General Grievous Rework Gameplay Unveiling with Text! WE DID IT!

Replies

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    aclay74 wrote: »
    Very disappointed right now. The Reven meta is just so boring. 48 of the top 50 on my shard is running a Reven team and it doesn't look like the Jedi killer is going to change that at all.

Totally agree. The whole top 50 is Revan in my shard. I almost feel sorry for them. How boring and frustrating it must be. At least around the 400-200 mark where I sit the paper-rock-scissors element works a whole lot better as switching squads makes climbing the ladder a whole lot easier rather than just relying on one squad.

Revan is maybe just a little bit too good and too accessible. I think a lot of people had their hopes on GG at least mixing things up until the actual Revan counter is released.

The problem is though, that they made a rod for their own back with Revan, and then decided that nerfing other toons (such as Nest) to keep him untouchable was the way forward. As a result, existing toons require major reworking (as illustrated by GG/Droids) which still don't get close. I'm all for the occasional power creep in moderation, but it now seems they've boxed themselves in. To kill the Revan meta they need to release a toon more powerful than him - probably Darth Revan - but that will just mean more Revan Vs Revan for 6 months. I can see Jedi Luke eventually being the top dog, but I can't even begin to fathom his power and abilities that would be enough to untopple Revan. Then we'll be back to the same situation.

They missed their chance at balancing when they reworked BHs. Making them not Arena viable, which they said at the time so was premeditated, was the wrong decision at the wrong time.

Edit: I also don't see Jedi Luke coming any time soon for the above reason - he'd be plug and play in the Revan team given he's likely to have 'Jedi' tag... :( . I don't think they've worked out how to get round that at this point.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting to see this team work like the videos you posted.

Case in point @Kyno
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Case in point Kyno

@Nikoms565 I am not questioning that they are not functioning Luke they did in the video, just looking for clarification on who made the video. Did the GC just put up a clip, or did they make the clip on the test server, there is a big difference there.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Case in point Kyno

@Nikoms565 I am not questioning that they are not functioning Luke they did in the video, just looking for clarification on who made the video. Did the GC just put up a clip, or did they make the clip on the test server, there is a big difference there.

I'm sure analtd said it was CG supplied clip. Therefore, a trap.
  • Options
    Thanks for assisting in this mass ripoff trick, Ahnald.
  • Options

Not his fault tho is it? CG supplied the material and like the fan boy he is he didn't look at it objectively.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »

Not his fault tho is it? CG supplied the material and like the fan boy he is he didn't look at it objectively.
    haha, aren't you giving exacty the reason why it is his fault atleast partially?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

haha, aren't you giving exacty the reason why it is his fault atleast partially?

To suggest that Ahnald is a willing accomplice is absurd and unfair. I know y'all are angry but be smart.
  • Options

And you believed him so really it’s all your fault. I blame you.
  • Options
    The poor guy has been raving for years about GG rework. He's made no effort to hide that. Don't round on him cause his excitement got the better of him. If anything the blame falls squarely on CG, who used him as the delivery method (probably knowing he'd go all gooey eyed) and those who invested their gear without a second thought.
  • Options
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Slappy wrote: »
    @AhnaldT101 these droids are a joke. In the video was you fighting gear 10 revan teams? Are you really pleased with this rework? I don’t think it’s very good at all. Definitely not META and they are no “Jedi killers” by any means.

It was footage that GC supplied to him. AhnaldT101 isn't to blame for this. This is legitimate false advertisement directly from CG.

Give them a chance to redeem themselves. Something is not working and I doubt it's just B1. If not and they are still garbage after a hotfix I'll thoroughly agree with you.

Yeah, there is a bug in the interaction between B1 and Metalloid Monstrosity.

B1 does lose stacks to it, yes. But it can also kill him.

Fix that, Capital Games.
  • Options

If people who have watched his and mobilegamer's videos hadn't long ago come to the conclusion that those two have little clue as to how to play this game.... then it is their own fault :)
  • Options

Yeah, me too. I was really excited.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »

To suggest that Ahnald is a willing accomplice is absurd and unfair. I know y'all are angry but be smart.

He's part of the gamechanger program, so by default he's complicit. He's also smart enough to realize how his relationship with ea/cg works. He knows he's making promotional material and he's fine with that. In fact, he benefits from doing exactly that.
    Please note i'm not saying he knew about the droids before putting out that vid or anything like that, but he definately knows ea/cg are using him. He's comfortable with that, so yea..
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

If people who have watched his and mobilegamer's videos hadn't long ago come to the conclusion that those two have little clue as to how to play this game.... then it is their own fault :)

The best life lesson for this game - there's always a bigger fool..I mean fish.

Let someone else try it in arena, and observe it in the wild. If it plummets overnight, don't bother with it. Saves a lot of time and money
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

i only watch cubsfanhan, that guy is a pro.
  • Options

Case in point Kyno

Honestly, who recorded the video is irrelevant. Either CG supplied the clip or Ahnald recorded the video based on the content to the test servers that CG changed. Either way, the results on the videos (i.e. GG teams tearing Revan team after Revan team to shreds) have CG as the source. Let's not tarry about whose computer did the recording.

