CG strikes again... Celebration??!!

Prev13456710
Again, no real celebration. Just another fake news event made up to make us feel CG loves us.

Shard drop is a joke. Not only is it 1:5. Of course it's always shards you already have. No real help, unless your a noob.

Replies

• Pic1
  • sg1hqrli7n4c.png
  • e7ywa9zn6cug.png
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Oh well, been running low on shard shop currency lately...
    I guess that expecting an opportunity to consistently farm Jango was too optimistic.
  • I was under the impression from the post and in game mail it would be only GG, GK, or Jango...
  • This isnt even love til tomorrow, how did you get these screenshots? Looks sketchy to me....
  • Harlow wrote: »
    Of course it's always shards you already have. No real help, unless your a noob.

I haven't got Jango at 7*. Guess I'm a real noob then. Wait - both GG and GK are only at 6*. Such a nooooooob.

:)
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    Jesus, then don't play the game anymore if it's so terrible, you massive whiner.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Harlow wrote: »
    e7ywa9zn6cug.png
    LMAO

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    The text from the message clearly implied that there would be more than the three named characters as potential drops:

"In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Star Wars™: The Clone Wars, for a limited time, all Mod Battles Stage 9 nodes may also award bonus shards for select characters featured in the animated series, including General Grievous, General Kenobi and Jango Fett. These bonus shards will be available from 11/9 to 11/11."
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Jesus, then don't play the game anymore if it's so terrible, you massive whiner.

Yes, how dare anyone be upset when they advertised that you would get only GG, GK, or Jango shards, and then maybe planned for that by saving energy, only to find the crushing realization that there will be a basically zero chance of getting any of those, because it's not those three, but actually anyone from the TCW era. The nerve!
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    The text from the message clearly implied that there would be more than the three named characters as potential drops:

"In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Star Wars™: The Clone Wars, for a limited time, all Mod Battles Stage 9 nodes may also award bonus shards for select characters featured in the animated series, including General Grievous, General Kenobi and Jango Fett. These bonus shards will be available from 11/9 to 11/11."

You are literally the only person to catch that (that I have seen). Once again, CG's communication is lacking. It should have been made very clear from the start.

Edit: Also, "select" characters implies "not all", which is also not correct, based on the screenshot provided.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    All the salt in this thread is making my blood pressure spike. This is merely a small part of the celebration, not the crowning portion of the event. Is it underwhelming? Perhaps but it is a chance at shards you might not have and it is in a section with good mod slicing stuff anyway.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    All the salt in this thread is making my blood pressure spike. This is merely a small part of the celebration, not the crowning portion of the event. Is it underwhelming? Perhaps but it is a chance at shards you might not have and it is in a section with good mod slicing stuff anyway.

The "event" is fine. The (continued) poor communication is at issue.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    You are literally the only person to catch that (that I have seen). Once again, CG's communication is lacking. It should have been made very clear from the start.
    I sincerely doubt that I'm the only person who read it that way. If you just glanced at the text, you might have been misled, but the use of the word "including" before the list of characters has a very specific meaning.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I sincerely doubt that I'm the only person who read it that way. If you just glanced at the text, you might have been misled, but the use of the word "including" before the list of characters has a very specific meaning.

Big difference between including, and, oh yea, “including” as three of 20! Obviously it’s misleading even if you read it right.
    Hodor
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member

Interesting that you chastise people for reading comprehension when you struggle with it as well. I did not say you were the only one, I said you were the only one I was aware of, CLEARLY indicating it could have been more.
  • Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

Ask your wife or girlfriend how she'd feel if you told her you only had three partners when in reality its in excess of 20, haha.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Brownie wrote: »
    Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

Ask your wife or girlfriend how she'd feel if you told her you only had three partners when in reality its in excess of 20, haha.

If you read the message it is not clearly false advertising. It could have been worded more clearly, but is no way misleading, just misunderstood.

Telling her your top 3 meals include 2 things she makes, wouldn't be saying those are the only things you like.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

If you read the message it is not clearly false advertising. It could have been worded more clearly, but is no way misleading, just misunderstood.

Telling her your top 3 meals include 2 things she makes, wouldn't be saying those are the only things you like.

Get some statistics. If the vast majority of the voters think that they would get those 3 characters (and so did I), then IT IS FALSE ADVERTISING.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

And therein lies the problem. Had it been stated with actual clarity, it would not have been misunderstood. If your customers misunderstand you, then you have not communicated properly.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    1) I love slicing
    2) I have a distinct feeling its not the big hit $$$ maker they suspected

Maybe its me and cant put my finger on it but i wonder if their data is saying not as many ppl slicing as they expected

Dont get me wrong i think lotta ppl just farming mods for mats, selling credits, and mod farming.. maybe a 6* when they get 20 modulators...

6* mods great but choosing between modulators and gear not really a choice many have in guild shop...

Weekly refrsh slicing stuff, HSTR, smugglers, bonus events, i think they pushing slicing hard no one biting (i am)

I could be wrong.... personally i think they expected modulators to be $$$ maker but so hard to get...

Anyway i am so shard shop broke im chomping at the bit for this.... even I did not think anyone would get 10 jango shards let alone more. Shard shop FTW !!!! Im always critical of devs but ill take this win :)
  • I already stocked like 800 mod energy, i also read only GG, GK and jango shards, not the entire clone wars animated characters. But what can we do, this game has always been misleading so i will enjoy the extra shards for shard currency and a lot of mod salvage, it is always like this, you gotta conform with what bone they toss you.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member

Interesting that you chastise people for reading comprehension when you struggle with it as well. I did not say you were the only one, I said you were the only one I was aware of, CLEARLY indicating it could have been more.
    I'm not chastising anyone, merely pointing out that the wording was clear, as long as you read it instead of skimming over it.
    And you'll note that I didn't say that you said I was the only one.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I thought we were only getting those 3....i was surprised after reading this post i missed the “including”. BUT as i said im shard shop broke

Hopefully what this means is with all those characters the drop rate wont be bad and ill get flush in shard shop so i can get a stun gun this month lol
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    You guys need to learn to read. CG’s message was just fine. Most people just skimmed it and got a different meaning, that’s on them. This message is clear, and I’m not a fan of CG’s choices lately, but I’ll defend them on this one.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

And therein lies the problem. Had it been stated with actual clarity, it would not have been misunderstood. If your customers misunderstand you, then you have not communicated properly.

Agree it could have been worded more clearly, but when you read it and not just skim it (like I did) it is pretty clear it's not going to be just those 3.
  • I may be reading into things, but it seems awfully convenient that the mod energy pack is today and must be bought before the drops go live, while the full drop details were never revealed and are clearly not what anyone expected. Even if you read 'including' there is no way you thought there would be a chance to receive 24+ different types of shards.

Whether greed or stupidity, neither of these are a good excuse for the way this was handled. Period.