CG strikes again... Celebration??!!

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    This game is turning from great content towards cash grabs and marketing tricks. Better get used to it until a replacement comes along that doesn't fail like MSF...
  • All complaints about wording aside ... I have a hard time calling this a celebration. I expect somewhere between 0-3 total bonus shards during this party.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    All complaints about wording aside ... I have a hard time calling this a celebration. I expect somewhere between 0-3 total bonus shards during this party.

If any grievance is to be voiced, this is the most justifiable one. I don't have a problem with the wording or the communication or anything. It's just a little underwhelming, although I'm not sure what they could've done to more appropriately celebrate Clone Wars.
  • There’s no mislead on the wordings, just the typical marketing catch with most companies.

But it’s hardly a celebration indeed.
  • After reading this post I wonder why some people even play judging how unhappy they all sound with the game.

First, I understood it would be more than those three. But even if I didn't, There is an old saying "free stuff good". I like free stuff and that is what this is. It is something extra they are giving for free. Best case situation I will get shards for toons I don't have seven starred like Jango. Worst case I get some free shard shop currency I can spend on gear. I don't see a down side. Free stuff is free stuff. And free stuff that has some value is never bad.

Remember free stuff good. Even if you can't read.
  • I enjoy the slicing aspect of the game I’m glad they added it. Having shards drop on those nodes is just an added bonus. And I highly doubt they have nothing else planned for the rest of the month. No way a single new star fighter is the only thing
  • Hahahahahahaha oh my god this on top of the terrible Jango appearance rates in Crystal shipments. Good job. Make it difficult to like the game don't they
  • SCOED wrote: »
    After reading this post I wonder why some people even play judging how unhappy they all sound with the game.

First, I understood it would be more than those three. But even if I didn't, There is an old saying "free stuff good". I like free stuff and that is what this is. It is something extra they are giving for free. Best case situation I will get shards for toons I don't have seven starred like Jango. Worst case I get some free shard shop currency I can spend on gear. I don't see a down side. Free stuff is free stuff. And free stuff that has some value is never bad.

Remember free stuff good. Even if you can't read.

Its not about whether its free stuff or not! The free stuff is great! Its about them intentionally misleading or being vague to the point it induces people to stockpile mod energy, buy mod energy refreshes and buy the mod energy pack. Then when the event drops, its not what anyone expected. They didnt get me, but I was considering stock piling tonight right before the event launched. Thankfully, the future saved me from buyer's remorse.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Darn, I didn't read closely enough before, that is classic trickery of wording, but it's still truthful.
    Would be funny if they included the % chance you would actually get the highlighted Grievous, Jango, Kenobi shards.
  • A lot of good people are pointing out correctly that more than just GK, GG and JF can drop, this is what I read as well. From PAST experience, this wording WOULD have implied that one character will be assigned to a nod and you can focus in farming him. The introduction of a loot box, containing 20+ characters from which you might get a chance to get 1 to 5 shard of any of them is what I did not expect :smile: Hats off CG/EA amazing creativity yet again !
  • Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Brownie wrote: »
    Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

Ask your wife or girlfriend how she'd feel if you told her you only had three partners when in reality its in excess of 20, haha.

If you read the message it is not clearly false advertising. It could have been worded more clearly, but is no way misleading, just misunderstood.

And therein lies the problem. Had it been stated with actual clarity, it would not have been misunderstood. If your customers misunderstand you, then you have not communicated properly.

Agree it could have been worded more clearly, but when you read it and not just skim it (like I did) it is pretty clear it's not going to be just those 3.

But it is not clear that it is going to be *all* of them, lowering the chance of the listed three to almost zero.

"In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Star Wars™: The Clone Wars, for a limited time, all Mod Battles Stage 9 nodes may also award bonus shards for select characters featured in the animated series, including General Grievous, General Kenobi and Jango Fett. These bonus shards will be available from 11/9 to 11/11."

This line makes it pretty clear that it is not just those 3. Having never watched the series, I do not know all the characters in it, but I would imagine it is not *all* of them.

But I am not trying to argue, I skimmed it the first time and was not expecting that list of toons to be included, but after actually reading it I can see how they would include many toons (the number of which is irrelevant).

@Kyno , how dare you pretend to be a moderator having never watched the clone wars series. The entire show is on Netflix. Watch it, get with the times
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JK_47 wrote: »
    Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

Ask your wife or girlfriend how she'd feel if you told her you only had three partners when in reality its in excess of 20, haha.

If you read the message it is not clearly false advertising. It could have been worded more clearly, but is no way misleading, just misunderstood.

And therein lies the problem. Had it been stated with actual clarity, it would not have been misunderstood. If your customers misunderstand you, then you have not communicated properly.

Agree it could have been worded more clearly, but when you read it and not just skim it (like I did) it is pretty clear it's not going to be just those 3.

But it is not clear that it is going to be *all* of them, lowering the chance of the listed three to almost zero.

"In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Star Wars™: The Clone Wars, for a limited time, all Mod Battles Stage 9 nodes may also award bonus shards for select characters featured in the animated series, including General Grievous, General Kenobi and Jango Fett. These bonus shards will be available from 11/9 to 11/11."

This line makes it pretty clear that it is not just those 3. Having never watched the series, I do not know all the characters in it, but I would imagine it is not *all* of them.

But I am not trying to argue, I skimmed it the first time and was not expecting that list of toons to be included, but after actually reading it I can see how they would include many toons (the number of which is irrelevant).

