Jedi Luke (ROTJ)

Replies

• Options
    How is CLS beyond what Luke was at the start of ESB, exactly?
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Gannon
    1633 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    cls looks more like esb Luke, and Jedi Luke would be after that, Starting from jabbas palace
  • Options
    There’ll be Jedi Training Luke first.
  • Options
    Farm lando and lobot now.
  • Options
    I assume the timing will suck if people did not get Chewie or 3PO already. I suspect CG will release Jedi Luke the same time or shortly after restarting those events so someone had to spend to gearcthem up for the event.
  • Options
    Doesn't matter who is missing, they will find a way to cash in with Jedi Luke event.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    They're making enough money on Jedi Revan and Darth Revan as it is, I see no reason to assume they'll do exactly the same thing with Jedi Luke. CLS wasn't a huge money-maker--all the required toons have always been fairly easily accessible. This would just be CLS 2.0. And by making the required toons be an HJ, a Raid, a TB, a Legendary, and a GE-exclusive toons, they would limit Jedi Luke to only being accessible by end-game players. You not only have to be far along, but in a good guild. It's only "easy" if you already have those things. Just like Chewbacca was only "easy" to get if you'd already farmed Bounty Hunters.

So because they made money on Revan and a toon that hasn't even be released yet there's no reason to make money on Luke?

I like your optimism, I just can't share it.

It is easy, very easy and for more than just end game players.

R2 came back a second time just before CLS. Chewie is back now so unless Luke is dropping next week then Chewie will be back a 3rd, possibly 4th time before Luke drops. So yup, that's easy - and probably the hardest of those you mentioned to achieve.

Tbh if they released him with an all legendary/HJ toons requirement it could make loads of money off newer players. Imagine if u had most ready other than the BH for chewie? The temptation to splurge out just to 7* chewie will be there. Same for 3po and the others.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    They're making enough money on Jedi Revan and Darth Revan as it is, I see no reason to assume they'll do exactly the same thing with Jedi Luke. CLS wasn't a huge money-maker--all the required toons have always been fairly easily accessible. This would just be CLS 2.0. And by making the required toons be an HJ, a Raid, a TB, a Legendary, and a GE-exclusive toons, they would limit Jedi Luke to only being accessible by end-game players. You not only have to be far along, but in a good guild. It's only "easy" if you already have those things. Just like Chewbacca was only "easy" to get if you'd already farmed Bounty Hunters.

So because they made money on Revan and a toon that hasn't even be released yet there's no reason to make money on Luke?

I like your optimism, I just can't share it.

It is easy, very easy and for more than just end game players.

R2 came back a second time just before CLS. Chewie is back now so unless Luke is dropping next week then Chewie will be back a 3rd, possibly 4th time before Luke drops. So yup, that's easy - and probably the hardest of those you mentioned to achieve.

Tbh if they released him with an all legendary/HJ toons requirement it could make loads of money off newer players. Imagine if u had most ready other than the BH for chewie? The temptation to splurge out just to 7* chewie will be there. Same for 3po and the others.

It wouldn't surprise me tbh, especially with these legendaries requiring higher gear levels (although that probably has more to do with weekly shipments than anything else.)

I'm still expecting a bunch of marquee toons leading to another legendary that will be required for Jedi Luke.
  • Options
    People have been saying "Jedi Luke" will be released "any day now" since I came back to the game, which was in April.

Until I see one single word about it from an official source, I'm not worrying about it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Why do people still think Wampa. It never helped Luke become a Jedi. Lando and Lobot makes no sense either. More than likely be Han, Chewie, 3PO, R2, HY, and some marquee Leia
  • Options
    I don't get why people keep saying R2. He's been used as a req already. I highly doubt they'd use him again. Why require both R2 and CLS, if you need to use R2 to get CLS? If you have CLS, you have R2. SO using him as a req is a total freebie.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    Ok if it's like the other two hero's journeys it'll follow esb story. Rey followed ep 7 and cls followed ep 4.

So there will be a stage where you have to fight a wapma or other battles on hoth. Likely candidates needed are cls, hoth han, and maybe chewie. But likely just cls and hoth han to make it req more gear. Cls alone would be possible but they'll likely add hoth han to make you have him.

Then they'll likely be a few dagobah stages where you fight swamp things with cls, r2, and hoda. Maybe even fight a vader vision solo with cls as one of those.

Then a bespin stage with luke and r2 getting to vader. Fight stormtroopers.

