Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    What I think a lot of you are forgetting about this, is that whales already have all the required characters at the minimum GP... so they dgaf about the requirement
  • Options
    Is there any chance - any chance at all, that we can maybe one day have something fun and engaging that's maybe open to the majority of the player base.

Geonosis TB coming right up. Start gearing your Clones, Galactic Republic Jedi and Seperatists. You're going to need them.

• Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Hello CG,

Thanks for the new content! Quick question - is the Malak event a one-time event (like a Marquee) or a recurring two-day event?

Thanks!

I'd like to know this as well

Most likely recurring. They'll want to keep the gate to Malak, so you'll need 10 G12 toons to even unlock him.
    Post edited by Krjstoff on
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    We need all this for a single character from a 16 year old video game?

Man, I need to move to Cali and have some of whatever they're having....

It might be because they're close to napa valley :D
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    We need all this for a single character from a 16 year old video game?

Man, I need to move to Cali and have some of whatever they're having....

It might be because they're close to napa valley :D

And Mary Jane is legal there, thats all im saying
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Why does everyone have to get every character as soon as it is released? If only a small portion of the base has it, it really won't impact you much.

If everyone got every character on first release, wouldn't that make the game sort of boring?

Exactly, you should give good example to players and ignore that event while having 5+ millions gp
  • Options
    Why does everyone have to get every character as soon as it is released? If only a small portion of the base has it, it really won't impact you much.

If everyone got every character on first release, wouldn't that make the game sort of boring?

because if we dont have it we cant get 1st and rack in the f2p crystals
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's great they came up with a new way to get Malek.

At this point those with both Revans should have most geared enough anyway.

I also don't think those not getting him should be so concerned. Remember Chewie? If you focused on that 2st time around you were struggling to get JKR.

They have said they are switching to Clone Wars era after. Those focused on Malek will then struggle to catch up on Clone Wars content.

So instead of getting worked up over not getting Malek start saving up for what we know is coming after.
  • Options
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Serious question. Does everyone complaining about how unfriendly this game is to F2P players actually play other games like this? There are honestly only 2 reasons I’ve continued to play this games 1) Star Wars 2) Its extremely F2P friendly. The value you get from spending money in this game is horrible. There’s not a huge pay gap.

Was friendly. With the upcoming changes and events like this, it’ll make being ftp a long long slog. By the time a ftp catches up to the whales, they’ll have moved on to the much shinier toys.

I’ll agree on the value for money aspect. The prices are shocking, which is why I’m firmly ftp. The packs that we used to get for £10 to get the next star were ok, but other than that, truely horrible prices. I’m amazed people spend on it.

Maybe I’m just biased because I’ve been playing for 3 years and I remember how much worse it was before and have had time to naturally farm most of the characters anyway. But from my perspective things aren’t getting worse at all. The latest farms have been so much easier than the earlier legendaries.

You must go to the cinema man. Hahaha,must easier. Revan was P2P my friend,and malak is total p2p for 80 or 85 % of people. I think you don't play swgoh.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    chances of them changing the requirements like you're suggesting are slim to none.

Same chances as simming 10 at time and getting 10 pieces of what you want lol
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    chances of them changing the requirements like you're suggesting are slim to none.

Same chances as simming 10 at time and getting 10 pieces of what you want lol

Or 7 carbantis from challenge :D
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Guys, could you please learn to spell MALAK correctly?
  • Options
    "Oh you enjoy playing SWGOH.....would'nt it be ashame if someone destroyed it?"

CG has lost their ever loving minds

R.I.P. SWGOH
  • Options
    I think most of you are missing the part where it appears this event is a ONE time thing... so if you miss this event, you can only get him by using GET after you have both revans.... and I will not be surprised at all if you have to unlock him at 7 in the guild event store.
  • Faffyd
    38 posts Member
    Options
    So much melodrama and entitlement from some players

I won’t get Malak for a while but luckily I’ve been saving gear and shards for the needed characters, I think combining the 2 Revan eventtoons to get Malak is a good idea and hopefully in the future other legendary style characters can be gained this way
  • Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I think most of you are missing the part where it appears this event is a ONE time thing... so if you miss this event, you can only get him by using GET after you have both revans.... and I will not be surprised at all if you have to unlock him at 7 in the guild event store.

thats is not correct. you can only farm him from GET AFTER you get him 5*
  • Ultra
    11510 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    You are wrong. He doesn’t show up in GET store at all if you don’t have him unlocked at 5 stars

In the past they would lock certain gear pieces in the guild store to only be visible at cheap prices when your player level was at a certain range. Being able to adjust the store content based on player progress was always something CG was capable of
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    I really don't see why people are getting so worked up.
    How is this any different from any other Pay To Win event they have previously run? So you won't get Darth Malak this time around, so what? You can farm the required characters over the next few months and get him next time.
    Why is your inability to get a character the moment it is released being equated with the death of the game?

If this game is to survive, it needs to keep introducing new ways to spend money. Only a small fraction of players spend and once they've bought a character they're not going to do so again. So then what? Do CG sit around and hope someone else comes along to buy the character? Or do they introduce new characters for people to buy?
    What is the problem here?? Seriously.

Yes, I would love to get myself to the top 50 in the Squad Arena every day without ever spending money. But we know that's not possible. So why get upset every time we're reminded of that fact?
  • Options
    Not sure if moderators actually respond to this thread, but am I reading this right?

Malak unlocks at 5 stars, but only after you have JKR and DR teams and its going to have a 17.5k power per character requirement. After unlocking at 5 stars he will appear in Guild Store. BUT this is an achievement and therefore a one time only event? Meaning that if you don't complete the 2 day event to unlock him in Guild store you're never going to unlock him?

