GP Matchmaking & “Fluff”

Replies

  • Waqui
    6007 posts Member
    @CG_TopHat @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

    Lots of people complaining here and all agree that it should NOT only be GP to determine the initial grouping, as some very unfair match-ups can result for various reasons.

    You are assuming, that GP is the only parameter used for determining matchups. I believe you're wrong.

    Also, please define what you mean by 'unfair match-ups'. In my oppinion even match-ups are unfair, because players with strong rosters (even GP) would not have any advantage over players with weak rosters. Fair and even are two different things IMO.
  • After months of reading forum opinions I still say the matchmaking is fair (except for the fleet/ground troops separation which they will work on). GP is a very good way to determine fitting opponents because in the end it's all about how the player decided to invest in his roster. I am a launch player and at no single point in the game did I feel "pushed" to work on fluff characters, like some people mentioned. There is absolutely no reason to level/gear random toons if you aren't going to use them. If they are needed for platoons, get them to 7* and leave them at g1 level 1. There is no reason to get them to g8 and level 85 if you're not going to use them except for a small TW bonus. And no one is forcing you to do so. Nowhere does the game say you SHOULD upgrade everything to g8 level 85, so if you do it, it's YOUR choice. If your guild forces it, change guilds if it bothers you, or do it, but then don't complain. I don't see a reason for levelling useless toons (only stars are an exception because of platoons) so I don't. It doesn't matter whether GA did or didn't exist when you decided to invest into fluff, because it was YOUR CHOICE. No one forced you to do it. You could have just left them at g1 level 1. As I said, I'm a launch player and I didn't invest in fluff. That was my choice as well and you could have done the same. If the game ever FORCED you to invest in fluff, I would own more fluff as well, but it didn't. It's all a CHOICE. You alone decide on how you want to play and if certain modes don't cater to your playing style, that's on you. I don't have Traya or Revan but I don't complain about facing them in GA or TW because it's my own fault that I don't have them. Again this is a CHOICE. I could have had both had I chose my path in the game differently, so that's on me. If a player beats you in GA then he deserves it, because he was better at decision making throughout the game, simple as that. I have won all my GA matches except for 1 since the mode got released and the one time I lost I congratulated my opponent and complimented his teams and skills. He deserved the victory and I was neither mad, sad nor upset about the loss. He beat me fair and square and we even had a great chat after the match was over. (Little side note: I've had some greate post match chats after GA games so props to the community for being so friendly and for appreciating fairplay). But back to my point: EVERYTHING you do in the game is a choice, EVERYTHING. So if something happens then it's all on you because you were the one who decided to go with whatever you did (except for cases with bugs/wais which is on the devs).

    Just my 2 cents on that topic.

    You hear of paper zombie? You know the time CG specifically stated that players should never benefit from not gearing toons? You also speak of choice using extreme ex post facto logic. Yes I made a choice to gear fluff but guess what, it wasnt fluff when I did it. The rules were changed after the fact. Additionally you say you made the choice to not unlock Revan. Ok, in the future you can change your mind. As of yet, I cant ungear or unlevel a character. Under this system, I will ALWAYS be at a disadvantage because of fluff.

    Except that's not what they said about paper zombie...... What they said was that a toon should not perform better when undergeared..... Big difference...

    Those who fluffed their roster lpiled a bunch of gear on toons that they don't use in TW or GA.....
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited February 25
    Git gud

    Players build a certain way. They shouldn’t be penalized because they built strong toons and didn’t bother with fluff “gotta catch them all “ toons.
    That’s how a free to play player builds to have any shot to keep up with meta.
    They don’t mod toons they don’t use.
    They don’t gear toons they don’t use.
    They invest resources in toons that will help them stay competitive.

    There shouldn’t be an issue with that.

    If you keep getting curb stomped by then because they built better, than build a different way or just join GA for the free resources you’ll collect.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

    Lots of people complaining here and all agree that it should NOT only be GP to determine the initial grouping, as some very unfair match-ups can result for various reasons.

    You are assuming, that GP is the only parameter used for determining matchups. I believe you're wrong.

    Also, please define what you mean by 'unfair match-ups'. In my oppinion even match-ups are unfair, because players with strong rosters (even GP) would not have any advantage over players with weak rosters. Fair and even are two different things IMO.

