Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    The amount of shards isn’t in question it’s the ability to focus and star up toons for these events in a timely manner.
    The volley of events have come out now. They are now part of the regular rotation, without so much rush. So, the extra attempts have served their purpose.

For you and me, not the newer players, but who cares right, you got what you needed.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Qiomilux wrote: »
    5 isn't even bad. Who remembers when it was only 3. People should stop complaining about something that won't be changed.

It's not because before was worst that we don't have complain.

• Options
    We all know they plan to screw players by decreasing hard node attempts from 8 to 5. As a person who joined after the start of 8 attempts, I honestly see this as only a nerf, and so I went digging for information. If this was actually declared temporary at initial announcement, I'd be willing to accept it an move on, but here's what I found:

mkh3rnjgqlls.jpg

btqbmdknuaoi.jpg

hzs8vghfg03m.jpg

(Screen shots are of the only official post I found mentioning the change, using the find function to prove there is absolutely no mention of "temporary" and including an extra shot to prove the find function works on the forums to remove that potential defense)

After finding the post where they announced the increase from 5 attempts to 8, I COULD NOT FIND ANY MENTION IF IT BEING TEMPORARY, as proven in the above pics.

Can anyome point me to a post from around the time this original 5->8 change took place or was announced that clarifies it as temporary?

If no one can, then I am officially accusing @CG_SBCrumb of lying about this change having been temporary to try and reduce backlash. In this case, I find it totally inexcusable.

I know someone's gonna merge this into the mega, but oh well, I'm only posting seperately to increase odds of it being seen by someone who might be able to either find the post in which it is called temporary, or an employee willing to confess to this blatant dishonesty. We, as players, would have no right to whine if it was announced, but if it wasnt, or if the declaration of it as temporary was hidden away in some off-key reply that 90% of people wouod never see, then this is inexcusable!

Link to the post announcing the 5->8 change, for those wanting to read through it to find proof: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/180392/game-update-8-30-2018-mods-2-0
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, it was on the in game message sent to our inbox. You won't be able to find the proof elsewhere. And since you're a new player who started after that change...
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    That's the patch where they actually changed it. Don't have time to go hunting but I'm pretty sure there was a heads up before the change happened.

I'm not saying I'm happy about the change but i always had in the back of my mind that it was temporary. Just weird that they left it so long.
  • Options
    I remember them saying it was temporary.

fvptqr8al2ls.png
  • Options
    So where did you find this? And can you prove it was from the time of the change from 5-8 roughly around august/september? People have mentioned on here that there was a temporary change PRIOR to the august/semptember one, so while I doubt you'd intend to deceive, its believable an error could be being made or an example is being taken from that first shift as a clue to where the proof for this round couod be found.

Clearly its not on the forum, and putting it in an in-game announcement that is inaccessible for players who joined after it went out (like myself) is unacceptable.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Come on mate, no one likes this change but them not stating the word ‘temporary’ on the forum post seems more like an oversight than some malicious attempt to deceive. And besides, you can accuse the Developers of whatever you want and it ain’t gonna change a thing. Just got to adapt just like everyone else.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    phartung55 wrote: »
    So where did you find this? And can you prove it was from the time of the change from 5-8 roughly around august/september? People have mentioned on here that there was a temporary change PRIOR to the august/semptember one, so while I doubt you'd intend to deceive, its believable an error could be being made or an example is being taken from that first shift as a clue to where the proof for this round couod be found.

Clearly its not on the forum, and putting it in an in-game announcement that is inaccessible for players who joined after it went out (like myself) is unacceptable.

I remember it too. I did not screenshot my in-game message, but I do recall the change being temporary.
  • NDSnyder
    174 posts Member
    Options
    We had 2 different periods of increased hard node attempts, both were exceptionally long. And both times it was stated that it will be for a limited time. While I can understand your frustration, it is no nerf....
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    NDSnyder wrote: »
    We had 2 different periods of increased hard node attempts, both were exceptionally long. And both times it was stated that it will be for a limited time. While I can understand your frustration, it is no nerf....
    OP clearly stated that he started playing after it was raised from 5 to 8.

8 is all that he and others like him have known so from their perspective it most certainly is a nerf.
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Options
    It's not a nerf. If I had started playing during double shard drops and then double drops ended I wouldn't be nerfed, I'd just have to get used to playing like the rest of us had to for so long. Just be glad they're not bringing it down to 3
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    NDSnyder wrote: »
    OP clearly stated that he started playing after it was raised from 5 to 8.

8 is all that he and others like him have known so from their perspective it most certainly is a nerf.

