Hounds Tooth is overpowered

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Are you going against 3*ht lol? Because I go against maxed geos everyday and they dontt come close to denting him
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Are you going against 3*ht lol? Because I go against maxed geos everyday and they dontt come close to denting him

I think the offense up is the key. Most geos run under tarkin or ackbar. I don't think they give offense up. And I think geos need offense up to make each attack stronger than the bonus protection.

Though I haven't tested it because my geos are horrible and I don't plan on gearing them. Vader and tf dispel and kill ht easily enough.
  • Options
    Tarkin gives offense up
    UpTheIrons
  • Options
    Ededed wrote: »
    Tarkin gives offense up

Yeah I saw that now. My bad.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Geos are awesome ships in most cases but against the breach meta they are way outclassed. Me and another player sit at 1 and 2 without hardly ever getting pushed out of our positions and we both run bh breach squad with tie advance cassian u wing and phantom ii running with them
  • Options
    Geos are awesome ships in most cases but against the breach meta they are way outclassed. Me and another player sit at 1 and 2 without hardly ever getting pushed out of our positions and we both run bh breach squad with tie advance cassian u wing and phantom ii running with them
    I like ur breach squad ideology but ackbar dispells u must have tarkins behind u praying for annihilate to save them lol
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    I like ur breach squad ideology but ackbar dispells u must have tarkins behind u praying for annihilate to save them lol

No I run home one with my squad.....xanadu blood ensures taunt is never dispelled on ht as it applies breach on entering battle and on basic
  • Options
    Parad wrote: »
    I think it doesn't work as intended, because sometimes I can kill it with ease and sometimes it just doesn't loose any health. All those secondary attacks don't do anything.

Probably depends on whether it crits or not. A maxed HT generates 24k Protection Up per hit. It has 45% armor, so that means any physical attack that deals hits for less than 44k damage won’t actually do any damage to HT. There are very few attacks that deal that much damage without being a critical hit.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Parad wrote: »
    I think it doesn't work as intended, because sometimes I can kill it with ease and sometimes it just doesn't loose any health. All those secondary attacks don't do anything.

Probably depends on whether it crits or not. A maxed HT generates 24k Protection Up per hit. It has 45% armor, so that means any physical attack that deals hits for less than 44k damage won’t actually do any damage to HT. There are very few attacks that deal that much damage without being a critical hit.

And that is the bottom line right there....as a player who spent many hours strategizing on both sides of the ht that is the key...which is why I run either ackbar or thrawn with my team for cleanse and heal...
  • Options
    Geotrio and poe d for the kill. That's against a whales HT. RNG always factors in as we all know
  • Options
    2smooth wrote: »

No I run home one with my squad.....xanadu blood ensures taunt is never dispelled on ht as it applies breach on entering battle and on basic
    the whale in my shard isn’t as good as u his blood starts in battle I dispel then stun issue solved but once blood is finished issue solve always a way just have to be good enough to find it. I will eventually use set up for defense maybe when 2.5 GP not sure how long it will take the free way with other priorities have to have some knowledge to deal with it.

• Options
    I am maybe a QQing nub but consider this:

I am on a new ship shard(maybe 1 month old).
    SOME people just started to get 5* capital, I don’t have the means to keep 1 fully specced not to mention 3 for different encounters.
    I got a little lucky and got #3(not to brag but for the purposes that i am up there capable of fighting for top spots) yesterday but usually happy with top 5.
    There are 3-4 hound tooths and they are all in top 5. Sure some are whales no doubt ( I bought $5 starter pack but otherwise f2p)
    Things started to move much faster now but up until a few days ago, tooths sat at 3-4 stars.
    There are probably no 7 star ships that anyone has, maybe a few.
    So my fleet of 5-6 star ships against pretty much similar fleet with tooth.
    My pilot is better equipped, my ship is higher lvls of upgrades and stars.

And there is just no chance i get a super lucky rolls here and there.

It maybe more balanced when every is lvl 85 and has a variety of ships to select but at my lvl this ship is a game changer and will be for some time.

So how can 1 ship(and undergeared at that) hold so much power?

It has nothing to do with whaling but these whales don’t have a 7* bossk yet.

And I just don’t have a fleet of G12 geos sitting in hangar as a backup to take on 1* tooth and hope for perfect rng
  • Options

SOME people just started to get 5* capital, I don’t have the means to keep 1 fully specced not to mention 3 for different encounters.
    I got a little lucky and got #3(not to brag but for the purposes that i am up there capable of fighting for top spots) yesterday but usually happy with top 5.
    There are 3-4 hound tooths and they are all in top 5. Sure some are whales no doubt ( I bought $5 starter pack but otherwise f2p)
    Things started to move much faster now but up until a few days ago, tooths sat at 3-4 stars.

It maybe more balanced when every is lvl 85 and has a variety of ships to select but at my lvl this ship is a game changer and will be for some time.

And I just don’t have a fleet of G12 geos sitting in hangar as a backup to take on 1* tooth and hope for perfect rng

I skipped on Geos so I would recommend running a starting lineup of Vader, TFP, and either Biggs or your own HT. You should be able to land the buff immunity on the second turn followed by calling in your hardest hitting reinforcement. Phantom is a decent option too as you can build the momentum from there. You also have Vader’s dispel as needed.
  • Options
    I’d like to understand how when the Ghost is stealthed with no debuffs and Phantom is not stealthed and has foresight, the enemy AI ships can single target Ghost exclusively until destroyed.

It happens with Houndstooth and Geonosians regularly. Pretty sure nothing in any of those kits allows or ignores stealth.
  • Options

If the ht is only 4 or 5 stars, it's probably not a whale. It is ftp farmable. With a 25 crystal refresh it can be farmed fairly quickly with energy.

