Why you shouldn’t 6* mods.

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Everyone understands what the OP is saying. The point he is missing is simple. Lvl 6 mods are for special characters. What makes them special is that they are G12. If you want to use a mod set for all your characters then you can not lvl them up all the way. That’s just the rules for the game. You can farm a second set of mods one for G12 lvled all the way and one for other lower level characters. But that seems like too much work for the OP. So he wants his best mods on all the time. Well then he needs to lvl all his characters to G12. That’s the way mods work. It seems perfectly reasonable to me.
  • Options
    @KLCS21
    The point he is missing is simple. Lvl 6 mods are for special characters. What makes them special is that they are G12. If you want to use a mod set for all your characters then you can not lvl them up all the way. That’s just the rules for the game.

That's not the point the OP is missing. (And, btw, why do you assume gender?) That's the point the OP is making. Didn't you read what @Docx was saying:
    I want my entire TW, GA, TB teams to be 6* but this event pinpoints exactly why I can’t do that. I gave my Ewoks leftover mods not long ago after all my important g12 squads and pilots had their mods done first. If they were 6* mods I would not have c3po at 7*.

The OP made the additional point that they don't LIKE that 6-dot mods are restricted, but they weren't making that point because they failed to understand that 6-dot mods are restricted. That's kinda like an unavoidable premise here. The fact that you can read
    I don't like that 6-dot mods are restricted

and reply
    what you don't get is that 6-dot mods are restricted

shows a truly embarrassing lack of comprehension on your part.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    theres lots of things you shouldnt do that make no sense now that grand arena is a feature. like i got 330/330 c3p0 but not activating c3p0 because it will inflate my gp.

theres many dumb concepts that unfortunately because the bad design of grand arena even spending money now is something that can be detrimental. i hope ea/cg realizes the grand mistake they made and after december puts grand arena on the back burner.

then there we be alot less things that progress the account that you cant actually do. grand arena is detrimental to the longevity of the game.

This issue doesn’t have anything to do with Grand Arena. Restricting 6* mods to g12 means that there are multiple potential areas of the game in which one might want to use those mods and won’t be able to.

I have 0 G12 characters. I quit 2 years and am behind. I upgraded my best mod to 6 without knowing I wouldn't be able to use it.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Walling 6 dot mods behind g12 was a nice way to keep people from spending money on 6 dot mods.

Why is it that people will slam the devs both for making things that cost money and for making things that don't?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    @NicWester

Because making sense isn't a priority. For some people it's all about getting what they want, regardless of what makes sense.
  • Options
    Solution! Slice your mods at the same time you gear your characters.... and don't stop farming mods so you have more good mods than just that on your arena team
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I know this thread is sorta older, but I swear there must be a competition on for most wrong op’s these days
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I know this thread is sorta older

It's three days old, settle down.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    It's very obvious that there is plenty of incentive not to 6* all your good mods. This is really terrible design, and it is a restriction that should not have been there in the first place. It only serves to widen the already massive gap between free to play people and pay to win people. It also makes balancing the game far more difficult, as the gap of potential power between G11 and G12 characters is enormous.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Maybe just have more than 30 good mods... 6 dot the ones on your arena team, and live with the fact that they can only be used by G12-toons. Then keep a few more decent mod sets at 5 dots, so you can move them around as needed.

As you progress you'll G12 more toons, and be able to use your 6 dot mods in other areas.
  • Options
    Docx wrote: »
    Made a post on Reddit but I will reiterate on the forums. This event and all future events are the exact reason why you shouldn’t 6* mods beyond your arena and fleet arena teams. All these mats for 6* mods from quests and GA will rot for me since I don’t want to be afraid of not having quality mods in the future for events such as this. Yes when I moved my traya triumvirate, nest, jtr mods to my Ewoks I got c3po 7* easily and could probably have put it on auto which is why I can’t upgrade their mods.

This game is about constantly upgrading your roster, why make it a hindrance to upgrade mods to 6*? Give me one example of how a 6* mod is broken at any point in the game for anyone below g12? Just make the requirements lvl 85 and 7* characters only and I will gladly spend my resources to 6* mods, until then quit rewarding us with 6* mod materials.

