CG strikes again... Celebration??!!

Replies

• tonyelogro wrote: »
    I already stocked like 800 mod energy, i also read only GG, GK and jango shards, not the entire clone wars animated characters. But what can we do, this game has always been misleading so i will enjoy the extra shards for shard currency and a lot of mod salvage, it is always like this, you gotta conform with what bone they toss you.

I agree. Did the same here. Perhaps that was the intent behind there wording. Let the buyer beware. From now on I will be very careful of trusting what I read from them the first time.

I will just hope for stun guns in shard shop to spend the new currency. I’m sure I’ll only get one or two shards with my large amount of stored energy.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    You are literally the only person to catch that (that I have seen). Once again, CG's communication is lacking. It should have been made very clear from the start.
    I sincerely doubt that I'm the only person who read it that way. If you just glanced at the text, you might have been misled, but the use of the word "including" before the list of characters has a very specific meaning.

Interesting that you chastise people for reading comprehension when you struggle with it as well. I did not say you were the only one, I said you were the only one I was aware of, CLEARLY indicating it could have been more.
    I'm not chastising anyone, merely pointing out that the wording was clear, as long as you read it instead of skimming over it.

It was definitely a chastising message to come in to a complaining thread and tell the guy he was an **** for not reading it the way you did.
    And you'll note that I didn't say that you said I was the only one.
    touche.
  • I skimmed the original announcement and thought it was just the three GG, GK, and JF. Clearly wrong, not surprised, did not stockpile anyway.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Brownie wrote: »
    Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

Ask your wife or girlfriend how she'd feel if you told her you only had three partners when in reality its in excess of 20, haha.

If you read the message it is not clearly false advertising. It could have been worded more clearly, but is no way misleading, just misunderstood.

And therein lies the problem. Had it been stated with actual clarity, it would not have been misunderstood. If your customers misunderstand you, then you have not communicated properly.

Agree it could have been worded more clearly, but when you read it and not just skim it (like I did) it is pretty clear it's not going to be just those 3.

I dont think anyone would be mad if it was 5, or maybe even 10...but when you tell us 3 and its 3 out of 24+, thats just plain wrong...to me, it was purposely done to induce mod energy refreshes and pack purchases in order to stockpile energy for this event. And thats a garbage way to treat your customers.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

Ask your wife or girlfriend how she'd feel if you told her you only had three partners when in reality its in excess of 20, haha.

If you read the message it is not clearly false advertising. It could have been worded more clearly, but is no way misleading, just misunderstood.

And therein lies the problem. Had it been stated with actual clarity, it would not have been misunderstood. If your customers misunderstand you, then you have not communicated properly.

Agree it could have been worded more clearly, but when you read it and not just skim it (like I did) it is pretty clear it's not going to be just those 3.

But it is not clear that it is going to be *all* of them, lowering the chance of the listed three to almost zero.
  • Brownie wrote: »

I dont think anyone would be mad if it was 5, or maybe even 10...but when you tell us 3 and its 3 out of 24+, thats just plain wrong...to me, it was purposely done to induce mod energy refreshes and pack purchases in order to stockpile energy for this event. And thats a garbage way to treat your customers.

From how much you can scroll in the window it looks more like 40 different possibilities, such bad odds for something useful.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    It was definitely a chastising message to come in to a complaining thread and tell the guy he was an **** for not reading it the way you did.
    Please re-read my initial post; I think you'll find that's not at all what I said.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • I read it just fine. It definitely made me believe that there was at least some indeterminate chance to get some bonus Jango shards even though I assumed it would mostly be junk. I had no idea that it would be that bad. Seeing that image of Jango buried under dozens of toons I don't need including CUP is very helpful. I know not to waste a bunch of crystals tonight before reset stockingpliling energy. So thanks for that.

I'm not sure why that makes people angry though. I don't particularly care. Nobody was misled because they didn't read carefully enough. But I'm not required to be excited either. This is another missed opportunity to get players excited about something. It used to be that in between vigorous milking sessions the devs would do fun/generous events that kept players loyally volunteering for subsequent milkings. I guess the customer retention those bonuses (like double drops) generated wasn't justifying the cost of what they gave away. Im going to assume that is why their recent bonus events have been such disappointments lately, and I'm adjusting my expectations accordingly.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    bonus shards on nodes ALWAYS suck, even if it were just those 3 characters.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

But it is not clear that it is going to be *all* of them, lowering the chance of the listed three to almost zero.

"In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Star Wars™: The Clone Wars, for a limited time, all Mod Battles Stage 9 nodes may also award bonus shards for select characters featured in the animated series, including General Grievous, General Kenobi and Jango Fett. These bonus shards will be available from 11/9 to 11/11."

This line makes it pretty clear that it is not just those 3. Having never watched the series, I do not know all the characters in it, but I would imagine it is not *all* of them.

But I am not trying to argue, I skimmed it the first time and was not expecting that list of toons to be included, but after actually reading it I can see how they would include many toons (the number of which is irrelevant).
  • Wording aside, this "celebration" is just underwelming, like most of their recent celebrations and make goods. That's is. Very unispiring and no where near exciting.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member

"In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Star Wars™: The Clone Wars, for a limited time, all Mod Battles Stage 9 nodes may also award bonus shards for select characters featured in the animated series, including General Grievous, General Kenobi and Jango Fett. These bonus shards will be available from 11/9 to 11/11."

