upgrades), use stims, use the prototype vibro blade (with upgrades) and use thermal and heat grenades against opponents who prefer to stand still and and use their blasters - throw grendaes and run around, lol. Also use shields.

Another trick to use is save your levelling up for when you are near death - when you level up your health goes up to 100% - neat trick in a boss fight.

With Sith Governor - Bastill and Player to attack upfront and use another player behind (T3 I think) to run away when they get defeated - draw the governor away so that combat stops and Bastilla and player can get up heal and attack again - again use shields etc and everything you can to beat him. Again give your best guns to T3 or Player - your team should have the best equipment you have collected thus far.'

You can always alter the difficulty level too, if you want to plow through it quicker - I'd recommend this.

Arena - get the flex armour from the foot locker protected by the Bith band puzzle. You can also give your player carth's blaster (with upgrades), use stims, use the prototype vibro blade (with upgrades) and use thermal and heat grenades against opponents who prefer to stand still and and use their blasters - throw grendaes and run around, lol. Also use shields.

Another trick to use is save your levelling up for when you are near death - when you level up your health goes up to 100% - neat trick in a boss fight.

With Sith Governor - Bastill and Player to attack upfront and use another player behind (T3 I think) to run away when they get defeated - draw the governor away so that combat stops and Bastilla and player can get up heal and attack again - again use shields etc and everything you can to beat him. Again give your best guns to T3 or Player - your team should have the best equipment you have collected thus far.'

You can always alter the difficulty level too, if you want to plow through it quicker - I'd recommend this.

Have you had difficulty loading saved files? I can load the autosave fine, which is how I pick up where I left off, but trying to load something I saved doesn't work. It loads up to the L in loading and sits. and sits. and sits. It is like it freezes the game, but then again I am using a laptop that I've had for about a decade, so its older technology.

For the arena juat wait. After you do the sith base you'll gain a couple of levels and it'll get easier.

For the sith governor, you can switch out t3 for carth right before you go in the base but after he unlocks the door. Carth tends to do better in combat. Or you can maybe gain a few levels by doing some side quests you may have skipped.

For the arena juat wait. After you do the sith base you'll gain a couple of levels and it'll get easier.

For the sith governor, you can switch out t3 for carth right before you go in the base but after he unlocks the door. Carth tends to do better in combat. Or you can maybe gain a few levels by doing some side quests you may have skipped.

At first I used Carth and Zaalbar, then I used Bastila and Zaalbar. I don't know if I used Carth and Bastila, but I will see what I have for side quests. I drop by the forums at work, so by the time I get home and play, I usually forget all these tips. lol.
  • Carth and Bastila helped me get by the sith governor, although it looked like he was trying to walk through the door to get to the elevator, and I was able to just shoot the carp out of him. So glitch for the win?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

Have you had difficulty loading saved files? I can load the autosave fine, which is how I pick up where I left off, but trying to load something I saved doesn't work. It loads up to the L in loading and sits. and sits. and sits. It is like it freezes the game, but then again I am using a laptop that I've had for about a decade, so its older technology.

I've never had difficulty loading files - however I played this game on xbox, xbox360 and now xbone - so never played on PC, tablet or phone. Sorry.
    Boo wrote: »

I've never had difficulty loading files - however I played this game on xbox, xbox360 and now xbone - so never played on PC, tablet or phone. Sorry.

I think it has more to do with my archaic, basic laptop. I may have the 360 copy, but now I'm 10 hours in and it gives me something to do when the romance movies are on.
  • I found out what the issue is for loading saves. I had to delete 3 folders but my issue is I’m stuck fighting Davik with only canderous and no other ally. My other last save was 5 hours previous. I get creamed even on easy...