Title Update 14 12/4/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• There appears to be a bug associated with Traya cleanse after new update. 0gn4nzxeb20m.png
    Sion should only taunt when someone has pain. He is clearly taunting on Nihilus' turn. There were other similar scenarios where my sith (who were not isolated) were not being cleansed properly. @CS_SBCrumb
  • Therion
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    If there is no fleet combat in Grand Arena, does that mean the matchmaking will only consider character gp? I have a higher ship to character gp ratio than a lot of people. Even if it goes by character gp I'll still be at a disadvantage due to the characters I've geared who are only worthwhile as crew members, but if matchmaking uses total gp it will really hurt.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    why not move to next phase after win or lose? like in tb: what's the point in waiting when all stars are done including all members have done special mission?

@Rottweiler666 this isn't like TB content, it's like TW content. You may have done all your battles in the first hour, but you have to wait for me to do mine too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ajh6037 wrote: »
    There appears to be a bug associated with Traya cleanse after new update. 0gn4nzxeb20m.png
    Sion should only taunt when someone has pain. He is clearly taunting on Nihilus' turn. There were other similar scenarios where my sith (who were not isolated) were not being cleansed properly. @CS_SBCrumb

Maybe he had it at the start of his turn, so Sion taunts, then buffs are removed via Traya's lead?
  • What are the quests for the three raid rewards characters? I don't want to get into one without knowing what it takes
  • ajh6037
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    ajh6037 wrote: »
    There appears to be a bug associated with Traya cleanse after new update. 0gn4nzxeb20m.png

Maybe he had it at the start of his turn, so Sion taunts, then buffs are removed via Traya's lead?

There were other instances as well where debuffs were not appearing to be properly cleansed. I am finished with arena for today, but will see if I can capture others to show.

But, I have never had issues with this in the past. I.e. DN had debuffs, all were cleansed at the start of turn, Sion did not have taunt prior.

• CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    Traya is cleansing Pain from Sith allies at the start of their turn due to her Unique Ability. The enemy Sion is triggering taunt at the same time at pain is cleansed. Your Sith ally had Pain at the start of their turn but it would be very hard to see visually since it happens almost instantly.
    43ovr4ewsxdo.png
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Traya is cleansing Pain from Sith allies at the start of their turn due to her Unique Ability. The enemy Sion is triggering taunt at the same time at pain is cleansed. Your Sith ally had Pain at the start of their turn but it would be very hard to see visually since it happens almost instantly.
    43ovr4ewsxdo.png

This is how I always thought it should work. But up until recently it hasn’t worked this way. Did that just change today?
  • My major question is why does the tie go to the player with higher GP?
    Logic would have it that the player with the lower GP played better if he/she tied the higher GP player, so they should get the win. Don't give it to the one who started with an advantage.
  • Silverwing6
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    43ovr4ewsxdo.png

This is how I always thought it should work. But up until recently it hasn’t worked this way. Did that just change today?

It appears that way. I just fought my first post-update arena battle and I had the same thing. Now my cleansed sith still face a taunting Sion. This is a game-changer for Traya v Traya matches. Sion is so much more valuable now.
    43ovr4ewsxdo.png

Nothing was changed directly and I do not believe any of the other changes would have impacted Sion's Taunt but I'm checking with the team to make sure
  • My major question is why does the tie go to the player with higher GP?
    Logic would have it that the player with the lower GP played better if he/she tied the higher GP player, so they should get the win. Don't give it to the one who started with an advantage.

Interesting that you called their logic into question. Let's say you've spent millions of dollars to develop a game called Stellar Battles: Competition of Champions. In this game, you earn money by players buying and acquiring characters and gear on their way to the top. Logically, would you want to provide incentive for the players to have more or less of these items?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    New content! yay!

Still, 3v3 sounds like the perfect matchup for just putting the Trio on defence and never losing? The trio could beat the meta even against 5... heh.

Need more 3v3 based toons :D

Looks all interesting, just wish the matchmaking was based more then on GP.
    43ovr4ewsxdo.png

It appears that way. I just fought my first post-update arena battle and I had the same thing. Now my cleansed sith still face a taunting Sion. This is a game-changer for Traya v Traya matches. Sion is so much more valuable now.

