TW Guilds Matchmaking/Dropping Players

Replies

• BobaPhatty
    12 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Agreed there’s almost assuredly Guilds that do this on purpose, but I can attest to my Guild being another example of never, ever having 50/50 join and it’s exactly the same as previously mentioned. We’re somewhat casual and ask that those who aren’t able to participate not join. A lot of the time we have 46 or 47 total. If you had 3 or 4 members Join but not be able to participate at all, you’re essentially down 8 Squads per Member (4 expected Defense and 4 Offense). That’s a 24 to 32 Squad deficit you’d have to try and overcome.

In almost all instances it’s obvious we’ve been matched against a guild that had the same number join as well because the needed number of Squads is exactly half the number of Members who Joined (23 Squads needed if 46 Members Joined, etc).

Any of those claiming they take in 50 Members and are matched with a Guild who supposedly is down 4-6 Members, how many Squads are you made to put in each Territory? Really just curious how that works...
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    So what you need to do is get all your members to drop mods on all your scrubs and sandbag. Then you will drop to a lower tier, get lower rewards and can’t complain. Oh wait, people do nothing but complain.
    Ok so here is what you do. Whale harder. Lol
  • Options
    Regardless of intent 4.7 million players with maybe 44 will have better numbers than 50 that average 4 million but equal the same GP.
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member
    Options
    My guild had 45/50 sign up for this TW. We're not 100%, but only because certain people miss the TW sign up. I do know of several higher level guilds that will ask their players that don't do quite as well to sit out TWs. This let's the stronger people in the guild go against a (usually) weaker one. They win quite easily normally since they have much more developed rosters
  • Options
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    Unbeknownst to some. Not all guilds get 100% participation all the time.
    If your Gp's match it is not their fault your guild mates haven't geared quality toons or have a bunch of half geared level 85 toons. Fat in a roster hurts in such events

1 or 2 is understandable...but 4-6?

My guild rarely has over 40 sign up and never have had 50. This war is 43. We don't push our members to participate nor do we actively encourage a non sign up. Its just not that big of a deal to us. Plus, if we force people to sign up that really don't want to play it could be detrimental to war anyway. We are just shy of 160mil and I assure you we've had our tushies handed to us plenty of times by fully participating opponents. Anyway, it does happen, at least in my guild and it surely isn't nefarious. We're just laid back and don't really focus on it. Getting 2 free zetas is a pretty solid reward for minimal effort. Good luck and game on
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    I understand people may be short a guy or two by a player forgetting to join or be MIA. Totally understandable as situations happen.

But in what way is dropping 4-6 players fair?

I’m sure they had 50 accounts to get their raid tickets. And they have been doing this from what I heard for over 2 months.

It's not fair that 16% to 24% of a given guild have lives that aren't enriched playing an optional time killer?

Agreed...EA needs to ban these people immediately!

• Wedge_Was_Best
    42 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yeah, my guild is laid back and we cycle people in and out who leave the guild, but we're pretty regular at 50 total, but can't get more than 35-ish to participate in the TW.
  • HarryTDF
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    There are guilds who do drop players to face lower guilds but it’s hard to tell who is sandbagging because a lot of guilds don’t have full participation. I hear 38 is the magic number. 44-46 thats probably just poor participation.
  • Options
    Regardless of intent 4.7 million players with maybe 44 will have better numbers than 50 that average 4 million but equal the same GP.

Yep, but that can happen anyway. There could be a guild of 44 players with a similar GP as a guild with 50 players and they get matched up anyway. So whether they have 6 people sitting out and 44 participating members or they have 44 total members, you could get matched up with them either way. By the way, the TW matchmaking formula is not just total GP against total GP.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I understand people may be short a guy or two by a player forgetting to join or be MIA. Totally understandable as situations happen.

I’m sure they had 50 accounts to get their raid tickets. And they have been doing this from what I heard for over 2 months.

We fluctuate between 38-48. Not intentional or planned. Some people have other priorities.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    i can't believe i just read thru this thread.....have u actually looked at the reward difference between winning and losing?....the worst rewards for the time put in(and yes, considering quests too)....TW was and is for pure bragging rights(guild morale) and no biggie if you lose cuz you'll gettem next time!
  • Options
    Javin37 wrote: »

It's not fair that 16% to 24% of a given guild have lives that aren't enriched playing an optional time killer?

Again, no one is saying you don’t have lives. But a top 15 guild in the world shooting into the 100’s for an easy matchup is what happens.

Your sarcasm is very subtle. Keep working on it!
  • Options
    Our TW is voluntary and we usually get 44-48 players, on a public holiday we can have as low as 39.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Javin37 wrote: »

Again, no one is saying you don’t have lives. But a top 15 guild in the world shooting into the 100’s for an easy matchup is what happens.

That's probably an important part to mention, that top50guilds are doing it. Those aren't casual guilds.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    We face a 155 Mio guild (we have 135) because they just participate with 40 players. Don’t know the reason but I fear there won’t be a happy ending for us. But As someone already stated the rewards are almost the same as soon as you hit the 120 Mio mark so winning or loosing is not a big deal honestly
  • Options
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    Unbeknownst to some. Not all guilds get 100% participation all the time.
    If your Gp's match it is not their fault your guild mates haven't geared quality toons or have a bunch of half geared level 85 toons. Fat in a roster hurts in such events

1 or 2 is understandable...but 4-6?

Our average number of members joined, of 30 tracked TWs, is 46 members. So yeah, 4-6 missing isn't odd, it's real life for guilds that are not totally dedicated to TW.
  • Options
    I disagree. Players with 4 Million GP usually have all the Top TW teams like Sith lead by Traya, Jedi lead by Revan, Rebels with Chewie and 3PO, etc. So the team in your example with only 44 players is having a severe disadvantage, because some players have to fight multiple Revan, Traya, Rebel and Qu'ra teams.
    In addition, dropping below the 120 Mio. Gm decreases the reward by 1 zeta. So dropping below that breakpoint on purpose is absolutely stupid.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Weequay wrote: »
    I disagree. Players with 4 Million GP usually have all the Top TW teams like Sith lead by Traya, Jedi lead by Revan, Rebels with Chewie and 3PO, etc. So the team in your example with only 44 players is having a severe disadvantage, because some players have to fight multiple Revan, Traya, Rebel and Qu'ra teams.
    In addition, dropping below the 120 Mio. Gm decreases the reward by 1 zeta. So dropping below that breakpoint on purpose is absolutely stupid.

Missing the point. It’s not actually 50 main accounts and they boot 4-6 to lower their GP. Their guild is 44-46 main accounts and use alts for tickets but drop them in order to have easier matchups. They aren’t truly a 50 Man guild. They just use alts for raids and use the system to get weaker opponents.

Also you are still missing the point. Even if the other weaker guild has more Revans or Traya’s there are so many things to stop them as the higher average GP guild has MULTIPLE counters. You get that? MULTIPLE COUNTERS. The lower average GP guild may have a 3.7 player and just got Revan so they are screwed and even better counters could be used against them. Because they are working on their Revan.

You are twisting what I’m saying to say it’s okay for guilds to drop players to have a competitive advantage. That’s fine you feel that way but just don’t sugar coat it!
  • Options
    No, actually you are missing my point. A 4,7 mio. player does not have much more counter teams than a 4 mio. player. Because at that point it is limited by the useful TW teams in the game.

It doesn't matter if the players that are not participating are alts or just less active.
  • Options
    Weequay wrote: »
    No, actually you are missing my point. A 4,7 mio. player does not have much more counter teams than a 4 mio. player. Because at that point it is limited by the useful TW teams in the game.

It doesn't matter if the players that are not participating are alts or just less active.

We aren’t just talking about counter teams. Many of the higher GP puts them with more G12 toons that have G12 and G12+ gear as well as mods. So a 4.7 million GP’s NS team will be better in almost every way over a 4 million player.

The guild is a top 15 guild that drops crappy alts to creep into the 100’s for cheap matchups.
  • Options
    When you shed of 20-30 million of “fat” it’s easier to face guilds with a lot more teams to use; however many are underdeveloped.

So the ones that drop win.
  • Options
    You may be right regarding the lower tiers, because there are a lot of players that are not able to get 3PO or Traya.

But at a certain GM level (4 million and more ), additional GM doesn't increase your TW power significantly. At this point you already have all the relevant teams at G12. And adding something like a G12 Jawa or Droid team doesn't help much.

Regarding mods: a 4 mio. and a 4.7 mio. player both started before the introduction of mods into this game and most likely have similar mods. Even if the 4.7 mio. player has upgraded a few more mods to 6 stars, the advantage it brings does not compensate the lower number of top teams due to the lower number of players in that guild. The biggest difference between both players probably is: The 4.7 mio. player has all ships and characters on 7 stars, while the 4 mio. player is missing some.