This line makes it pretty clear that it is not just those 3. Having never watched the series, I do not know all the characters in it, but I would imagine it is not *all* of them.

Except that it is (almost) all of them that are in the game. Like you, I skimmed it and thought it was just the 3. Had I actually read it, I would not have thought it would have been 36 of the maybe 40 we have in game.

Regardless of how you slice it (har har), it is very misleading, and I can't help but think they did that on purpose.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Has everyone gone full stupid? There is absolutely no misleading language anywhere in the post unless you didn't finish grade school. Some people are like a bunch of kids, if I dont get my candy right now when I want it I will throw a huge tantrum. Grow up people
  • Kyno wrote: »

The implication though was that there were be a character on each node....I'm sure that's what the vast majority of players were expecting based on that announcement.....not that there would be a prize box with 30 character possibilities. Based on 3 years of player experience, I think most of us know that CUP or CW Chewbacca will end up dropping far more often than someone like Jango.

Thanks to the OP though for posting this....saves me wasting crystals on the mod energy pack that just went into the store, lol.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    You guys need to learn to read. CG’s message was just fine. Most people just skimmed it and got a different meaning, that’s on them. This message is clear, and I’m not a fan of CG’s choices lately, but I’ll defend them on this one.

I didn't have any issues either understanding, thought it was pretty clear.

Here's an English translation from English though for others:
    Out of the 20 Clone Wars Characters, there is a possibility not all 20 will be available as drops. HOWEVER, out of the 20, these 3 will 100% be included: Jango, GG, GK.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I for one and am very thankful for any bonus shards. What I dont need gets turned to gear
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Thanks for the post. I was going to buy the Mod energy pack before midnight tonight, but the rewards box pic made me reconsider that.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Ryche wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    You guys need to learn to read. CG’s message was just fine. Most people just skimmed it and got a different meaning, that’s on them. This message is clear, and I’m not a fan of CG’s choices lately, but I’ll defend them on this one.

I didn't have any issues either understanding, thought it was pretty clear.

Here's an English translation from English though for others:
    Out of the 20 Clone Wars Characters, there is a possibility not all 20 will be available as drops. HOWEVER, out of the 20, these 3 will 100% be included: Jango, GG, GK.

Except it's not 20, it's 36. And if you say "100% be included" then now it sounds like they drop every time. So much for extra clarity.

But I get it, they added "included" and "select" to give themselves leeway. That doesn't make it okay, or clear communication.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Its misleading but in a very clever manner. Honestly, I'd pat the CG staff in the back for this one. The wording was a great touch and I fell for it.

The way they followed up by name dropping premium CW Toons like GK (raid only), GG (known for being the hardest farm for the longest time), Jango Fett (Fan-Favorite not yet farmable) got everyone excited in the bonus drops was genius.

This is quality sithposting
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    It's called marketing....if a store has 12packs of coke products on sale they dont start the ad by stating 12packs of fanta, barqs root beer and Sprite on sale. They state 12packs of coke products on sale because coke sells, so does jango shards....
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    It's called marketing....if a store has 12packs of coke products on sale they dont start the ad by stating 12packs of fanta, barqs root beer and Sprite on sale. They state 12packs of coke products on sale because coke sells, so does jango shards....

Poor analogy. A store would have to give away random 12 packs of soda, and say "have a chance at getting bonus 12 packs of soda from select soda brands, including Coca-Cola and Pepsi" but then only give out Sam's Cola or Mr. Thunder.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Boov wrote: »
    bonus shards on nodes ALWAYS suck, even if it were just those 3 characters.

They helped me get Bossk to 7* which helped me get Chewbacca to 7* which helped me continue to do well in arena without either Traya or Revan...but ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Harlow wrote: »
    e7ywa9zn6cug.png

Seems a stretch to consider Jedi Consular and Jedi Knight Guardian featured Clone Wars characters.
  • HELL YEAH! Chewie Shards!
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    TRANSLATION OF THIS THREAD: "I misinterpreted the announcement and now I'm going to get angry that it wasn't clear enough and blame others and then accuse others of personal attacks when they simply clarify the situation with facts. I also seem to believe that the extra shards of Jango during a three-day span would have been enough to make a considerable difference."
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    the best coping method I've learned for this game is to lower your expectations.

Absolutely spot on.

I trained my brain to automatically add time or subtract quantities from any deadline or gift promised. It works great.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • these celebrations feel more like a slap in the face than if there was no celebration at all.

the good ole days before ea/cg got greedy we used to get double drops for these type of occassions. players could farm whoever they wanted to on the type of energy that was deemed a bonus node.

not sure why cg got so greedy they cant offer double drops and have to play these cat and mouse games with these horrible celebrations.

thanks for nothing ea/cg. hopefully you learn from these mistakes because the company image to most gamers is going down the tubes with these antics where we wont even try future games you develop if something doesnt change.
  • Argh. Thanks for sharing. I planned on stocking up on mod energy before my reset, even buying the mod energy pack for 600 crystals. Now I'll just do nothing. THANKS for the warning!
  • First of all I read the post and only toons mentioned were gg,jango and gk so this was a attempt to mislead the community plain and simple