Preview Darth Revan’s Gear on SWGOH.GG [MEGA]

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Repeating the possible cash-grabby reasons that could lead to this would be beating a dead Tauntaun, so here is a more exciting one: Something big and new is brewing.
    We have seen hints - platoons in TB suddenly becoming easier and predictable and Raid simming. Both of those are introduced to make existing content more streamlined and faster to complete. But adding new content poses a problem, either the rewards would be lackluster, or there will be an influx of high-end stuff and the bottlenecks will stop working (whether or not the bottlenecks are justified is a different can of Kouhuns entirely). One solution would be to bring G13 and use the appropriate pieces as the rewards, another is introducing new gear pieces for existing levels.
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    Well 3 month for release a new arena meta, farm is abject, requirement are really hard cuz you can't release him before, delay release cuz of "bug" and finally add new gear at G8 and G9. Just a question CG: Do you want to kill this game or just taking us for stupid guy?

May I ask where you're from?

Relevance?
  • Stenun wrote: »
    Well 3 month for release a new arena meta, farm is abject, requirement are really hard cuz you can't release him before, delay release cuz of "bug" and finally add new gear at G8 and G9. Just a question CG: Do you want to kill this game or just taking us for stupid guy?

Sry english isn't my first language and he is terrible but it's just a rant after the choice of cg since Traya by an old player
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

Sry english isn't my first language and he is terrible but it's just a rant after the choice of cg since Traya by an old player

Yeah, I got that English wasn't your first language. And when I see someone post in English as their second language, I try and figure out where they are from based on syntax, grammar, sentence structure, etc. But I couldn't figure it out based on your post, hence why I asked. :-)
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

Relevance?

That's in the Caucasus Mountain region near the Black Sea, isn't it?
  • Ignore them CG, you've been doing fine work the past few weeks. You gotta earn some shells too.

Screw the hoarders who whine. No one asked you to hoard, you are just ruining your gameplay experience as well as everyone around you.
  • Limitless thirst for money!!!
    .... but good news for us who will not unlock Darth Revan... maybe more days of glory in arena before the DRevan will be upgraded...
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm just interested to see how the pack for these pieces is priced. Given its a blue mat and a purple mat, they shouldn't really cost more than equivalent to 1400 crystals but hey ho, it'll likely be a $50 pack going by their previous form :|

Saying that, I probably wouldn't quibble if there was a $50 Revan starter pack that gave you most of the gear and a couple zetas. That would be a sensible approach
  • And that is CG answer for the delay cg itself caused on required characters' farming.

Chapeu
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Limitless thirst for money!!!
    .... but good news for us who will not unlock Darth Revan... maybe more days of glory in arena before the DRevan will be upgraded...

Frankly, the JKR madness in arena should have ended weeks ago, not be artificially kept alive like this.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Limitless thirst for money!!!

Frankly, the JKR madness in arena should have ended weeks ago, not be artificially kept alive like this.

You are right of course...... by from my point of view, with the same team of everybody else (maybe some right mods), this is the first time that I easily reach rank 1-10 if I only have the time to play in the right hours... lol
    • I have 0 problems with the demands for the Darth Revan event.. Zero. Make it 10 times as expensive, I do not care.
    • BUT, I have everything against the lack of open, honest information leading up to his release.It is not only a blatant money grab, it is also a X X (I cannot write it, as the Big US corp censorship rules likely will get this post deleted).

If GC from the day they released the first required toons for his event into the game had stated the following, this would have been avoided

Darth Revan is coming into the game (Yay!), this is how it's going to work:
    • You will need Juhanni, Carth, Fallen B, Ordo and HK47
    • The event will be really hard, you are going to need gear? and ? zeta's and pretty good mods to get Revan
    • Darth Revan unlocks at 7 stars (everybody figured that one out, but it was not stated)
    • He is going to be meta defining, but only at > gear level ?
    • We will introduce 2 new types of gear on the day of his release. Darth Revan is going to require those to get to gear level 9 and 10. He can be useful for X at lower gear levels, but you will need him to be gear Y to be useful in Z.
    • We aim for a release window from March 25 to 28, but we cannot make any promises*

I understand how the strategy you used instead might gain more money right now, but will it in the long run? I really, really do not hope it will. This will (again) get you zero player loyalty and - this is the most important part financially - loose the P2W trust from whales and big dolphins.

Let me explain. For the last few years (Jedi Knight Revan being the prime example) p2w players have gaining a larger and larger advantage - but at a higher and higher cost. We can all have our opinions about this business model, but the whales could trust a return of investment.That trust is broken now as you could invest heavily (getting Darth Revan is not cheap!) and basically end up with nothing**. We pay to get something, if that is no longer guaranteed... --> no more money, it's that simple.

* That is another thing I do not understand, how come everything is made in the last minute/subject to change? I as a consumer will gladly "pay" with 1 month of no updates to give GC a head start to avoid all the bugs and release shenanigans.
    **and if a gear 8 Darth Revan is going to be meta, then GC have failed even more.
  • feälóke wrote: »
    Dear devs,
    Give me an evidence this was long planned. If it is so, than fine, i take this.
    BUT, if this has just to clean your potential money deficit caused by your own incompetence (your delay of the event), and you have audacity to bring the burden of your failior to players, then im done with you. You have harmed players who bought packs and gear for required characters already by delaying the event. Another money grab is absolutely unacceptable.

Im with this guy.
    Introducing a new gear isnt the end of the world, but the timing and the gear level is for, makes it really suspicious that its an arrogant, transparent, rude gesture towards all players.

I think the conclusion will be made on the circumstances today.
    If 2 full pieces of these are handed out as a general goodwill (in game mail or part of the event, or even purchasable for credits/guild points/get) , then its clear the community misunderstood it and CG is doing their best.
    If theres no easy way and will cost ~3 weeks to farm ftp / cost 3k+ crystals, then theres really no excuse.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    feälóke wrote: »
    Dear devs,
    Give me an evidence this was long planned. If it is so, than fine, i take this.
    BUT, if this has just to clean your potential money deficit caused by your own incompetence (your delay of the event), and you have audacity to bring the burden of your failior to players, then im done with you. You have harmed players who bought packs and gear for required characters already by delaying the event. Another money grab is absolutely unacceptable.

Im with this guy.
    Introducing a new gear isnt the end of the world, but the timing and the gear level is for, makes it really suspicious that its an arrogant, transparent, rude gesture towards all players.

I think the conclusion will be made on the circumstances today.
    If 2 full pieces of these are handed out as a general goodwill (in game mail or part of the event, or even purchasable for credits/guild points/get) , then its clear the community misunderstood it and CG is doing their best.
    If theres no easy way and will cost ~3 weeks to farm ftp / cost 3k+ crystals, then theres really no excuse.

"Gimme free stuff you've just started selling otherwise you are at fault"? That's seriously your position?
  • I think it will be way more funny when we have him geared up to g12 and you don’t have him at all.
    Repeating the possible cash-grabby reasons that could lead to this would be beating a dead Tauntaun, so here is a more exciting one: Something big and new is brewing.
    We have seen hints - platoons in TB suddenly becoming easier and predictable and Raid simming. Both of those are introduced to make existing content more streamlined and faster to complete. But adding new content poses a problem, either the rewards would be lackluster, or there will be an influx of high-end stuff and the bottlenecks will stop working (whether or not the bottlenecks are justified is a different can of Kouhuns entirely). One solution would be to bring G13 and use the appropriate pieces as the rewards, another is introducing new gear pieces for existing levels.

^^ this right here.
    They are stretching the game.
  • Maybe it will be added to Mace Windu's challenges ^^ Maybe he could be used for something :wink:
  • Spharynx01 wrote: »
    Maybe it will be added to Mace Windu's challenges ^^ Maybe he could be used for something :wink:

That would be nice nothing in it is useful add mk5 stun guns that would be nice

^^ this right here.

