Who is the Best Avenger?

Replies

• EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    If we're going off of the current avengers? Thor, mainly because as much as I love both Cap and Iron Man they've both got fairly bad flaws when it comes to how they handle things. I appreciate Thor's character development throughout the MCU.

The next wave? Spidey, hands down my all time favorite and always will be. Thwip Thwip
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Iron Man
    I would have said Thor earlier in life, but the Avenger Movies reminded me how much I liked Iron Man in my younger days. Especially after his redemption with the nuke and diverting it.

Ahh the days spent arguing who would win in a fight lol
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    If we're going off of the current avengers? Thor, mainly because as much as I love both Cap and Iron Man they've both got fairly bad flaws when it comes to how they handle things. I appreciate Thor's character development throughout the MCU.

The next wave? Spidey, hands down my all time favorite and always will be. Thwip Thwip

But aren't character flaws what make some characters more relate-able? I would expect a god like Thor to have a shallower curve than Tony Stark, but the first Thor movie had him learn humility, which for a team effort is just as big of a flaw as Tony Stark. I am surprised that Cap and Tony fought and not Tony and Thor.
  • Iron Man
    RDJ's "colorful" past lends itself to the playboy image of Tony Stark, it's like he was born to play Iron Man. Can't imagine anyone else playing him now. To be fair the entire cast is awesome.
  • RDJ's "colorful" past lends itself to the playboy image of Tony Stark, it's like he was born to play Iron Man. Can't imagine anyone else playing him now. To be fair the entire cast is awesome.

Marvel knows how to do it, I can't say much, since I still have to watch a majority of the movies still. Just made it to The Avengers. NYC got trashed!!!
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »

But aren't character flaws what make some characters more relate-able? I would expect a god like Thor to have a shallower curve than Tony Stark, but the first Thor movie had him learn humility, which for a team effort is just as big of a flaw as Tony Stark. I am surprised that Cap and Tony fought and not Tony and Thor.

Absolutely, like I said this is just my own personal opinion in regards to the movies. Cap has a very rigid moral compass in that there is no gray which while admirable doesn't work in what he's trying to do, that and despite being right in Civil War he caused some serious damage which weakened Earth intentionally or not, Tony is also responsible for this.

At the end of the day I'm just glad the characters have been done justice. Everybody picked has fit the character perfectly.

Not to mention I'm just so stoked that Spidey finally got the MCU treatment

Absolutely, like I said this is just my own personal opinion in regards to the movies. Cap has a very rigid moral compass in that there is no gray which while admirable doesn't work in what he's trying to do, that and despite being right in Civil War he caused some serious damage which weakened Earth intentionally or not, Tony is also responsible for this.

At the end of the day I'm just glad the characters have been done justice. Everybody picked has fit the character perfectly.

They did a good job at casting. Only issues is there are 3 Bruce Banners and like 5 spidermen, so that ties into the multiverse concept. lol.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member

They did a good job at casting. Only issues is there are 3 Bruce Banners and like 5 spidermen, so that ties into the multiverse concept. lol.

Personally I really enjoyed Ed Norton as Banner, as for Spidey while I liked them all, this current casting is literally perfect.

Personally I really enjoyed Ed Norton as Banner, as for Spidey while I liked them all, this current casting is literally perfect.

Ed Norton was legit! Also this spidey is cool. I did like the iron man/"father" figure tie in. Also SHOCKER!!!! My fav baddie.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Iron Man

Ed Norton was legit! Also this spidey is cool. I did like the iron man/"father" figure tie in. Also SHOCKER!!!! My fav baddie.

I liked Ed Norton too. I was upset at the re-cast to Ruffalo initially but he has made the role his own.

I just hate re-casts, period. Watching Hulk now, loses its MCU feel. It just feels like a stand alone Hulk movie.
  • Boo wrote: »

I liked Ed Norton too. I was upset at the re-cast to Ruffalo initially but he has made the role his own.

I just hate re-casts, period. Watching Hulk now, loses its MCU feel. It just feels like a stand alone Hulk movie.

