GP Matchmaking & “Fluff”

Replies

  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

    This isn't completely accurate. Back when Territory Bore was announced, many of us took all of our trash toons (of which there are many) and leveled them to 85, geared them to 8, and slapped on mods in order to help increase GP for the game mode and help out our guilds.

    Did this act impede our ability to construct a "competitive" roster? I'd argue no, not really. Credits at the top end of the game are plentiful, so the amount spent leveling trash to 85 was not preventing us from from leveling a useful toon to 85. Likewise, gear needed to get toons to level 8 is readily available as side junk from bronziums and more developed gear farms. And of course, we put our cruddy extra mods on these toons. Would we have 1-2 more g12 toons if we had not done these actions? Probably. Would we have 20? No way.

    Yet, what this selfless team oriented action did was artificially inflate our GP and penalize us in both TW and now GA due to poor matchmaking that looks more or less solely at GP.

    Also, keep in mind that TB came before either of these two new modes, so the actions we took that inflated GP occurred BEFORE we could have know about negative ramifications for doing so. In other words, while you maintain a choice for roster development was involved, I'm stating there was no choice whatsoever.

    What really needs to happen is matchmaking needs to be made based on numbers of toons at various gear levels as opposed to GP.

    I'm Sorry, But this argument is CRAP. Since wayyy before there was TB, TW, yadda yadda, We were told to improve your roster, you have to be selective about what you spend your resources on. So, there are some of us who only gear up toons or factions when we have the resources to do so.

    If you think about it, you actually gain MORE points for TW if you actually finish all rounds (especially during the 6th phase) than you would if you "artificially inflate" your GP by leveling up toons to 85 and gear VIII. So if you worked on factions to do well in TB, then you had a great base to start with once TW started. And now the same for GA.

    So yes, the best thing to do is farm toons to 7* but dont Gear or lvl them up until you are ready to take them up to gear XII. Otherwise, you get these whiny posts.

    So in other words, don't actually play the game until you can absolutely max out a single toon?

    Here's the thing about your comment on "managing resources", the resources needed to level, star, mod, and minimally gear up toons do not need to be "managed" because they're in abundance for long-term players.

    Which brings us to the challenge of Grand Arena matchmaking based on GP, long-term players brought a lot of toons to G8, G9, or even G11 for a variety of reasons. Mod Challenges, events, generally fluffing, but the main reason for G11 is that it was the max gear level for toons. Then, with the release of G12 and new toons, you have a roster filled with toons that aren't relevant to PvP, but are decently geared simply because you've played for a long-time. Your GP is high, but your Grand Arena viability is low relative to a comparable GP, new whale. Basically this game design alienates long-term players relative to brand new whales.

    And this isn't a free game. People have invested time, money, or both into this game with the expectation that you wouldn't be penalized for allocating resources.

    I'm not saying I'm entitled to win because I've played for a long time. I simply want to walk into a game mode where the outcome isn't guaranteed one way or the other. I don't have fun annihilating my opponent and I don't have fun being annihilated. So I have provided constructive feedback on ways to improve matchmaking.

    Absolutely false..... Have you farmed the useless vets for rjt yet?..... I guarantee you will be woefully short of 20 a piece purple gear to get g8.... Especially if you are building up your fluff garbage toons.....

    Folks wanking about "helping their guild" with their crappy inflated lineups should take a step back.....

    How well do you do in tb combat missions?

    How much do you contribute to raids?

    Is your inflated gp hurting your guild in TW?

    Dude. I’ve already provided you my roster for review. Start participating like an adult or go away.

    Here it is. Again. Don’t lose it. https://swgoh.gg/p/959311831/

    I'm not going to keep your roster on speed dial, but thanks... I was simply pointing out that not all of the gear to get to G8 is worthless or "in abundance" as you said..... Do try and keep up....
  • We have to remember that there are 2 kinds of "fluff".
    1. throwing low level gear, abilities, and leveling up Toons for the sake of inflating GP
    2. Toons that we all once relied on as part of our Primary team(s) until we unlocked better ones. Mine are CW Chewie, Lumi, NS Acolyte, IG-86, etc...I'm sure other people have other examples.

    Here are my crazy ideas, that might solve the problem of "fluff" for GA...and possibly for later stuff.

    -in TB, make the deployment value of the Toons used for Combat be worth 3X, the ones in Platoons 2X, and the ones you dump afterwards as is.
    -or make TB bigger with more Combat missions, so that you have to fight with more than just 4-6 teams.
    -allow people to reset any Toon's Abilities and Gear if less than Level 51 (keep Star counts as is)...currently the only way to keep more Mods in inventory is if Toons are at Level 50.
    -if that's not allowed, increase the players' Mods inventory capacity
    -rework old Toons to make them viable or useful in more than one aspect of the game. Give people an incentive to gear up those Toons further, make that game so that there shouldn't be any reason for anyone to say "I don't use that Toon anymore anywhere."

    Craziest idea:
    -eliminate the mid-level Gear crunch, but keep that Gear 10, 11, 12 gear crunch. That way more Toons can be Gear 9/10. Specifically MK3 Holo, MK3 Carbanti, and MK4 Keypad. Imagine a lot of players using high gear with powerful Mods on Lobot, or Eeth Koth, or B2 Battle Droid, or CUP, or Geo Spy, or Lando, or JKG, etc in TB and TW and GA.
    Rule #55: "The riskier the road, the greater the profit."
    Rule #214: "Never begin a business transaction on an empty stomach."
    Rule #255: "A wife is a luxury, a smart accountant a necessity."

    Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

    This isn't completely accurate. Back when Territory Bore was announced, many of us took all of our trash toons (of which there are many) and leveled them to 85, geared them to 8, and slapped on mods in order to help increase GP for the game mode and help out our guilds.

    Did this act impede our ability to construct a "competitive" roster? I'd argue no, not really. Credits at the top end of the game are plentiful, so the amount spent leveling trash to 85 was not preventing us from from leveling a useful toon to 85. Likewise, gear needed to get toons to level 8 is readily available as side junk from bronziums and more developed gear farms. And of course, we put our cruddy extra mods on these toons. Would we have 1-2 more g12 toons if we had not done these actions? Probably. Would we have 20? No way.

    Yet, what this selfless team oriented action did was artificially inflate our GP and penalize us in both TW and now GA due to poor matchmaking that looks more or less solely at GP.

    Also, keep in mind that TB came before either of these two new modes, so the actions we took that inflated GP occurred BEFORE we could have know about negative ramifications for doing so. In other words, while you maintain a choice for roster development was involved, I'm stating there was no choice whatsoever.

    What really needs to happen is matchmaking needs to be made based on numbers of toons at various gear levels as opposed to GP.

    I'm Sorry, But this argument is CRAP. Since wayyy before there was TB, TW, yadda yadda, We were told to improve your roster, you have to be selective about what you spend your resources on. So, there are some of us who only gear up toons or factions when we have the resources to do so.

    If you think about it, you actually gain MORE points for TW if you actually finish all rounds (especially during the 6th phase) than you would if you "artificially inflate" your GP by leveling up toons to 85 and gear VIII. So if you worked on factions to do well in TB, then you had a great base to start with once TW started. And now the same for GA.

    So yes, the best thing to do is farm toons to 7* but dont Gear or lvl them up until you are ready to take them up to gear XII. Otherwise, you get these whiny posts.

    So in other words, don't actually play the game until you can absolutely max out a single toon?

    Here's the thing about your comment on "managing resources", the resources needed to level, star, mod, and minimally gear up toons do not need to be "managed" because they're in abundance for long-term players.

    Which brings us to the challenge of Grand Arena matchmaking based on GP, long-term players brought a lot of toons to G8, G9, or even G11 for a variety of reasons. Mod Challenges, events, generally fluffing, but the main reason for G11 is that it was the max gear level for toons. Then, with the release of G12 and new toons, you have a roster filled with toons that aren't relevant to PvP, but are decently geared simply because you've played for a long-time. Your GP is high, but your Grand Arena viability is low relative to a comparable GP, new whale. Basically this game design alienates long-term players relative to brand new whales.

    And this isn't a free game. People have invested time, money, or both into this game with the expectation that you wouldn't be penalized for allocating resources.

    I'm not saying I'm entitled to win because I've played for a long time. I simply want to walk into a game mode where the outcome isn't guaranteed one way or the other. I don't have fun annihilating my opponent and I don't have fun being annihilated. So I have provided constructive feedback on ways to improve matchmaking.

    Absolutely false..... Have you farmed the useless vets for rjt yet?..... I guarantee you will be woefully short of 20 a piece purple gear to get g8.... Especially if you are building up your fluff garbage toons.....

    Folks wanking about "helping their guild" with their crappy inflated lineups should take a step back.....

    How well do you do in tb combat missions?

    How much do you contribute to raids?

    Is your inflated gp hurting your guild in TW?

    Dude. I’ve already provided you my roster for review. Start participating like an adult or go away.

    Here it is. Again. Don’t lose it. https://swgoh.gg/p/959311831/

    I'm not going to keep your roster on speed dial, but thanks... I was simply pointing out that not all of the gear to get to G8 is worthless or "in abundance" as you said..... Do try and keep up....

