Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Oh stop all the doom and gloom. The games fine. We’ll get some new Insanely tough PvE content in the near future and life will be good again.

What content is that?

New characters, obviously. Is there any other kind of content??
  • Options
    Cehmybro wrote: »
    I love this game; however, I have seen a drop off among players lately. I wonder if the revenue is starting to slow down for CG and thus, the cash grab with this event. I'm what most would consider a dolphin. I spend money occasionally (spent money recently to get Darth Revan) to support the devs, and keep the game I love going. If this event took place NEXT Friday instead of this one I would probably pay to gear up the necessary toons. However, I refuse to reward this predatory tactic with my business. It's hard to stomach.
    Exactly, they could have done it even in two weeks & made just as much money.

Right now - you either have it already, or are a total whale (who would already have it) - I can't see them making much money off this.

What it does do however, is exclude all moderate spenders as you simply can't gear up that many characters that quickly in the stupidly short time given.

Now, if it was said to start in 10 days odd, and run for 7 days. Then a number may be able to get close enough to justify dropping a few $$$ to get him.
  • Options
    From now I´ll stop investing 10 - 25 Dollars per month, because it makes no sense.
    Also I won´t recommend the game to friends, because they will never catch up.
  • Options
    Roon wrote: »
    This is utter ****. 17.5k power to even enter? I have a g11 (4/6 pieces) juhani, no zeta, and she's only 16860 power. Does that mean zetas on everyone is mandatory? This is ridiculous.

No zetas needed. Just base G12, all omegas, and 6 star mods.

Not even g12. G11 plus whatever 4-5 pieces of gear are the easiest to farm. No 6• mods necessary.

djy8ey8yhzhy.png

Or G11 with one zeta, which already gets you close to 20k.

wru0mpqrwh9s.png

Yeah, so the actual problem here are the abilities that they possess. Cad Bane has his bounty hunter unique and Jolee has 5 abilities. Everytime you upgrade one of these the power goes up. So, if you have a character like Canderous or Zaalbar that only have 3 abilities you'll have to gear them further to make up the difference or put the zeta on at g11.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Just lost 4 guildmates this week alone because of all this revanue mess... And 2 of them were whales

Ofcause they are thinking:
    Star wars celebration=$$$$$

If my guild is gonna quit I might quit too.
    Its the only good thing left. The guild.

Thanks a lot devs... NOT.

• Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Options
    So if I complete both battles I will have Malak only on 5*. Or is one battle for 5* and second 7*?
  • Options
    Mikek wrote: »
    So if I complete both battles I will have Malak only on 5*. Or is one battle for 5* and second 7*?
    You have him at 5 star.

You can then farm him for six months in TB to get him to 7 star.
  • Options
    This is a major rip off. Now you debs dictate not even star level, but power level and you need to gear up a faction you dislike just to get a char you like. This is garbage and really makes me consider to just quit the game. And yes I am certainly a paying customer who simply thinks this goes over the top.

You should have done Malak as a fricken raid or something with longer farms and not this panic ****...i just used all credits and skill mats for the sith empire faction...even if i would want to spend money skill mats hinder me...this is a huge drop down for me and i feel instantly no wish to continue at all.
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I think it's great that it's a hard unlock with minimum power requirements. Avoids all this "minimal gearing" rubbish. I should be ready for it - do need to gear a couple of characters to g12 - but only 1 piece away on both.

So much better than Marquee event. I think this focuses on you gearing characters which is kinda the point of the game - what's the point in being able to unlock amazing characters with under geared or under modded characters? Seems a waste to me.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    What? You can gradually build your characters at whatever speed you want, and it never has to involve cash.

Derail. Instead just admit I'm right. Goodbye.

I don’t think he understands that there is zero pve content in this game nowadays that hasn’t been in farming mode for ages.

The only gains come from pvp content, and those require meta characters.
  • Options
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    I think it's great that it's a hard unlock with minimum power requirements. Avoids all this "minimal gearing" rubbish. I should be ready for it - do need to gear a couple of characters to g12 - but only 1 piece away on both.

So much better than Marquee event.
    Of course you like it, you got lucky & picked the correct thing to focus on. It was a choice between sith empire & OR characters - a coin flip.

Many people like myself have invested in getting DR, Badstila & HK to G12 in the last couple of weeks & have used up our stores working on the rest of the sith empire (seems the most logical players to use).

Why on earth would Darth Revan use Juhani to unlock Malak when in that player choice route she's already dead?.
  • Options
    After the new gear bits added to D.Revan (adding a new gear paywall), this was the straw that broke the camels back.

This is the motivation I've needed to go 100% F2P & no longer care about high end competitive progress within the game.

17500 fixed requirement for an event is so unbelievably toxic it's unreal, it's adding YET another layer of paywall onto events - on-top of the fact we all know Malak is going to need about 5+ of those new items with the poor drop rates.

But not only that, we have the 2 day notification & running for less than a week.

This is by far the worst move of CG since I started playing last year, I can't spent a single dollar more for this game as I simply shudder at the thought of what changes are coming in the future.