Stretching the game... As long as guild events and PVE is being expanded, I would hate for this to become a pay to win, arena only game. Making gear 12+ stuff easier to get would be nice.
  • Outrageous! I can’t get on board with this at all.
    I can assure you @CG_Carrie this does not sit well with the community.
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    “You whiners cant take him to g12 immediately “

You’re missing the principle of it.
    Part of the fun of the event is the preparation.
    Money is spent panic farming the shards, gear is hoarded, crystals are hoarded.
    Like with CLS, JTR, and JKR, it’s then the thrill of work put in to take him to g12 right away.
    Putting new needed gear in, is simply paywall for those who have already paid to rush his farm.
    So they deserve a right to be upset about it without being labeled “whiner” by someone ignorant to the situation.

Is there a possibility the gear are in packs today for crystals too? Sure. Or even shops? Absolutely.
    So I’ll give CG some benefit of the doubt to see what happens.
    And “oh no ! You can’t have Revan g12 in the first hour” said by someone who clearly doesn’t take payout 1st every day against whales, so makes sense that would be said.

Again, it takes some of the fun away , as preparation is half the fun.
    Also many have already spent money on the event, so to see another paywall shoved in their face does suck, and it’s ok for them to be a tad upset about it...as they hope for the best.

You anti whiners just don’t get it. So go back to playing your Pokémon go
  • With any luck, there will be more purpose to this new gear than just paywall for one toon.
    Maybe a new raid or new gear level.

That would be nice
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    With any luck, there will be more purpose to this new gear than just paywall for one toon.

That would be nice

New gear pieces = the possibility for new gear sources (Raids, TBs, whatever) without disrupting the game economy or increasing max lvl/gear. Although it may take a while before it gets added, a single character, no matter how powerful, is hardly a justification for a new game mode awarding the new gear.
  • Or even new tb maps but woukd like a new rsid and make haat simable but not the crap rewards tierss from hpit sims

^^ this right here.

Stretching the game... As long as guild events and PVE is being expanded, I would hate for this to become a pay to win, arena only game. Making gear 12+ stuff easier to get would be nice.

Guild events like Tb is for sure coming. Galactic chase - 2 of them already. And no sign of when they are returning.
    New players in guild event store.

These new pieces need 50 each to equip and are on normal nodes. So think about those pieces that bring your toon to g12.
    With all the gear bottlenecks they just created another one while making most people now farm normal nodes instead of what I’m guessing is the standard hard node farm. Idk if they will even be in stores :/
    With any luck, there will be more purpose to this new gear than just paywall for one toon.

That would be nice

New gear pieces = the possibility for new gear sources (Raids, TBs, whatever) without disrupting the game economy or increasing max lvl/gear. Although it may take a while before it gets added, a single character, no matter how powerful, is hardly a justification for a new game mode awarding the new gear.

I agree.
    Which is why I hope that the new gear has immediate affect, besides just a terrible ploy to paywall 1 toon

That would be nice

I agree.
    Which is why I hope that the new gear has immediate affect, besides just a terrible ploy to paywall 1 toon

Same but would take a bit to see the full reason snd if other toons will need it slso
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

That would be nice

I agree.

Same but would take a bit to see the full reason snd if other toons will need it slso

I think it's reasonable to assume that other (perhaps most) new characters will need it. It's also a bit weird that we are getting mk. 7 shock prod and mk. 9 battle computer without mk. 1 to 6 or 8, respectively.
    Nauros wrote: »

That would be nice

I agree.

I think it's reasonable to assume that other (perhaps most) new characters will need it. It's also a bit weird that we are getting mk. 7 shock prod and mk. 9 battle computer without mk. 1 to 6 or 8, respectively.

Yea kinda odd but i think theres a couple others like that but could be wrong. Yea definitely can see alot of the new ones needing alot of them to cause another gear bottleneck