Scheduled Update 1/30/2019 [MEGA]

Prev1
Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes!
We are updating the client today, 1/30/19, with some minor fixes and adding the February Calendar.

CHANGES
  • February calendar is live and the login character is L3-37!
  • Added a "frame story" to each mission in Legend of the Old Republic to help better explain what is going on in each mission.
      Context: Knights of the Old Republic is a big game, and distilling it into a mobile experience is... challenging. Given that it also released 15 years ago, there is a considerable chance users will either have never played the game, or otherwise not know what each mission is trying to represent. By adding these additional lines we hope players can get a better sense of the overall narrative and what parts of KotOR each mission is approximating. -CapGasp

FIXES
    • LOCALISATION - Fixed First Order’s Special Territory Wars Ability description to mention that the bonus only applies to First Order Ships
    • UNIT - Fixed a bug that caused Jawas to call assists from Ruthless Salvagers more often than intended.
      • Jawa’s Special Territory Wars Ability, Ruthless Salvagers, description changed to: “When Jawas use a basic attack on a Stunned enemy, they Shock them for 2 turns and call all other Jawa allies to assist”

<<DEV POST>>

Replies

• Kyno
      32087 posts Moderator
      [Reserved]
    • Does this mean that the Jawa bonus got nerfed? Reading the new description makes it appear that they can no longer continue to assist.
    • Kyno
      32087 posts Moderator
      Does this mean that the Jawa bonus got nerfed? Reading the new description makes it appear that they can no longer continue to assist.

They were assisting more than they should.
    • Ultra
      11423 posts Moderator
      Does this mean that the Jawa bonus got nerfed? Reading the new description makes it appear that they can no longer continue to assist.
      Yes. Previously they had 50% chance to stun and then call infinite assists. They removed the stun chance
    • vincentlondon
      4527 posts Member
      edited January 2019
      Nice update
    • Gannon
      1619 posts Member
      Kyno wrote: »

Did you guys fix the ewok infinite loop also? it wasn't good defensively, cuz ai didn't utilize the same ability over and over, but it'd be good to know.. 👀
    • Kyno
      32087 posts Moderator
      Gannon wrote: »

Did you guys fix the ewok infinite loop also? it wasn't good defensively, cuz ai didn't utilize the same ability over and over, but it'd be good to know.. 👀

Quoting me and saying you guys in reference to doing anything in game doesnt work. I am not a dev.
    • Gannon
      1619 posts Member
      Gannon wrote: »

Quoting me and saying you guys in reference to doing anything in game doesnt work. I am not a dev.

😆 blonde moment, sorry. For some reason I thought the comment was crumb.. Lol
    • Hey Kyno could you ask if there a way for player who have already done Revan event get to redo it to see the frame story? If not I understand but being Freaky huge fan of Kotor I would like to see it
    • Kyno
      32087 posts Moderator
      Badpaladin wrote: »
      Hey Kyno could you ask if there a way for player who have already done Revan event get to redo it to see the frame story? If not I understand but being Freaky huge fan of Kotor I would like to see it

when they introduced mythic events i believe they said these events are on the list to also get that treatment at some point.
    • Kyno wrote: »
      Hey Kyno could you ask if there a way for player who have already done Revan event get to redo it to see the frame story? If not I understand but being Freaky huge fan of Kotor I would like to see it

when they introduced mythic events i believe they said these events are on the list to also get that treatment at some point.

I’d just like to play it again even if there was no reward just to see changes
    • Yeah would love mythic hero journey events to come to the game
    • Kyno
      32087 posts Moderator

agree, that was always the suggestion from the beginning, especially for the HJ (and now AHJ). so much story line the actual universe we all love and its over in one run. they do so much work they should share that with us.
    • How about fixing the pages and pages of bugs that have been flagged for months? One or two bug fixes per update is atrocious.
    • maraexibil
      197 posts Member
      edited January 2019
      Correction, found the thread. Bonuses will apply to TW that starts Jan 31, not ends Jan 31.
      It looks like no bonuses are being applied to the ongoing TW. Is this a mistake? Verified personally that Endless Ranks and Ewok zero cooldown are not available.
    • maraexibil wrote: »
      It looks like no bonuses are being applied to the ongoing TW. Is this a mistake? Verified personally that Endless Ranks and Ewok zero cooldown are not available.

