Malak Event

Replies

• Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just worried about dropping extra gear/zetas on everyone except T3 and Juhani, and then finding out they were the necessary lynchpins.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    3 days only. For those of you that havent seen it:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200778/showdown-at-star-forge#latest

17.5k power x 10 characters. Who's ready?

Seems to be about g9-12 depending on if you have a zeta or not.

if by 9-12 you mean 12 than its fine :D
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    3 days only. For those of you that havent seen it:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200778/showdown-at-star-forge#latest

17.5k power x 10 characters. Who's ready?

Seems to be about g9-12 depending on if you have a zeta or not.

if by 9-12 you mean 12 than its fine :D

Not true. Can get it as low as g9 depending on zeta. And G12 doesnt guarantee it. G11 Zam with no zeta has more, G12 Nihilus (no zeta) has less. Greedo would pass it at g11 no zeta if I fully upgraded his abilities. KRU woud hit it at G9 WITH his second zeta.

rftklf0gajxp.png
    hgc1ivyj4dw9.png
    tv31dzd4brfu.png
    ekgx66mbs2u4.png
  • Options
    It is because those characters have more than 4 skills. Those you posted have leadership abilities, unique and special. Mission and Big Z have 4. Bounty Hunters have 6 including leadership and BH payout. KRU and Nihilus have 5. Not an even comparison.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    It is because those characters have more than 4 skills. Those you posted have leadership abilities, unique and special. Mission and Big Z have 4. Bounty Hunters have 6 including leadership and BH payout. KRU and Nihilus have 5. Not an even comparison.

Here are 3 that are over by a lot so could get by with lower gear and/or no zeta:

6vmh1gtkfxs1.png
    tyflisztvwl8.png
    561i96ffg9jb.png
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    So if you don’t put a Zeta they have to be G12 to meet the Min GP requirements right?

I think it depends on the character. My canderous is g12 +2 and he's at 18000

Edit: forgot to say he has no zeta

And how about mods? They can shift the GP by quite a bit, and it seems that good mods will be a necessity here. All things considered, the gear requirement doesn't seem to be that drastic.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone figured out what the lowest Gear we could be to hit the 17,500 on Misson and Zaalbar if we did the zeta on both plus 5 dot mods?? Plus would the other abilities have to be omega'd? If so I'm screwed.
  • Options
    I think I'm ready - if I picked the right toons ...

I'm pretty sure that "... a level of strategy previously unseen" or whatever Carrie said in the post just boils down to "better hope you picked the right toons, because if you picked xx over yy, the event will be impossible no matter how many ressources you waste".

So hopefully, I'm not going to need T3 or Juhani... We'll see...

Also ... expect RNG hell and 300 attempts to get lucky...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    I think I'm ready - if I picked the right toons ...

I'm pretty sure that "... a level of strategy previously unseen" or whatever Carrie said in the post just boils down to "better hope you picked the right toons, because if you picked xx over yy, the event will be impossible no matter how many ressources you waste".

So hopefully, I'm not going to need T3 or Juhani... We'll see...

Also ... expect RNG hell and 300 attempts to get lucky...

Yeah, I am kinda worried that T3 will be needed, maybe the enemies will have some crazy defensive buffs or something like that. And Juhani is the only taunter for the DR part.
    On the other hand, resources put into the rest are far from wasted. They are either an integral part of JKR or DR teams or make a great GA/TW team. I have Mission and Zaalbar G12 and don't regret a single gear piece.
  • Options
    Watch as the event drops they tell us that we are not allowed to use either revans leadership. Hope there aren’t any Curve balls ..
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddesy wrote: »
    Watch as the event drops they tell us that we are not allowed to use either revans leadership. Hope there aren’t any Curve balls ..

Unlikely. Revan was the leader in the assault on Star Forge, be it light or dark ending.
  • Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Yes except most players dont have multiple Zetas sitting around to be used. They are basically forcing players to spend serious cash on lame characters, what a genius way to **** people off. I had multiple guild members quit today after playing for years over this garbage.

Same. This is a slap in the face. They are treating the players base like ****.
  • Options
    Yes except most players dont have multiple Zetas sitting around to be used. They are basically forcing players to spend serious cash on lame characters, what a genius way to **** people off. I had multiple guild members quit today after playing for years over this garbage.

I find it strange that they quit over this? I also find it strange that people wanted less marquees and more event and journey based characters. Beware of what you wish for, and all that...

The OR characters are not lame (at least gameplay-wise). You gear them and you have a top 5-10 defensive team for GA that literally deserve a spot on every board.

And seriously, we would have known earlier if our puzzle-solvers were worth a dang. Fortunately, I have no math or science-related puzzle skills so am blameless and can justifiably blame others! ;)

I'm not saying the entire old republic faction is lame, just some select toons. Like Juhani. And people are quitting because of the recent string of horrible decisions made by the developers, and this latest one was like an anvil that broke the camel's back. I never even imagined any free to play game would become so aggressively pay to win. It has become ridiculous.
  • Options

Lame? Huh?

OR chars outside revan/drevan team are the most well designed characters in the game.
  • Options

I find it strange that they quit over this? I also find it strange that people wanted less marquees and more event and journey based characters. Beware of what you wish for, and all that...