    You would be 100% incorrect. Raw GP is all that is used , which is why we are having this discussion.
  • Git gud

    Players build a certain way. They shouldn’t be penalized because they built strong toons and didn’t bother with fluff “gotta catch them all “ toons.
    That’s how a free to play player builds to have any shot to keep up with meta.
    They don’t mod toons they don’t use.
    They don’t gear toons they don’t use.
    They invest resources in toons that will help them stay competitive.

    There shouldn’t be an issue with that.

    If you keep getting curb stomped by then because they built better, than build a different way or just join GA for the free resources you’ll collect.

    Ah yeah , the famous get gud. I built my roster one way so i deserve easy matchups people. You want your easy matchup , others want fair ones. They can give their opinion too. Get over yourself lol
  • No_Try wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Let's say a pair of twins joined the game on the same day. They both developed toons exactly the same. The each have the same 80 toons, same level, same gear, same mods, same everything. We should all agree that they would be a equal match.
    Now, let's say that both twins unlocked 40 more characters. Twin 1, leaves every character at lvl 1, g1. Twin 2, sees that he has thousands of extra mats and millions of credits so he levels toons to lvl 85, g7, some abilities. Enter GA, twin 1 with no fluff gets easier opponents and always gets 3 wins. Twin 2 gets a more difficult matchup because he has unusable fluff and never gets more than 1 win.
    Guess what, twin 1 isn't benefiting because he "focused" and developed a better roster. Twin 1 is benefiting because he is NOT developing toons. To counter, twin 2 isn't at a disadvantage because he didn't focus. He is at a disadvantage because he used extra mats on useless toons.

    But some of that gear that is used to get to g7 is then needed for higher level gear. The credits used to get toons to lvl 85 could be used in better areas such as leveling mods to see what secondaries are on the mod (you don’t also level all mods up to 15 before selling them do you?). It is absolutely wasting resources to get toons to g7 and lvl 85 because they will never be useful for anything other than inflating your GP a small amount for TB.

    I currently have almost 30 toons that are 7 star, g1, and lvl 1. I would rather save that gear to get 1 toon up to g12 than get 5 toons up to g7.

    What’s the end goal with investing small amounts in all of your toons rather than large amounts in a few toons?

    Not a small amount at all. Total approx. fluff GP I have is about 1.3M. This cost me next to nothing besides credits which I already had an abundance of at the time. There is no end goal, game pushed us towards that and we did it.

    Sorry, I should have clarified that by small amount, I meant small relative to the gains for TB. I can see why it’s hurting you, but I would never do it for TB because I could see even at the release that it would hurt you in the long run (inability to gear to high level).

    How's 1/3 of my GP small gain for TB? And how did you see it would hurt us in the long run?


    For later phases, your guild will need 130 million or more to 3 star each phase. Best case, you’re providing an extra 1% through deployment at the sacrifice of gear for other toons that could develop to g12 and contribute for raids or future arena teams.

    Your case could be different than most I’ve seen though. Is the rest of your roster capable of competing in HSTR and all other aspects of the game?

    You seem to be only considering my contribution while it takes everyone to contribute to some degree. Overall it made a huge difference for our TB prowess. Of course if we were to foresee what will come later I'd forego of it still.

    You can check my sig for swgoh.gg profile. I checked both ours. Even with the crazy amount of fluff I have the difference is significant (and I'm f2p). If I didn't feel lazy I'd compare -gear needed- the website provides for each of us to debunk your claim. The totality of gear upto purple gear I need vs. you need is only a few days of farming which is nothing in the long run. This is also evidenced by the difference of premium gear I used in my roster vs. yours. Ofc I never used carbantis, stun guns etc. just to push toons I won't use to g7-8. That's the main idea of efficient fluffing.

    Either case even with all my baggage I'm hyper competetive and won all my matches in GA besides one (that I would lose even if it was repeated 100 times because of the huge difference in mods).

    My problem overall is with the GP calculation itself. It's nowhere near representative of either the usefulness of fluff toon vs. a maxed toon or the resources spent for a fluff toon vs. maxed toon (approx. 10k vs 20-24k GP). If it was I would have nothing to say about it, since I would be getting exactly what I paid for.

    That’s fair. I have a similar complaint on how ship GP is compared to squad GP for matchmaking relative to points earned in GA. I can imagine if I had a well developed roster at the time of TB release, I might have fluffed as there wouldn’t be much else to do with my resources. Most likely though, I would and continue to save my resources for future releases in order reduce downtime for upgrading toons (I’m f2p too).