    You expect him to keep posting his roster though? Lol

    You do ignore that it's pretty easy to do for longtime players. Sure there are a handful of characters that need carbanatis but you run into other bottlenecks of gear even if you had unlimited carbanatis. Very small impact for my overall roster progression. Level 80, gear VIII is my floor for all characters and I generally keep them there until I decide to take them to gear XI or XII. However, given the new game mode I'm choosing to not activate new characters until there is a clear need.

    For the record I did really well this first GA, just in case you try making a point out of doing poorly because of this.
  • Here's my problem with Fluff. Which by the way, I have a lot of Fluff.

    Way back in the day, before all these crazy kits came out, in GW you could use your "Fluff" to weaken squads fairly well and actually finish then off after you've thrown enough Fluff at them.
    However now, with all these hyper recovery kits and inpenetrable walls, the fluff is straight up useless. You could at least get the enemy protection down but when protection recovery became a thing, any characters below the meta Gear level are rendered useless for against most teams.

    I used to be able to use my fluff to wear down Phasma lead teams, or HK teams. Even old Sith teams and Empire. But with Treya, CLS, BB8, Nest, Chewie, Bastilla, Bossk, any fluff just gives them health back instead of being useful.
  • Tanzos wrote: »
    Here's my problem with Fluff. Which by the way, I have a lot of Fluff.

    Way back in the day, before all these crazy kits came out, in GW you could use your "Fluff" to weaken squads fairly well and actually finish then off after you've thrown enough Fluff at them.
    However now, with all these hyper recovery kits and inpenetrable walls, the fluff is straight up useless. You could at least get the enemy protection down but when protection recovery became a thing, any characters below the meta Gear level are rendered useless for against most teams.

    I used to be able to use my fluff to wear down Phasma lead teams, or HK teams. Even old Sith teams and Empire. But with Treya, CLS, BB8, Nest, Chewie, Bastilla, Bossk, any fluff just gives them health back instead of being useful.

    The funny part is they "fixed" this issue near the beginning of the game by adding protection because it couldn't be regenerated. Aka post nerf Barris and the rest of healers.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I'm focused on getting the most return for my resources. I can take #1 in fleet and arena at will, and I'm top 3-5 in every raid. I have a couple good teams and several more who are geared enough for the legendaries I farmed them to unlock. Some of those (i.e. First Order) I'll circle back to after I have more important STR teams fine.

    My one complaint about Grand Arena is that I've been matched both times against players whose GP is based almost entirely on characters while half of mine is from ships. I've been playing just under 7 months, and this is the first time I've regretted having a relatively deep ship roster.


    You take 1 in fleets every day so that’s 400 crystals a day and 12,000 a month solely from ships. If that investment costs you a few droid caller salvage in this matchmaking a few times a month, I’ve got some great news for you...

    You can buy almost 9 full prototypes with all those crystals.

    How many times does somebody have to say it’s not about the rewards, it’s about the quality of the competition?

    Isn’t someone concentrating on ships making a conscious choice to be more competitive there to the detriment of other areas of the game?

    We’ve all made thousands of decisions about where to place our resources in this game. There are literally an infinite amount of progression trees to be made by hundreds of thousands of players. GP is a measure of the number of resources that have been placed in your account. It’s not the only measure but it’s a decent one.

    Also they’ve said ships are coming to GA, so that aspect of your roster will be tested against others.

    So he can get a matchup he can’t win in squads and a matchup he can’t lose in fleet? How is that fun?

    It is going to be a tournament style event with winners vs winners and losers vs losers... the competitiveness will sharpen itself going forward.

    People keep saying this, but it’s wrong. It will get better for the duration of one three-round event, and then revert to the pure GP matchmaking we’ve just seen. If you have seen the devs say anything to the contrary, please enlighten me.

    Look, this is a literally a competition to find out who is the best PvP player in the game. You will not play the same person twice and will get literally hundreds of matchups before a winner or group of winners is declared. Everyone else will lose.


    I am pretty sure this is not true.

    we have not seen anything saying that matchmaking will not be random at the start of each event. which will be 8 players randomly grouped. after that yes, rounds 2 and 3 will be record driven.

    In one of the announcements they said you wouldn’t play the same person twice.

    You won't play the same person twice within the same GA event.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

    This isn't completely accurate. Back when Territory Bore was announced, many of us took all of our trash toons (of which there are many) and leveled them to 85, geared them to 8, and slapped on mods in order to help increase GP for the game mode and help out our guilds.

    Did this act impede our ability to construct a "competitive" roster? I'd argue no, not really. Credits at the top end of the game are plentiful, so the amount spent leveling trash to 85 was not preventing us from from leveling a useful toon to 85. Likewise, gear needed to get toons to level 8 is readily available as side junk from bronziums and more developed gear farms. And of course, we put our cruddy extra mods on these toons. Would we have 1-2 more g12 toons if we had not done these actions? Probably. Would we have 20? No way.

    Yet, what this selfless team oriented action did was artificially inflate our GP and penalize us in both TW and now GA due to poor matchmaking that looks more or less solely at GP.

    Also, keep in mind that TB came before either of these two new modes, so the actions we took that inflated GP occurred BEFORE we could have know about negative ramifications for doing so. In other words, while you maintain a choice for roster development was involved, I'm stating there was no choice whatsoever.

    What really needs to happen is matchmaking needs to be made based on numbers of toons at various gear levels as opposed to GP.

    I'm Sorry, But this argument is CRAP. Since wayyy before there was TB, TW, yadda yadda, We were told to improve your roster, you have to be selective about what you spend your resources on. So, there are some of us who only gear up toons or factions when we have the resources to do so.

    If you think about it, you actually gain MORE points for TW if you actually finish all rounds (especially during the 6th phase) than you would if you "artificially inflate" your GP by leveling up toons to 85 and gear VIII. So if you worked on factions to do well in TB, then you had a great base to start with once TW started. And now the same for GA.

    So yes, the best thing to do is farm toons to 7* but dont Gear or lvl them up until you are ready to take them up to gear XII. Otherwise, you get these whiny posts.

    So in other words, don't actually play the game until you can absolutely max out a single toon?

    Here's the thing about your comment on "managing resources", the resources needed to level, star, mod, and minimally gear up toons do not need to be "managed" because they're in abundance for long-term players.

    Which brings us to the challenge of Grand Arena matchmaking based on GP, long-term players brought a lot of toons to G8, G9, or even G11 for a variety of reasons. Mod Challenges, events, generally fluffing, but the main reason for G11 is that it was the max gear level for toons. Then, with the release of G12 and new toons, you have a roster filled with toons that aren't relevant to PvP, but are decently geared simply because you've played for a long-time. Your GP is high, but your Grand Arena viability is low relative to a comparable GP, new whale. Basically this game design alienates long-term players relative to brand new whales.

    And this isn't a free game. People have invested time, money, or both into this game with the expectation that you wouldn't be penalized for allocating resources.

    I'm not saying I'm entitled to win because I've played for a long time. I simply want to walk into a game mode where the outcome isn't guaranteed one way or the other. I don't have fun annihilating my opponent and I don't have fun being annihilated. So I have provided constructive feedback on ways to improve matchmaking.

    Absolutely false..... Have you farmed the useless vets for rjt yet?..... I guarantee you will be woefully short of 20 a piece purple gear to get g8.... Especially if you are building up your fluff garbage toons.....

    Folks wanking about "helping their guild" with their crappy inflated lineups should take a step back.....

    How well do you do in tb combat missions?

    How much do you contribute to raids?

    Is your inflated gp hurting your guild in TW?

    Dude. I’ve already provided you my roster for review. Start participating like an adult or go away.

    Here it is. Again. Don’t lose it. https://swgoh.gg/p/959311831/

    I'm not going to keep your roster on speed dial, but thanks... I was simply pointing out that not all of the gear to get to G8 is worthless or "in abundance" as you said..... Do try and keep up....

    Trolls gonna troll.

    Bottom line. Your argument has been disproved over and over and over again. Gear required to get from G7 -> G8 does not overlap with the gear needed to get from G11 -> G12. And in the rare instances that it does, guess what, I leave a toon at G7. The gear crunch at G11 -> G12 are stun guns/cuffs, bacta gel, callers, implants, and other yellow gear. Not sure what toons you're gearing with this stuff to move from G7 to G8. Guess you just have magic toons no one else has seen.

    be blessed.
  • We have to remember that there are 2 kinds of "fluff".
    1. throwing low level gear, abilities, and leveling up Toons for the sake of inflating GP
    2. Toons that we all once relied on as part of our Primary team(s) until we unlocked better ones. Mine are CW Chewie, Lumi, NS Acolyte, IG-86, etc...I'm sure other people have other examples.

    Here are my crazy ideas, that might solve the problem of "fluff" for GA...and possibly for later stuff.

    -in TB, make the deployment value of the Toons used for Combat be worth 3X, the ones in Platoons 2X, and the ones you dump afterwards as is.
    -or make TB bigger with more Combat missions, so that you have to fight with more than just 4-6 teams.
    -allow people to reset any Toon's Abilities and Gear if less than Level 51 (keep Star counts as is)...currently the only way to keep more Mods in inventory is if Toons are at Level 50.
    -if that's not allowed, increase the players' Mods inventory capacity
    -rework old Toons to make them viable or useful in more than one aspect of the game. Give people an incentive to gear up those Toons further, make that game so that there shouldn't be any reason for anyone to say "I don't use that Toon anymore anywhere."