The OR characters are not lame (at least gameplay-wise). You gear them and you have a top 5-10 defensive team for GA that literally deserve a spot on every board.

And seriously, we would have known earlier if our puzzle-solvers were worth a dang. Fortunately, I have no math or science-related puzzle skills so am blameless and can justifiably blame others! ;)

I'm not saying the entire old republic faction is lame, just some select toons. Like Juhani. And people are quitting because of the recent string of horrible decisions made by the developers, and this latest one was like an anvil that broke the camel's back. I never even imagined any free to play game would become so aggressively pay to win. It has become ridiculous.

Juhani is a great char.

She's not the silly powerful char, you need her geared, and modded right to reach her full potential.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Juhani is a great char.

She's not the silly powerful char, you need her geared, and modded right to reach her full potential.

Wow, if you really believe that shes a great character then theres no point in even trying to talk to, we might as well be on different planets.
  • Options
    What is really annoying, is that if this event is truly "extremely difficult" then why is there an arbitrary power level requirement. If it's as challenging as they claim it is, then the difficulty itself should be what prevents you from earning Malak; not arbitrary requirements. I like many others have all the required characters AT SEVEN STARS, yet I am blocked from even attempting the event; its ridiculous.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Juhani is a great char.

Wow, if you really believe that shes a great character then theres no point in even trying to talk to, we might as well be on different planets.

She's a great char of OR team in TW and GA. What's wrong?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    What is really annoying, is that if this event is truly "extremely difficult" then why is there an arbitrary power level requirement. If it's as challenging as they claim it is, then the difficulty itself should be what prevents you from earning Malak; not arbitrary requirements. I like many others have all the required characters AT SEVEN STARS, yet I am blocked from even attempting the event; its ridiculous.

To prevent players from spending hours upon hours in frustration with undergeared characters when they don't have a chance to complete it anyway.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i'm ready.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

To prevent players from spending hours upon hours in frustration with undergeared characters when they don't have a chance to complete it anyway.

Oh wow, so announcing a 2 day event 2 days before it starts with ridiculous requirements is actually to help the players; yea it all makes sense now 😱
  • Options
    The 17500k gear required wouldn't be so bad if CG and EA would just increase the drop rate of stun guns and cuffs. So many characters and so few guns and cuffs
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Oh wow, so announcing a 2 day event 2 days before it starts with ridiculous requirements is actually to help the players; yea it all makes sense now 😱

I thought we are discussing the 17,5K GP requirement, not the timing?
    The timing definitely sucks, it's far too easy to miss the event if someone is away for the weekend. Hopefully they return to full-week events.
  • Options
    I can't believe you're sitting here trying to figure out how to budget team this. G12 and a zeta is the best chance you got. 2 days only. Don't mess around. Don't try to figure out how to do this on the cheap. It's only going to lead to massive frustration.
  • Options
    Will there be a second time though? Sounds like it might be one time event. That would suck. They need to clarify
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I can't believe you're sitting here trying to figure out how to budget team this. G12 and a zeta is the best chance you got. 2 days only. Don't mess around. Don't try to figure out how to do this on the cheap. It's only going to lead to massive frustration.

So much this. Don’t go for the bare minimum. Make sure you get there or don’t try. Otherwise you could be spending money for something you won’t get and you’re only going to be unhappy with yourself and the game.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »

So much this. Don’t go for the bare minimum. Make sure you get there or don’t try. Otherwise you could be spending money for something you won’t get and you’re only going to be unhappy with yourself and the game.

Very well said.
  • Options
    I don't think they're messing around when they said very difficult. For the Darth Revan event, that pushed my team a little bit and I am full G12 and zeta. (except Juhani) Here is my roster. https://swgoh.gg/p/671797632/

I am nervous with my lineup and like I said I have G12 and Zeta.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    JKR - should be G12+ and fully zeta'd anyway
    Jolee - should be G12+ and zeta'd anyway
    Bastila - should be G11 and zeta'd or G12 w/o zeta anyway
    Mission - essential for the Carth TW/GA squad, should be zeta'd so G11 is fine
    Zaalbar - essential for the Carth TW/GA squad, G12 or G11 with zeta

DR - should be G12+ and fully zeta'd anyway (or at least fully zeta'd if stuck with the new gear pieces)
    HK - should be G12+ and zeta'd anyway
    Badstila - should be G12+ anyway
    Carth - essential for the Carth TW/GA squad, should be zeta'd so G11 is fine
    Canderous - essential for the Carth TW/GA squad, G12 or G11 with zeta (*yikes*)
    Both Trios (JKR, Jolee, Bast / DR, HK, Badstila) should be built up anyway so it's about the +2 fillers on both sides. Anyone with a good resource management did gear up the Carth squad by now as it is an amazing squad for all territories of the game except for arena (TW, GA, TB, HSR).
    The only 2 downsides are 1) might have to throw a zeta on Canderous (which is prolly one of the worst zetas in the game) and 2) if it turns out that one of the other chars (Juhani, T3) is required due to the events strategy that might be a problem.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Will there be a second time though? Sounds like it might be one time event. That would suck. They need to clarify

Since he appears in GE store only after unlock, there has to be a second time. Or he has to appear there for everyone after a while.