This is a definite change from previous behaviour if it's the case. Can we get a confirmation if Sion is keeping his 100% defence and 100% tenacity as well as the taunt?
  • TaliWhacker
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb

Surely you are aware of how guilds skirt GP matchmaking by leaving out a member, giving them a more favorable matchup. Are the new matchmaking rules going to end this exploit of the system?

Second, GP seems an unbalanced manner to gauge opponents because you can have an even number of GP and highly uneven matchup of teams. For instance, I was in a 130gp guild that could not clear phase 1 of the HSTR. Guilds with significantly less GP now clear this raid because their rosters are tailored for it. 3mil Vs 3mil is NOT necessarily an even match up. How has this extremely obvious issue been addressed in matchmaking? Or is the “win count” supposed to handle that? Do “win counts” carry over to future events so more powerful 3mil accounts face higher GP opponents, or 3mil accounts which land in their win count range?

This is important because winning always means better rewards, and 3mil GP whales should not get to face 3mil GP FTPs if the rosters are not actually even. Such a case would just throw it back into the tournament debacle.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb

Surely you are aware of how guilds skirt GP matchmaking by leaving out a member, giving them a more favorable matchup. Are the new matchmaking rules going to end this exploit of the system?

Second, GP seems an unbalanced manner to gauge opponents because you can have an even number of GP and highly uneven matchup of teams. For instance, I was in a 130gp guild that could not clear phase 1 of the HSTR. Guilds with significantly less GP now clear this raid because their rosters are tailored for it. 3mil Vs 3mil is NOT necessarily an even match up. How has this extremely obvious issue been addressed in matchmaking? Or is the “win count” supposed to handle that? Do “win counts” carry over to future events so more powerful 3mil accounts face higher GP opponents, or 3mil accounts which land in their win count range?

This is important because winning always means better rewards, and 3mil GP whales should not get to face 3mil GP FTPs if the rosters are not actually even. Such a case would just throw it back into the tournament debacle.

No indication W/L lose carries over. The matchmaking only depends on GP unfortunately. What a lack of foresight...
  • I could care less about titles. I do not like the game dictating what chars I have to get to gear 12. I said pass to this a long time ago.
  • Getting burnt out on the teasers kinda, loot boxes, gotta wait its getting to the point I don't pay attention anymore. Didnt follow the C3P0 stuff this time either, it was fun at first now its kinda old. BUT shout out to those that still enjoy and take the time to decipher it, it's much appreciated just burnt out on forums stuff.
  • Grand Arena Question:
    Will the gear reward vary over time? Currently have mk5 droid callers as gear reward.
    Any one have different variation of gear rewards?
    We will have more to say about the rewards for first event later this week but in general the structure and rewards for Grand Arena events may change in the future
  • Sev74907
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb I know that this update is being worked on to be pushed out. Is there an approximate ETA? Just curious as I'm climbing for my arena payout and want to time my battles properly around the update. Thank you for your hard work sir!
    Post edited by Sev74907 on
  • When is the update going for iOS ?
  • No update for android east coast yet fyi
  • iOS update is up now
  • On ios now mtn time
  • SkiaRyder wrote: »
    No update for android east coast yet fyi

Same on west coast
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Gorem wrote: »
    New content! yay!

Still, 3v3 sounds like the perfect matchup for just putting the Trio on defence and never losing? The trio could beat the meta even against 5... heh.

Need more 3v3 based toons :D

Looks all interesting, just wish the matchmaking was based more then on GP.
    Can't wait for the eventual Squad Reinforcements

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Grand Arena Question:
    Will the gear reward vary over time? Currently have mk5 droid callers as gear reward.
    Any one have different variation of gear rewards?
    We will have more to say about the rewards for first event later this week but in general the structure and rewards for Grand Arena events may change in the future
    Just like the weekly shipments

giphy.gif
  • ah yes because every game needs some **** team based mode where you can work with garbage humans garbage update as usual
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    ah yes because every game needs some **** team based mode where you can work with garbage humans garbage update as usual

What? You aren't working with anybody. This is a purely competitive game mode.
  • Yay gear salvage rewards, i mean i didnt spend ages maxing my scoundrels for the event you get such rewards only for you to release a new feature which lets people win it for pvp....