    For my claim on the gear, just look at various pieces of gear that have low level components. If you have thousands of them, it’s because they’re not used much. If you just have a few, it’s because they’re used often (generally a good basis).

    We have, what low level gear do you have lots more than me of? Since you do such a great job of saving all of your low level gear? None because its a bad lie, no gear used for g7 and below is needed and not plentiful. There is only one toon in yhe game who uses any sort of good gear at g7 and thats cancerous ordo and his insane gear 7 and 8 requirements.

    Have you checked gear requirements or do you just push the button when you see a green cross? I used the example of stun guns, but there are many others. If you want more details check them out.

    If you have over 4 million GP and there’s nothing left to do but gear up the garbage left on your roster, that’s one thing. But to ask the questions that you just did tells me that you don’t actually know the gear requirements.

    I save gear by not gearing up low level toons. As a result, I’ve been able to get the last 3 legendaries and Revan up to g12 within days of obtaining the character.

    Didnt think so
  • Git gud

    Players build a certain way. They shouldn’t be penalized because they built strong toons and didn’t bother with fluff “gotta catch them all “ toons.
    Ah the irony of telling others to "Git gud" while trying desparately to defend your competitive advantage. :D
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Git gud

    Players build a certain way. They shouldn’t be penalized because they built strong toons and didn’t bother with fluff “gotta catch them all “ toons.
    That’s how a free to play player builds to have any shot to keep up with meta.
    They don’t mod toons they don’t use.
    They don’t gear toons they don’t use.
    They invest resources in toons that will help them stay competitive.

    There shouldn’t be an issue with that.

    If you keep getting curb stomped by then because they built better, than build a different way or just join GA for the free resources you’ll collect.

    Ah yeah , the famous get gud. I built my roster one way so i deserve easy matchups people. You want your easy matchup , others want fair ones. They can give their opinion too. Get over yourself lol

    Ah, the welfare , please give me all hand outs you can, type of player.
    Get over yourself and what you think you deserve.
    Get your free stuff, and get to putting in work on toons that are strong, and not fluff toons.
    Quit trying to make others feel bad for building strategically

    It’s a game ya Big Baby

    Enjoy the ride! 🤙

    This isn’t Pokémon go.

    This is build, or be killed.
    Play as you like but don’t blame someone for building to be strong.
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Git gud

    Players build a certain way. They shouldn’t be penalized because they built strong toons and didn’t bother with fluff “gotta catch them all “ toons.
    Ah the irony of telling others to "Git gud" while trying desparately to defend your competitive advantage. :D

    False. No desperation was used.

    Also, “Git Gud” 🤣😂
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Git gud

    Players build a certain way. They shouldn’t be penalized because they built strong toons and didn’t bother with fluff “gotta catch them all “ toons.
    Ah the irony of telling others to "Git gud" while trying desparately to defend your competitive advantage. :D

    I’m just having fun.
    On a real note though. I don’t get why people hate on those that build to be strong.
    What’s wrong with doing that?
    It’s not Pokémon Go.
    If someone wants to gear them all, cool cool....cool cool cool
    But....why hate those that want to be strong?🤔
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Kaziglubey wrote: »
    ^^^ this.

    Peoples priorities are different. I play for love tw/ arena first. Raids 2nd. Then tb etc last. My roster is built for that. I don't really "work" on toons til I can reach high gear. Or have a team ready. I also seldom use a zeta unless 7 star g12 with few exceptions ie traya at 5 star. So a tb oriented/collector will get murdered.

    Also keep in mind they likely cannot get to complicated in matchmaking. Gp is usually a fair assumption. You will win some lose some. But could you imagine how complicated it would be to try to take into account all aspects of an account for even matching?

    So when we were coached to inflate GP for TB amd then along comes TW.. And later GA.. The response by someone who started after tb and TW BOTH existed poor management?

    The complication isnt. In fact the code is already there see TW. No toons can be used under 6000 GP... A simple "if then > 10000" is all it would take to remove the GP of "fluff" from counting in matchups.

    GA infnitely favors accounts that came aboard after the existence of TW. And I'm ok with losing. Rewards are inintile in difference (just like tw win or loss). But (not directed specifically at you) anyone to say its fair or even close is ridiculously wrong.

    I have used weak toons a few times to my advantage in GA. I've set teams of my weakest toons, saved all my strong ones for offense and won. Why shouldn't weak toons also count towards the total GP used for matchmaking.

