Kit Reveal: C-3PO

Replies

• No way they are giving this away for anything less than g12 bears. So temper your enthusiasm now. You're going to have to earn it.
  • It will be interesting to see how C-3PO works under an Ackbar lead. Like Hermit Yoda, his basic ability is not an attack, so it will trigger an assist. But since C-3PO has the Rebel tag, he could presumably be called to assist by other characters. And since his basic isn't an attack, this could presumably trigger a second assist from another Rebel. For example:

R2 uses Smoke Screen. It's not an attack, so it triggers an assist.
    C-3PO is called to assist and uses his basic ability. It's not an attack, so it triggers an assist.
    Ackbar is called to assist.

So from one use of Smoke Screen, you could get an extra stack of Confuse on the target, reduced cool-downs for those characters who have three stacks of Translation, and an assist from another Rebel. That's wild!
  • Moroveus wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how C-3PO works under an Ackbar lead. Like Hermit Yoda, his basic ability is not an attack, so it will trigger an assist. But since C-3PO has the Rebel tag, he could presumably be called to assist by other characters. And since his basic isn't an attack, this could presumably trigger a second assist from another Rebel. For example:

R2 uses Smoke Screen. It's not an attack, so it triggers an assist.
    C-3PO is called to assist and uses his basic ability. It's not an attack, so it triggers an assist.
    Ackbar is called to assist.

So from one use of Smoke Screen, you could get an extra stack of Confuse on the target, reduced cool-downs for those characters who have three stacks of Translation, and an assist from another Rebel. That's wild!

His basic ability does apply a debuff though. Cassian's shock grenade doesn't deal any damage and applies debuffs, as does old ben's Mind tricks. Neither of those abilities trigger Ackbar's assists.
  • It adds confuse to the target, making it a potency vs tenacity check. That might make it be considered an attack by ackbar's standards. Just because it doesn't do damage doesn't mean it isn't considered an attack by ackbar. We'll need confirmation before making that assumption. Old Ben's Mind Trick doesn't do damage but is considered an attack under ackbar.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    I wonder how many omegas will you need to max C3PO
  • 25 for the 5 non-zeta abilities + 20 to 26 for the 2 zeta abilities? 😬
  • I just hope that, when he's defeated, he collapses into a pile of arms & legs.

Maybe Chewie can revive him . . .
  • @CG_SBCrumb so for clarity, when the text says "cannot be evaded" does that apply to raid bosses as well, or is it missing an asterisk (*) that will exclude raid bosses?
  • Doneeta wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb so for clarity, when the text says "cannot be evaded" does that apply to raid bosses as well, or is it missing an asterisk (*) that will exclude raid bosses?

It will hit, but most likely resist the effect
  • Galactic republic, rebel, and resistance allies gain 10% ________ per stack of translation, doubled for ewoks. Doesn’t that imply that ewoks would have to be galactic republic, Rebel, or resistance to gain the benefits? Unless there are new ewoks on the way, that’s pretty useless. Or just worded very poorly. It doesn’t say rebels AND ewoks gain the bonus.
  • Moroveus wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how C-3PO works under an Ackbar lead.

I am sorry thats not going to work, inflict debuff or remove turn meter counts as an attack, so C3PO both active skills wont trigger AA's leader.
  • Galactic republic, rebel, and resistance allies gain 10% ________ per stack of translation, doubled for ewoks. Doesn’t that imply that ewoks would have to be galactic republic, Rebel, or resistance to gain the benefits? Unless there are new ewoks on the way, that’s pretty useless. Or just worded very poorly. It doesn’t say rebels AND ewoks gain the bonus.

It's pretty clear and obvious what it says. The other factions gain 10%....Ewoks gain 20%.
  • If you don’t run a cleanser or very high tenacity team against C-3PO you basically have ability block, daze, and buff immunity for the whole battle. That doesn’t sound fun.

How do you Cleanse while Ability Blocked? :/
  • Corpus wrote: »
    If you don’t run a cleanser or very high tenacity team against C-3PO you basically have ability block, daze, and buff immunity for the whole battle. That doesn’t sound fun.

Traya, Savage, R2, RJT. I wouldn't be surprised if there are others.
  • Corpus wrote: »
    If you don’t run a cleanser or very high tenacity team against C-3PO you basically have ability block, daze, and buff immunity for the whole battle. That doesn’t sound fun.

R2 Unique where you cleanse upon landing a crit?
  • So what does different buff mean? A buff they don’t currently have? A buff they’ve never had that match?
  • To me, this is horribly disappointing. C3P0 shouldn't be a game-changing, superpowered character, and we don't need another game-changer so soon, either. The insane power creep of 24 uniques and zetas is also depressing. I would absolutely have loved it if they'd released 3P0 and he'd just been a cool, non-meta addition who was fun to play but not such a big deal. I'd prefer they release some mediocre squad-filling characters instead! This game is getting way over the top. =/
  • BroderickJoens
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    https://youtu.be/VBtT6Y8wqII

I am sooooo freaking stoked for this. I am glad that I got my ewoks up.
  • If you don’t run a cleanser or very high tenacity team against C-3PO you basically have ability block, daze, and buff immunity for the whole battle. That doesn’t sound fun.

