CG strikes again... Celebration??!!

Replies

  • How does this work? Looks like you get one chest every time you hit "sim", instead of one for every simmed battle?
  • Nice drop rate. Thank you EA!

    Let’s celebrate Clon Wars Aniversary!

    raybddozofiz.jpeg
    3ooi1h6zy56w.jpeg
    suvibfetd4gg.jpeg

    Is this how you expected it to be? Woeful


  • How does this work? Looks like you get one chest every time you hit "sim", instead of one for every simmed battle?

    Lucky you!
  • The only shards I need from that selection is JKA and the three new bounty hunters. And with the **** drop rate I'm not even going to get much in the way of shard shop currency.
  • A lesson learned on reading the fine print and between the lines. That’s why lawyers make $150 and upwards per hour.
    Still, better than nothing. Shard shop currency is great once you reach the point where all your characters are maxed.
  • Is 0/60 a low drop? It must be a programming mistake....

    I have never seen something like this...
  • OtrEbor wrote: »
    Nice drop rate. Thank you EA!

    Let’s celebrate Clon Wars Aniversary!

    raybddozofiz.jpeg
    3ooi1h6zy56w.jpeg
    suvibfetd4gg.jpeg

    Is this how you expected it to be? Woeful


    I’m pretty sure the event hasn’t started in your time zone yet.
  • So well there are 36 characters, the only i wanted are some bh... I was expecting something like the BH drop event in hard nodes, it was cool, i did like 40 shards in total but now with more then 180 energy i got 3 shards in total of fives, barriss and sun fac. I mean hahaha 1 shard every 60 energy, of useless people (which you can buy in stores btw). I wonder who has bought the energy packet... 900 crystals thrown away for what? Maybe chewbacca and police... another wasted opportunity...
  • OtrEbor wrote: »
    Nice drop rate. Thank you EA!

    Let’s celebrate Clon Wars Aniversary!

    raybddozofiz.jpeg
    3ooi1h6zy56w.jpeg
    suvibfetd4gg.jpeg

    Is this how you expected it to be? Woeful


    I’m pretty sure the event hasn’t started in your time zone yet.

    Yes, it has started.

  • Oh woah, better luck next time.
  • @OtrEbor are you sure? Because in the backgrounds on your screenshots you don't have the red glowing box in the top left corner like here:
    4sdsk9md0j9t.png
  • scuba
    12101 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    OtrEbor wrote: »
    OtrEbor wrote: »
    Nice drop rate. Thank you EA!

    Let’s celebrate Clon Wars Aniversary!

    raybddozofiz.jpeg
    3ooi1h6zy56w.jpeg
    suvibfetd4gg.jpeg

    Is this how you expected it to be? Woeful


    I’m pretty sure the event hasn’t started in your time zone yet.

    Yes, it has started.

    @OtrEbor are you sure?? Screenshots similar to yours the top left in back ground is normally the "bonus"

    @OtrEbor image (top left is the mod slice mat)
    IpFkkmg.jpg

    image from a guild member (top left is the bonus box)
    5CpznPo.jpg

    also notice the gold multi Sim button.
    the sim/battle buttons are normally gold during bonus events
  • Lol snap scuba. You put in way more effort than me though.
  • scuba
    12101 posts Member
    Lol snap scuba. You put in way more effort than me though.

    Lol. we seemed to have been posting at same time
  • Kyno
    20122 posts Moderator
    r2steve2 wrote: »

    Come on Kyno
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    You are literally the only person to catch that (that I have seen). Once again, CG's communication is lacking. It should have been made very clear from the start.
    I sincerely doubt that I'm the only person who read it that way. If you just glanced at the text, you might have been misled, but the use of the word "including" before the list of characters has a very specific meaning.

    SO does the word "select" which means:

    (of a group of people or things) carefully chosen from a larger number as being the best or most valuable.



    "In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, for a limited time, all Mod Battles Stage 9 nodes may also award bonus shards for select characters featured in the animated series, including General Grievous, General Kenobi and Jango Fett. These bonus shards will be available from 11/9 to 11/11."

    Including refers to the characters selected, not from ALL characters featured in the animated series. It's not about skimming, it's about what they said. This means that either they do not know the meaning of the word, or that they misled us intentionally. Take your pick! I already wasted 800 crystals to stock up for it... It's my fault for believing that EA is honest.

    There are characters in the series that are not in the game. Which means it is not intentionally misleading because the characters listed are of a sub set of all characters from the animated series.

    Yes it could have been worded better, but it's not intentionally leading anyone to do anything. Your choice was to spend the crystals based on believing that the set of toons available would be smaller than it is, but that is inferred from what is stated. It may not be the best situation but the set of characters could have been any number from how its worded, would you have been happy if it was one or 2 less? From the wording it could have been....it still would not have been what you wanted.


    Come on kyno - no reasonable person is going to take “select set” to mean “literally every CW character.” There’s really no argument that the wording was very misleading even if you read it closely.