    Sorry bud but ill call **** on the winning. Unless your opponent didnt attack. Because a defense of your "fluff" would get your oponent a perfect score.

    Now to answer your question. Ive answered the why 2 posts ago, and continued the answer in the post you quoted.

    Well, it's a valid strategy, and it can win the game for you:

    If you believe, that your defensive fleet will survive and you are at a big disadvantage in characters, then put up a Chewie defense (weak defense) and save all your strong and mediocre characters for offense. All,of them. It works. It gave my alt the third victory in the most recent GA. I took screenshots, since I ended up discussing the strategy in another recent thread. So....call whatever you want. It just shows, that you're missing one tool in your toolbox for GA.

    So again:
    When weak characters can help you win a GA, why should their GP not count towards your roster GP used for matchmaking?
    All your answers so far assume, that characters below... was it 10k GP? ... are useless in GA, when in fact they are not.

    Post the screen shots. Otherwise my **** claim stands.

    As far as your repeated "when weak characters blah blah blah" ive already answered the why. More than once. Not liking the answer does not discredit it.

  • Git gud

    Players build a certain way. They shouldn’t be penalized because they built strong toons and didn’t bother with fluff “gotta catch them all “ toons.
    That’s how a free to play player builds to have any shot to keep up with meta.
    They don’t mod toons they don’t use.
    They don’t gear toons they don’t use.
    They invest resources in toons that will help them stay competitive.

    There shouldn’t be an issue with that.

    If you keep getting curb stomped by then because they built better, than build a different way or just join GA for the free resources you’ll collect.

    Ah yeah , the famous get gud. I built my roster one way so i deserve easy matchups people. You want your easy matchup , others want fair ones. They can give their opinion too. Get over yourself lol

    Ah, the welfare , please give me all hand outs you can, type of player.
    Get over yourself and what you think you deserve.
    Get your free stuff, and get to putting in work on toons that are strong, and not fluff toons.
    Quit trying to make others feel bad for building strategically

    It’s a game ya Big Baby

    Enjoy the ride! 🤙

    This isn’t Pokémon go.

    This is build, or be killed.
    Play as you like but don’t blame someone for building to be strong.

    Again not sure why the name calling, but same goes back to you, its just a game. I know you all love your easy matches and free rewards, thats fine. But don't act like you did something special , we have the same toons powered up i bet , i just have more of them than you, and that's ok, but dont delude yourself that you did anything special or have any kind of skill lol. You just have a leaner roster, id say against the spirit of the game, but if cg dont care , i dont either.
    Oh and the only ppl on this forum making people feel bad are all you get gud people lol
  • My biggest problem is that based on what I see in my opponents, overall GP is ***very*** similar, but toon GP is not.

    If you have a toon-only GA, then only toon-GP should count, not ship GP.

    If you have a toon + ships GA, then okay. Now you count both toons and ships. But until you start matching people based on overall GP and then put them in a ship-only GA, the toon-only matches that includes your ships in the "matching" calculation are poorly thought out and should be changed.
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Git gud

    Players build a certain way. They shouldn’t be penalized because they built strong toons and didn’t bother with fluff “gotta catch them all “ toons.
    That’s how a free to play player builds to have any shot to keep up with meta.
    They don’t mod toons they don’t use.
    They don’t gear toons they don’t use.
    They invest resources in toons that will help them stay competitive.

    There shouldn’t be an issue with that.

    If you keep getting curb stomped by then because they built better, than build a different way or just join GA for the free resources you’ll collect.

    Ah yeah , the famous get gud. I built my roster one way so i deserve easy matchups people. You want your easy matchup , others want fair ones. They can give their opinion too. Get over yourself lol

    Ah, the welfare , please give me all hand outs you can, type of player.
    Get over yourself and what you think you deserve.
    Get your free stuff, and get to putting in work on toons that are strong, and not fluff toons.
    Quit trying to make others feel bad for building strategically

    It’s a game ya Big Baby

    Enjoy the ride! 🤙

    This isn’t Pokémon go.

    This is build, or be killed.
    Play as you like but don’t blame someone for building to be strong.