    Craziest idea:
    -eliminate the mid-level Gear crunch, but keep that Gear 10, 11, 12 gear crunch. That way more Toons can be Gear 9/10. Specifically MK3 Holo, MK3 Carbanti, and MK4 Keypad. Imagine a lot of players using high gear with powerful Mods on Lobot, or Eeth Koth, or B2 Battle Droid, or CUP, or Geo Spy, or Lando, or JKG, etc in TB and TW and GA.

    I don't think it has to be this complicated. I wish I could export the data so I could run a regression analysis, but my strong hunch is that there is some multicollinearity in the factors they use to measure GP.

    The way I look at it, level unlocks gear tiers up to G11 and 7* unlocks G12, which subsequently unlocks both G12+ and 6* mods. So if you're measuring all those factors independently and jumbling them together, you don't get a good sense of the "area readiness" of the player.

    My solution:
    Measure it based on a weighted gear tiers and ability tiers only.

    Remove mods from calculation - this GP measure allows for players to manipulate GP by removing them on low gear toons before matchmaking. 6* mods are only available to G12 toons, so you've already factored in the strength of the toon based on gear level and people aren't removing mods from those toons. PLUS you introduce a component of real resource management. Is this player still using guild currency to increase gear, or upgrade mods? my position is that someone not upgrading Mods SHOULD be at a disadvantage in PvP. This incentivizes a player to change behavior if they want to compete better in GA.

    Remove Stars from calculation - farming shards is the foundation of this game. People take joy in moving a character from 3 to 7*. Don't penalize people in grand arena matchmaking for starring up a character. You've already seen in the forums that people artificially depress their GP by not starring up a toon they don't plan to use. That's crazy to me. The game created a disincentive to progress a toon and an artificial advantage.

    Remove Level from calculation - again, players should not be penalized for leveling up a character and since gear tiers are unlocked by leveling up a character, you're already capturing the true strength of each toon by measuring it on gear only.

    TL;DR - For Grand Arena and TW simply measure GP on gear level and ability level (they already have a weighted point scale). It's not perfect, but it doesn't need to be. I don't think anyone is advocating for a perfect match-up, just more equitable match-ups.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

    This isn't completely accurate. Back when Territory Bore was announced, many of us took all of our trash toons (of which there are many) and leveled them to 85, geared them to 8, and slapped on mods in order to help increase GP for the game mode and help out our guilds.

    Did this act impede our ability to construct a "competitive" roster? I'd argue no, not really. Credits at the top end of the game are plentiful, so the amount spent leveling trash to 85 was not preventing us from from leveling a useful toon to 85. Likewise, gear needed to get toons to level 8 is readily available as side junk from bronziums and more developed gear farms. And of course, we put our cruddy extra mods on these toons. Would we have 1-2 more g12 toons if we had not done these actions? Probably. Would we have 20? No way.

    Yet, what this selfless team oriented action did was artificially inflate our GP and penalize us in both TW and now GA due to poor matchmaking that looks more or less solely at GP.

    Also, keep in mind that TB came before either of these two new modes, so the actions we took that inflated GP occurred BEFORE we could have know about negative ramifications for doing so. In other words, while you maintain a choice for roster development was involved, I'm stating there was no choice whatsoever.

    What really needs to happen is matchmaking needs to be made based on numbers of toons at various gear levels as opposed to GP.

    I'm Sorry, But this argument is CRAP. Since wayyy before there was TB, TW, yadda yadda, We were told to improve your roster, you have to be selective about what you spend your resources on. So, there are some of us who only gear up toons or factions when we have the resources to do so.

    If you think about it, you actually gain MORE points for TW if you actually finish all rounds (especially during the 6th phase) than you would if you "artificially inflate" your GP by leveling up toons to 85 and gear VIII. So if you worked on factions to do well in TB, then you had a great base to start with once TW started. And now the same for GA.

    So yes, the best thing to do is farm toons to 7* but dont Gear or lvl them up until you are ready to take them up to gear XII. Otherwise, you get these whiny posts.

    So in other words, don't actually play the game until you can absolutely max out a single toon?

    Here's the thing about your comment on "managing resources", the resources needed to level, star, mod, and minimally gear up toons do not need to be "managed" because they're in abundance for long-term players.

    Which brings us to the challenge of Grand Arena matchmaking based on GP, long-term players brought a lot of toons to G8, G9, or even G11 for a variety of reasons. Mod Challenges, events, generally fluffing, but the main reason for G11 is that it was the max gear level for toons. Then, with the release of G12 and new toons, you have a roster filled with toons that aren't relevant to PvP, but are decently geared simply because you've played for a long-time. Your GP is high, but your Grand Arena viability is low relative to a comparable GP, new whale. Basically this game design alienates long-term players relative to brand new whales.

    And this isn't a free game. People have invested time, money, or both into this game with the expectation that you wouldn't be penalized for allocating resources.

    I'm not saying I'm entitled to win because I've played for a long time. I simply want to walk into a game mode where the outcome isn't guaranteed one way or the other. I don't have fun annihilating my opponent and I don't have fun being annihilated. So I have provided constructive feedback on ways to improve matchmaking.

    Absolutely false..... Have you farmed the useless vets for rjt yet?..... I guarantee you will be woefully short of 20 a piece purple gear to get g8.... Especially if you are building up your fluff garbage toons.....

    Folks wanking about "helping their guild" with their crappy inflated lineups should take a step back.....

    How well do you do in tb combat missions?

    How much do you contribute to raids?

    Is your inflated gp hurting your guild in TW?

    Dude. I’ve already provided you my roster for review. Start participating like an adult or go away.

    Here it is. Again. Don’t lose it. https://swgoh.gg/p/959311831/

    I'm not going to keep your roster on speed dial, but thanks... I was simply pointing out that not all of the gear to get to G8 is worthless or "in abundance" as you said..... Do try and keep up....

    Trolls gonna troll.

    Bottom line. Your argument has been disproved over and over and over again. Gear required to get from G7 -> G8 does not overlap with the gear needed to get from G11 -> G12. And in the rare instances that it does, guess what, I leave a toon at G7. The gear crunch at G11 -> G12 are stun guns/cuffs, bacta gel, callers, implants, and other yellow gear. Not sure what toons you're gearing with this stuff to move from G7 to G8. Guess you just have magic toons no one else has seen.

    be blessed.

    Lol.... Nobody is trolling here.. Does the gear ever overlap or not? Can you really tell me you have tons of extra purple holo lenses, lower level droid callers etc? You literally get your toons from g7 to g8 without farming anything?

    No need to be salty dude.... It's just a game....
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

    This isn't completely accurate. Back when Territory Bore was announced, many of us took all of our trash toons (of which there are many) and leveled them to 85, geared them to 8, and slapped on mods in order to help increase GP for the game mode and help out our guilds.

    Did this act impede our ability to construct a "competitive" roster? I'd argue no, not really. Credits at the top end of the game are plentiful, so the amount spent leveling trash to 85 was not preventing us from from leveling a useful toon to 85. Likewise, gear needed to get toons to level 8 is readily available as side junk from bronziums and more developed gear farms. And of course, we put our cruddy extra mods on these toons. Would we have 1-2 more g12 toons if we had not done these actions? Probably. Would we have 20? No way.

    Yet, what this selfless team oriented action did was artificially inflate our GP and penalize us in both TW and now GA due to poor matchmaking that looks more or less solely at GP.

    Also, keep in mind that TB came before either of these two new modes, so the actions we took that inflated GP occurred BEFORE we could have know about negative ramifications for doing so. In other words, while you maintain a choice for roster development was involved, I'm stating there was no choice whatsoever.

    What really needs to happen is matchmaking needs to be made based on numbers of toons at various gear levels as opposed to GP.

    I'm Sorry, But this argument is CRAP. Since wayyy before there was TB, TW, yadda yadda, We were told to improve your roster, you have to be selective about what you spend your resources on. So, there are some of us who only gear up toons or factions when we have the resources to do so.

    If you think about it, you actually gain MORE points for TW if you actually finish all rounds (especially during the 6th phase) than you would if you "artificially inflate" your GP by leveling up toons to 85 and gear VIII. So if you worked on factions to do well in TB, then you had a great base to start with once TW started. And now the same for GA.

    So yes, the best thing to do is farm toons to 7* but dont Gear or lvl them up until you are ready to take them up to gear XII. Otherwise, you get these whiny posts.

    So in other words, don't actually play the game until you can absolutely max out a single toon?

    Here's the thing about your comment on "managing resources", the resources needed to level, star, mod, and minimally gear up toons do not need to be "managed" because they're in abundance for long-term players.

    Which brings us to the challenge of Grand Arena matchmaking based on GP, long-term players brought a lot of toons to G8, G9, or even G11 for a variety of reasons. Mod Challenges, events, generally fluffing, but the main reason for G11 is that it was the max gear level for toons. Then, with the release of G12 and new toons, you have a roster filled with toons that aren't relevant to PvP, but are decently geared simply because you've played for a long-time. Your GP is high, but your Grand Arena viability is low relative to a comparable GP, new whale. Basically this game design alienates long-term players relative to brand new whales.

