The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Prev13456715
Sunnie1978
2937 posts Moderator
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Territory Wars are something we will continue to experiment with and change over time. While picks and bans may return, we would love to hear more of your feedback on what you would like to see in future Territory Wars events. After the current Community Voted Territory Wars is complete, we will be running some special bonuses for the next Territory Wars on 1/17/2019. Check out the details below and get strategizing!

Endless Ranks - Imperial Troopers
At the start of battle, Imperial Troopers gain 5 stacks of Endless Ranks. When an enemy is defeated, all Imperial Troopers gain 1 stack of Endless Ranks, up to 10 stacks.

Endless Ranks: When an Imperial Trooper is defeated, they consume 1 stack of Endless Ranks from all Imperial Trooper allies, revive with 100% Health and 100% Protection, reset all their cooldowns, and gain a bonus turn

Army of the Galactic Republic - Clone Troopers
At the start of battle, Clone Troopers gain 50% Health, 50% Protection, 50% Offense, and 50% Defense for each Clone Trooper ally. Clone Troopers gain 100% Critical Chance and 100% Critical Damage while they have no debuffs. When they attack out of turn, Clone Troopers dispel all debuffs on other Clone Troopers allies, dispel all buffs on the target enemy, and gain 20% Turn Meter.

Fury of the Forest - Ewok
Ewoks have a cooldown of 0 on all abilities.

Ruthless Salvagers - Jawas
Jawas have 50% chance to Stun the target enemy when they use an ability, which can't be evaded. Jawas gain 20% Offense for each Stunned enemy. When Jawas attack a Stunned enemy, they Shock them for 2 turns and call all other Jawa allies to assist. (Note: Jawas that are called to assist can call other Jawas for further assist.)

Ship: First Order - Full Blown Assault
First Order allies gain Advantage for 2 turns at the start of battle and whenever they are inflicted with a debuff. If they have Advantage when they use an ability, First Order allies recover 10% Health and 10% Protection and inflict Target Lock on target enemy for 2 turns.

DEV POST

Replies

• No more bans. Ever. It’s dumb. I’m not crazy about any of these ideas. How about you leave TW alone and make your craptastic Grand Arena your Laboratory for Bad Ideas
  • No more bans. Ever. It’s dumb. I’m not crazy about any of these ideas. How about you leave TW alone and make your craptastic Grand Arena your Laboratory for Bad Ideas

Seconded. I'll boycott future TWs that feature toon bans.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Jawas ftw!
  • That rangetrooper squad got scarier!

I’m down with this. Maybe have a flux of every other tw with a bonus.
  • Lol they’re are still not listening to feedback.
    Please devs we don’t want picks and bans ever again.
  • Now this is podracing!
  • This TW almost made me quit the game. YOU the community. Please don’t insult us like that again. Ever.
  • The bans and community exclusions were an unfortunate neutering of almost al factions. I honestly hope to never see them again.
  • Picks good
    Bans bad
    BRAINS!!!
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    1. Please stop calling this the “community voted TW”, everyone knows that is not an accurate way to describe this thing.

2. The new bonuses look amazingly cool

3. Are you aware that the Ewoks could easily get stuck in an infinite loop of offense?
  • Oh good Lord.. will you please stop.
  • This is the least “fun and playful” thing you have ever rolled out. Terrible idea. Had you probed the community before making this event I’m sure you would have been told overwhelmingly it’s a terrible idea
  • In my opinion bonuses in Territory wars are awesome, being rewarded for having a B team is nice. Loved the November TW and these new buffs look interesting. In conclusion buffs are good, nerf/bans are bad.
  • Imperial Troopers and Ewoks are going to be tough.
  • I think the Ewok bonus probably is a mistake waiting to happen, and is most likely to result in player-unfriendly gameplay. I also think the Clone bonus is the only other one that is likely to change the usability of a faction, but it still might not be enough, since speed is likely to still be an issue.
  • pretty disappointing that you would completely ruin TW, the fact that full teams cannot work together, completely ruined it after taking it away for so long. one of the more fun aspects of this game. what else are you guys going to mess up??
  • This is what I’m talking about!!! Added bonuses/buffs are great!! Makes normally irrelevant teams viable!! Should be very interesting.

Don’t ban toons. No one likes that idea
  • Oh good Lord.. will you please stop.

I think the general consensus is that the bonuses are pretty popular and fun. Far, far better than the bans anyway.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I already warned my guild to be careful because no one and I mean no one is expecting the Imperial Ewok-quistion!
  • Do what ever you want but do not remove toon Like you did
  • @CG_SBCrumb will the Troopers revive from Annihilate or any of the other abilities that block revives?
  • Never do that type of ban ever again. All it did was create a poop storm of uncoordinated teams.

Suggestions:
    - No Mod mode
    - Standard unlocked g11 toons for EVERYONE (everyone has the same roster)
    - Reversii: All characters under g7 are brought up to 7. All your g12 become g7 and vice-versa. all g8 become g11 (and VV), all g9 become g10 (and VV).
    - Any other faction or counter factions boost (i.e. Darth Traya gets a 1000% offence bonus against Jedi [a la reverse Mace Windu]) or similar to the ones done this round.
    - Never banning characters ever again.
    - Just don't do it.
    - Ever. No one in my entire 500+ person mega guild "liked" it. Some merely tolerated it as the gimmick it was, most thought it was absolutely punishing rather than rewarding.

Taking something "away" is not usually as good a feeling as "giving" a buff. Much better PR regardless of "similar" possible outcome of "mixing it up".
  • "Bans may return" - they have to be blind or its a sick joke. Either way my wallet will stay closed this year.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    1. Please stop calling this the “community voted TW”, everyone knows that is not an accurate way to describe this thing.

2. The new bonuses look amazingly cool

3. Are you aware that the Ewoks could easily get stuck in an infinite loop of offense?

probably not
    with ai
    wicket will probably spam aoe
    logray will probably spam dispel
    paploo will probably spam assist call
    ee will probably spam heal
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I think the implication is that Jawas keep attacking infinitely against a stunned enemy?
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I like that they abandoned the ban idea for now, although i think it’s hilarious they never addressed the negative feedback whatsoever.

unless you consider the ostrich maneuver a response
  • @CG_SBCrumb while you may think it’s a good idea to bring picks and bans back to TW, don’t. It’s not a good idea. It’s a brainless and lazy tactic that EVERYONE hates. Not to mention banning toons throws the GP matchmaking out of whack so don’t.

Now adding faction buffs like this?? THAT is a good idea. That’s what the community wants. Want some feedback that’s simple and will make everyone happy? Stop banning toons. Kthxbye
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »

They are really going to be murder bears now! You need to throw a wrench in their plans before they hit a critical mass of TM.
    This is the least “fun and playful” thing you have ever rolled out. Terrible idea. Had you probed the community before making this event I’m sure you would have been told overwhelmingly it’s a terrible idea
    Thank you for the feedback but I can find you examples on this very forum that say the Nov. Clone Wars bonuses was something folks enjoyed and would like to see for this next TW instead of picks and bans. Don't forget that prior to all of this, many players were unhappy with the lack of variety in TW as they were fighting the same teams over and over again.

We want to keep Territory Wars fresh and interesting but this means we need to try new things. Remember that the future of TW is not set in stone and we will continue to evolve it. If you don't like it, that's fine, let us know what you would like to see for next time.
  • Worst_Idea_Ever
    233 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    OMG he just said ‘bans may return’ and ‘we’d love to hear more feedback’ in the same sentence. :D:D:D
    Post edited by Worst_Idea_Ever on
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
This discussion has been closed.