Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Everything up to Director Krennic has been available in the guild raid or other stores or available on multiple nodes of cantina and hard node. That is still the absolute most frustrating thing players are complaining about. We are limited to one single node to farm Embo, Junni, Carth, Nest, Vandor Chewie, etc while older no longer relevant characters sit on multiple nodes, Farm Boy Luke, Bariss, Clone Wars Chewie, Luminara, etc.

Taking away 3 extra attempts per refresh with no outlet to earn the character is the crux of the player outrage. How about take Kit Fisto or Gam Guard or some of those other highly used and sought after Platoon Fodder characters out of the raid store and put them where they belong, on a single hard node or the GW store? How about throw the player base a bone and expand our selection in the raid store. Take away one source of shards, but replace it with another which also slows down gear accumulation while players scramble for the character they want like Logray or FOSFTP.

Adding to player frustration has caused yet another mega thread of outrage with no good outlet and zero coms other than from Kyno, who has to hold down the fort as a moderator while your hired PR guy enjoys his weekend. Drop Darth Malak during Easter week as speculated and watch the real outrage for those who don’t have all KTOR toons at 7*.
  • Options
    Everything up to Director Krennic has been available in the guild raid or other stores or available on multiple nodes of cantina and hard node. That is still the absolute most frustrating thing players are complaining about. We are limited to one single node to farm Embo, Junni, Carth, Nest, Vandor Chewie, etc while older no longer relevant characters sit on multiple nodes, Farm Boy Luke, Bariss, Clone Wars Chewie, Luminara, etc.

Taking away 3 extra attempts per refresh with no outlet to earn the character is the crux of the player outrage. How about take Kit Fisto or Gam Guard or some of those other highly used and sought after Platoon Fodder characters out of the raid store and put them where they belong, on a single hard node or the GW store? How about throw the player base a bone and expand our selection in the raid store. Take away one source of shards, but replace it with another which also slows down gear accumulation while players scramble for the character they want like Logray or FOSFTP.

Adding to player frustration has caused yet another mega thread of outrage with no good outlet and zero coms other than from Kyno, who has to hold down the fort as a moderator while your hired PR guy enjoys his weekend. Drop Darth Malak during Easter week as speculated and watch the real outrage for those who don’t have all KTOR toons at 7*.

You’re looking at it all wrong. CG is giving you the opportunity to not only get 1 Embo, 1 Nast, and 1 Vandor Chewie shard each day, but also to get 1 Farm Boy Luke, 1 Lumi, and 1 CW Chewie shard each day, too, by forcing you giving you the opportunity to spread out your toon farms.

Never mind that you are no longer farming those toons because you 7*’d them two years ago.

Have fun. And don’t forget to drink your curdled milk with a big ol smile on your face, you ingrate.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Options
    Who cares? This game is just something to do. I can't remember when I started farming this character or that character. I'll finish at some point and then I'll start another. Relax, enjoy your guild mates and focus on real life.
  • Options
    Who cares? This game is just something to do. I can't remember when I started farming this character or that character. I'll finish at some point and then I'll start another. Relax, enjoy your guild mates and focus on real life.

Problem is that the reduction in farm tries without refreshing makes the game more of a grind...not more fun.
  • Raynia
    28 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The hunter ships, the KotOR toons, the new hunters are all just part of the game available to farm at your leisure now. And new players have plenty of stuff to farm, such that the difference between 5 parallel farms at 8 attempts per day versus 8 parallel farms at 5 attempts per day is more or less arbitrary, and does not significantly impact the pacing of their advancement.

It's far from arbitrary. I'd much rather farm 5 toons to 7* than 8 toons at 5 or 6* in the same amount of time. You need 7* characters to compete in raids, TB and complete events. Getting a toon to 7* as quickly as possible for the least amount of crystals could mean the difference in getting a legendary character the next time it comes up and not having to wait around 3 more months. If there were only 5 attempts (or 10 with a refresh) there would be no way I could have gotten all the BH ships to 7* in time for the Falcon event coming up and that does significantly impact my advancement.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    If someone is not having fun, building teams, developing a roster and using said roster at one point in the game, they will not have fun doing it at another. There is no magic time when all of a sudden everyone is having more fun than they derived from it before, you either enjoy this style of game of your do not.