I got 3-CPO with G11 Ewoks and mostly blue and green mods with speed secondaries below 10. I absolutely recommend slicing mods to 6*. Overall your stats increase considerably. In the events you talk about mods become more important the less you are able to bring in the "right" toons (-> strategy/abilities) and/or fulfil gear requirements. I slice mods every day and still have a pile of mediocre/above average mods I can use in events.
  • Options
    I farm very specific mods for high-use characters. I grow tired of having to mod swap all the time. It hasn't taken long, and it's paying off in spades in Grand Arena when I compare speeds and sets with my opponent's rosters.

I'm slowly slicing my arena team to 6-dot, and will then switch to CLS and do the same.
  • ColtIce666
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I farm very specific mods for high-use characters. I grow tired of having to mod swap all the time. It hasn't taken long, and it's paying off in spades in Grand Arena when I compare speeds and sets with my opponent's rosters.

I'm slowly slicing my arena team to 6-dot, and will then switch to CLS and do the same.

This. I was just telling my guild mates how it blew my mind how poorly my opponents teams were modded with unmatched sets and little to no speed secondaries. As well as having less than 5* lvl 15 mods on their arena teams. I have more mods with speed than I can currently equip and can't understand with near identical GP they aren't even close to being in same ballpark.
    Are they not using the free mod energy they get daily?
  • Options
    ColtIce666 wrote: »

This. I was just telling my guild mates how it blew my mind how poorly my opponents teams were modded with unmatched sets and little to no speed secondaries. As well as having less than 5* lvl 15 mods on their arena teams. I have more mods with speed than I can currently equip and can't understand with near identical GP they aren't even close to being in same ballpark.

I guess not. My final round opponent had 20+ G12's, more Zetas than me, but only two characters over 200 speed. I had 4 G12's and 25 over 200+ speed. Wiped the floor with him and he stalled out after taking out my double defence zone and my ship zone.
  • Options

I level up all the faster mods I get from events and buy mods that have good stats I need. For example, if I see a potency cross with potency as a set and speed as a secondary I buy that. Or offense mods with speed or offense secondaries. But every so often, I level up the event mods and make sure the toons I use are equiped as best they can be. I do prioritize teams. Like my arena team gets the best mods and toons I may switch in from time to time next.

But if I take mods off a B team character, I always look through my unequiped mods and replace it with the best I have laying around. I don't remodd for events other than a legendary if needed. That's too much work.

Overall this leads to good mods on most of the top end of my roster, though there are still a few c and d teams that have crappy 1 dot mods because I haven't gotten around to them yet.
  • Options

Handling mods is still far from user friendly. I think that explains why many casual players, even the long term players, ignore mods. Personally I miss a filter option for mod level, filter ranges for stat values and something else I forgot about right now.
  • Options
    Member5973 wrote: »

Handling mods is still far from user friendly. I think that explains why many casual players, even the long term players, ignore mods. Personally I miss a filter option for mod level, filter ranges for stat values and something else I forgot about right now.

I get they can be a little overwhelming at first but no reason not to at least use the ingame recommendation or auto assign if they didn't feel like digging deeper. I really don't think it's that difficult
  • ColtIce666
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Sorry for the double post but I wanted to say that I was hesitant to slice to 6* over the g12 restriction but I then realized I didn't really move mods ever due to credit crunch or if I did it was to replace it with a faster one so it didn't make sense to me to put my g12s at a disadvantage because I might want to move a mod later. I should also say that I sell a lot more mods than I keep easily in the 10:1 range
  • Options
    Sell your white mods from the 3 common types (square, diamond & circle).

Sell your common-type mods that don't show speed secondaries, unless you have cash to burn. Then upgrade them just enough to see the rest of the secondaries (level 9 for green, 6 for blue, 3 for purple). If they have no speed secondaries at that point, sell them.