Then a luke vs vader fight.

Then a final fight to escape bespin. Likely will need Rolo, chewie, r2, 3PO, and lando for this stage. And yes, it does fit since they need to escape to rescue luke from the bottom of cloud city.

And they could make money off that. All those that don't have chewie or 3PO would panic farm bh/ewoks to get them 7 star when they return concurrently with the event.

They could add rolo/hoda packs to have newer players panic farm those.

Hoth han is a cantina node many neglected so there's room for panic there two.

So in total you need 5 empire, 5bh, 5ewoks, 4 characters for cls journey, rolo, hoth han, hoda, and lando if I'm right. That's 24 characters so that's probably hard enough without any surprise marque characters. Yes, there are some end game players like myself that have all of those ready but there are plenty that are short and would spend.

And you need decently high gear for 3PO and chewie so that adds to the difficulty. You may also need rolo, lando, r2, chewie, and 3PO at high gear to complete the last stage. Or cls at high gear to complete the vader fight. Possibly may need hoth han at high gear but less likely since it's an early stage of the journey and tjose ate usually easy.

But gear could be another gate for this ine since as many have pointed out, the characters have been around for awhile. Though most that have cls, r2, 3PO, and chewie at 7 star probably already have tjem at g12 or are working on it because they are good in the game and completely worth gearing. That leaves a crunch for rolo and lando. Panic gearing them to g10 or g11 shouldn't be all that hard.
  • Options
    Been thinking this for a while, very well said. Requiring both TB long farms, and two recent legendary that are difficult to get in their own right seems like the perfect gateway. And I literally just slapped my forehead thinking, well of course it will be Bespin, NOT Jedi, Luke. The release of Chewy and 3Po are screaming for this, so notice is now given.
    Ok if it's like the other two hero's journeys it'll follow esb story. Rey followed ep 7 and cls followed ep 4.

So there will be a stage where you have to fight a wapma or other battles on hoth. Likely candidates needed are cls, hoth han, and maybe chewie. But likely just cls and hoth han to make it req more gear. Cls alone would be possible but they'll likely add hoth han to make you have him.

Then they'll likely be a few dagobah stages where you fight swamp things with cls, r2, and hoda. Maybe even fight a vader vision solo with cls as one of those.

Then a final fight to escape bespin. Likely will need Rolo, chewie, r2, 3PO, and lando for this stage. And yes, it does fit since they need to escape to rescue luke from the bottom of cloud city.

And they could make money off that. All those that don't have chewie or 3PO would panic farm bh/ewoks to get them 7 star when they return concurrently with the event.

So in total you need 5 empire, 5bh, 5ewoks, 4 characters for cls journey, rolo, hoth han, hoda, and lando if I'm right. That's 24 characters so that's probably hard enough without any surprise marque characters. Yes, there are some end game players like myself that have all of those ready but there are plenty that are short and would spend.

And you need decently high gear for 3PO and chewie so that adds to the difficulty. You may also need rolo, lando, r2, chewie, and 3PO at high gear to complete the last stage. Or cls at high gear to complete the vader fight. Possibly may need hoth han at high gear but less likely since it's an early stage of the journey and tjose ate usually easy.

But gear could be another gate for this ine since as many have pointed out, the characters have been around for awhile. Though most that have cls, r2, 3PO, and chewie at 7 star probably already have tjem at g12 or are working on it because they are good in the game and completely worth gearing. That leaves a crunch for rolo and lando. Panic gearing them to g10 or g11 shouldn't be all that hard.

• Options
    Been thinking this for a while, very well said. Requiring both TB long farms, and two recent legendary that are difficult to get in their own right seems like the perfect gateway. And I literally just slapped my forehead thinking, well of course it will be Bespin, NOT Jedi, Luke. The release of Chewy and 3Po are screaming for this, so notice is now given.

Cls pretty much is bespin luke. He is wearing the same clothes as when he fought vader. So a new character would be luke in his rotj clothes with a green lightsaber.
  • Options

Love this! But that means CG will inevitably not follow this pattern and do something completely random and illogical to milk the $$$ from the whales. I doubt CG follows the pattern they established with CLS and Rey. Just look at Revan...
  • Options

Love this! But that means CG will inevitably not follow this pattern and do something completely random and illogical to milk the $$$ from the whales. I doubt CG follows the pattern they established with CLS and Rey. Just look at Revan...

