So this is how it's gonna be...

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Seriously...this game is probably the most f2p friendly game out there. You just need to be prepare and disciplined. Revan was a pure cash grab but DS Revan is doable without spending a single dime.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Isn’t that the current state?
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kluge wrote: »
    Revan will beat Darth Revan just as easily. It will still be essentially a mirror match. It will just "look better" when you view the meta report.

Having two equally matched teams will still be an improvement over the current state.

what's the second team?

Revan. Same as the first team. That's his point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Revan will beat Darth Revan just as easily. It will still be essentially a mirror match. It will just "look better" when you view the meta report.

Having two equally matched teams will still be an improvement over the current state.

No way...that would be terrible. Basically get to no. 1 in arena and then fall to 100+ overnight.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

what's the second team?

So if the two meta teams were led by Anakin and Vader, would that be a problem? That's also the same character.
  • Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »

what's the second team?

So if the two meta teams were led by Anakin and Vader, would that be a problem? That's also the same character.

I don't think any single squad should dominate alone. I think there should be 3-4 viable teams at all times. Grievous rework was a great opportunity to do that and is was wasted. But I'll be honest, I would much rather have Anakin and Vader be more popular than Revan but that's just my personal opinion.

If you ask the vast majority SW fans across the world to tell you the first name that comes to their mind when they hear star wars, it's one of 3: Darth Vader, Skywalker, Han Solo, just saying
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

what's the second team?

I don't think any single squad should dominate alone. I think there should be 3-4 viable teams at all times. Grievous rework was a great opportunity to do that and is was wasted. But I'll be honest, I would much rather have Anakin and Vader be more popular than Revan but that's just my personal opinion.

If you ask the vast majority SW fans across the world to tell you the first name that comes to their mind when they hear star wars, it's one of 3: Darth Vader, Skywalker, Han Solo, just saying

I agree with the 3 names thing. However, I dont Skywalker mirror matches either. A Skywalker mirror match is just as awful as a revan mirror match. Options are always better.
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »

what's the second team?

I agree with the 3 names thing. However, I dont Skywalker mirror matches either. A Skywalker mirror match is just as awful as a revan mirror match. Options are always better.

Then why would anyone bother getting new toons or spend money on the game?
  • Options
    Just checking. A lot of people complaining about Revan seem like their problem is more with the part of Star Wars the domination is coming from than with the mere fact of him dominating. Which (from those particular people) isn't an argument about proper game design, it's just fussing about personal preferences not being catered to.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Just checking. A lot of people complaining about Revan seem like their problem is more with the part of Star Wars the domination is coming from than with the mere fact of him dominating. Which (from those particular people) isn't an argument about proper game design, it's just fussing about personal preferences not being catered to.

Nah. He is just dominant ingame, boring to fight and people are annoyed of it.
    The fact that some people don't like Kotor doesn't help there feelings

He is certainly way too boring to fight. Like 4.5 minutes of back and forth insanity. The healing and protection recovered constantly is painful to deal with. He makes everyone around him incredibly tanky, able to absorb massive hits like they mean nothing. Tons of critical immunity, tenacity up, FORESIGHT, retribution, tons of assists, which only makes protection recovery intolerable due to the out of turn attack protection gain, Saviour ability and to add insult to injury Jolee who's always there, waiting to revive ALL fallen Jedi allies.

It's simply excessive and basically every unfun, annoying mechanic you can face in the game combined in one team. I forgot how fast they all are and how many extra turns they take... Plain Joke
  • Options
    I dont know why so many complain i read you people but i just got him second time around and fights still are fun ur not 100% guaranteed to win revan vs revan yeah but other teams fall. What u think will happen whenn DR comes another op character for 6 months everyone will complain about and after him another its always been 1 team more dominant thenn the others so i dont see a problem just bussines company that goes through their plan.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

what's the second team?

well, fighting 2 teams over and over is an improvement over fighting 1 team over and over imo. That both of em are lead by a revan doesn't really matter to me.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    So let’s put the torches and pitchforks down and see what his kit looks like.

Grab your pitchforks...

Oh no. The next legendary is Shrek, isn’t it

STAY OUT OF MY SWAMP!!!

That’s his unique.

Basic: Give him the chair!

Special 1: Aaaaaaaarrrrrgghh!

Special 2: Deadly Flatulence

Unique 1: Onions

Unique 2: STAY OUT OF MY SWAMP!

So a pretty solid kit.
  • Options
    JKR meta is tedious I get it, but almost all the metas are. The days of the top arena shard being a melting pot are over. Meta defining characters have kits a mile long that are now being designed just to overcome the previous meta.
  • Options
    keiths9216 wrote: »
    JKR meta is tedious I get it, but almost all the metas are. The days of the top arena shard being a melting pot are over. Meta defining characters have kits a mile long that are now being designed just to overcome the previous meta.

Revan meta is especially frustrating because mods don't really matter and the heal/revival/crit immunity mechanism. Most of the other metas, battles end in 3 minutes...Revan can lead to 5 minute and even time outs.

Hopefully DSR will fix all that.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    keiths9216 wrote: »

The bolded is the frustrating part for many launch players. This shift over the past 18 months to the single-character (or single ship) dominant meta is boring. It's also obvious meta-manipulation on CG's part to prescribe play so as to "force" constant re-spending to obtain the latest meta-defining character (or ship).

There are ways to balance fun, engaging and diverse game play while, at the same time, creating a strong profit margin. CG has instead chosen the path that is easier for them (no need to balance several viable factions - just create a stronger character than the one 3 months ago) - and less enjoyable for the players. The top 50 teams in most arena shards and fleet shards are virtually identical.

That's not players playing a game - that's a game playing it's players. There are no meaningful decisions in single-character dominant metas. Only saving up for them...or not, and then not being able to obtain/compete.

That's not the game many of us started playing over 3 years ago. Nor is it the game many of us supported financially in 2015, 2016 and early 2017. But it is what CG has decided the game will be moving forward. So buyer beware, I guess. :shrug:
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I’m assuming theyre going to do a Clone Wars era rework around October when the new season starts. Told myself I’d wait to see if they got their act together and actually did a decent rework (unlike the grievous debacle) before I decided to uninstall the game

As it is right now, I’m leaning 70/30 towards foregoing that and just uninstalling by the end of the week. I’ll wait to Darth Revans kit gets released but I’m not optimistic. This power creep model is too insane
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I was secretly hoping that CG would hear us and instead of going with more power creep, they would actually make the game interesting and fun again and go with the rock paper scissors approach. The implications of another squad that beats anything that's even came before will be huge.

There were counters to Revan, Traya and HMF from day one. The game is a rock-paper-scissors style - coupled with a bunch of wet noodles. If you don't have any rocks, paper or scissors in your arsenal, then get yourself some. CG have provided them in the past, and I'm sure there will be some in the future as well.

Power creep is part of the bussiness strategy for this game, and CG implement it quite successfully.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    Lots of Revan counters.

How about one that won't be a black sheep that's going to fall 100 ranks over night? Don't forget or ignore the fact that we get 5 attempts a day. If you lose more than you regain within those 5 attempts then this squad is doomed and ultimately useless

With one refresh you have 10 attempts. adding those 5 ectra attempts can gain you your 50 crystals back or even more.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Traya was definitely the best team from release, although nobody had her day 1 because she had to be earned through the raid system. However even at 5 stars she was dominating arena. Her dominance lasted pretty much up until CLS was able to crush her however CLS couldn't crush her until Chewbacca and 3PO. Chewbacca only came right around the same time as Revan so it didn't matter at that point

Did you ever hear of the danger zone team? Or Thrawn lead, magmatrooper, Tarkin and friends? Or zEP, IPD and friends? Those were all available when Traya was released.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    How are you making this judgement without even seeing the kit? For all you know Darth Revan will destroy JKR but will be vunerable to a couple of other teams, opening up the rock, paper scissors arena you mentioned.

Lol. Some of you are hilarious. "This time it will be different!"

Okay. Forgive those of us who presume that CG won't "finally get it right"....after 3+ years. :D

But we have seen metas with counters previously, so isnt revan the odd one in the mix?

Revan isn't odd at all. Revan if the product of what happens when you have to counter something equally broken, like Traya. Now they must counter something even more broken (Jedi Revan). The outcome could be very very scary

Traya. Isnt. Broken.

Cls chewie beats traya. Cls chewie c3po steamrolls traya. A fast rex team can beat traya. Finn3po currently beats traya (or anything for that matter). Zep and zbast can beat traya.

cls beats revan, traya beats revan, finn beats revan, ns beat revan, grievous with bb8 beats revan
    so revan isnt broken either?

Hey man 3 out of those 4 squads you mentioned cannot beat Revan reliably. In fact I challenge you next time you're doing GA, when a Revan pops up on their defense, have the nerve to use CLS or nightsisters or GG to beat him. It's a gamble. The only squad that can reliably beat Revan is Traya and even Traya loses some times if Nihilus doesn't get his annihilate quick enough.

About two weeks ago, a discussion on these forums was started and a list of reliable, proven counters to Revan teams was compiled (check the OP of that discussion). They are out there, wether you have them in your own roster or not.
  • Options
    How are you making this judgement without even seeing the kit? For all you know Darth Revan will destroy JKR but will be vunerable to a couple of other teams, opening up the rock, paper scissors arena you mentioned.

Okay. Forgive those of us who presume that CG won't "finally get it right"....after 3+ years. :D

But we have seen metas with counters previously, so isnt revan the odd one in the mix?

Revan isn't odd at all. Revan if the product of what happens when you have to counter something equally broken, like Traya. Now they must counter something even more broken (Jedi Revan). The outcome could be very very scary

Traya. Isnt. Broken.

Cls chewie beats traya. Cls chewie c3po steamrolls traya. A fast rex team can beat traya. Finn3po currently beats traya (or anything for that matter). Zep and zbast can beat traya.

"Traya. Isnt. Broken. NOW." Is what you should've said. The 2 keys to beating her as you pointed out were released well after her
  • ClubberLangIII
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    So much anger in this thread. So much...

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Traya. Isnt. Broken.

"Traya. Isnt. Broken. NOW." Is what you should've said. The 2 keys to beating her as you pointed out were released well after her

Counters to Traya were available already when she was released:
    Waqui wrote: »
    Did you ever hear of the danger zone team? Or Thrawn lead, magmatrooper, Tarkin and friends? Or zEP, IPD and friends? Those were all available when Traya was released.

Traya never was broken.

• Options
    There are plenty of counters now.
    Arguably this is one the easiest metas to date, to climb in, regardless of mods.

....you want more of this?

God, I hope not.
    Please bring a team in that is worth a flying fart on defense
  • Options
    CG will never be able to please everyone so, they are screwed whatever they do.
    Always someone to get some cheese with their “whine”