Upgrade everything you keep to level 12 to see how the speed plays out. Slice them all to at least blue if they're worth keeping. At that point, only slice mods with +10 or more speed to purple/gold, unless it's a special mod (like a CD set bonus with CD primary triangle) that you can put on a toon with good TM gain, so speed won't matter.

It used to be pretty worthless to slice mods from gold to 6-dot, but that was because it cost 3150 Guild Tokens for the pulse modulators, and whatever you got for 3150 GT was better than whatever the increase was from 5/gold to 6-dot. Now that you're getting pulse modulators for free in different events, you should farm just enough Amplifiers & Capacitors to keep up with your Pulse Modulator intake.

At that point, don't slice your best mods to 6-dot. Instead upgrade the perfect mod for your best character, even if that's not the best mod generally ... after all, you're not going to be able to swap it around (except to other g12s) after the upgrade. Slice those "best fit for my best characters" mods as fast as your pulse mods come in, but remember that when you have a choice, upgrade the mod that only works on that character BEFORE you upgrade the mod that would be amazing on anyone. That way the mods you're most tempted to swap are still able to be swapped for an extra month or two ... and during those couple months, hopefully you're still pulling in event-reward mods and hopefully 1 of those will pan out to be good for every 1 mod you slice to 6-dot and can no longer pass around.

That's how I maintain mod improvement/mod flexibility balance while keeping as many teams as possible at TW/GA-viable speeds (at least +70).
  • Options
    theres lots of things you shouldnt do that make no sense now that grand arena is a feature. like i got 330/330 c3p0 but not activating c3p0 because it will inflate my gp.

theres many dumb concepts that unfortunately because the bad design of grand arena even spending money now is something that can be detrimental. i hope ea/cg realizes the grand mistake they made and after december puts grand arena on the back burner.

then there we be alot less things that progress the account that you cant actually do. grand arena is detrimental to the longevity of the game.

What is it about the word "arena" that makes people lose their minds?

Anyone who's played the game long enough knows gp alone isn't a measure of much at all. Why get so hung up on a number? If you want to leave half your roster at 330/330 but not activated in the hopes that it will match you with a guy who's got a roster full of level 30s, be my guest.

But please stop acting like the game is forcing you to make that choice. It isn't.

Of course it is. You make that choice in deciding where you want the edge. Do you want the edge in GAs/TWs? Or do you want the edge in TBs/Raids + various other events?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

It's very easy to forget that the population of the forum, plus whatever discord channels you frequent, probably equates to a fraction of a percent of the total player base.

Most of the people playing aren't hardcore enough about it to bother looking up optimal teams, mod setups, etc. They just want to, you know, play a game. For the average person, cross-referencing online resources for a video game is too much work for them to have fun. And that's not intended as a negative, that's just how people are with most things. I can enjoy watching a football game, but knowing all the key players on every team and figuring out who needs to lose for Pittsburgh to make it to the playoffs just seems like a lot of work to me. But loads of people enjoy it.

So since they aren't privy to the optimal way to play, they probably just stick whatever mods they have on a character and forget about it. They'll lose handily if pitted against someone who delves into the minutiae, but against someone similar to themselves, they probably do fine.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    6dot mods are exclusive for a reason.

They can only go on G12 toons which requires both G12 and 7* as a consequence.

It rewards players who let’s say put the work in to get both Chewie and C-3PO to 7*.

Can they be used at 5* G11? Yes and they still both work well.

But they work even better at G12 with 6dot mods.

It is something that further penalizes players for using undergeared/starred toons in arena and I’m just fine with that.
  • Options
    I upgrade my mods to 6* because I don't move them around. Costs way too much credits for me to do so, really can't be bothered to do so and should be able to do these legendary events or whatever without them.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    Lolwut?
  • Options
    If you don't plan on remodding a ton, say if it has one specific purpose and you have them modded perfectly, then go ahead with 6* mods. If you think you'll change them, don't go that far then. Only g12s can use them, and that's limiting of stuff is moving around allot.
    Here's my one toon with all 6* mods:
    nlflstjmebsw.png
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    What a terribly inaccurate toon!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH