Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    phartung55 wrote: »
    IF there is anything positive...be glad it’s gonna go to 5 nodes and not 3 like all us beginner players had to do. 6 months to get a toon 7* wasn’t a walk in the park.

Don't complain about the whippings, they used to use chains.

A+ logic

(If not clear, sarcasm intended)

0ibutndi4yok.jpeg
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    Options
    I'm fine with the 5 sims for newer characters but have you considered leaving the ones more than one year old at 8 sims and over 2 years unlimited or something along those lines? If I lost my account there is no way I would ever start over. It has gotten much better with some events like rebel round up that give your shards for obscure characters but since it is random, it still isn't great. I can't imagine how hard it is trying to find the right balance to keep revenue up but there has to be a middle ground where new players can still get some important chars. Some great ones that are now over a year old include Nihilus, Talzin and Sion. Coming soon will be Bossk and Nest. PS - move the vets to GW store or a BH contract event 3 or something to help. They are way too painful for new players to have to farm anymore. Rey is over a year now too so she should be less painful to acquire.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    Options
    To add on to previous thoughts. Maybe you guys should resurrect GW, Cantina and Arena store ONLY ONLY ONLY for these hyper critical progression chars that are over a certain age. I'm looking at you vets, Farmboy, Old Ben and come next July (or whatever cadence seems appropriate) the OR squad, etc. One of the best ways to manage your revenue and churn rate is to keep new players coming in. If old players are writing posts on here and Reddit saying not to bother because you will never catch up, then they won't try whereas if they feel like they can make some headway, they are more likely to drop a few $20s here and there and have a chance to grow into whales.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    We only had THREE sim attempts per hard node. I farmed FOTP and FOST to 7* this way. You darn kids and your 8 attempts!
    (That being said I support keeping it at 8, just wanted to throw some perspective out there :smile:)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget we had to walk 8 miles to school and back at 1x speed - for a whole year!
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    I farmed FOTP the hard way so every one else should!
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    Options
    Back in my day a game was complete with no micro transactions.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Options
    counter point.... (just to be argumentative :p ). You had more nodes to farm those characters on that have now been replaced by the new single hard node system. FOST for example.... 3 sims on 3 nodes so 9 free attempts. Now (or soon), 5 sims on 2 nodes so 10 attempts + 10000000000 other characters to also farm from hard nodes ;)
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @EduardoCadav just to counter your counter fotp had one hard node.. when there was only the 5 fo toons and bb8 was a new thing.. that was a hard farm..
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    refreshing a node was also more expensive, aswell the 3rd energy refresh.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    @EduardoCadav just to counter your counter fotp had one hard node.. when there was only the 5 fo toons and bb8 was a new thing.. that was a hard farm..

very fair point... there's always going to be slower farms and faster farms. I will muddle through and do my best to complain loudly about the relevant things at the relevant time o:)
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    Don't forget we had to walk 8 miles to school and back at 1x speed - for a whole year!

And it was uphill both ways
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Kurrgan wrote: »
    To add on to previous thoughts. Maybe you guys should resurrect GW, Cantina and Arena store ONLY ONLY ONLY for these hyper critical progression chars that are over a certain age. I'm looking at you vets, Farmboy, Old Ben and come next July (or whatever cadence seems appropriate) the OR squad, etc. One of the best ways to manage your revenue and churn rate is to keep new players coming in. If old players are writing posts on here and Reddit saying not to bother because you will never catch up, then they won't try whereas if they feel like they can make some headway, they are more likely to drop a few $20s here and there and have a chance to grow into whales.

This is something I can get behind. If a character has been a hard node grind for 6 months or longer release him into a store. You can even rotate other characters out of the store and into a hard node grind. That's kind of cool.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    You know, after the dust has settled a bit, I did some thinking. Lowering from 8 to 5, it's good. I spend less time in game now. I run dailies, do a little admin if needed, auto a raid, I'm gone. I think it's going to be good for me. I parked my alts, and really don't miss them. I run with the pack in the mmo I play and that's enough for my gaming urges. Guys, just blow it off. Life is too short.
  • Options
    So much negativity on these forums. really sad to see. CG never stated that 8 attempts was permanent! it was TEMPORARY!!!!!!!!!! What about that do people not understand? I boggles my mind. It's their game so they run it like they want. They don't charge people to download the game. All income they make is voluntary from players. People love to overreact and this is a huge case of that. I hope CG chooses to ignore most of what is being said because its extremely ungrateful and stuff like that really makes future content and future temporary boosts much less likely.

I want to thank the game designers for giving us 8 attempts for as long as they did!
  • Options
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    phartung55 wrote: »
    IF there is anything positive...be glad it’s gonna go to 5 nodes and not 3 like all us beginner players had to do. 6 months to get a toon 7* wasn’t a walk in the park.

Don't complain about the whippings, they used to use chains.

A+ logic

(If not clear, sarcasm intended)

0ibutndi4yok.jpeg

Can't come up with a rebuttal so posts a silly picture.

Those that sit and stare, will undoubtedly compare, this dialogue as such... They will moan and groan at white knights on stick horses, relight dead torches, and ponder it all a bit, but nothing has been said, that will alter the fact in the end, that no one really gives a ….

• Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I'm not complaining. I think people should have to cough up a little $ if they want the latest and greatest right away. I just don't want it to be impossible for new players to get the legendary and hero's journey chars within a reasonable amount of time. Think of who you can't farm to be a productive member of a decent guild if you have to painfully grind old chars like the vets, farmboy luke, old ben, DN, sion, etc. I am proposing that 5 is fine for newer chars, I just want balance so we keep getting new players signing up who can more easily grind the old.

and yes, I know that 1/2 of those are cantina but my point stands. THere are other old old chars that should ignore the 5 attempts rule if someone wants them.
  • Options
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    So much negativity on these forums. really sad to see. CG never stated that 8 attempts was permanent! it was TEMPORARY!!!!!!!!!! What about that do people not understand? I boggles my mind. It's their game so they run it like they want. They don't charge people to download the game. All income they make is voluntary from players. People love to overreact and this is a huge case of that. I hope CG chooses to ignore most of what is being said because its extremely ungrateful and stuff like that really makes future content and future temporary boosts much less likely.

I want to thank the game designers for giving us 8 attempts for as long as they did!

Seven months TEMPORARY!!!!!! And in that time a lot has changed. The game has progressed and this is clearly a regressive move. The Revans did not make as much revenue as they had hoped so they have to find a way of making that money. Yes, it's their game and ultimately they can do as they like. But if they upset the community enough that more and more people quit the game what does that ultimately serve other than to kill that game? My mind boggles as to why some players can't see that. Some people can't see the woods for the trees.

When they increased the attempts from 5 to 8, it was a known to be temporary. they kept it on at 7 months so that people could get both Revans free to play. It was a luxury to have it for 7 months! They didn't need to do that but they did. I for one am thankful for that. I wouldn't have been able to get Darth Revan if they hadn't extended that 8 attempts period as far as they did.
  • Options

Seven months TEMPORARY!!!!!! And in that time a lot has changed. The game has progressed and this is clearly a regressive move. The Revans did not make as much revenue as they had hoped so they have to find a way of making that money. Yes, it's their game and ultimately they can do as they like. But if they upset the community enough that more and more people quit the game what does that ultimately serve other than to kill that game? My mind boggles as to why some players can't see that. Some people can't see the woods for the trees.

When they increased the attempts from 5 to 8, it was a known to be temporary. they kept it on at 7 months so that people could get both Revans free to play. It was a luxury to have it for 7 months! They didn't need to do that but they did. I for one am thankful for that. I wouldn't have been able to get Darth Revan if they hadn't extended that 8 attempts period as far as they did.

But the game has changed to a point where the 8 tries are necessary...not just a luxury. CG made a choice to make a number of critical characters hard node farms only...to drop the tries from 5 to 8 makes a 3 months farm to a 6 months farm...considering the return for a legendary character is 3-4 months...it would take 3 rounds for someone just to get a legendary
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »

But the game has changed to a point where the 8 tries are necessary...not just a luxury. CG made a choice to make a number of critical characters hard node farms only...to drop the tries from 5 to 8 makes a 3 months farm to a 6 months farm...considering the return for a legendary character is 3-4 months...it would take 3 rounds for someone just to get a legendary

Considering they don't announce the first two occurrences of Legendary events in the monthly calendar and instead give only one week notice, I think that is the case they want. They want most F2P folks to get the Legendary on the third appearance.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Sorry but the numbers dont look right.

If it was 3 months with 8, the reduction to 5, is 60%, making the new number 5 months (just under).

Meaning if you put a little extra in your could make the next run at 3-4 months(like many do to make the first run of an event), or you can focus down and hit the second run.
  • Raynia
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    If a player chooses to be in a guild of players with a higher power than they are that is thier choice. They can just as easily be in a group of like powered players who have a similar life in game.
    If a player wants to be in that situation that is thier choice and more power to them, but that is still thier choice. There are plenty of guilds with good records that are building up to become great guilds. If they want to just be top end and push for the best even when they are still early/mid game, then that's on them.

You talk a lot about player choices. Why do you want to take away a player's current choice to farm fewer characters at a cheaper and faster rate?
  • Options

If it was 3 months with 8, the reduction to 5, is 60%, making the new number 5 months (just under).

Meaning if you put a little extra in your could make the next run at 3-4 months(like many do to make the first run of an event), or you can focus down and hit the second run.

You are correct...the change in node chances results in an extra 2 months worth of farming.

280 shards at 2.66 shards a day is 105 days (3.5 months)

280 shards at 1.66 shards a day is 168 days (5.5 months)

Numbers get worse if you actually refresh

One refresh:

280 at 5.33 shards a day is 52.5 days (less than 2 months)

280 at 3.33 shards a day is 84 days (less than 3 months)

Two refreshes:

280 at 8 shards a day is 35 days

280 at 5 shards a day is 56 days

You could farm it faster with one refresh at 8 tries than two refreshes at 5 tries and save yourself like 2500 crystals.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You are correct...the change in node chances results in an extra 2 months worth of farming.

280 shards at 2.66 shards a day is 105 days (3.5 months)

280 shards at 1.66 shards a day is 168 days (5.5 months)

Numbers get worse if you actually refresh

One refresh:

280 at 5.33 shards a day is 52.5 days (less than 2 months)

280 at 3.33 shards a day is 84 days (less than 3 months)

Two refreshes:

280 at 8 shards a day is 35 days

280 at 5 shards a day is 56 days

You could farm it faster with one refresh at 8 tries than two refreshes at 5 tries and save yourself like 2500 crystals.

That looks better, just trying to make sure we dont run off with incorrect info.

Not trying to nit pick, thanks for showing the numbers.
  • Options
    I think people should be showing appreciation for have the 8 Attempts for so long. Complaining about going to 5 makes us sounds like a bunch of ungrateful spoiled brats. When you have kids throwing a hissy fit when they don’t get their way you never cave to their demands... no matter how long they hold their breath.
  • Options
    Temporary = for 8 months
  • StarSon
    7461 posts Member
    Options
    Temporary = for 8 months

Temperory = any non-permanent amount of time, no matter how long or short.
This discussion has been closed.