    And this isn't a free game. People have invested time, money, or both into this game with the expectation that you wouldn't be penalized for allocating resources.

    I'm not saying I'm entitled to win because I've played for a long time. I simply want to walk into a game mode where the outcome isn't guaranteed one way or the other. I don't have fun annihilating my opponent and I don't have fun being annihilated. So I have provided constructive feedback on ways to improve matchmaking.

    Absolutely false..... Have you farmed the useless vets for rjt yet?..... I guarantee you will be woefully short of 20 a piece purple gear to get g8.... Especially if you are building up your fluff garbage toons.....

    Folks wanking about "helping their guild" with their crappy inflated lineups should take a step back.....

    How well do you do in tb combat missions?

    How much do you contribute to raids?

    Is your inflated gp hurting your guild in TW?

    Dude. I’ve already provided you my roster for review. Start participating like an adult or go away.

    Here it is. Again. Don’t lose it. https://swgoh.gg/p/959311831/

    I'm not going to keep your roster on speed dial, but thanks... I was simply pointing out that not all of the gear to get to G8 is worthless or "in abundance" as you said..... Do try and keep up....

    Trolls gonna troll.

    Bottom line. Your argument has been disproved over and over and over again. Gear required to get from G7 -> G8 does not overlap with the gear needed to get from G11 -> G12. And in the rare instances that it does, guess what, I leave a toon at G7. The gear crunch at G11 -> G12 are stun guns/cuffs, bacta gel, callers, implants, and other yellow gear. Not sure what toons you're gearing with this stuff to move from G7 to G8. Guess you just have magic toons no one else has seen.

    be blessed.

    Lol.... Nobody is trolling here.. Does the gear ever overlap or not? Can you really tell me you have tons of extra purple holo lenses, lower level droid callers etc? You literally get your toons from g7 to g8 without farming anything?

    No need to be salty dude.... It's just a game....

    Don't worry. You'll progress far enough in the game that you understand what I'm saying. Eventually.

    Until then, let us... what did you refer to us as? "wankers"? Keep having an adult conversation.

    buh bye.

    PS - no more quips about my roster? shame.
  • I have gone up against opponents with 7* Traya, Revan and Chewy g12+5 ZZZzzs. I am out g12d 2-1. I have dont have Traya or Revan. So to help out the other plwhaler, I set D for Cup, mob, Ug and 3 level 1 ORs. Will not chase the new toons. Will not invest until they are FTP or like JTR on the 100th time of the event. This update was my least favorite. Grand Arwhalena isn't for me.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

    This isn't completely accurate. Back when Territory Bore was announced, many of us took all of our trash toons (of which there are many) and leveled them to 85, geared them to 8, and slapped on mods in order to help increase GP for the game mode and help out our guilds.

    Did this act impede our ability to construct a "competitive" roster? I'd argue no, not really. Credits at the top end of the game are plentiful, so the amount spent leveling trash to 85 was not preventing us from from leveling a useful toon to 85. Likewise, gear needed to get toons to level 8 is readily available as side junk from bronziums and more developed gear farms. And of course, we put our cruddy extra mods on these toons. Would we have 1-2 more g12 toons if we had not done these actions? Probably. Would we have 20? No way.

    Yet, what this selfless team oriented action did was artificially inflate our GP and penalize us in both TW and now GA due to poor matchmaking that looks more or less solely at GP.

    Also, keep in mind that TB came before either of these two new modes, so the actions we took that inflated GP occurred BEFORE we could have know about negative ramifications for doing so. In other words, while you maintain a choice for roster development was involved, I'm stating there was no choice whatsoever.

    What really needs to happen is matchmaking needs to be made based on numbers of toons at various gear levels as opposed to GP.

    I'm Sorry, But this argument is CRAP. Since wayyy before there was TB, TW, yadda yadda, We were told to improve your roster, you have to be selective about what you spend your resources on. So, there are some of us who only gear up toons or factions when we have the resources to do so.

    If you think about it, you actually gain MORE points for TW if you actually finish all rounds (especially during the 6th phase) than you would if you "artificially inflate" your GP by leveling up toons to 85 and gear VIII. So if you worked on factions to do well in TB, then you had a great base to start with once TW started. And now the same for GA.

    So yes, the best thing to do is farm toons to 7* but dont Gear or lvl them up until you are ready to take them up to gear XII. Otherwise, you get these whiny posts.

    So in other words, don't actually play the game until you can absolutely max out a single toon?

    Here's the thing about your comment on "managing resources", the resources needed to level, star, mod, and minimally gear up toons do not need to be "managed" because they're in abundance for long-term players.

    Which brings us to the challenge of Grand Arena matchmaking based on GP, long-term players brought a lot of toons to G8, G9, or even G11 for a variety of reasons. Mod Challenges, events, generally fluffing, but the main reason for G11 is that it was the max gear level for toons. Then, with the release of G12 and new toons, you have a roster filled with toons that aren't relevant to PvP, but are decently geared simply because you've played for a long-time. Your GP is high, but your Grand Arena viability is low relative to a comparable GP, new whale. Basically this game design alienates long-term players relative to brand new whales.

    And this isn't a free game. People have invested time, money, or both into this game with the expectation that you wouldn't be penalized for allocating resources.

    I'm not saying I'm entitled to win because I've played for a long time. I simply want to walk into a game mode where the outcome isn't guaranteed one way or the other. I don't have fun annihilating my opponent and I don't have fun being annihilated. So I have provided constructive feedback on ways to improve matchmaking.

    Absolutely false..... Have you farmed the useless vets for rjt yet?..... I guarantee you will be woefully short of 20 a piece purple gear to get g8.... Especially if you are building up your fluff garbage toons.....

    Folks wanking about "helping their guild" with their crappy inflated lineups should take a step back.....

    How well do you do in tb combat missions?

    How much do you contribute to raids?

    Is your inflated gp hurting your guild in TW?

    Dude. I’ve already provided you my roster for review. Start participating like an adult or go away.

    Here it is. Again. Don’t lose it. https://swgoh.gg/p/959311831/

    I'm not going to keep your roster on speed dial, but thanks... I was simply pointing out that not all of the gear to get to G8 is worthless or "in abundance" as you said..... Do try and keep up....

    Trolls gonna troll.

    Bottom line. Your argument has been disproved over and over and over again. Gear required to get from G7 -> G8 does not overlap with the gear needed to get from G11 -> G12. And in the rare instances that it does, guess what, I leave a toon at G7. The gear crunch at G11 -> G12 are stun guns/cuffs, bacta gel, callers, implants, and other yellow gear. Not sure what toons you're gearing with this stuff to move from G7 to G8. Guess you just have magic toons no one else has seen.

    be blessed.

    Lol.... Nobody is trolling here.. Does the gear ever overlap or not? Can you really tell me you have tons of extra purple holo lenses, lower level droid callers etc? You literally get your toons from g7 to g8 without farming anything?

    No need to be salty dude.... It's just a game....

    Don't worry. You'll progress far enough in the game that you understand what I'm saying. Eventually.

    Until then, let us... what did you refer to us as? "wankers"? Keep having an adult conversation.

    buh bye.

    Lol..... Never seen an "adult use the term "buy bye" before..... Anyhow, perhaps you could indulge me by taking a snapshot of how many mkIII scienar holo projectors you have?..... They are needed by tons of toons to get to G8..... That is the kind of stuff I am talking about.....

    4n337fdgzalb.jpg
  • I posted this in the mega thread, but I think it'd be a good idea to post here:

    Ok, I love the concept of the Grand Arena. The potential is amazing, where strategy is what will drive us to victory, not our wallets.
    However there is an issue I find with the matchmaking. I know it's been brought up before, but I'll also offer a solution.
    Matchmaking based off of the pure galactic power of players is not fair. In my case, I was matched with someone of nearly equal galactic power, except he had 57 Gear 11 and 12 characters while I have 14. I know, the way he built is roster is a more competitive roster for this game mode, grand arena and TW. I am trying to build my roster to be more tall than wide, gearing more characters to gear 12 than having a huge roster. That is something I can work on and plan to work on. However that doesn't fix the actual issue.
    First off, this preliminary match up did not include fleet battles, yet our fleet powers were calculated into this mix. My fleet is a lot stronger than the average player, so it wasn't fair for me to have my fleet galactic power calculated into the matchmaking when I couldn't even use them in combat. If there is a grand arena match up, it should be based on how many units can be used.
    Second, a nice part about the matchmaking for TW is that your characters that are 6k and under are not factored into the matchmaking portion. That isn't the case in grand arena. That way the penalty of me having half my roster at gear 1, level 1, 7* for territory battle platoon purposes isn't held against me.
    third, I feel that galactic power should be reformated. We have an issue where the galactic power gives you several thousands for a character to reach 7*, even though we all know that they are incredible weak at 7*, level 1, gear 1. I think that we should reduce the amount of glactic power given from star level and even character level (being at level 85 or not) and increase the amount of galactic power based on gear level. Gear level and ability levels are the most important factor.
  • Lio
    576 posts Member
    To all those fighting on this thread: BE BEST
  • Posted a suggestion before that would've prevented these poorly matched GA fights. @Kyno

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189218/tw-grand-arena-gp#latest
  • ruin3rr wrote: »
    Posted a suggestion before that would've prevented these poorly matched GA fights. @Kyno

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189218/tw-grand-arena-gp#latest

    I disagree with this based on the fact that you should not be able to "game the system" to undo anything you have done in game. I know, technically you aren't undoing anything, but you want the game to account for things you'd like them not to count.

    OK, ships aren't my strong suit, I'd like to be able to exclude ships GP from the matchmaking process in future GA and TW, because they aren't good. Do you see how that would work out?
  • Kyno
    21310 posts Moderator
    ruin3rr wrote: »
    Posted a suggestion before that would've prevented these poorly matched GA fights. Kyno

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189218/tw-grand-arena-gp#latest

    I dont make the systems.

    As I have stated, i am not totally opposed to GP matching and letting players choices and play style play through in how they will do in this game mode.

    I am also under the impression that GP is NOT the only factor involved, but they dont give out specific details.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    ruin3rr wrote: »
    Posted a suggestion before that would've prevented these poorly matched GA fights. Kyno

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189218/tw-grand-arena-gp#latest

    I dont make the systems.

    As I have stated, i am not totally opposed to GP matching and letting players choices and play style play through in how they will do in this game mode.

    I am also under the impression that GP is NOT the only factor involved, but they dont give out specific details.

    I actually think that at least for now total GP is the only thing being considered. When I checked my last opponent right after we were paired, our GPs differed by 1 point. It seems like what they’re doing is just counting down two-by-two from the top of the GP bracket. That’s my guess.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Kyno
    21310 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    ruin3rr wrote: »
    Posted a suggestion before that would've prevented these poorly matched GA fights. Kyno

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189218/tw-grand-arena-gp#latest

    I dont make the systems.

    As I have stated, i am not totally opposed to GP matching and letting players choices and play style play through in how they will do in this game mode.

    I am also under the impression that GP is NOT the only factor involved, but they dont give out specific details.

    I actually think that at least for now total GP is the only thing being considered. When I checked my last opponent right after we were paired, our GPs differed by 1 point. It seems like what they’re doing is just counting down two-by-two from the top of the GP bracket. That’s my guess.

    I can tell you that, they are giving the impression that they are NOT only looking just GP. So it is not as simple as you are saying, but it also doesnt sound like it is as complex as the TW one either. Again its hard since they will not give details in any way.
  • No_Try
    3542 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

    This isn't completely accurate. Back when Territory Bore was announced, many of us took all of our trash toons (of which there are many) and leveled them to 85, geared them to 8, and slapped on mods in order to help increase GP for the game mode and help out our guilds.

    Did this act impede our ability to construct a "competitive" roster? I'd argue no, not really. Credits at the top end of the game are plentiful, so the amount spent leveling trash to 85 was not preventing us from from leveling a useful toon to 85. Likewise, gear needed to get toons to level 8 is readily available as side junk from bronziums and more developed gear farms. And of course, we put our cruddy extra mods on these toons. Would we have 1-2 more g12 toons if we had not done these actions? Probably. Would we have 20? No way.

    Yet, what this selfless team oriented action did was artificially inflate our GP and penalize us in both TW and now GA due to poor matchmaking that looks more or less solely at GP.

    Also, keep in mind that TB came before either of these two new modes, so the actions we took that inflated GP occurred BEFORE we could have know about negative ramifications for doing so. In other words, while you maintain a choice for roster development was involved, I'm stating there was no choice whatsoever.

    What really needs to happen is matchmaking needs to be made based on numbers of toons at various gear levels as opposed to GP.

    I'm Sorry, But this argument is CRAP. Since wayyy before there was TB, TW, yadda yadda, We were told to improve your roster, you have to be selective about what you spend your resources on. So, there are some of us who only gear up toons or factions when we have the resources to do so.

    If you think about it, you actually gain MORE points for TW if you actually finish all rounds (especially during the 6th phase) than you would if you "artificially inflate" your GP by leveling up toons to 85 and gear VIII. So if you worked on factions to do well in TB, then you had a great base to start with once TW started. And now the same for GA.

    So yes, the best thing to do is farm toons to 7* but dont Gear or lvl them up until you are ready to take them up to gear XII. Otherwise, you get these whiny posts.

    So in other words, don't actually play the game until you can absolutely max out a single toon?

    Here's the thing about your comment on "managing resources", the resources needed to level, star, mod, and minimally gear up toons do not need to be "managed" because they're in abundance for long-term players.

    Which brings us to the challenge of Grand Arena matchmaking based on GP, long-term players brought a lot of toons to G8, G9, or even G11 for a variety of reasons. Mod Challenges, events, generally fluffing, but the main reason for G11 is that it was the max gear level for toons. Then, with the release of G12 and new toons, you have a roster filled with toons that aren't relevant to PvP, but are decently geared simply because you've played for a long-time. Your GP is high, but your Grand Arena viability is low relative to a comparable GP, new whale. Basically this game design alienates long-term players relative to brand new whales.

    And this isn't a free game. People have invested time, money, or both into this game with the expectation that you wouldn't be penalized for allocating resources.

    I'm not saying I'm entitled to win because I've played for a long time. I simply want to walk into a game mode where the outcome isn't guaranteed one way or the other. I don't have fun annihilating my opponent and I don't have fun being annihilated. So I have provided constructive feedback on ways to improve matchmaking.

    Absolutely false..... Have you farmed the useless vets for rjt yet?..... I guarantee you will be woefully short of 20 a piece purple gear to get g8.... Especially if you are building up your fluff garbage toons.....

    Folks wanking about "helping their guild" with their crappy inflated lineups should take a step back.....

    How well do you do in tb combat missions?

    How much do you contribute to raids?

    Is your inflated gp hurting your guild in TW?

    Dude. I’ve already provided you my roster for review. Start participating like an adult or go away.

    Here it is. Again. Don’t lose it. https://swgoh.gg/p/959311831/

    I'm not going to keep your roster on speed dial, but thanks... I was simply pointing out that not all of the gear to get to G8 is worthless or "in abundance" as you said..... Do try and keep up....

    Trolls gonna troll.

    Bottom line. Your argument has been disproved over and over and over again. Gear required to get from G7 -> G8 does not overlap with the gear needed to get from G11 -> G12. And in the rare instances that it does, guess what, I leave a toon at G7. The gear crunch at G11 -> G12 are stun guns/cuffs, bacta gel, callers, implants, and other yellow gear. Not sure what toons you're gearing with this stuff to move from G7 to G8. Guess you just have magic toons no one else has seen.

    be blessed.

    Lol.... Nobody is trolling here.. Does the gear ever overlap or not? Can you really tell me you have tons of extra purple holo lenses, lower level droid callers etc? You literally get your toons from g7 to g8 without farming anything?

    No need to be salty dude.... It's just a game....

    I literally did exactly that. If I don't have a fat stock of something, I don't use it without a purpose. This gave me 41 g8s and rest of everything g7. I did zero amount of extra farming/resource reallocation while creating the fluff.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ruin3rr wrote: »
    Posted a suggestion before that would've prevented these poorly matched GA fights. Kyno

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189218/tw-grand-arena-gp#latest

    I dont make the systems.

    As I have stated, i am not totally opposed to GP matching and letting players choices and play style play through in how they will do in this game mode.

    I am also under the impression that GP is NOT the only factor involved, but they dont give out specific details.

    I actually think that at least for now total GP is the only thing being considered. When I checked my last opponent right after we were paired, our GPs differed by 1 point. It seems like what they’re doing is just counting down two-by-two from the top of the GP bracket. That’s my guess.

    I can tell you that, they are giving the impression that they are NOT only looking just GP. So it is not as simple as you are saying, but it also doesnt sound like it is as complex as the TW one either. Again its hard since they will not give details in any way.

    You may be right, but if so, it’s a HUGE coincidence that my last opponent and I differed by only one point of total GP. I wish I had taken screenshots.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

    This isn't completely accurate. Back when Territory Bore was announced, many of us took all of our trash toons (of which there are many) and leveled them to 85, geared them to 8, and slapped on mods in order to help increase GP for the game mode and help out our guilds.

    Did this act impede our ability to construct a "competitive" roster? I'd argue no, not really. Credits at the top end of the game are plentiful, so the amount spent leveling trash to 85 was not preventing us from from leveling a useful toon to 85. Likewise, gear needed to get toons to level 8 is readily available as side junk from bronziums and more developed gear farms. And of course, we put our cruddy extra mods on these toons. Would we have 1-2 more g12 toons if we had not done these actions? Probably. Would we have 20? No way.

    Yet, what this selfless team oriented action did was artificially inflate our GP and penalize us in both TW and now GA due to poor matchmaking that looks more or less solely at GP.

    Also, keep in mind that TB came before either of these two new modes, so the actions we took that inflated GP occurred BEFORE we could have know about negative ramifications for doing so. In other words, while you maintain a choice for roster development was involved, I'm stating there was no choice whatsoever.

    What really needs to happen is matchmaking needs to be made based on numbers of toons at various gear levels as opposed to GP.

    I'm Sorry, But this argument is CRAP. Since wayyy before there was TB, TW, yadda yadda, We were told to improve your roster, you have to be selective about what you spend your resources on. So, there are some of us who only gear up toons or factions when we have the resources to do so.