If its recurring, oh well I've been grinding for a couple of years to catch up anyway just gives me another goal to work towards. If its a one time event and there will never again be a way to unlock Malak, then yeah I'll just take my piddly $5-$50 a month and go elsewhere.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Kynthlir wrote: »
    Not sure if moderators actually respond to this thread, but am I reading this right?

I'm pretty sure they are too busy deleting Anti EA/CG/Dev team and mass influx of cheating posts.

Which is probably way better than banning 3/4's of the forum who are raging right now.

The other 1/4th would quickly get bored and have nothing to do no one to abuse.

So probably good for everyone
  • DeepChu
    185 posts Member
    Options
    All legendary / heroes journey are achievements and recurring. He will show again. It is just a new kind of event with no warning and really high requirements.

There are tons of people that have both revans and have ungeared zaalbar, t3, mission, ordo, juhani. Almost everybody throw the z on carth onasi, so he should be on power.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    How is this any different from any other Pay To Win event they have previously run? So you won't get Darth Malak this time around, so what? You can farm the required characters over the next few months and get him next time.
    Why is your inability to get a character the moment it is released being equated with the death of the game?

If this game is to survive, it needs to keep introducing new ways to spend money. Only a small fraction of players spend and once they've bought a character they're not going to do so again. So then what? Do CG sit around and hope someone else comes along to buy the character? Or do they introduce new characters for people to buy?

Yes, I would love to get myself to the top 50 in the Squad Arena every day without ever spending money. But we know that's not possible. So why get upset every time we're reminded of that fact?

No one has a problem with them making money to keep the game running....NO one.

But when you have a Game mode like GA that locks you in a bracket with 7 malaks or Revans or Trayas or any of the god teams and you have none of those teams.... it's a waste of a week.

See Arena was where the whales could beat up on the nobodies... but now there are too many whales all whaling for that top spot...so they all complain how bad arena is with mirrors blah blah.

So literally it seems like the GA matchmaking included a clause where 25-50% of each group of 8 must include people who have no chance to win a match ZERO.... This allows the whales to get the satisfaction of embarassing someone.... Let's them know their investments and future investments are worth it.... is what it is
  • Options
    thats a **** event

i put houndreds of dollars for JKR, y put a dollars for DR, and yet is impossible to me to get Malak. Couple of years like pay user, and you add a new wall, a ridiculous

im in argentina and a devaluated money is day by day more far from the us dollar, i cant afford this

the gear wall is ****, and penalize the good playing and strategy, you only ask for money

shame on you guys, this is a way to ruin a good game
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Those of you saying this is a new and exciting way to release a toon must be smoking something. It's two legendary events stapled together and it doesn't even give you a 7* toon.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    G20 wrote: »
    Lol. My comment needs to be approved. Did i hit a nerve

Sorry, that's a common bug--you're not actually important enough to hit nerves. If you edit a post too quickly after posting it, the forum thinks you're spamming and puts a hold on the entire post.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    All I care about is when he'll return. I would assume it's going to be when D Revan returns so still got 3 months to get everyone ready. It might also be a monthly thing, but I kind of doubt that.
  • Options
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Oh well. Don’t have any of the characters.

Whales only; dolphins / ftp need not apply.

JKR has been around 2x now so FTP should not have any issues with those characters. DR was ftp friendly. Quite honestly there is really no excuse for a FTP not to HAVE these characters 7*.

Now gearing all of them to 17.5k power.... you can make a whale/dolphin argument there....
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »

I promise this is relevant, but let's talk about NBA referees for a second and it might explain what's going on right now. If you ask most basketball fans, the refs are garbage trash babies that can't make a correct call if their life depended on it and they're destroying the sport. But if you look at the data, refs are more accurate now than they've ever been and there's more oversight now than ever--if a ref doesn't see enough of something to make a definite call, they can ask a booth with over 60 camera angles to get a complete picture and get it right. The NBA will even put out a list of missed or wrong calls for people to see.

But the crazy thing about oversight is that instead of people looking at a list of 3 missed calls and thinking "Man, they did an entire game and only got three things wrong?" They think "THEY GOT THREE THINGS WRONG! WE'D HAVE WON IF THEY GOT IT RIGHT!" So, basically, fans SAY they want transparency and accountability, but what they really want is robot refs and that's just not possible.

Likewise in Galaxy of Heroes. People say they want to know what the devs are thinking and planning, but they're never happy to hear it. They say they want things harder, but what they mean is "I want something that I'll definitely for sure beat, but I want to briefly think that I'm not going to win." They want new characters, but they want to have that character immediately on release.

I'm not mad about Malak. I don't even have either Revan yet (working on them! It's a long farm if you're not spending crystals, though.) but I'm not mad. The only people who are going to get him are already above me in arena, and I truly do not care about arena in the first place. There's so much more to this game than conferring with a discord channel to figure out who gets #1 that day. I may be ranked 150 right now (or wherever I am) but it's a rank that I've earned and I'm happy with it. There might be some Malaks on my leaderboard, but they're already ahead of me so what does it matter?

Eh, sure, I only get 100 crystals a day or whatever. But so what? If I get hit by a bus on the way to work today no one is going to say "What a tragedy, he was so close to breaking the top 10 in arena...." This is a game. Re-read Carrie's first paragraph under Character Cadence Update in the Road Ahead post, she straight up flat out says it:
    CG_Carrie wrote:
    Another topic that we know is near and dear to everyone is the Character Release Cadence. At its core, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is a game about collecting characters and how and when they are released is always a topic of much conversation. However, as the game evolves, so must the way in which we release characters.

It's about collecting. This is pokemon.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.