    Again not sure why the name calling, but same goes back to you, its just a game. I know you all love your easy matches and free rewards, thats fine. But don't act like you did something special , we have the same toons powered up i bet , i just have more of them than you, and that's ok, but dont delude yourself that you did anything special or have any kind of skill lol. You just have a leaner roster, id say against the spirit of the game, but if cg dont care , i dont either.
    Oh and the only ppl on this forum making people feel bad are all you get gud people lol


    Never said I did something special.
    Against the spirit of the game? Haha yeah, ok.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

    I chose , as many others did, to build a specific way. Others chose different.
    No one went against some fictional moral code the game has for building certain toons.
    Y’all are frustrated because it’s a mode that won’t just give the same rewards for any style of play.
    Doesn’t mean anyone deserves any hate.
    And no we didn’t do anything difficult, we just did something DIFFERENT. Never did I say we deserve a gold star or a dundie for building differently.
    Or that we took the “tough path”
    That’s an insinuation on your part.

    I’m just saying, don’t be haters.

    Play the game the way you want. Build the way you want. Stop trying to make it seem like some sort of crime for others to build different than you.
    Because it isn’t at all.

    But thanks for a good laugh ...”spirit of the game”

    I believe that’s the spirit of Pokémon Go.
    Maybe you’ve heard of it...🤔

    I’m done. Good luck to you. And may the force be with you!
  • Waqui
    6007 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

    Lots of people complaining here and all agree that it should NOT only be GP to determine the initial grouping, as some very unfair match-ups can result for various reasons.

    You are assuming, that GP is the only parameter used for determining matchups. I believe you're wrong.

    Also, please define what you mean by 'unfair match-ups'. In my oppinion even match-ups are unfair, because players with strong rosters (even GP) would not have any advantage over players with weak rosters. Fair and even are two different things IMO.

    You would be 100% incorrect. Raw GP is all that is used , which is why we are having this discussion.

    Could you please refer me to a source for this claim?
  • Waqui
    6007 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Post the screen shots. Otherwise my **** claim stands.

    Result of Round:

    4q2sipf84xnz.png

    Result of GA. From avatars and titles you see my 3 total wins and my opponent's 2 wins.

    6sq37w9ukkd0.png

    My front zone defense. All three zones had similar defensive teams (I have screenshots):

    ahd16mas6ws7.png

    I also have screenshots to document the following:

    My total character GP : 1.489 million
    My ships GP : 1.158 million
    My number of g12 characters : 14

    Opponent's character GP : 1.679 million
    Opponent's ship GP : 957k
    Opponent's number of g12 characters : 23



  • Waqui
    6007 posts Member
    So again:

    Weak characters can help you win. Why shouldn't their GP be included in the calculation/algorithm?
  • Waqui wrote: »
    So again:

    Weak characters can help you win. Why shouldn't their GP be included in the calculation/algorithm?

    How?
    G10 jawas cant even beat G8 phoenix.
  • Waqui
    6007 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    So again:

    Weak characters can help you win. Why shouldn't their GP be included in the calculation/algorithm?

    How?
    G10 jawas cant even beat G8 phoenix.
    Waqui wrote: »
    I have used weak toons a few times to my advantage in GA. I've set teams of my weakest toons, saved all my strong ones for offense and won. Why shouldn't weak toons also count towards the total GP used for matchmaking?
    Waqui wrote: »
    Well, it's a valid strategy, and it can win the game for you:

    If you believe, that your defensive fleet will survive and you are at a big disadvantage in characters, then put up a Chewie defense (weak defense) and save all your strong and mediocre characters for offense. All,of them. It works. It gave my alt the third victory in the most recent GA. I took screenshots, since I ended up discussing the strategy in another recent thread. So....call whatever you want. It just shows, that you're missing one tool in your toolbox for GA.




  • Waqui wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    So again:

    Weak characters can help you win. Why shouldn't their GP be included in the calculation/algorithm?

    How?
    G10 jawas cant even beat G8 phoenix.
    Waqui wrote: »
    I have used weak toons a few times to my advantage in GA. I've set teams of my weakest toons, saved all my strong ones for offense and won. Why shouldn't weak toons also count towards the total GP used for matchmaking?
    Waqui wrote: »
    Well, it's a valid strategy, and it can win the game for you:

    If you believe, that your defensive fleet will survive and you are at a big disadvantage in characters, then put up a Chewie defense (weak defense) and save all your strong and mediocre characters for offense. All,of them. It works. It gave my alt the third victory in the most recent GA. I took screenshots, since I ended up discussing the strategy in another recent thread. So....call whatever you want. It just shows, that you're missing one tool in your toolbox for GA.