The content provided by CG in the video does not match the results any of us seeing in arena. And it's not even close. We simply want to know why.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

Case in point Kyno

Honestly, who recorded the video is irrelevant. Either CG supplied the clip or Ahnald recorded the video based on the content to the test servers that CG changed. Either way, the results on the videos (i.e. GG teams tearing Revan team after Revan team to shreds) have CG as the source. Let's not tarry about whose computer did the recording.

The content provided by CG in the video does not match the results any of us seeing in arena. And it's not even close. We simply want to know why.

Do you buy a house when you haven't seen it? Do you buy a car cause the guy says low mileage and don't bother checking? This is exactly the same thing. One source showed you something that didn't disclose details or parameters, and you didn't second guess it or independently verify it with a second source. Caveat Emptor
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Case in point Kyno

Do you buy a house when you haven't seen it? Do you buy a car cause the guy says low mileage and don't bother checking? This is exactly the same thing. One source showed you something that didn't disclose details or parameters, and you didn't second guess it or independently verify it with a second source. Caveat Emptor

Whether i do or don't buy the car after checking the mileage doesn't make the guy trying to sell it by saying it has low mileage any less of an a-hool though.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

Case in point Kyno

Whether i do or don't buy the car after checking the mileage doesn't make the guy trying to sell it by saying it has low mileage any less of an a-hool though.

I still respectfully disagree with your point about Ahnald having some of the blame, but I agree with you here.

I simply don't get why people were so quick to throw zetas on the team and all of that before getting the chance to see whether it was worthwhile to do so.
  • Options
    Whether or not he deserves the blame, running his livestream from last night in the background while I work has given me all the evidence I need to give my stockpiled zetas to other characters who will actually do something for me in the game.

Mind you, when I'm *not* chained to my desk, I would *never* spend such time on his vids. Gimme a TL;DR and I'll move on with my day.
  • Options

i only watch cubsfanhan, that guy is a pro.

As a Cardinal fan, I cannot in good conscience watch anyone with the moniker "Cubsfan". Petty much the only youtuber I find of value is Skelturix.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    gitinsnmjzwn.jpeg
  • Options

Case in point Kyno

I still respectfully disagree with your point about Ahnald having some of the blame, but I agree with you here.

I simply don't get why people were so quick to throw zetas on the team and all of that before getting the chance to see whether it was worthwhile to do so.

I didn't put any zetas on the GG team. I simply think it's extremely misleading for CG to give Ahnald access to content that is CLEARLY not the same content that is in-game. I don't blame Ahnald at all. The blame here clearly lies at the feet of CG - and Carrie specifically (whom Ahnald mentions by name in the video - so she was obviously instrumental in making sure this extremely misleading content was highly publicized).

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Case in point Kyno

Sure, but someone has to buy/gear them to be able to share their experience with the rest of us. I personally didn't gear them and wouldn't have bought them in the first place (f2p), but i'm very happy others did so it saves me the trouble and resources to test it out myself.
    For the record, i don't think ahnalt is some nefarious youtuber conspiring with ea/cg to pull a fast one on the playerbase. He does however benefit from his relationship with ea/cg and he's responsible for the footage he puts out, so while i don't think he had any ill intent he isn't 100% blamefree either.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Case in point Kyno

Sure, but someone has to buy/gear them to be able to share their experience with the rest of us. I personally didn't gear them and wouldn't have bought them in the first place (f2p), but i'm very happy others did so it saves me the trouble and resources to test it out myself.
    For the record, i don't think ahnalt is some nefarious youtuber conspiring with ea/cg to pull a fast one on the playerbase. He does however benefit from his relationship with ea/cg and he's responsible for the footage he puts out, so while i don't think he had any ill intent he isn't 100% blamefree either.

I don't think you came across that way. Sorry if my comments made it seem as if I believed you were accusing Ahnald of being nefarious.

I'm also F2P and not a GG fan so this whole thing doesn't have a direct effect on me. If anything, it just makes me worried for future releases that might affect F2P players in general.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

Case in point Kyno

I didn't put any zetas on the GG team. I simply think it's extremely misleading for CG to give Ahnald access to content that is CLEARLY not the same content that is in-game. I don't blame Ahnald at all. The blame here clearly lies at the feet of CG - and Carrie specifically (whom Ahnald mentions by name in the video - so she was obviously instrumental in making sure this extremely misleading content was highly publicized).

I agree. IF (keyword is "IF") the devs gave Ahnald doctored footage, that'd be very slimy. I'm all for making the game geared towards money and them trying to make a profit. I understand and respect that, even though I'm F2P. But if they're doing the bait-and-switch tactic of using doctored footage, I'd lose a lot of respect for the devs.