I know. I agree that Ed and Ruffs both had good versions.
  • Iron Man
    I prefer the current "Avengers" Hulk. Mark R. is my favorite of all the incarnations, save Bill Bixby, cause well..
  • I prefer the current "Avengers" Hulk. Mark R. is my favorite of all the incarnations, save Bill Bixby, cause well..

Lou Ferrigno?I loved his cameo in the Ed Norton Hulk.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Iron Man
    Why I like Iron Man is he has shown considerable growth as a character throughout the MCU. He has overcome many obstacles and to top it off, he doesn't have any Super powers. Like Bat Man he relies on his gadgets, money and intelligence.

I equally like Thor, but he has powers and is therefore entitled to do great things - but Iron Man earned everything himself.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Iron Man

Not sure I like some of the casting for the side characters in the MCU Spidey - Aunt May was always supposed to be an old lady, and the MJ is no longer the iconic red head the fans know and love.

I just disagree when established characters are changed like that - I'm a purest, lol
  • TheBatman
    71 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm clearly the best Avenger.
  • Thor
    Batman. Because he’s Batman.

Not sure I like some of the casting for the side characters in the MCU Spidey - Aunt May was always supposed to be an old lady, and the MJ is no longer the iconic red head the fans know and love.

I just disagree when established characters are changed like that - I'm a purest, lol

If Aunt May were old, it would just be weird for Tony Stark to hit on her.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Iron Man
    Boo wrote: »

Well I am sure he wouldn't have hit on her - who knows, maybe he likes older women? lol

Well I am sure he wouldn't have hit on her - who knows, maybe he likes older women? lol

Pots is his main, but he either sleeps with or shows interest in many of the attractive female characters in his movies.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Iron Man

Pots is his main, but he either sleeps with or shows interest in many of the attractive female characters in his movies.

Ya that's always confused me, because ther was this big love story between him and Potts, but then he at least flirts with other women. Its a bit strange, but maybe it was an issue securing Paltrow as a constant returning character - even though she has done so time and time again.

Its a bit weird.

Ya that's always confused me, because ther was this big love story between him and Potts, but then he at least flirts with other women. Its a bit strange, but maybe it was an issue securing Paltrow as a constant returning character - even though she has done so time and time again.

Its a bit weird.

That part is easy. Tony Stark identifies as a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist. Playboy being the part where he is... cavalier in his relationships?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Iron Man

Its a bit weird.

That part is easy. Tony Stark identifies as a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist. Playboy being the part where he is... cavalier in his relationships?

That's all very true, but I thought Potts was very much aware of that and they reached an understanding - his loyalty to her, no?

Its a bit weird.

That's all very true, but I thought Potts was very much aware of that and they reached an understanding - his loyalty to her, no?

So open relationship it is.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hey folks, let's reel this conversation back in from Tony Stark's sex life, thanks.

Batman has voiced his opinion though, so apparently, he is an Avenger?
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    Hey folks, let's reel this conversation back in from Tony Stark's sex life, thanks.

Mind passing that memo onto the writers of the movies?
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    EA_Cian wrote: »

So I am going to ask that we remember that while something may happen in films, that doesn't immediately make it appropriate discussion for the forums, so let's please try to move on otherwise we will have to lock the thread. :smile:

Also, while thinking about if I should (finally) reveal my favorite Avenger I started wondering, are we just talking Avengers or just MCU characters in general? Could impact my answer. :sweat_smile:
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    EA_Cian wrote: »

So I am going to ask that we remember that while something may happen in films, that doesn't immediately make it appropriate discussion for the forums, so let's please try to move on otherwise we will have to lock the thread. :smile:

Also, while thinking about if I should (finally) reveal my favorite Avenger I started wondering, are we just talking Avengers or just MCU characters in general? Could impact my answer. :sweat_smile:

I'm messing with you, I wasn't going to go any further than what I said.

As for favorite avenger, why not both? Make the conversation go in a different more interesting direction.
    For me in universe I would say Capt America by a narrow margin with Mr Stark.
    As for in general, Wolverine claws down.
  • Obviously we all love deadpool.