Traya laughs at this.
    Mission laughs at this
    Stun laughs at this.
    Raid Han laughs at this.
    Chewbacca laughs at this.

I am 0 impressed. Might make bears a little better bit not much.

Speed speed speed
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ah cool, a nice simple kit, no way will we encounter any bugs I'm sure :smile:

They'll fix them as soon as he beats Revan.

Dis.
  • SamuraiUX wrote: »
    To me, this is horribly disappointing. C3P0 shouldn't be a game-changing, superpowered character, and we don't need another game-changer so soon, either. The insane power creep of 24 uniques and zetas is also depressing. I would absolutely have loved it if they'd released 3P0 and he'd just been a cool, non-meta addition who was fun to play but not such a big deal. I'd prefer they release some mediocre squad-filling characters instead! This game is getting way over the top. =/

You always have the choice to not farm him.
  • And really, his last 3 uniques are pretty much just if you took Number Crunch and split it out for each faction instead of lumping them all together. I don’t have a problem with it.

Except that C-3PO requires three times as many mats to upgrade those abilities, than R2s Number Crunch.

• Since when is droids spelled "Ewoks"?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    To me, this is horribly disappointing. C3P0 shouldn't be a game-changing, superpowered character, and we don't need another game-changer so soon, either. The insane power creep of 24 uniques and zetas is also depressing. I would absolutely have loved it if they'd released 3P0 and he'd just been a cool, non-meta addition who was fun to play but not such a big deal. I'd prefer they release some mediocre squad-filling characters instead! This game is getting way over the top. =/

That wasn't his point. The problem is in the end money, and the best way to make money is to make characters like C3PO over the top to get people into it. Its why Revenue exists. Its why all new toons exist. (And don't give me the "they need it to keep the game alive" the game would still be alive today without Revenue, they make enough money without money events).

They could have made C3PO a fun character, a character just to have fun with, to play around with. Instead they give him seven abilities. To some that will be a disappointment, that's understandable, to me I don't mind, just another power creep, and something to work towards :)
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Personally I think he looks pretty interesting. The kit is like a weird mix of R2 and BB8. Team-wide bonuses at the start, and a build up to much higher bonuses. Having GalRep, rebel, resistance, and ewok synergy also makes for a ton of possible comps for making the most out of your roster.
    I can easily see him replacing Elder or Scout as the 5th in the standard Ewok comp of chirpa/logray/paploo/wicket. He would give them a huge damage boost and cripple the enemy at the same time. Having a 2nd mass attack available for all the buffed up murderbears will be awesome. With 3 stacks of translation, they get 70% CD, 70% defense penetration, exposes on basic ( which is huge with zChirpa's massive number of assists).
    15% protection up for every buff gained, of which ewoks gain a ton from logray and chirpa.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    SamuraiUX wrote: »

That wasn't his point. The problem is in the end money, and the best way to make money is to make characters like C3PO over the top to get people into it. Its why Revenue exists. Its why all new toons exist. (And don't give me the "they need it to keep the game alive" the game would still be alive today without Revenue, they make enough money without money events).

They could have made C3PO a fun character, a character just to have fun with, to play around with. Instead they give him seven abilities. To some that will be a disappointment, that's understandable, to me I don't mind, just another power creep, and something to work towards :)

I mean they kind of have to make each new toon better than the ones before. I get what you’re saying though! Besides his single hard node, it’s why I love Range Trooper. He’s not op. No zeta. He adds to his team that already does well.

With legendaries you have to make them the top echelon. The requirements aren’t bad for him either. Revan’s requirements were pure kitten.

I really dig that this legendary makes the faction that unlocks better. So I know for me I only got fo up to the point where they unlock BB8 , even though they are a strong team. This way makes it feel like it’s not a total waste to level up a faction.

Facts of life jingle here.
  • He looks like great fun.

Though I imagine he'll need G20 8 dot modded ewoks to get at 5*, so I won't worry about him for a while.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • I do like how viable he makes Ewoks, Even though I doubt he'll be used with them when there's Chewie teams for him.
  • He looks like great fun.

Though I imagine he'll need G20 8 dot modded ewoks to get at 5*, so I won't worry about him for a while.

The Chewie event was described as 'very difficult' and many managed it with a couple g11 toons at most ( although with lots of retries), and this one is said to be just 'difficult'. I would imagine 7* will probably take g11s with arena mods without chirpa's zeta, and probably less with the lead zeta. Like someone else said, he at least improves the faction used to unlock him, so any extra investment shouldn't be wasted. Chirpa's lead zeta is very nice by itself also.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    BrakirKY wrote: »
    He looks like great fun.

The Chewie event was described as 'very difficult' and many managed it with a couple g11 toons at most ( although with lots of retries), and this one is said to be just 'difficult'. I would imagine 7* will probably take g11s with arena mods without chirpa's zeta, and probably less with the lead zeta. Like someone else said, he at least improves the faction used to unlock him, so any extra investment shouldn't be wasted. Chirpa's lead zeta is very nice by itself also.

It's possible. However, trying to parse dev posts is a fool's errand.

Example 1a: First TW of December will be "moved" to accommodate GA.
    Example 1b: TW is cancelled in December.

Example 2a: GA will be seven days long.
    Example 2b: GA will most likely vary in structure and length.

The correct answer here is always "nobody knows nothin'."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH