Upcoming Changes to Bastila Shan [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Clearly they want to reduce Rock paper scissor and increase revanue
    Rock Paper Scissors? You mean Revan Revan Revan?
  • Options
    I’ve been killing your precious JKR and DR with CLS for a while now. While the tenancy will make that harder, I’ll still break your dumb KOTOR toys with Real Star Wars characters. Go away KOTOR. No one likes you.
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Can someone at CG tell us what exactly this change is meant to address?

Malak

If that was the case, why wouldn't they just make the change when they drop Malak? Why now?
  • Options
    Droideka wrote: »

Nope...EP lead Trio and CLS both work great now.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I foresee new levels of pain in mirror matches... :-/

Oh well, I’ll take it, I’m very happy with my JKR team anyway.
  • Options
    Instead of making already overpowered characters stronger, why don’t you try balance? Also, when will we be getting more characters from the movies and tv shows and not from a 15 year old video game set 4000 years before all of the rest of Star Wars that was never canon even before the Disney purge?
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Can someone at CG tell us what exactly this change is meant to address?

Malak

If that was the case, why wouldn't they just make the change when they drop Malak? Why now?

Frustration. Really hype up malak and how much he will be needed
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Droideka wrote: »

Nope...EP lead Trio and CLS both work great now.

Wait until the bastilla change hits
  • Options
    So they couldn’t stand having their cash cow get beaten by something they didn’t make as much money on.
  • Options
    Apologies everyone, there was a missing part of her update. I just updated the original post to include it. Take a look!
  • Options
    And now legendary battle meditation is undispellable? JKR just became unbeatable by non-Revan teams. I would seriously believe that a troll gained control of the CG accounts based on all of the garbage they are spewing today.
  • Options
    So uh. How much will this increase her power? I didn't put a lot into Bastila (just enough to unlock JKR), so I'm about 3k short of the 17.5k requirement. I know this won't increase it by that much, but any little bit will help..
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Kluge wrote: »
    …..and keep reading folks, they're taking away the 'protection up' and completely re-writing Bastila's leader ability. Time for another zeta/ability mat refund
    Oh, I didn't see that the ability is now re-labeled as unique

That sucks
    EDIT: loved her lead, still think it should stay
  • Options
    TyloRen wrote: »
    DEV POST
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

In the next release, Bastila Shan has been given a new Unique ability, Force Bond, in order to better represent the connection between Jedi Knight Revan and Bastila Shan.

Unique 2 - Force Bond

Final Text: If Jedi Knight Revan is in the leader slot: Bastila and Jedi Knight Revan have +70% Accuracy, Potency, and Tenacity. Jedi Knight Revan also recovers Protection from Legendary Battle Meditation.

If Darth Revan is on the enemy squad: Bastila gains Advantage and Retribution for 1 turn at the start of Darth Revan's turns.
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    In addition to the above new ability, Bastila Shan's Unique 1, Legendary Battle Meditation, has been updated to the following:

Description: At the start of Bastila's turn, all other allies gain 1% Turn Meter (doubled for Jedi) and Legendary Battle Meditation for 1 turn.

Legendary Battle Meditation: +25% Potency and +10% counter chance (doubled for Jedi)

+1% Turn Meter Gain
    +10% Potency
    +10% Counter chance
    +15% Potency
    +15% Counter chance
    +1% Turn Meter Gain
    Add 2% Protection Recovery per buff at start of turn and Legendary Battle Meditation can't be dispelled

Final Text: At the start of Bastila's turn, she recovers 2% Protection for each buff she has, and all other allies gain 3% Turn Meter (doubled for Jedi) and Legendary Battle Meditation for 1 turn.

Legendary Battle Meditation: +50% Potency and +35% counter chance (doubled for Jedi). Legendary Battle Meditation can't be dispelled.

DEV POST

Nice!
  • Options
    …..and keep reading folks, they're taking away the 'protection up' and completely re-writing Bastila's leader ability. Time for another zeta/ability mat refund

Not sure what your talking about? I don't see any change to her leadership?
  • Options

Where do you see this?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Liked it. Since Revan ♥ Bastila were a couple it makes sense their bond works both on the light and the dark side. :)
  • Options

That's incorrect. The second part of the update is for her current unique - Legendary Battle Meditation. It will be the exact same as it is now except the Legendary Battle Meditation won't be able to be dispelled. The change has nothing to do with her leader ability - Initiative.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    JKR, First meta to ever break 90% of all teams in top place in the entire game.

Couple weeks of DR causing the meta to shift a bit, I'm using Rebels cause its fun being able to beat both Revans, this even after they nerfed Finn because Finn could beat both.

Then CG buffs Bast, Bast an awesome Jedi leader that would be awesome to have 2 good Jedi squads.

And makes Bast JKR's lackey. Why you make us Zeta GMY lead, then zeta Bast lead, then force us to use both of them under a Zeta JKR lead?
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options
    I’m not seeing the leader changes at all, are you guys smoking something? New unique, change to other unique, that’s what I see. Why is everyone going off about her lead?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Trake wrote: »
    I’m not seeing the leader changes at all, are you guys smoking something? New unique, change to other unique, that’s what I see. Why is everyone going off about her lead?

I think only people who didn't read the open post are going crazy about it. :D
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options
    KKatarn wrote: »

I think only people who didn't read the open post are going crazy about it. :D

Yeah I guess. Love the name by the way, my ingame name is Corran Horn
  • Options
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Apologies everyone, there was a missing part of her update. I just updated the original post to include it. Take a look!

this just makes things worse, removing LBM from yoda was crucial to prevent him counter attacking and killing DR
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Important question, will Force Bond be a Zeta ability? I'm guessing no, because Fallen Bast's isn't, but would be nice to know.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    In addition to the above new ability, Bastila Shan's Unique 1, Legendary Battle Meditation, has been updated to the following:

Tophat ninja edited the post 30 minutes later to say unique 1, Legendary Battle Meditation, earlier it said her new unique 1 is called Initiative which is what her current leader ability is called. Thought they changed her lead ability to unique 1 and got rid of it
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Are they going to add a lead ability to Badstila as well?
  • Options
    We should show our disappointment by rating the game with 1 Star in the Store. If this is going to be a game made only to players that can afford lots of money on it its better making it a Paygame instead of a free one.

I understand that it's nice to have some privileges about spending some money on the game, it has sense and its the way that the servers continue working. But bring a puzzle of a character with that requirements with two days of anticipation its just like kidding on us.

I see this like the dead of this game, not just because of the disappointment. They drop hard nodes from 8 to 5 because no panic farming will be coming in the future, at least that is what they say. What about characters coming in the future ? How insane will the requirements will be ?

It's just about making them hear the players, i'm sorry if there are some mistakes on the text, i'm not a native english speaker.