And if you have tf, vader, asoka, or other ships that dispel buffs, ht is able to be managed without too much trouble.
  • Options
    Thrawn ultimate. Or ahsoka.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Options
    Well, HT's protection can be dispelled or be prevented. Enfys' can't.
    Maybe Buff Immunity or Dispel can work.
    Maybe cleanse can work as well. IIRC there's no ship that can reapply Breach ATM.
  • Options
    Anyone have any luck with Kylos shuttle managing HT? Cleanse + Healing Immunity + Ability Block potentially simultaneously?

I've got a few HT floating in my shards top 20 and Kylos shuttle is one of my best geared ships even at only 4*. Trying to find options.
  • Options
    Kylo’s shuttle is part of every anti HT line up now in top 10 on my Shard.
  • Options
    @USAFmedic129 good to know. Thanks!
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Ahsoka says hi, then Ahsoka says die.

Exactly! their hounds tooth has 7 protection up buffs on them? Ahsoka takes away all of those buffs, plus taunt and any other ones he may have and then clobbers him with her special, most likely killing him in one hit. To make things even better......for every buff you dispelled in this way she gains 20% max health for each one......pretty amazing if you ask me! She already has a max 90k health if you have her maxed out. So say you dispelled 7 buffs. You'd be gaining 140% max health which gets her 216,000 health. Any time she gains protection up for whatever amount, the protection gained is based off max health, so definetely a good thing to have in your reinforcements!

I'll also put in a plug for Wedges X-wing. He inflicts Buff Immunity and Heal Immunity on his reinforcement ability. Hounds tooth killer extraordinaire!.
  • Options
    Lots of good strategies for dealing with it in here. Awesome.
  • Options
    Well, HT's protection can be dispelled or be prevented. Enfys' can't.
    Maybe Buff Immunity or Dispel can work.
    Maybe cleanse can work as well. IIRC there's no ship that can reapply Breach ATM.

Not maybe. Buff immunity and dispels do work. It has been tested and confirmed.
  • Options

Well it does - in a short window. Since HT self-cleanses on basic, buff immunity and heal block only last until it attacks again (and out of turn attacks like retaliate or assists count here too).
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    With all these counters to ht floating around there is one thing drastically overlooked.....while you are focused on neutering one ship the rest of my fleet is picking you off one at a time....there is a reason I stay top of my shard and only have to retake it a couple times a week and that is because ht is just that good. Correct fleet setup is crucial of course and as more players get 7* hounds it will even out eventually but till then ht will dominate
  • Options

Well it does - in a short window. Since HT self-cleanses on basic, buff immunity and heal block only last until it attacks again (and out of turn attacks like retaliate or assists count here too).

True but with buff immunity, it doesn't get retaliation so counters are pretty rare and usually it isn't too hard to get at least one more turn if not two before it goes since it isn't a super fast ship.

I run tf and vader with 5s in reinforcements for 3 ships that can dispel and rarely have issues.
  • Options
    With all these counters to ht floating around there is one thing drastically overlooked.....while you are focused on neutering one ship the rest of my fleet is picking you off one at a time....there is a reason I stay top of my shard and only have to retake it a couple times a week and that is because ht is just that good. Correct fleet setup is crucial of course and as more players get 7* hounds it will even out eventually but till then ht will dominate

I don't exclusively focus on ht. As you said that would be foolish. My vader and tf are fast enough to go before all enemy htsvI face. I spread tl to the other two ships before the taunt goes up and then call fives in for an aoe that most of the time takes out at least one of the others.

Then I focus on ht when its 4 v 2 or 4 v 3 for the win. And by focus I mean use two or three attacks to kill it.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

I don't exclusively focus on ht. As you said that would be foolish. My vader and tf are fast enough to go before all enemy htsvI face. I spread tl to the other two ships before the taunt goes up and then call fives in for an aoe that most of the time takes out at least one of the others.

Then I focus on ht when its 4 v 2 or 4 v 3 for the win. And by focus I mean use two or three attacks to kill it.

Fair enough...sounds like your ta and tf are well developed and it's good you are having success against ht.....on offense I would kill ta or tf on opening salvo but on defense obviously the AI may not do that lol...so yes good job finding a good counter and really the only point I'm trying to make is winning and holding become 100% easier with a maxed ht than without him...having said that, happy hunting!
  • Options

Fair enough...sounds like your ta and tf are well developed and it's good you are having success against ht.....on offense I would kill ta or tf on opening salvo but on defense obviously the AI may not do that lol...so yes good job finding a good counter and really the only point I'm trying to make is winning and holding become 100% easier with a maxed ht than without him...having said that, happy hunting!

I agree with you. I use a 4 star ht instead of biggs now as my 3rd. It absorbs dmg better, though the taunt takes a little longer to get off. And I am farming it to 7 star now. So I agree it is a good ship to use. Just not unbeatable.

And I take 1st about everyday unless the other guy that seems to have the same payout as me snipes me when I'm not paying attention or don't habe enough battles to take it back. Happened the other day and got 2nd. Wasn't worth 50 crystals to refresh and get 25.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

I agree with you. I use a 4 star ht instead of biggs now as my 3rd. It absorbs dmg better, though the taunt takes a little longer to get off. And I am farming it to 7 star now. So I agree it is a good ship to use. Just not unbeatable.

And I take 1st about everyday unless the other guy that seems to have the same payout as me snipes me when I'm not paying attention or don't habe enough battles to take it back. Happened the other day and got 2nd. Wasn't worth 50 crystals to refresh and get 25.

Yeah not much difference between 1st and 2nd lol.....I also found sith assassin can be an effective ship against ht but mine isn't leveled enough to justify a spot in my lineup...haven't needed to worry about it yet. And I do use the same setup as you more or less when I do go after a ht but I use ahsoka as well