    That's a great strategy at your level, I can only speak from my current GP bracket but at 4+mil ships defense isn't really a thing. At most you'll get one defensive stop and that's it, which is the same as hoping for a defensive stop on regular characters. But with Thrawn everyone just uses them on offense to blow away the hardest ships, and if they lose, their Tarkin will easily clean up the mess next time.

    I do the same strategy of leaving weaker defenses and save for offense, but usually it ends up where they have a lot for both offense and defense (cause after 4mil, defensive spots don't increase) and their offense will gain more points using 1 or 2 characters on offense against my weaker squads, where I cannot use that strategy.

    My strategy is put in B and C grade teams in front 2 zones and hope they underestimate the battle and lose, or use up a strong team needed for my A grade teams in the back.
  • Waqui
    6007 posts Member
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    So again:

    Weak characters can help you win. Why shouldn't their GP be included in the calculation/algorithm?

    How?
    G10 jawas cant even beat G8 phoenix.
    Waqui wrote: »
    I have used weak toons a few times to my advantage in GA. I've set teams of my weakest toons, saved all my strong ones for offense and won. Why shouldn't weak toons also count towards the total GP used for matchmaking?
    Waqui wrote: »
    Well, it's a valid strategy, and it can win the game for you:

    If you believe, that your defensive fleet will survive and you are at a big disadvantage in characters, then put up a Chewie defense (weak defense) and save all your strong and mediocre characters for offense. All,of them. It works. It gave my alt the third victory in the most recent GA. I took screenshots, since I ended up discussing the strategy in another recent thread. So....call whatever you want. It just shows, that you're missing one tool in your toolbox for GA.




    That's a great strategy at your level, I can only speak from my current GP bracket but at 4+mil ships defense isn't really a thing.

    Yes, I'm aware, that the requirement for it to work is, that your defensive fleet must hold on defense (as already stated) which is rare at high GP levels. It could happen, if your opponent doesn't have a counter to your strong Mace timeout fleet or your strong HMF/Ackbar fleet - but yes, it's rare at that stage in the game.

  • The match making is very unbalanced...that's why they are fighting so hard to keep it...some don't care about what's fair only that they continue to get premium rewards with out any risk on thier part. It is more then apparent that that the whole GA is a pyramid scheme.. designed to benefit those on top..forcing the ones on bottom to invest more to no avail..by the time you catch up they ( those on top who have no challenge and breeze through it) will be light years ahead of you with all the Zata and gear awards unearned other then a push of a button with all thier 44 Zata toons against your 30 or so and tons of "fluff". I for one have placed real world cash on this game almost weekly for years. And GA has left me very bitter and feeling cheated and even ripped off. Even if those on top stopped playing for a few months I could not catch up to 44 Zata toons at g12. Yet those are my matches. So in closing too all those on top easily stomping through, .......Get GUD!!!!... So CG can stop handing you wins at the expenses of fluff rosters to make yourself feel accomplished.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    So again:

    Weak characters can help you win. Why shouldn't their GP be included in the calculation/algorithm?

    Weak characters didn't "help" you win. You won because you have the dominant fleet. If they beat your fleet, they would have easily beaten you.
    I have ****/HT and use this strategy too. However, I dont lie to myself and claim that my fluff saved the day.
  • I like how M F (millennium falcon) is a bad word lol
  • I'm just confused as this game mode seems to punish you for opening up more toons. I assumed they'd want you investing in a broader roster to try them all out, but GA tells you to just focus on a core group and leave everything else as low as possible. Interesting decision.

    FWIW I'm in a smaller guild, and we can't get into TW sadly (just once - loved it!), so this is my only chance for these type of matches.
    I've done quite well in GA, but I've had a lot of wins due to poor opponent strategy or them not setting defense or bothering to attack at all, and a couple where I had a 80k character GP advantage.
    None of those were much fun sadly.
    Also had some huge losses against opponents with 80-100k bigger character GP, and one match my 6x G12 toons vs their 31 lol. They were even less fun.
    But the few matches where we ended up within 20 points of each other was great fun (win or lose)!

    It is just a game, so I won't lose sleep, but it does feel wrong that I'm hesitating to level up half a dozen characters to 7* because I can't get them to G10+ straight away, so will hurt me in GA.

    I'd love some TW for smaller guilds needing only 12-18 signed up.
    #dreaming
  • Waqui
    6007 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    So again:

    Weak characters can help you win. Why shouldn't their GP be included in the calculation/algorithm?