    If you think about it, you actually gain MORE points for TW if you actually finish all rounds (especially during the 6th phase) than you would if you "artificially inflate" your GP by leveling up toons to 85 and gear VIII. So if you worked on factions to do well in TB, then you had a great base to start with once TW started. And now the same for GA.

    So yes, the best thing to do is farm toons to 7* but dont Gear or lvl them up until you are ready to take them up to gear XII. Otherwise, you get these whiny posts.

    So in other words, don't actually play the game until you can absolutely max out a single toon?

    Here's the thing about your comment on "managing resources", the resources needed to level, star, mod, and minimally gear up toons do not need to be "managed" because they're in abundance for long-term players.

    Which brings us to the challenge of Grand Arena matchmaking based on GP, long-term players brought a lot of toons to G8, G9, or even G11 for a variety of reasons. Mod Challenges, events, generally fluffing, but the main reason for G11 is that it was the max gear level for toons. Then, with the release of G12 and new toons, you have a roster filled with toons that aren't relevant to PvP, but are decently geared simply because you've played for a long-time. Your GP is high, but your Grand Arena viability is low relative to a comparable GP, new whale. Basically this game design alienates long-term players relative to brand new whales.

    And this isn't a free game. People have invested time, money, or both into this game with the expectation that you wouldn't be penalized for allocating resources.

    I'm not saying I'm entitled to win because I've played for a long time. I simply want to walk into a game mode where the outcome isn't guaranteed one way or the other. I don't have fun annihilating my opponent and I don't have fun being annihilated. So I have provided constructive feedback on ways to improve matchmaking.

    Absolutely false..... Have you farmed the useless vets for rjt yet?..... I guarantee you will be woefully short of 20 a piece purple gear to get g8.... Especially if you are building up your fluff garbage toons.....

    Folks wanking about "helping their guild" with their crappy inflated lineups should take a step back.....

    How well do you do in tb combat missions?

    How much do you contribute to raids?

    Is your inflated gp hurting your guild in TW?

    Dude. I’ve already provided you my roster for review. Start participating like an adult or go away.

    Here it is. Again. Don’t lose it. https://swgoh.gg/p/959311831/

    I'm not going to keep your roster on speed dial, but thanks... I was simply pointing out that not all of the gear to get to G8 is worthless or "in abundance" as you said..... Do try and keep up....

    Trolls gonna troll.

    Bottom line. Your argument has been disproved over and over and over again. Gear required to get from G7 -> G8 does not overlap with the gear needed to get from G11 -> G12. And in the rare instances that it does, guess what, I leave a toon at G7. The gear crunch at G11 -> G12 are stun guns/cuffs, bacta gel, callers, implants, and other yellow gear. Not sure what toons you're gearing with this stuff to move from G7 to G8. Guess you just have magic toons no one else has seen.

    be blessed.

    Lol.... Nobody is trolling here.. Does the gear ever overlap or not? Can you really tell me you have tons of extra purple holo lenses, lower level droid callers etc? You literally get your toons from g7 to g8 without farming anything?

    No need to be salty dude.... It's just a game....

    I literally did exactly that. If I don't have a fat stock of something, I don't use it without a purpose. This gave me 41 g8s and rest of everything g7. I did zero amount of extra farming/resource reallocation while creating the fluff.

    There is something i don’t understand. I keep seeing people say things like « i’m a day 1 veteran player who upgraded useless toons without diverting any kind of ressources from my main teams ». Some other people say it’s not really possible but they insist, they’ve been playing for so long and have so many ressources they can do it. Supposedly the matchmaking punishes those veteran players (some said, who also spent money) by matching them with stronger players with leaner rosters.

    My question is : how is this possible ? Who are those « stronger players » ? How can they have zero fluff but the same gp as you then ?
    The only ways those players exist, since they’ve not been playing months or years longer obviously, are
    - They paid for a competitive advantage (you want to take it from them?)
    - They’ve been much more active and efficient than you all along (don’t they deserve their edge then ?)

    Same argument can be made for toons who were « mandatory » at a time but not anymore (teebo, jawas, stuff). If that’s true, almost every long term player will have them, they make no difference in the match making.
    I have a hard time understanding how all those things said in this thread can be true at the same time.
  • Kyno
    21310 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ruin3rr wrote: »
    Posted a suggestion before that would've prevented these poorly matched GA fights. Kyno

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189218/tw-grand-arena-gp#latest

    I dont make the systems.

    As I have stated, i am not totally opposed to GP matching and letting players choices and play style play through in how they will do in this game mode.

    I am also under the impression that GP is NOT the only factor involved, but they dont give out specific details.

    I actually think that at least for now total GP is the only thing being considered. When I checked my last opponent right after we were paired, our GPs differed by 1 point. It seems like what they’re doing is just counting down two-by-two from the top of the GP bracket. That’s my guess.

    I can tell you that, they are giving the impression that they are NOT only looking just GP. So it is not as simple as you are saying, but it also doesnt sound like it is as complex as the TW one either. Again its hard since they will not give details in any way.

    You may be right, but if so, it’s a HUGE coincidence that my last opponent and I differed by only one point of total GP. I wish I had taken screenshots.

    Why would it be a huge coincidence that one of the factors they use for matching was close? They do use it as a factor just not the only one. It could also be the primary one, no one knows. But its not the only one. That is all I'm saying.
  • Hard to say anything concrete about GA at this point as the final iteration is not known at this time. That being said they may be using it as a test more than a introduction. Anyway the single most deciding factor probably won't be fluff alone. My opponent had more GP in toons by like 100k and they had more viable teams because of it. I won because my mods simply out matched there's. He/She couldn't deal with the fact that I had every defense and offense team with arena worthy mods equipped. They had a time out team I simply shouldn't have been able to beat, but my mods made it happen in 1 try with only 30 seconds to spare. When I get to use my ships that will help me allot too because I am very ship heavy.
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    JohnAran wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

    This isn't completely accurate. Back when Territory Bore was announced, many of us took all of our trash toons (of which there are many) and leveled them to 85, geared them to 8, and slapped on mods in order to help increase GP for the game mode and help out our guilds.

    Did this act impede our ability to construct a "competitive" roster? I'd argue no, not really. Credits at the top end of the game are plentiful, so the amount spent leveling trash to 85 was not preventing us from from leveling a useful toon to 85. Likewise, gear needed to get toons to level 8 is readily available as side junk from bronziums and more developed gear farms. And of course, we put our cruddy extra mods on these toons. Would we have 1-2 more g12 toons if we had not done these actions? Probably. Would we have 20? No way.

    Yet, what this selfless team oriented action did was artificially inflate our GP and penalize us in both TW and now GA due to poor matchmaking that looks more or less solely at GP.

    Also, keep in mind that TB came before either of these two new modes, so the actions we took that inflated GP occurred BEFORE we could have know about negative ramifications for doing so. In other words, while you maintain a choice for roster development was involved, I'm stating there was no choice whatsoever.

    What really needs to happen is matchmaking needs to be made based on numbers of toons at various gear levels as opposed to GP.

    I'm Sorry, But this argument is CRAP. Since wayyy before there was TB, TW, yadda yadda, We were told to improve your roster, you have to be selective about what you spend your resources on. So, there are some of us who only gear up toons or factions when we have the resources to do so.

    If you think about it, you actually gain MORE points for TW if you actually finish all rounds (especially during the 6th phase) than you would if you "artificially inflate" your GP by leveling up toons to 85 and gear VIII. So if you worked on factions to do well in TB, then you had a great base to start with once TW started. And now the same for GA.

    So yes, the best thing to do is farm toons to 7* but dont Gear or lvl them up until you are ready to take them up to gear XII. Otherwise, you get these whiny posts.

    So in other words, don't actually play the game until you can absolutely max out a single toon?

    Here's the thing about your comment on "managing resources", the resources needed to level, star, mod, and minimally gear up toons do not need to be "managed" because they're in abundance for long-term players.

    Which brings us to the challenge of Grand Arena matchmaking based on GP, long-term players brought a lot of toons to G8, G9, or even G11 for a variety of reasons. Mod Challenges, events, generally fluffing, but the main reason for G11 is that it was the max gear level for toons. Then, with the release of G12 and new toons, you have a roster filled with toons that aren't relevant to PvP, but are decently geared simply because you've played for a long-time. Your GP is high, but your Grand Arena viability is low relative to a comparable GP, new whale. Basically this game design alienates long-term players relative to brand new whales.

    And this isn't a free game. People have invested time, money, or both into this game with the expectation that you wouldn't be penalized for allocating resources.

    I'm not saying I'm entitled to win because I've played for a long time. I simply want to walk into a game mode where the outcome isn't guaranteed one way or the other. I don't have fun annihilating my opponent and I don't have fun being annihilated. So I have provided constructive feedback on ways to improve matchmaking.

    Absolutely false..... Have you farmed the useless vets for rjt yet?..... I guarantee you will be woefully short of 20 a piece purple gear to get g8.... Especially if you are building up your fluff garbage toons.....

    Folks wanking about "helping their guild" with their crappy inflated lineups should take a step back.....

    How well do you do in tb combat missions?

    How much do you contribute to raids?