Kyno , how dare you pretend to be a moderator having never watched the clone wars series. The entire show is on Netflix. Watch it, get with the times

I started to, just never got into it with the limited time I have.
  • Lol no need to save energy for CUP or JKG shards, then. Thanks for posting that image.
  • Yeah thanks for the warning!
    Almost considered buying the mod energy pack...
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    1) I love slicing
    2) I have a distinct feeling its not the big hit $$$ maker they suspected

Maybe its me and cant put my finger on it but i wonder if their data is saying not as many ppl slicing as they expected

Dont get me wrong i think lotta ppl just farming mods for mats, selling credits, and mod farming.. maybe a 6* when they get 20 modulators...

6* mods great but choosing between modulators and gear not really a choice many have in guild shop...

Weekly refrsh slicing stuff, HSTR, smugglers, bonus events, i think they pushing slicing hard no one biting (i am)

I could be wrong.... personally i think they expected modulators to be $$$ maker but so hard to get...

Anyway i am so shard shop broke im chomping at the bit for this.... even I did not think anyone would get 10 jango shards let alone more. Shard shop FTW !!!! Im always critical of devs but ill take this win :)

From what I've heard, slicing is not being utilized nearly as much as it could (or should be), and a lot of that is the player base still not being up to speed with it.

Money-wise, I would agree that it's probably not generating money like they thought, but the pricing for the slice shards is truly obscene in comparison to all those character shards. Characters shards at least have some better level of guarantee to them in that I know what I'm getting, vs slicing is still something of a gamble across 4 categories, so I know where I'm putting my money when I'm spending it.
  • There’s a huge diff between “select characters from the CW series” and “literally almost every CW character currently in game” - if it isn’t in fact all of them. Really nothing to defend here.
    Hodor
  • Kyno wrote: »

Telling her your top 3 meals include 2 things she makes, wouldn't be saying those are the only things you like.

It is CLEARLY misleading, but you back CG 100%, so why even post your comments.
  • FilthyJawa wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    1) I love slicing
    2) I have a distinct feeling its not the big hit $$$ maker they suspected

Maybe its me and cant put my finger on it but i wonder if their data is saying not as many ppl slicing as they expected

Dont get me wrong i think lotta ppl just farming mods for mats, selling credits, and mod farming.. maybe a 6* when they get 20 modulators...

6* mods great but choosing between modulators and gear not really a choice many have in guild shop...

Weekly refrsh slicing stuff, HSTR, smugglers, bonus events, i think they pushing slicing hard no one biting (i am)

I could be wrong.... personally i think they expected modulators to be $$$ maker but so hard to get...

Anyway i am so shard shop broke im chomping at the bit for this.... even I did not think anyone would get 10 jango shards let alone more. Shard shop FTW !!!! Im always critical of devs but ill take this win :)

From what I've heard, slicing is not being utilized nearly as much as it could (or should be), and a lot of that is the player base still not being up to speed with it.

Money-wise, I would agree that it's probably not generating money like they thought, but the pricing for the slice shards is truly obscene in comparison to all those character shards. Characters shards at least have some better level of guarantee to them in that I know what I'm getting, vs slicing is still something of a gamble across 4 categories, so I know where I'm putting my money when I'm spending it.

Where have you heard that slicing isn't being utilized as much as it could? My guild routinely shares slicing results screenshots (good or not as good). Yes, slicing is not guaranteed to get you the result you want, but many in my guild have had some pretty cool results. Even I had a pretty good streak (for me), hitting a speed roll 2 in a row last week to bring that mod up to +14. Not a great mod, but still better than the +4 it was.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    r2steve2 wrote: »
    There’s a huge diff between “select characters from the CW series” and “literally almost every CW character currently in game” - if it isn’t in fact all of them. Really nothing to defend here.

True, but the statement does state it's more than those 3 listed.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I don't think it was intended to deceive, re read it and ignore the part about the 3 characters and it completely makes sense. It is your fault if you didn't read the entire thing, how emails do you skim daily and miss key information?
    I'll admit i missed it, but that's my fault and problem, not cg.

Well it's more like sly wording, not outward deception but if some miss it then all the better. It's not completely innocent for sure. It is classic mobile gamespeak because it is truthful enough to not be a lie or to openly mislead, but also contains the proper language to still have some misleading capabilities tied in.
  • r2steve2 wrote: »
    There’s a huge diff between “select characters from the CW series” and “literally almost every CW character currently in game” - if it isn’t in fact all of them. Really nothing to defend here.

Yes, because if they didn't say "select characters" from the series, then people would start assuming they were releasing new characters as well. There are only "select characters" from the series in the game. Language isn't perfect.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Harlow wrote: »
    e7ywa9zn6cug.png

Seems a stretch to consider Jedi Consular and Jedi Knight Guardian featured Clone Wars characters.

Qui-Gon too, he died before the Clone Wars.
  • I have seen more celebration and cheer in a graveyard.
  • Garbage, that's all it remains.... Only bugs and no more compensation. Garbage....
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    It does have that "why bother?" feel to it. 1/9 for that coveted Kit Fisto shard.

The information wasn't misleading, but it was purposefully vague.

The whole exercise just seems like a waste of time tbh. In 2 days how many worthwhile shards will you actually get?

Don't know what the point is, I just feel that time could have gone into more worthehile thing than this.
  • Just forget the bonus drops. Don't drop your crystals in useless refreshes. Kind of disappointing as I was looking forward to getting some Jango shards. Well, whatever...
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    So there are 6 nodes in Mod battles. Here’s my prediction for the 6 Characters:

1. Grievous
    2. Kenobi
    3. Jango Fett
    4. Anakin
    5. Ahsoka
    6. Rex

Book it!