Referring to your nightsister example. Yes, maybe the nightsister team of the 4.7 player is a slightly better. They will most likely be G12,5 for both players, but the 4.7 player has a few more mods upgraded to 6 star. So both players setup the sisters for defense. No matter how strong the sisters are, they will always lose against a much weaker imperial trooper team.

What I'm trying to point out is: Having more imperial trooper teams available for attack than the other team has nightsisters available for defense is a huge advantage. This is even more true for teams that have only a few counters, like Revan's jedis or Qui'ra's scoundrels.

Since we don't enforce participation we usually end up with 30-35 players during TW. From my experience TW is easier, the more players participate. In the toughest TW we faced so far, we played with the minimum number of 25 players. Facing a guild that has nearly twice the number of revan teams really sucks.

Again, I was referring to the example you posted above. For lower tiers you are probably right.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    He's talking about leaving 4 or 6 players out, not 15-20.
    What you're pointing out is totally irrelevant to the issue that is being discussed.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    People dont join because this clone stuff is dumb. And it keeps happening even though most can’t stand it.
  • Options
    When you shed of 20-30 million of “fat” it’s easier to face guilds with a lot more teams to use; however many are underdeveloped.

Wait - your saying the these "sandbagging" guilds are dropping their GP 20-30M? Do you not understand that means the rewards you get for a *win* are *less* than the rewards you would get for a loss at the "correct" GP level?

Do you not realize how asinine that sounds? It's not happening. Nobody is that _____.

30M GP drop isn't 4-5 players - that's more like 10 in an average guild of the 150M GP range.
  • Gannon
    1637 posts Member
    Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »

Wait - your saying the these "sandbagging" guilds are dropping their GP 20-30M? Do you not understand that means the rewards you get for a *win* are *less* than the rewards you would get for a loss at the "correct" GP level?

Do you not realize how asinine that sounds? It's not happening. Nobody is that _____.

30M GP drop isn't 4-5 players - that's more like 10 in an average guild of the 150M GP range.

It happens, I've done it. You have ppl rotate so about 10/50 sit out every 5th war. We face players so much lower that we wipe the board and they can't even break one sector, then rotate who's in the next war. If we go all in, we face higher guilds doing it and we always lose. 5 losses is 10 zetas, 4 wins is 12 zetas each. So we benefit more this way than losing constantly, despite being TW focused and very coordinated.
    I wish they'd fix it tho honestly
  • Options
    I’m sending in squads that have 108,000 power that I have spent time and money building and I’m getting crushed by the clone troopers in their squad powers only like 74,000. That is **** and there is no excuse for that capital games
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    EgoSlayer wrote: »

It happens, I've done it. You have ppl rotate so about 10/50 sit out every 5th war. We face players so much lower that we wipe the board and they can't even break one sector, then rotate who's in the next war. If we go all in, we face higher guilds doing it and we always lose. 5 losses is 10 zetas, 4 wins is 12 zetas each. So we benefit more this way than losing constantly, despite being TW focused and very coordinated.
    I wish they'd fix it tho honestly

Exactly! I was using a high number to prove a point that higher GP guilds where players are virtually around the same GP have a better advantage than a lower GP guild with more players because the higher GO guild has better quality rosters of gear, Zetas, and mods. That’s my point. But again you have the same clowns that keep saying it’s not true. So I guess agree to disagree?
  • Options
    I just talked to a guy in my shard chat that said he is facing a guild that we faced a month or so ago that dropped 6 players to face us, a lower GP guild.

A month later they are facing my shardmate and are down 4 people so they can face him.

In what ways can this be fixed so guilds don’t remove players so they cheaply face undergeared guilds knowing they have maxed toons and mods and Zetas?

Has this happened to anyone else?

I seriously doubt they are purposefully dropping players just to face lower GP guilds. If they are not letting people participate in TW (which is a favorite event for many) those players would likely just leave the guild.

There are a variety of better explanations for players missing. As has already been mentioned many guilds have 10 or so players that aren't as active and so don't always remember to sign up.

Some people just don't like TW and might never sign up of their own volition.

Some players are busy with a thing called real life and so they don't sign up because they know they won't have time to participate.

TLDR; There are many reasons that someone might not sign up for TW, but being forced to not sign up so the guild gets a favorable matchup would convince most people to join a new guild.
  • Options
    My guild faces this on occasion as well. The way we’ve handled it, is to just beat the living daylights out of them. Make them pay for their indiscretions and have them go crying upstairs to their mommy.
    Fallen Shadøws Forever!!!