    Is your inflated gp hurting your guild in TW?

    Dude. I’ve already provided you my roster for review. Start participating like an adult or go away.

    Here it is. Again. Don’t lose it. https://swgoh.gg/p/959311831/

    I'm not going to keep your roster on speed dial, but thanks... I was simply pointing out that not all of the gear to get to G8 is worthless or "in abundance" as you said..... Do try and keep up....

    Trolls gonna troll.

    Bottom line. Your argument has been disproved over and over and over again. Gear required to get from G7 -> G8 does not overlap with the gear needed to get from G11 -> G12. And in the rare instances that it does, guess what, I leave a toon at G7. The gear crunch at G11 -> G12 are stun guns/cuffs, bacta gel, callers, implants, and other yellow gear. Not sure what toons you're gearing with this stuff to move from G7 to G8. Guess you just have magic toons no one else has seen.

    be blessed.

    Lol.... Nobody is trolling here.. Does the gear ever overlap or not? Can you really tell me you have tons of extra purple holo lenses, lower level droid callers etc? You literally get your toons from g7 to g8 without farming anything?

    No need to be salty dude.... It's just a game....

    I literally did exactly that. If I don't have a fat stock of something, I don't use it without a purpose. This gave me 41 g8s and rest of everything g7. I did zero amount of extra farming/resource reallocation while creating the fluff.

    There is something i don’t understand. I keep seeing people say things like « i’m a day 1 veteran player who upgraded useless toons without diverting any kind of ressources from my main teams ». Some other people say it’s not really possible but they insist, they’ve been playing for so long and have so many ressources they can do it. Supposedly the matchmaking punishes those veteran players (some said, who also spent money) by matching them with stronger players with leaner rosters.

    My question is : how is this possible ? Who are those « stronger players » ? How can they have zero fluff but the same gp as you then ?
    The only ways those players exist, since they’ve not been playing months or years longer obviously, are
    - They paid for a competitive advantage (you want to take it from them?)
    - They’ve been much more active and efficient than you all along (don’t they deserve their edge then ?)

    Same argument can be made for toons who were « mandatory » at a time but not anymore (teebo, jawas, stuff). If that’s true, almost every long term player will have them, they make no difference in the match making.
    I have a hard time understanding how all those things said in this thread can be true at the same time.

    Not sure anyone here has said they're a day 1 veteran player, but I'll ignore the hyperbole because you bring up good questions. I'll try to explain as best I can.

    Let's look first at how GP is calculated: For each activated toon it measures, Stars, Level, GearTier, Abilities, and Mods.

    By themselves, Stars and Level have zero bearing on the toons performance, it simply unlocks the gear levels and abilities you can equip. Even 6* mods are gated behind G12, which itself is gated behind 7*. Credits are used to star and level characters, and long-term players have these in abundance. So, up until GA there was absolutely no resource management considerations that prevented you from starring and leveling those toons. In fact, it there was an incentive to do so because you could deploy more GP in TB. GREAT!

    Now comes an unannounced game mode (relative to the time they have been playing) that actually penalizes a player for having greater breadth in 7*, level 85 toons. Again, you may be asking "why make them level 85 if you don't plan to gear them?" and it's because there is no resource management consideration. I personally have 20 million in credits. There's no reason not to... until now.

    With GA matchmaking on GP, it's in the players best interest to not make incremental progress at all, but to simply research all the gear that is needed for a specific toon, farm its shards and then gear them and star them as rapidly as possible so as not to negatively impact competitiveness in GA. That doesn't seem in the spirit of a game that was designed for incremental progress and most definitely hurts those that aren't researching the game constantly on the forums or reddit.

    Now let's talk about 1 more key change to the game that impacts players, G12. In the past, G10 and G11 didn't have a huge performance gap. You were better off going to G11, but you might be able to pick off a couple of toons with a G10 squad. G12 changed this. If you are facing G12 toons with G11 toons, you're smoked. You're not knocking down any of their toons. There's no attrition any more. So when a matchmaking pairs off a player with 60 G12 toons against someone that has 30, even though they have similar GP they are grossly mismatched. That's not a competitive advantage... that's not even a competition.

    To your point about efficiency, this is false. There is very little overlap in gear to bring someone up to G7 or G8 versus G11 -> G12 gear. Once you are trying to move from G11 to G12, it's a completely different type of grind. Yes you need carbs and guns, but you also need a bunch of stuff that is unique to G11. Yellow gear and IV bacta gel, and VI callers and a bunch of stuff that doesn't come into the equation at lower gears. So why would you design a format that tells players to not put on any gear other toons that you can't immediately bring to G12? it defeats the whole concept of incremental progress and grinding.

    So the ask is, make matchmaking more equitable taking into account the tremendous performance gap between G12 and G11. My suggestion is to simply take out level, stars, and mods from the matchmaking equation, leaving just gear and abilities.

    Now you may be asking, "well, where's the advantage to the whale?" And it's in mods. A player that is spending on gear is farming the slicing components needed to bring mods to 6*. That still gives them a pretty large competitive advantage over lower and non-spenders.

    TL:DR - refining the matching GP to only account for weighted average gear level and abilities still provides an advantage to big spenders. So does removing mods from the equation. The goal isn't to make someone who pays a lot and someone who pays a little to have 1:1 competitive ratio. It's simply to bring the ratio to a level where players feel they can have fun playing. Go back and look at the first picture posted. 60 G12 v 21 G12. That's a nearly 300% difference in toons that are actually viable. That's not fun gameplay.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ruin3rr wrote: »
    Posted a suggestion before that would've prevented these poorly matched GA fights. Kyno

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189218/tw-grand-arena-gp#latest

    I dont make the systems.

    As I have stated, i am not totally opposed to GP matching and letting players choices and play style play through in how they will do in this game mode.

    I am also under the impression that GP is NOT the only factor involved, but they dont give out specific details.

    I actually think that at least for now total GP is the only thing being considered. When I checked my last opponent right after we were paired, our GPs differed by 1 point. It seems like what they’re doing is just counting down two-by-two from the top of the GP bracket. That’s my guess.

    I can tell you that, they are giving the impression that they are NOT only looking just GP. So it is not as simple as you are saying, but it also doesnt sound like it is as complex as the TW one either. Again its hard since they will not give details in any way.

    You may be right, but if so, it’s a HUGE coincidence that my last opponent and I differed by only one point of total GP. I wish I had taken screenshots.

    Why would it be a huge coincidence that one of the factors they use for matching was close? They do use it as a factor just not the only one. It could also be the primary one, no one knows. But its not the only one. That is all I'm saying.

    It’s not surprising that it’s close. 100 or even 1000 points of GP would be close. That’s a range I’d reasonably expect if GP were a primary but not the only factor. Even 10k or 100k differentials would be believable and would probably be appropriate in a lot of cases.

    1 point difference in GP? That’s practically unthinkable if any other factor were considered.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ruin3rr wrote: »
    Posted a suggestion before that would've prevented these poorly matched GA fights. Kyno

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189218/tw-grand-arena-gp#latest

    I dont make the systems.

    As I have stated, i am not totally opposed to GP matching and letting players choices and play style play through in how they will do in this game mode.

    I am also under the impression that GP is NOT the only factor involved, but they dont give out specific details.

    I actually think that at least for now total GP is the only thing being considered. When I checked my last opponent right after we were paired, our GPs differed by 1 point. It seems like what they’re doing is just counting down two-by-two from the top of the GP bracket. That’s my guess.

    I can tell you that, they are giving the impression that they are NOT only looking just GP. So it is not as simple as you are saying, but it also doesnt sound like it is as complex as the TW one either. Again its hard since they will not give details in any way.

    You may be right, but if so, it’s a HUGE coincidence that my last opponent and I differed by only one point of total GP. I wish I had taken screenshots.

    Why would it be a huge coincidence that one of the factors they use for matching was close? They do use it as a factor just not the only one. It could also be the primary one, no one knows. But its not the only one. That is all I'm saying.

    It’s not surprising that it’s close. 100 or even 1000 points of GP would be close. That’s a range I’d reasonably expect if GP were a primary but not the only factor. Even 10k or 100k differentials would be believable and would probably be appropriate in a lot of cases.

    1 point difference in GP? That’s practically unthinkable if any other factor were considered.

    Yes.... My thoughts exactly.... My last opponent was 3gp higher than I was.... Too close to have taken any other factors into account.....
  • Liath
    4342 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

    This isn't completely accurate. Back when Territory Bore was announced, many of us took all of our trash toons (of which there are many) and leveled them to 85, geared them to 8, and slapped on mods in order to help increase GP for the game mode and help out our guilds.

    Did this act impede our ability to construct a "competitive" roster? I'd argue no, not really. Credits at the top end of the game are plentiful, so the amount spent leveling trash to 85 was not preventing us from from leveling a useful toon to 85. Likewise, gear needed to get toons to level 8 is readily available as side junk from bronziums and more developed gear farms. And of course, we put our cruddy extra mods on these toons. Would we have 1-2 more g12 toons if we had not done these actions? Probably. Would we have 20? No way.

    Yet, what this selfless team oriented action did was artificially inflate our GP and penalize us in both TW and now GA due to poor matchmaking that looks more or less solely at GP.