It's not harder to farm. The drop rate is the same. Planning may need to be adjusted, but that is normal when things change.

The general sentiment you are discussing, is again that they need to "catch up" or do things faster. That is not the case, unless that is thier choice, at which point there are methods to do so. If the pace of the game is not for them, then it's not likely the game will stick as long term thing.

This is only true for the Arenas, not for every other part of the game. New players compete for raid-rewards with long-time-players. And for a spot in a HSTR-guild and guilds with good TW- an TB-scores. In GA we compete with smurfs and sandbaggers ...

This change will probably motivate HSTR-ready-players even more, to switch to a HSTR-Guild, because it takes far to long for the rest of the guild, which is not HSTR-ready, to catch up. This will canibalize the not HSTR-ready-guilds even more, than the finn-nerf.
    I read a couple of times on the forum "everybody has traya anyways", and to all those players I have to say: "No, only a couple have traya, in my guild a couple of players do not even have GK or Rolo maxed, and newer players have to build teams for every raid, TW, TB, Arena and fleet-arena and the legendary toons."
    By now, either you played since 2+ years or you spend a couple of € 1000.

If a player chooses to be in a guild of players with a higher power than they are that is thier choice. They can just as easily be in a group of like powered players who have a similar life in game.

If a player wants to be in that situation that is thier choice and more power to them, but that is still thier choice. There are plenty of guilds with good records that are building up to become great guilds. If they want to just be top end and push for the best even when they are still early/mid game, then that's on them.

What bothers me the most about all of this is, that despite the entire community telling you guys at CG that this is seriously hurting everyone but the veterans, you still sit there and insist "no no, its ok, for real." It feels like a real copout and, quite frankly, pretty insulting!
    Not to mention, who are you to assume that getting a character to 7* doesn't provide joy? I was so hyped when i got Sabine to 7*, same for Shoretrooper! It didn't matter that I still had to gear them, I finally got them up there and I was damned proud of it! Maybe the whales who buy 80% of the shards and farm the other 20% don't feel any sense of accomplishment, but the new players do! The free to play players do!
    Which is really the whole point of this thread. Vets like you who do have everyone 7* and don't need to farm any hard nodes but for new characters, who have thousand upon thousands of crystals stored away just waiting for these new toons to drop, probably don't care about this.
    But your new players do, and the middle-level players do. And what you're showing right now, with this very update, and all these answers from CG so far, shows that those players simply don't matter.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If someone is not having fun, building teams, developing a roster and using said roster at one point in the game, they will not have fun doing it at another. There is no magic time when all of a sudden everyone is having more fun than they derived from it before, you either enjoy this style of game of your do not.

It's not harder to farm. The drop rate is the same. Planning may need to be adjusted, but that is normal when things change.

The general sentiment you are discussing, is again that they need to "catch up" or do things faster. That is not the case, unless that is thier choice, at which point there are methods to do so. If the pace of the game is not for them, then it's not likely the game will stick as long term thing.

This is only true for the Arenas, not for every other part of the game. New players compete for raid-rewards with long-time-players. And for a spot in a HSTR-guild and guilds with good TW- an TB-scores. In GA we compete with smurfs and sandbaggers ...

This change will probably motivate HSTR-ready-players even more, to switch to a HSTR-Guild, because it takes far to long for the rest of the guild, which is not HSTR-ready, to catch up. This will canibalize the not HSTR-ready-guilds even more, than the finn-nerf.
    I read a couple of times on the forum "everybody has traya anyways", and to all those players I have to say: "No, only a couple have traya, in my guild a couple of players do not even have GK or Rolo maxed, and newer players have to build teams for every raid, TW, TB, Arena and fleet-arena and the legendary toons."

If a player chooses to be in a guild of players with a higher power than they are that is thier choice. They can just as easily be in a group of like powered players who have a similar life in game.