    I understand, my point is if they put 15,20, or 25, or all (not sure how many there are), that doesnt mean that they lied or intentionally mislead anyone, the statement could have been worded better and from that statement probably shouldn't have included all of them, but assuming you could have used this to farm any one specific toon with that tag, was an assumption based on hope and not because they stated it.
  • Yeah, it’s really awful that you’re only getting a couple free things instead of a lot of free things. Life’s really hard like that.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    12101 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    r2steve2 wrote: »

    Come on Kyno
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    You are literally the only person to catch that (that I have seen). Once again, CG's communication is lacking. It should have been made very clear from the start.
    I sincerely doubt that I'm the only person who read it that way. If you just glanced at the text, you might have been misled, but the use of the word "including" before the list of characters has a very specific meaning.

    SO does the word "select" which means:

    (of a group of people or things) carefully chosen from a larger number as being the best or most valuable.



    "In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, for a limited time, all Mod Battles Stage 9 nodes may also award bonus shards for select characters featured in the animated series, including General Grievous, General Kenobi and Jango Fett. These bonus shards will be available from 11/9 to 11/11."

    Including refers to the characters selected, not from ALL characters featured in the animated series. It's not about skimming, it's about what they said. This means that either they do not know the meaning of the word, or that they misled us intentionally. Take your pick! I already wasted 800 crystals to stock up for it... It's my fault for believing that EA is honest.

    There are characters in the series that are not in the game. Which means it is not intentionally misleading because the characters listed are of a sub set of all characters from the animated series.

    Yes it could have been worded better, but it's not intentionally leading anyone to do anything. Your choice was to spend the crystals based on believing that the set of toons available would be smaller than it is, but that is inferred from what is stated. It may not be the best situation but the set of characters could have been any number from how its worded, would you have been happy if it was one or 2 less? From the wording it could have been....it still would not have been what you wanted.


    Come on kyno - no reasonable person is going to take “select set” to mean “literally every CW character.” There’s really no argument that the wording was very misleading even if you read it closely.

    I understand, my point is if they put 15,20, or 25, or all (not sure how many there are), that doesnt mean that they lied or intentionally mislead anyone, the statement could have been worded better and from that statement probably shouldn't have included all of them, but assuming you could have used this to farm any one specific toon with that tag, was an assumption based on hope and not because they stated it.

    46.gif
  • Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Brownie wrote: »
    Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

    Ask your wife or girlfriend how she'd feel if you told her you only had three partners when in reality its in excess of 20, haha.

    If you read the message it is not clearly false advertising. It could have been worded more clearly, but is no way misleading, just misunderstood.

    And therein lies the problem. Had it been stated with actual clarity, it would not have been misunderstood. If your customers misunderstand you, then you have not communicated properly.

    Agree it could have been worded more clearly, but when you read it and not just skim it (like I did) it is pretty clear it's not going to be just those 3.
    Is this actually real? I don’t see the box on the mods table...
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Brownie wrote: »
    Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

    Ask your wife or girlfriend how she'd feel if you told her you only had three partners when in reality its in excess of 20, haha.

    If you read the message it is not clearly false advertising. It could have been worded more clearly, but is no way misleading, just misunderstood.

    And therein lies the problem. Had it been stated with actual clarity, it would not have been misunderstood. If your customers misunderstand you, then you have not communicated properly.

    Agree it could have been worded more clearly, but when you read it and not just skim it (like I did) it is pretty clear it's not going to be just those 3.
    Is this actually real? I don’t see the box on the mods table...

    You looking at mod challenges or mod battles? And has it gone midnight where you are?
  • I miss read it to lol. But my problem is that they made it impossible for new players to enjoy it. I started playing 2 montsh ago and am only at lvl74. So i am unable to cash in on the rewards anyway.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    I thought we were only getting those 3....i was surprised after reading this post i missed the “including”. BUT as i said im shard shop broke

    Hopefully what this means is with all those characters the drop rate wont be bad and ill get flush in shard shop so i can get a stun gun this month lol

    spoiler alert. they are bad. they are VERY bad. like any other rewards in the game. pathetic.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Harlow wrote: »
    e7ywa9zn6cug.png

    Seems a stretch to consider Jedi Consular and Jedi Knight Guardian featured Clone Wars characters.

    yep exactly. what you gonna say now CG?
  • thatguy181 wrote: »
    So there are 6 nodes in Mod battles. Here’s my prediction for the 6 Characters:

    1. Grievous
    2. Kenobi
    3. Jango Fett
    4. Anakin
    5. Ahsoka
    6. Rex

    Book it!

    Did you not read the thread? You're very painfully wrong...

    he is so optimistic, right? :D
  • I misread it as well, as Jacen said - missed opportunity/ players being too hopeful. At least I didn’t buy purp or save any of this energy.

    Ppl are frustrated because the game is designed to make you frustrated. Players are frustrated because of the lack of communication and players are frustrated because of poor wording. The difference between some of that is the game is designed to make you frustrated so you spend.

    Many of these recent bonuses or events are having the opposite effect on me. I continually want to spend less or 0.
  • Lol to anyone that hoarded energy thinking it'd be useful.
  • Dk_rek
    2383 posts Member
    Thread is simple i have a 1 in 24 chance of getting a jango shard the 1 in 24 chance a shard drops on pull 24*(24*24) / (square polynomial) of hypotenuse of pie(squared) X 0 = shards you will receive on average
Sign In or Register to comment.