    Also, keep in mind that TB came before either of these two new modes, so the actions we took that inflated GP occurred BEFORE we could have know about negative ramifications for doing so. In other words, while you maintain a choice for roster development was involved, I'm stating there was no choice whatsoever.

    What really needs to happen is matchmaking needs to be made based on numbers of toons at various gear levels as opposed to GP.

    I'm Sorry, But this argument is CRAP. Since wayyy before there was TB, TW, yadda yadda, We were told to improve your roster, you have to be selective about what you spend your resources on. So, there are some of us who only gear up toons or factions when we have the resources to do so.

    If you think about it, you actually gain MORE points for TW if you actually finish all rounds (especially during the 6th phase) than you would if you "artificially inflate" your GP by leveling up toons to 85 and gear VIII. So if you worked on factions to do well in TB, then you had a great base to start with once TW started. And now the same for GA.

    So yes, the best thing to do is farm toons to 7* but dont Gear or lvl them up until you are ready to take them up to gear XII. Otherwise, you get these whiny posts.

    So in other words, don't actually play the game until you can absolutely max out a single toon?

    Here's the thing about your comment on "managing resources", the resources needed to level, star, mod, and minimally gear up toons do not need to be "managed" because they're in abundance for long-term players.

    Which brings us to the challenge of Grand Arena matchmaking based on GP, long-term players brought a lot of toons to G8, G9, or even G11 for a variety of reasons. Mod Challenges, events, generally fluffing, but the main reason for G11 is that it was the max gear level for toons. Then, with the release of G12 and new toons, you have a roster filled with toons that aren't relevant to PvP, but are decently geared simply because you've played for a long-time. Your GP is high, but your Grand Arena viability is low relative to a comparable GP, new whale. Basically this game design alienates long-term players relative to brand new whales.

    And this isn't a free game. People have invested time, money, or both into this game with the expectation that you wouldn't be penalized for allocating resources.

    I'm not saying I'm entitled to win because I've played for a long time. I simply want to walk into a game mode where the outcome isn't guaranteed one way or the other. I don't have fun annihilating my opponent and I don't have fun being annihilated. So I have provided constructive feedback on ways to improve matchmaking.

    Absolutely false..... Have you farmed the useless vets for rjt yet?..... I guarantee you will be woefully short of 20 a piece purple gear to get g8.... Especially if you are building up your fluff garbage toons.....

    Folks wanking about "helping their guild" with their crappy inflated lineups should take a step back.....

    How well do you do in tb combat missions?

    How much do you contribute to raids?

    Is your inflated gp hurting your guild in TW?

    Dude. I’ve already provided you my roster for review. Start participating like an adult or go away.

    Here it is. Again. Don’t lose it. https://swgoh.gg/p/959311831/

    I'm not going to keep your roster on speed dial, but thanks... I was simply pointing out that not all of the gear to get to G8 is worthless or "in abundance" as you said..... Do try and keep up....

    Trolls gonna troll.

    Bottom line. Your argument has been disproved over and over and over again. Gear required to get from G7 -> G8 does not overlap with the gear needed to get from G11 -> G12. And in the rare instances that it does, guess what, I leave a toon at G7. The gear crunch at G11 -> G12 are stun guns/cuffs, bacta gel, callers, implants, and other yellow gear. Not sure what toons you're gearing with this stuff to move from G7 to G8. Guess you just have magic toons no one else has seen.

    be blessed.

    Lol.... Nobody is trolling here.. Does the gear ever overlap or not? Can you really tell me you have tons of extra purple holo lenses, lower level droid callers etc? You literally get your toons from g7 to g8 without farming anything?

    No need to be salty dude.... It's just a game....

    I literally did exactly that. If I don't have a fat stock of something, I don't use it without a purpose. This gave me 41 g8s and rest of everything g7. I did zero amount of extra farming/resource reallocation while creating the fluff.

    There is something i don’t understand. I keep seeing people say things like « i’m a day 1 veteran player who upgraded useless toons without diverting any kind of ressources from my main teams ». Some other people say it’s not really possible but they insist, they’ve been playing for so long and have so many ressources they can do it. Supposedly the matchmaking punishes those veteran players (some said, who also spent money) by matching them with stronger players with leaner rosters.

    My question is : how is this possible ? Who are those « stronger players » ? How can they have zero fluff but the same gp as you then ?
    The only ways those players exist, since they’ve not been playing months or years longer obviously, are
    - They paid for a competitive advantage (you want to take it from them?)
    - They’ve been much more active and efficient than you all along (don’t they deserve their edge then ?)

    Same argument can be made for toons who were « mandatory » at a time but not anymore (teebo, jawas, stuff). If that’s true, almost every long term player will have them, they make no difference in the match making.
    I have a hard time understanding how all those things said in this thread can be true at the same time.

    Not sure anyone here has said they're a day 1 veteran player, but I'll ignore the hyperbole because you bring up good questions. I'll try to explain as best I can.

    Let's look first at how GP is calculated: For each activated toon it measures, Stars, Level, GearTier, Abilities, and Mods.

    By themselves, Stars and Level have zero bearing on the toons performance, it simply unlocks the gear levels and abilities you can equip. Even 6* mods are gated behind G12, which itself is gated behind 7*. Credits are used to star and level characters, and long-term players have these in abundance. So, up until GA there was absolutely no resource management considerations that prevented you from starring and leveling those toons. In fact, it there was an incentive to do so because you could deploy more GP in TB. GREAT!

    Now comes an unannounced game mode (relative to the time they have been playing) that actually penalizes a player for having greater breadth in 7*, level 85 toons. Again, you may be asking "why make them level 85 if you don't plan to gear them?" and it's because there is no resource management consideration. I personally have 20 million in credits. There's no reason not to... until now.

    With GA matchmaking on GP, it's in the players best interest to not make incremental progress at all, but to simply research all the gear that is needed for a specific toon, farm its shards and then gear them and star them as rapidly as possible so as not to negatively impact competitiveness in GA. That doesn't seem in the spirit of a game that was designed for incremental progress and most definitely hurts those that aren't researching the game constantly on the forums or reddit.

    Now let's talk about 1 more key change to the game that impacts players, G12. In the past, G10 and G11 didn't have a huge performance gap. You were better off going to G11, but you might be able to pick off a couple of toons with a G10 squad. G12 changed this. If you are facing G12 toons with G11 toons, you're smoked. You're not knocking down any of their toons. There's no attrition any more. So when a matchmaking pairs off a player with 60 G12 toons against someone that has 30, even though they have similar GP they are grossly mismatched. That's not a competitive advantage... that's not even a competition.

    To your point about efficiency, this is false. There is very little overlap in gear to bring someone up to G7 or G8 versus G11 -> G12 gear. Once you are trying to move from G11 to G12, it's a completely different type of grind. Yes you need carbs and guns, but you also need a bunch of stuff that is unique to G11. Yellow gear and IV bacta gel, and VI callers and a bunch of stuff that doesn't come into the equation at lower gears. So why would you design a format that tells players to not put on any gear other toons that you can't immediately bring to G12? it defeats the whole concept of incremental progress and grinding.

    So the ask is, make matchmaking more equitable taking into account the tremendous performance gap between G12 and G11. My suggestion is to simply take out level, stars, and mods from the matchmaking equation, leaving just gear and abilities.

    Now you may be asking, "well, where's the advantage to the whale?" And it's in mods. A player that is spending on gear is farming the slicing components needed to bring mods to 6*. That still gives them a pretty large competitive advantage over lower and non-spenders.

    TL:DR - refining the matching GP to only account for weighted average gear level and abilities still provides an advantage to big spenders. So does removing mods from the equation. The goal isn't to make someone who pays a lot and someone who pays a little to have 1:1 competitive ratio. It's simply to bring the ratio to a level where players feel they can have fun playing. Go back and look at the first picture posted. 60 G12 v 21 G12. That's a nearly 300% difference in toons that are actually viable. That's not fun gameplay.

    But that won’t actually result in even matchups. Quality of mods is one of the biggest areas of discrepancy between accounts.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ruin3rr wrote: »
    Posted a suggestion before that would've prevented these poorly matched GA fights. Kyno

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189218/tw-grand-arena-gp#latest

    I dont make the systems.

    As I have stated, i am not totally opposed to GP matching and letting players choices and play style play through in how they will do in this game mode.

    I am also under the impression that GP is NOT the only factor involved, but they dont give out specific details.

    I actually think that at least for now total GP is the only thing being considered. When I checked my last opponent right after we were paired, our GPs differed by 1 point. It seems like what they’re doing is just counting down two-by-two from the top of the GP bracket. That’s my guess.

    I can tell you that, they are giving the impression that they are NOT only looking just GP. So it is not as simple as you are saying, but it also doesnt sound like it is as complex as the TW one either. Again its hard since they will not give details in any way.

    You may be right, but if so, it’s a HUGE coincidence that my last opponent and I differed by only one point of total GP. I wish I had taken screenshots.

    Why would it be a huge coincidence that one of the factors they use for matching was close? They do use it as a factor just not the only one. It could also be the primary one, no one knows. But its not the only one. That is all I'm saying.

    Can you have one quote that even implies something it may not be only based on GP please? Both the announcement and Crumb's Q/A implies none.
Sign In or Register to comment.