Coming soon in SWGOH

- Ability materials paywall (IOTA ability materials - 500 crystals each - 25 required)
    - L70 with new training droids required to level past 65 - 50 crystals each - 100 required per level)
    - G13 here! - all parts behind a paywall AKIN to the new D.Revan gear - but wait, all new items require L70 to equip!

I suggest as a community we start downvoting SWGOH in the playstore, lets see if we can get it to 1 star rating.

done! puted 1 star and comment why i did that
  • Options

Of course you like it, you got lucky & picked the correct thing to focus on. It was a choice between sith empire & OR characters - a coin flip.

Many people like myself have invested in getting DR, Badstila & HK to G12 in the last couple of weeks & have used up our stores working on the rest of the sith empire (seems the most logical players to use).

Why on earth would Darth Revan use Juhani to unlock Malak when in that player choice route she's already dead?.

Love this thought. I can take it a step further and say "if Revan beats Malak then why is Malak harder to unlock?"
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Cernu wrote: »
    From now I´ll stop investing 10 - 25 Dollars per month, because it makes no sense.
    Also I won´t recommend the game to friends, because they will never catch up.
    The game is instanced. You're in a fleet and arena shard based on when you unlocked either. You're matched in TW and GA based on power. There is no catching up to do.

This is a collection game. There's more stuff to collect. That said, new content comes out more slowly than the ability to farm it, so your farm list will shrink over time.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

I get your frustration. I really do - I've been behind the meta so many times over the past 3.5 years (and I still have rubbish mods :( ), but i hedged my bets and it paid off. However the principle of having a decently geared set of characters appeals greatly to me as it means that it's not a marquee event that you either have to spend a stash of saved crystals (I'm lucky I get 1 in both arenas and so can save quite a bit), or spend real money (which I've never really done more than the £9.99 packs here and there in the past). I just think this is a more competitive way of unlocking characters.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    KKatarn wrote: »
    It was very obvious this was going to happen when hints about Darth Malak started appearing. Some people here just love to whine about anything.

I hope you realize that sith assassin, marauder and trooper are all from the same era as Darth Malak? Would have made more sense to include any (or all) of them, but hey, there’s not money to be made with characters that have been in the game for a longer time.

I’m not sure what hints you are referring to, either.
    As always, either pay to get them ready or "f2p" and farm until the next time the event comes back. I will be farming my Carth team to get them geared up. No worries for me. :)

Except that there’s no money to be gained here. Those who missed Darth Revan will have zero incentive to pay anything now OR the next time he comes back. And as we know the requirements for Darth Malak, people will be gearing up those characters also in preparation.
  • Options
    Developer Scum running another money scam
  • Options
    Vicarious wrote: »
    I am more then happy with the requirements. Darth Revan was way to easy to obtain and CG gave players ample amount of time to farm all the characters that were needed.

Only thing I don’t like about all this is Malek unlocking only at 5*. Think that’s really lame that we have to finish him off using Guild Event Currency. Especially when Master Kenobi will be added to the same store sooner then later.

Bring on Malek!!

Agreed, that's the only sting in the tail. Guild currency hoarders are the real winners in this, the rest of us have a potentially long wait for infrequent TBs to roll around, which is a little frustrating as there is nothing the player can do to accelerate the process.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I don't have DR, I don't have JKR, and now I won't have Malak.

Fun times ahead ;)

rip Zfinn, rip finally a good arena after JKR ruined the game. Still waiting on ships to be changed from the Falcon ruining that.
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Still waiting on ships to be changed from the Falcon ruining that.

My guess is that malak will get a ship soon that will completely dominate the ship meta. Of course, no malak, no ship. Just to give whales another edge.

Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Options
    I’m happy because i only have light side Revan and i wont participate on this
    Stupid idea
  • Options
    *sniff sniff* paywall intensifies XDDDDD
  • Options
    Wonder how much more before non whales quit this game and whales get bored playing with themselves.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Hahaha guys come on. You're a bit late with the April fools. Good one tho - 17,500 min power required. Man that cracked me up. :D
  • Dragast
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Meanwhile where the hell is Millennium Falcon ????
  • Options
    ENERGYSS wrote: »
    My hope is Thrawn to save me or something else.

One can only hope ... or else I fear we'll be in for a new 6 month extremely stale meta with DR+Malak ... :neutral:
  • Options
    I'll just say, **** off cg. Money grabbing ****. I'm not buying. You've lost my money.
  • Options
    AlexRevan wrote: »
    This event, to call it in some way, is a tease. All those who laugh here in favor of EA and you assure that you are total F2P lie. Only paying players can afford to have almost all the ORs at level 12.

Not true. Just sayin'

0xpws4yn5uqr.png

I sure hope that not T3 & Juhani will be the integral parts of each team.
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Actually, g11+5 with 5 stars gold mods gets you to 17500 on all toons except maybe Zaalbar. My non g12 T3 is at 17323 with two purple mods, one blue mod and 3 gold mods. Zaalbar is at 16950 with purple mods and g11+5. He may need some help...

No, g11 plus mods doesn’t get you to 17k

Throw the zetas on them and they’ll be over 17k.