If a player wants to be in that situation that is thier choice and more power to them, but that is still thier choice. There are plenty of guilds with good records that are building up to become great guilds. If they want to just be top end and push for the best even when they are still early/mid game, then that's on them.

What bothers me the most about all of this is, that despite the entire community telling you guys at CG that this is seriously hurting everyone but the veterans, you still sit there and insist "no no, its ok, for real." It feels like a real copout and, quite frankly, pretty insulting!
    Not to mention, who are you to assume that getting a character to 7* doesn't provide joy? I was so hyped when i got Sabine to 7*, same for Shoretrooper! It didn't matter that I still had to gear them, I finally got them up there and I was damned proud of it! Maybe the whales who buy 80% of the shards and farm the other 20% don't feel any sense of accomplishment, but the new players do! The free to play players do!
    Which is really the whole point of this thread. Vets like you who do have everyone 7* and don't need to farm any hard nodes but for new characters, who have thousand upon thousands of crystals stored away just waiting for these new toons to drop, probably don't care about this.
    But your new players do, and the middle-level players do. And what you're showing right now, with this very update, and all these answers from CG so far, shows that those players simply don't matter.

I'm not sure what you mean by answers from CG.

No one has said that any level of player doesn't matter.

Fostering the idea that new players need to get things at a faster pace than has been the previous 2/3 of the life of the game because they "need to catch up" is not necessarily true.

Sure there is more to farm, but honestly the useful toons have not really increased in quantity that much due to the fact that many old toons needed (or seen as useful) for events previously have a better or more useful equivalent now. Giving new players the ability to develop a more effective roster earlier in game, and end up with less "fluff".

I was also just suggesting to look to the future, it is possible we will see a different release style that will reward HN farming, and possible not end up being added to the "normal" HN placement we have seen. But that is just speculation.
  • Options
    I think we should just stop interacting with Kyno on this one. He’s too deep in the cool-aid to really have an unbiased opinion and we’re all just going in slight variations of a circle with him.
  • Options

Fostering the idea that new players need to get things at a faster pace than has been the previous 2/3 of the life of the game because they "need to catch up" is not necessarily true.

Sure there is more to farm, but honestly the useful toons have not really increased in quantity that much due to the fact that many old toons needed (or seen as useful) for events previously have a better or more useful equivalent now. Giving new players the ability to develop a more effective roster earlier in game, and end up with less "fluff".

I was also just suggesting to look to the future, it is possible we will see a different release style that will reward HN farming, and possible not end up being added to the "normal" HN placement we have seen. But that is just speculation.

By answers from CG, I mean you, Kyno. You are a moderator on these forums, therefore I presume you are employed by CG and your answers are their answers.
    It's also not so much about catching up as it is remaining competitive. To remain competitive, you must have the roster to compete in a great many events, from GA to TB to raids to arenas, which requires a vast amount of characters geared and starred up. By removing these hard node attempts, you are directly impacting how fast and how competitive your player base can be. It gives a sizable advantage to those who pay, since every shard has a set group of players. It directly affects how much you can participate in raids, how many fights you can do in TW, GA, and TB.
    At the core of it, I believe that in the past, 5 attempts was enough. But now, with these new Hero Journeys, the amount of Legendaries, the 3 raids, GA, TB, TW, fleet arena and regular arena, there is simply so much in the game, so much to do, that we need the ability to farm faster. Maybe there will be a new thing going on with hard nodes, nobody knows, but if there is something new coming then maybe it should be fixed to work with 8 attempts? Or, barring that, maybe the drop from 8 to 5 should be done at the same time as whatever new things happen.
    Either way, I believe reducing attempts like this is a poor decision that needs rethinking. I have nothing more I can say that hasn't already been said, and I sincerely hope CG, and you Kyno, takes this thread to heart.
    Minus the raging "ermahgerd CG serks!" comments.
  • Options