This already differs from the pattern by requiring 3 legenday toons, a hero's journey toon, and several toons that are hard to farm. But it makes sense story wise and they are pretty consistent in that aspect. I don't think there are many more marque characters you can add that would fit story wise.

And with a 24 character requirement and the possibility of high gear, there is plenty of room for profit from whales.
  • Gannon
    1633 posts Member
    Options

This already differs from the pattern by requiring 3 legenday toons, a hero's journey toon, and several toons that are hard to farm. But it makes sense story wise and they are pretty consistent in that aspect. I don't think there are many more marque characters you can add that would fit story wise.

And with a 24 character requirement and the possibility of high gear, there is plenty of room for profit from whales.

That's so overly complicated tho, they'd never do all that. It'll most likely be the same basic premise they've been using, 5 toons that haven't been used in other events, one of whom is cls.
    They'll likely just all be event toons (rolo), legendaries (chewy, etc), or long farm type rewards like hoda (which they added packs for ppl to buy).
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »

That's so overly complicated tho, they'd never do all that. It'll most likely be the same basic premise they've been using, 5 toons that haven't been used in other events, one of whom is cls.
    They'll likely just all be event toons (rolo), legendaries (chewy, etc), or long farm type rewards like hoda (which they added packs for ppl to buy).

Don’t you think Jedi Luke deserves these type of requirements rather than some dull newly released marquee cash grab toons? Everything he wrote makes since. Which is why I doubt CG will actually do it.
  • Options

Don’t you think Jedi Luke deserves these type of requirements rather than some dull newly released marquee cash grab toons? Everything he wrote makes since. Which is why I doubt CG will actually do it.

I have more faith in CG I guess. The hero's journeys so far make sense. All the characters needed for cls and jtr followed the characters luke/rey interacted with in ep4/ep7. So they likely will follow a pattern.

If they want to cash grab, they could just drop jedi luke next week.
  • Gannon
    1633 posts Member
    Options

I totally think Jedi Luke should have a decent story based journey like that, I just don't expect that much effort on their part.
    I'll hope for something like that, but prepare for a regular journey style event, so I'm not disappointed. Lol
    Also, I totally think they should use mostly (or all) toons like raid han, rolo, hoda, etc that aren't really panic farm accessible, but geared more toward long term players
  • Options

I totally think Jedi Luke should have a decent story based journey like that, I just don't expect that much effort on their part.
    I'll hope for something like that, but prepare for a regular journey style event, so I'm not disappointed. Lol
    Also, I totally think they should use mostly (or all) toons like raid han, rolo, hoda, etc that aren't really panic farm accessible, but geared more toward long term players

Agreed. I put in the work to farm Hoda (took like 5 months) assuming he’d be a needed toon. CG should totally reward long term players who’ve thought ahead. CLS was made available to basically everyone, but Jedi Luke should be much more exclusive and not rely on players shelling out $300-$400 to get him like Revan. I really hope CG never stoops as low as they did with Revan but I wouldn’t put it past them.
  • Options

I don't see raid han fitting in. The only time in esb that luke interacted with han was on hoth. So hoth han makes more sense. By the time they have to secape bespin to rescue luke, han is already in carbonite.

I suppose they could add a tier where the empire ambushes han, chewie, leia, and 3PO but it doesn't really fit all that well.
  • Options
    I have been thinking CLS, ROLO, HY, CHS, Chewbacca, C3PO, & Millennium Falcon. Tweak some variation of the characters, and the Falcon will be the real gate to the event. Whatever it's requirements will be the challenge. If not for the Falcon he'd still be hanging in Bespin. The only question I'd have about this is the presumed secondary requirement of raid Han Solo
  • Options
    yuuzhanron wrote: »
    I have been thinking CLS, ROLO, HY, CHS, Chewbacca, C3PO, & Millennium Falcon. Tweak some variation of the characters, and the Falcon will be the real gate to the event. Whatever it's requirements will be the challenge. If not for the Falcon he'd still be hanging in Bespin. The only question I'd have about this is the presumed secondary requirement of raid Han Solo

If it is the falcon rescuing luke, it'd be lando and chewie piloting not han.
  • Options

Requiring the Falcon would be a new low for them. So yeah, I think you’re onto something!
  • Options

Requiring the Falcon would be a new low for them. So yeah, I think you’re onto something!