    Weak characters didn't "help" you win. You won because you have the dominant fleet.

    I had weak characters to put on my defense, so that I could save all my strong and mediocre characters for offense to make sure, that I would be able to clear my opponent's board. I was at a quite large disadvantage in characters, remember?! So yes, they helped me.

  • Tanzos
    197 posts Member
    edited February 27
    Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    So again:

    Weak characters can help you win. Why shouldn't their GP be included in the calculation/algorithm?

    Weak characters didn't "help" you win. You won because you have the dominant fleet.

    I had weak characters to put on my defense, so that I could save all my strong and mediocre characters for offense to make sure, that I would be able to clear my opponent's board. I was at a quite large disadvantage in characters, remember?! So yes, they helped me.

    I do applaud you for winning under the quite large disadvantage.

    However, there shouldn't be a disadvantage. No one should have an advantage over someone else. It should be a relatively fair matchup and whoever set the best defense and played the best offense wins.

    At least that's what many of us want and I would assume the devs intended this game mode to be. "THE ULTIMATE TEST OF SKILL". But we have yet to even receive the smallest of responses from anyone official whether or not GA should be fair or if people should have advantages and disadvantages.

  • Waqui
    6007 posts Member
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    So again:

    Weak characters can help you win. Why shouldn't their GP be included in the calculation/algorithm?

    Weak characters didn't "help" you win. You won because you have the dominant fleet.

    I had weak characters to put on my defense, so that I could save all my strong and mediocre characters for offense to make sure, that I would be able to clear my opponent's board. I was at a quite large disadvantage in characters, remember?! So yes, they helped me.

    I do applaud you for winning under the quite large disadvantage.

    I actually believe, that I had the advantage, because of my strong fleet. Even though my opponent ranked 20 in fleet arena, his ships were significantly weaker than mine, giving me the advantage.
    Tanzos wrote: »
    However, there shouldn't be a disadvantage. No one should have an advantage over someone else. It should be a relatively fair matchup and whoever set the best defense and played the best offense wins.

    I disagree. I believe, that even matchups are not fair for those, who have the stronger roster (same GP - less 'fluff'). Why should players with weaker rosters have an equal chance of winning prizes for rank 1 as the ones with stronger rosters? With even match-ups, players with much stronger rosters (still same GP) will end up at 0/3 victories, while players with far weaker rosters will end up with 3/3 and better prizes. I don't see how that is fair. Even and fair are two different things.
    Tanzos wrote: »
    At least that's what many of us want and I would assume the devs intended this game mode to be. "THE ULTIMATE TEST OF SKILL". But we have yet to even receive the smallest of responses from anyone official whether or not GA should be fair or if people should have advantages and disadvantages.

    We don't have anything official, but I believe it's safe to assume that it's intended that players with weaker rosters are mixed with players with stronger rosters (same GP).

  • IDinDooNuffin
    450 posts Member
    edited February 27
    Waqui wrote: »
    Post the screen shots. Otherwise my **** claim stands.

    Result of Round:

    4q2sipf84xnz.png

    Result of GA. From avatars and titles you see my 3 total wins and my opponent's 2 wins.

    6sq37w9ukkd0.png

    My front zone defense. All three zones had similar defensive teams (I have screenshots):

    ahd16mas6ws7.png

    I also have screenshots to document the following:

    My total character GP : 1.489 million
    My ships GP : 1.158 million
    My number of g12 characters : 14

    Opponent's character GP : 1.679 million
    Opponent's ship GP : 957k
    Opponent's number of g12 characters : 23



    Touché kind of.
    1.) The amount of times that will work you can count on 1 hand. I see your defense was wiped in 1 shot each. Same as if you hadnt set a defense except for that fleet. Sooo good job, but that negates nothing as far as fluff. And for those of us who built for TB prior to TW are being punished for coached game play (at the time)


    Further you won because of your ships not with your weakntoon defense placement. So you were corrdct saying you won. Butnitnwasnt BECAUSE you placed weak toons it just was while you posted weak toons and a strong fleet.




  • Waqui wrote: »

    We don't have anything official, but I believe it's safe to assume that it's intended that players with weaker rosters are mixed with players with stronger rosters (same GP).

    This is why so many of these posts exists. No one can agree on how GA should be implemented and what is right.

    Sure would be great to have someone official on the forums to help guide us on this issue and their intent... *ahem*

    @CG_Carrie @CG_CapGaSP
Sign In or Register to comment.