By answers from CG, I mean you, Kyno. You are a moderator on these forums, therefore I presume you are employed by CG and your answers are their answers.
    It's also not so much about catching up as it is remaining competitive. To remain competitive, you must have the roster to compete in a great many events, from GA to TB to raids to arenas, which requires a vast amount of characters geared and starred up. By removing these hard node attempts, you are directly impacting how fast and how competitive your player base can be. It gives a sizable advantage to those who pay, since every shard has a set group of players. It directly affects how much you can participate in raids, how many fights you can do in TW, GA, and TB.
    At the core of it, I believe that in the past, 5 attempts was enough. But now, with these new Hero Journeys, the amount of Legendaries, the 3 raids, GA, TB, TW, fleet arena and regular arena, there is simply so much in the game, so much to do, that we need the ability to farm faster. Maybe there will be a new thing going on with hard nodes, nobody knows, but if there is something new coming then maybe it should be fixed to work with 8 attempts? Or, barring that, maybe the drop from 8 to 5 should be done at the same time as whatever new things happen.
    Either way, I believe reducing attempts like this is a poor decision that needs rethinking. I have nothing more I can say that hasn't already been said, and I sincerely hope CG, and you Kyno, takes this thread to heart.

I'd not assume he was a CG employee. There are people crazy enough to volunteer to be a moderator. From what I've seen on other games, they often get rewarded with last minute Friday updates that cause a weekend of community rage.....
  • Ethsh_Camon
    27 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    [/quote]I'd not assume he was a CG employee. There are people crazy enough to volunteer to be a moderator. From what I've seen on other games, they often get rewarded with last minute Friday updates that cause a weekend of community rage.....[/quote]

I did not know that, but it does kind of make things worse that they'd throw a volunteer to the angry masses like this. I would have expected an update from CG on monday then, or by the latest tuesday
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    When I first started back in December 2015 the hard node farms were only 3 tries, unless you refreshed. It took me 6 months to farm toons like Lobot and FOTP to 7*

When they changed the tries to 8 they said it was only temporary. I used that time to make sure I farmed every hard node only toon to 7*. Many many times I refreshed the nodes multiple times to speed up the process.

At the moment I have 169/171 toons 7*. The only thing now I have to farm on hard nodes are a few ships.

I’m not mad or upset about this change cause I knew it was gonna be for a limited time. I’m not trying to defend EA/CG here but in all fairness they did keep the tries to 8 for longer than I thought they would.

I just made sure to focus on what I needed to finish cause nothing good on this game last for ever and it’s wise to get as much shards as possible when given the extra opportunities.

Yeah it sucks they are removing the 8 attempts/yes it also sucks that rng plays a role in the amount of shards we get...but it is what it is sadly. I’m just glad I finished al my hard node only toons before the change goes back to the way it was.

IF there is anything positive...be glad it’s gonna go to 5 nodes and not 3 like all us beginner players had to do. 6 months to get a toon 7* wasn’t a walk in the park.
  • Options
    What we are witnessing is CG telling us they aren't making the money they feel they should be based on past performances. A lot of things that have been done that tell us that, this is an example, the increase to $20 to get a toon to 4*, the shameless new gear for DV, the countless attempts to get us to panic farm for Hero Journey characters, etc. They need to make more money to satisfy the fat cats to keep funding the game. Unfortunately there is an assumption that just because it is labeled as Star Wars people will throw their money at it no matter what it is. Some people do, but fewer are buying into the business model anymore. There has been an arrogance that just because someone is authorized to produce something with the licensing to this franchise that we must accept whatever they give us. The content that has been coming out lately has a vast majority of people who are disconnected to the story but it is forced upon them if they want to keep up. Making the farm longer and/or more expensive is going to turn a lot of people off.
    So we have a choice to make (assuming CG doesn't change their stance) suck it up, quit or spend. It is that simple. After 3.5 years playing myself I'm evaluating the investment I have made in the game. Does the sacrifice of time and money equal the enjoyment playing and offset the frustration of decisions that are being made at the top?
  • Options
    IF there is anything positive...be glad it’s gonna go to 5 nodes and not 3 like all us beginner players had to do. 6 months to get a toon 7* wasn’t a walk in the park.