It is all we (referring to us newer players) have known, and equally importantly (if not more so), there appears to be no reasonable way for us to have learned that it was temporary, since there is no publically accessible source to state this, only one stating it was increased that has been shown/suggested is one we have had no access to.
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actually happy with the change. Since it went to 8 my gear farming has suffered.

The is better balance with the normal time generated energy at 5.
  • Options
    Emguy wrote: »
    It's not a nerf. If I had started playing during double shard drops and then double drops ended I wouldn't be nerfed, I'd just have to get used to playing like the rest of us had to for so long. Just be glad they're not bringing it down to 3

Except double drops give a specific start and end date/time, which is viewable to everyome, and are very clearly highlighted in game for everyone, not just those who played before double drops started, to see as a temporary event. Starting with reasonable access to that info would make it something you should expect to happen, and thus not a nerf. If you started in a period of double drops that presented itself as the everyday way of experiencing the game, especually if it happened for an extended period, it ending would be a nerf
  • Options
    200 days to farm a toon without node refreshers. Just think about it.
    200 days.
    Insane.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Wether it was announced to be temporary or not, it's still for CG to decide and change as they see fit. It's just one of their handles to control the pace we can farm new characters.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Can people stop using this Temporary excuse? Or are you being sarcastic unlike the others.

8 months is not temporary, when you have something last nearly a full YEAR it stops being "Temporary". They didn't even say it would be or even give this excuse when the 8 came back around the 2nd time in the "official" forum post.

Also to the people saying "it used to be three" it was three for a very short time. Most of this games life its been five, and then 8 for almost a year if you also include the first time it was 8.
    People need to learn how to use a calendar. First, it's 7 months, not 8, unless you include the month or so back when the Bounty Hunter rework went in. And if 8 months is "nearly a full year", then 5 attempts is "nearly" 8.

Second, the 3 attempts was not even remotely "a very short time". It was 3 attempts from launch in 11/2015 to the CLS update in 8/2017. That "very short time" is 21 months... 21 months is, I might add, more than half the time this game has existed, as we've only had 20 months since.

You're entitled to your opinion about whether this is a good, bad, or neutral change, but at least get the facts right.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Why does it matter whether or not players like yourself are able to find on the forum that they stated it was a temporary change?
    I wasn't able to find on the forum that 3 hardnode attempts per day was only temporary, but i sure was glad they changed it to 5.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    It was temporary. I remember the message.

I also might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I was reset to 5 hard attempts at one point for a short time. Maybe as an A/B test of some sort. I can't remember exactly.

But I'm pretty sure about the temporary message. Usually I'm all for whipping mobile phone game junkies into a frenzy, but in this case the devs are in the right.
  • Alukai
    29 posts Member
    Options
    If you really want a confirmation. Watch the YouTubers. Mobilegamer and Anhaldt101 specifically. They have been making videos for a long time and they post the screen shot in game from when they said it would be temporary. It was done twice. This is the second time we have had 8 farm nodes a day.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Why does it matter whether or not players like yourself are able to find on the forum that they stated it was a temporary change?
    I wasn't able to find on the forum that 3 hardnode attempts per day was only temporary, but i sure was glad they changed it to 5.

Because increasing it wouldn’t be one of the hundreds of grand conspiracies to kill the playerbase.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Because increasing it wouldn’t be one of the hundreds of grand conspiracies to kill the playerbase.

I think hes talking about the increase from 3 to 5...
  • Th3NameLess
    272 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I love that people are losing their minds over this. Just deal with it
  • Options
    Less time to play when I poop 8 to 5
  • Options
    I love that people are losing their minds over this. Just deal with it

Everyone is hoping they will change their position on the change. Without our voicing opinions, they will do as they please...wait a minute :o
  • Affy
    64 posts Member
    Options
    I get OP's comments on this being a nerf from their point of view.

I do recall it being disclosed as temporary as well.

But it does seem an over reaction from OP to accuse of CG of lying.

They're not lying you just don't have all the facts because you came later to the game.

Are you really saying that, if there had only been a limit of five when you started you waouldn't have continued playing because there wasn't eight?

Interesting that you say you will accept it if it's proven it was temporary - People have proved this to you - but you don't seem to want to accept it.

Don't get me wrong - I'm disappointed too - I'm FTP and there's always farming to do for me - Currently working on OR2 for Darth Revan and hadn't even started BH ships so that's two key legendaries I'm going to be significantly delayed getting.

CG rarely do things for a reason - We might not like what the reason is - but until we know, I don't see the point in making a huge deal about it. Can't see how at the moment, but it could be a positive move.....

Maybe worth waiting for the Road Ahead to see if there is any more info in there as to why it's decreasing.
This discussion has been closed.