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that this TW is a “vanilla” TW meaning no bonuses for any faction.
    • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
      maraexibil wrote: »

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that this TW is a “vanilla” TW meaning no bonuses for any faction.

Thanks! I found the correct thread, too. The bonus will apply to the TW that starts Jan 31, not ends 31.
    • Does this mean that the Jawa bonus got nerfed? Reading the new description makes it appear that they can no longer continue to assist.

The last jawa bonus was broken. It generated assists against toons that weren't stunned, including toons that couldn't be stunned (eg guarded, zjyn).

It appears the answer for a quick fix was to remove the stun component.

The new description however doesnt clarify if the assist element from the 'old' bonus with which the assisting jawa continues to call further assists is still there.

If it is, they just buffed the jawa ability further.

If it isn't, then jawas won't be "crazy" as the TW post suggested.
      How about fixing the pages and pages of bugs that have been flagged for months? One or two bug fixes per update is atrocious.

Falcon was fixed within a few days (?), breach is still bugged to this day. It's ridiculous.

The last jawa bonus was broken. It generated assists against toons that weren't stunned, including toons that couldn't be stunned (eg guarded, zjyn).

It appears the answer for a quick fix was to remove the stun component.

The new description however doesnt clarify if the assist element from the 'old' bonus with which the assisting jawa continues to call further assists is still there.

If it is, they just buffed the jawa ability further.

If it isn't, then jawas won't be "crazy" as the TW post suggested.

Still sounds as broken as it was. Just use 2 jawas (put accuracy arrow mods on them to make sure they don't miss their attacks) and any char with a stun ability and let them go into infinite basics (calling each other as assist again and again) untill the target is dead.
      Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    • What about the farming nodes for Carth and Juhani? Are they going to be in the game soon?
    • Nauros
      5429 posts Member
      Gr1evous wrote: »
      What about the farming nodes for Carth and Juhani? Are they going to be in the game soon?

I think they should come next week, according to the release cadence. I'm waiting for them as well, my Canderous is almost 7* so it's time to switch to the next cantina farm...
    • Gr1evous wrote: »
      What about the farming nodes for Carth and Juhani? Are they going to be in the game soon?

Feb 6 - Feb 20 (4-6 weeks after they moved to shipments/chromiums)
      Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    • Nauros wrote: »

I think they should come next week, according to the release cadence. I'm waiting for them as well, my Canderous is almost 7* so it's time to switch to the next cantina farm...

Same with Canderous, need to move fast on those other characters, already reloading Bastilla fallen node two times a day, how you doing with her fragments?
    • Pariah_Anchorite
      836 posts Member
      edited January 2019

agree, that was always the suggestion from the beginning, especially for the HJ (and now AHJ). so much story line the actual universe we all love and its over in one run. they do so much work they should share that with us.

AHJ, anti-hero’s journey? That’s a bit of a spoiler for those speculations about Malak and more confirms Darth Revan. Though I never thought there was much else in mind besides Reven

Need 50 for Canderous, 50 for Juhani. 88 zetas and 115 omegas ready. XD
    • TheSaint
      28 posts Member
      edited January 2019

AHJ, anti-hero’s journey? That’s a bit of a spoiler for those speculations about Malak and more confirms Darth Revan. Though I never thought there was much else in mind besides Reven

Ancient Hero's journey; Jedi Knight Revan..

• Nauros
      5429 posts Member
      Nauros wrote: »

Same with Canderous, need to move fast on those other characters, already reloading Bastilla fallen node two times a day, how you doing with her fragments?

11/85 for 6*, refreshing twice daily. Looks feasible by the end of February, but another hard node farm (if there is one) will be tough...
      maraexibil wrote: »

I thought it was today and had my Ewoks get absolutely rekt by a sith team. Last time they had no cooldowns I used them to take a way more powerful team out. When I went to use Teebos 100% tm again I realized the magnitude of my mistake.
    • Nauros wrote: »

11/85 for 6*, refreshing twice daily. Looks feasible by the end of February, but another hard node farm (if there is one) will be tough...

Same here, it seems they are going to force us to pay some money to get those last 2 to 7* for the event no matter what
    • Nauros
      5429 posts Member

Same here, it seems they are going to force us to pay some money to get those last 2 to 7* for the event no matter what

Yeah, we had at least the ship nodes to help for JK Revan. If they give us a single hard node farm without a complementary ship node, it will be another step away from ftp.