So what req for the falcoln then? Most say bh ships but there isn't a bh capital ship so sounds fishy to me. I'm thinking maybe it reqires empire ships plus slave 1.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Why would it follow ESB? The Luke we have in game is Bespin Luke, pretty much one of the final scenes in the movie.

Jedi Luke has to follow ROTJ, due to the fact, as Yoda points out in ESB and ROTJ, Luke isn't a jedi...yet. theyd have to call it 'almost there but not quite a jedi Luke' if based on ESB.
    https://youtu.be/eUB6Un9TR7o
    He isn't Jedi Luke until after he confronts Vader at end of RoTJ - as Yoda states in the above scene

If it does follow ROTJ, then this gives CG scope for the 2 additional 'money making' toons people assume will be needed. Commander Solo (Endor Version), and Leia (Endor Version). The other 3 toons will be Chewy, 3po and R2 (and an AI CLS similar to Revan event).

However, it is possible that they may make it a style of event we haven't seen before, or the journey could span both ESB and ROTJ. Lobot in my eyes is a stretch as he doesn't share any scene with Luke - Lando, CHS, ROLO, HYoda, Hoth Soldier twins are all possible candidates tho.

In my eyes it would go:

phase 1: Luke Vs Wampa

Phase 2: Hermit Yoda, R2, CLS on dagobah

Phase 3: Chewy, ROLO, Lando, R2, 3PO on Bespin

Phase 4: CLS Vs Vader on Bespin

Phase 5: AI Luke (black robes), R2, 3PO, Chewy, Raid Han/Lando at Jabbas Palace

Phase 6: AI Luke (Black robes), R2, 3PO, Chewy, Endor Han, Endor Leia

Phase 7: Jedi Luke Vs EP & Vader

To achieve this you'd need:
    5 7* Rebels
    5 7* Empire
    5 7* Ewoks
    5 7* BH
    Long farm on Hyoda
    Long farm on CHS
    Long farm on Rolo
    Lando
    Raid Han (possibly).
    Endor Han (marquee?)
    Endor Leia (marquee?)

Thats a lot of toons
    Post edited by Reyalp on
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Why would it follow ESB? The Luke we have in game is Bespin Luke, pretty much one of the final scenes in the movie.

Jedi Luke has to follow ROTJ, due to the fact, as Yoda points out in ESB and ROTJ, Luke isn't a jedi...yet. theyd have to call it 'almost there but not quite a jedi Luke' if based on ESB.
    He isn't Jedi Luke until after he confronts Vader at end of RoTJ - as Yoda states in the above scene

If it does follow ROTJ, then this gives CG scope for the 2 additional 'money making' toons people assume will be needed. Commander Solo (Endor Version), and Leia (Endor Version). The other 3 toons will be Chewy, 3po and R2 (and an AI CLS similar to Revan event).

However, it is possible that they may make it a style of event we haven't seen before, or the journey could span both ESB and ROTJ. Lobot in my eyes is a stretch as he doesn't share any scene with Luke - Lando, CHS, ROLO, HYoda, Hoth Soldier twins are all possible candidates tho.

In my eyes it would go:

5 7* Rebels
    5 7* Empire
    5 7* Ewoks
    5 7* BH
    Long farm on Hyoda
    Long farm on CHS
    Long farm on Rolo
    Lando
    Raid Han (possibly).
    Endor Han (marquee?)
    Endor Leia (marquee?)

Thats a lot of toons

Please don’t give them any ideas. This is a terrible scenario. Requiring marquees turns the event into a whalefest only.
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »

In my eyes it would go:

5 7* Rebels
    5 7* Empire
    5 7* Ewoks
    5 7* BH
    Long farm on Hyoda
    Long farm on CHS
    Long farm on Rolo
    Lando
    Raid Han (possibly).
    Endor Han (marquee?)
    Endor Leia (marquee?)

Thats a lot of toons

Why would they follow esb? Maybe because all the hero's journey charactets follow one movie. We got cls from an event that followed ep4. Even though he's bespin luke he still only req ep 4 characters. Ep 8 rey only req ep 7 characters. So it's logical ep 6 luke would req ep 5 characters. And the sematics about him technically not being a jedi until the end is just semantics. He was just as powerful at the beginning of the movie as the end. The confrontation with vader was a test but didn't make him any more powerful or anything like that.

I'd love a future hero's journey requiring ep 6 characters. Maybe we could unlock grand master luke from legends. But requiring two movies worth of characters is excessive, there is no precedent in game, and would be a massive cash grab slap in the face to the community.