Don't complain about the whippings, they used to use chains.

A+ logic

(If not clear, sarcasm intended)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Ok let's be clear here. I am a volunteer, as a volunteer moderator, we enforce the Forum Guidelines. Beyond that we are just players and are free to express our feelings and thoughts about any subject.

I have no more say or control over any content changes than anyone else here, other than my ability to message CG_SBCrumb often and repeatedly about the road ahead, and other topics.

Since players face other players either with a direct link to how long they have played, or are matched with player show have made the same amount of investment into thier rosters and these changes hit everyone the same way, they will be no less competitive.

As for events and specific toon things, yes plan will have to change to account for this change, but those are based on the return times more than when a player is ready. So the same general concept applies, focus on what you want and be ready as soon as you can.

This change is not a benefit to the players, but it is also not a huge detriment. Its a change and change can be rough, but it doesn't single out any particular group, except for those who have everyone unlocked and geared.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Wether it was announced to be temporary or not, it's still for CG to decide and change as they see fit. It's just one of their handles to control the pace we can farm new characters.

And we have the right to complain , what is your point?
  • Options
    Raynia wrote: »
    If there were only 5 attempts (or 10 with a refresh) there would be no way I could have gotten all the BH ships to 7* in time for the Falcon event coming up and that does significantly impact my advancement.

And there it is: The reason why they’re making the change.

They’re counting the next person not getting there and shelling out the cash to finish up.

They only speak one language, and it ain’t customer service or QOL, it’s money. Period.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Wether it was announced to be temporary or not, it's still for CG to decide and change as they see fit. It's just one of their handles to control the pace we can farm new characters.

And we have the right to complain , what is your point?

This
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    I think the biggest problem was their "after the fact" baloney excuse that it was increased to 8 for 3/4 of a year so people could farm for both Revans... Where anywhere was that stated, or even implied? Right... Maybe Reddit? Maybe one of the CG employees wrote it on a Post-it™ note and stuck it to the fridge in the office, or on their lunch in said fridge. That would almost count as official communication based on how they handle this forum sometimes.

Call a spade a spade and at least be honest enough to say you're not seeing enough real $ spending on packs and crystals. The only valid reason to drop down to 5 again.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    So are we ever gonna get an answer from an actual CGEA employee or is it gonna be silence as usual? (No offense Kyno)

None taken.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    So are we ever gonna get an answer from an actual CGEA employee or is it gonna be silence as usual? (No offense Kyno)

No.

If we do get a response it will be a we heard you and kept 8 instead of 5.... but thats a slim slim chance
  • Prosser
    285 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

No.

If we do get a response it will be a we heard you and kept 8 instead of 5.... but thats a slim slim chance

More likely "we heard you but are going ahead with the change to 5..."
  • Darthvestor_80
    484 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The fact of the matter is they told us they would give us 8 attempts per day for a limited time cut and dry that's it. so please stop crying about it. the real tragedy is the drop rates have went down atleast 60% since the Darth revan event ended.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I will never understand this mindset.

What is there to even say, other than, "Noted."

It's not like anyone here is saying anything particularly new or unexpected. The main difference is that people are speaking from a place of ignorance on the matter, because this is the sort of decision that gets made on a scale of overall game economy and pacing. Stuff the devs see and care about, and the typical player doesn't.

When they say, "We're changing it back to 5," and the playerbase says, "But I want 8," do you expect the devs to say, "Oh, I didn't realize you wanted 8?" No. They already knew that, and there's nothing to say because it isn't news, nor is it an original or unexpected observation.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I will speak up for Kyno...s/he is a good person. I have interacted with him/her and always pleasant and cool.

S/he is an asset to this forum.
  • Options
    Are they changing it to 5 because they can’t or won’t make new content?
  • Options
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Are they changing it to 5 because they can’t or won’t make new content?

They are doing it to make it longer/harder to farm a character to 7 stars.
This discussion has been closed.