Change to anakin!

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Warrior just mentioned it in his live stream where he showed a screen shot of CG Carrie saying to not expect it to last and that they are working on some wording in anakin's kit.

The post was that they are “working on some messaging right now about JKA (and the Siths)”, not that they are working on wording in his kit. I interpreted that to mean they are going to post something about their intentions/reasoning.

Has anyone found the actual post instead of just a screenshot? I have found nothing and it's looking like a fake at this point.

Oh sorry, I just found the YouTube video, not the dev post.
  • Options
    All they have to do is change his unique to: "Whenever another Galactic Republic ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage." He'd still have his synergy with GK, Ashoka, GMY, etc.
  • Gannon
    1634 posts Member
    Options
    All they have to do is change his unique to: "Whenever another Galactic Republic ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage." He'd still have his synergy with GK, Ashoka, GMY, etc.

I hope about they leave ani alone. I use him in a nightsister crew most of the time
  • Options
    Okay class what have you learned? DO NOT JUMP IN BLINDLY AND WORK ON NEW OR REWORKED HEROES. Let the dust settle, let P2Winners do the open alpha testing. Maybe if they get burned enough the powers that be will listen. Otherwise, you've no room to complain.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I have an idea CG!!!!

Whenever you release a meta intended for whales, give it a unique called "unbeatable"
    It states, cannot lose to any toon unless playing mirror with better mods. This unique will expire once new meta released.
  • Options
    Okay class what have you learned? DO NOT JUMP IN BLINDLY AND WORK ON NEW OR REWORKED HEROES. Let the dust settle, let P2Winners do the open alpha testing. Maybe if they get burned enough the powers that be will listen. Otherwise, you've no room to complain.

I disagree. If a company announces a product, releases that product, and people purchase the product, and thereafter the company changes the product, the fault isn't with the purchasers but the company. If after you purchased a phone that was advertised as having bluetooth compatibility, and it had that feature when you purchased it, would you be upset if the phone company subsequently took that feature away?

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    I think they need to change it to galactic republic hero falls below 50% health, or maybe when GK or ashoka does. Also reduce it to 70% bonus damage
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »

I disagree. If a company announces a product, releases that product, and people purchase the product, and thereafter the company changes the product, the fault isn't with the purchasers but the company. If after you purchased a phone that was advertised as having bluetooth compatibility, and it had that feature when you purchased it, would you be upset if the phone company subsequently took that feature away?

I think DSF is not saying how it should be, but how it is.

Fool me once, twice, all that jazz.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Great advice. I held off as soon as this rework was released for that reason.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

In a perfect world, you are correct. Here, they prove the phrase "Let the buyer beware" daily.

ca·ve·at emp·tor

[ˌkavēˌät ˈem(p)ˌtôr]

NOUN
    the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I think DSF is not saying how it should be, but how it is.

Fool me once, twice, all that jazz.

And so the student, surpasses the master.
  • Options
    If they’re going to nerf do it now. It will cut down on the amount of community outrage.
  • Options
    Dude there's a nerf like every ten minutes nowadays.
  • Options
    The Kotor blues
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the problem is not the Sith or Anakin. Its Revan. They just need to bite the bullet and nerf him, or limit his lead to only OR toons.

Just a guess.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    If they’re going to nerf do it now. It will cut down on the amount of community outrage.

The change with respect to Palpatine was about as fast as could ever be hoped for and that didn’t cut down on the outrage.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    I'm guessing the problem is not the Sith or Anakin. Its Revan. They just need to bite the bullet and nerf him, or limit his lead to only OR toons.

Just a guess.

Yes, yes and yes! Allows Jolee and bastila to boost him (as they should) but keeps Yoda, GK, JKA and HYoda from doing so. Sure you can still run JKR with them but the results will be less stellar.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options

Just a guess.

JKR has always been the issue... but he's also their single most profitable character.

Maybe Jedi leaders as a whole should be limited to their 'eras' - Old Republic, Gal. Rep, Rebellion Era, New Rep.
  • Options
    They have reworked Ankins kit. The final text says "if you attack Darth Revan and Darth Malak with Anikan then your phone will explode" 😀
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Grimstoned wrote: »

The change with respect to Palpatine was about as fast as could ever be hoped for and that didn’t cut down on the outrage.

I think the only thing that would cut down the outrage would be an (internet) outage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

Just a guess.
    Revan being an issue and a huge power leap was something everyone pointed out the day his kit was released. He just counters everything in the game. He will always be looming. He will always be a scissor to whatever paper you create for the current meta rock

People suffered 3 months of arena meta and it’s not a good look to nerf a toon after everyone else has access to it. Personally, I think JKR needs a complete rework that makes him weaker but more in line with the character. Darth Revan not being absurdly OP is a good step that they should repeat
  • Options

That's fine by me.
  • Options
    If they do this then thts messed up. Malek is the meta. malek teams beat jkr teams in less than 1min. Is any team supposed to hold 100% of the time on def,no!!! No team is meant to hold 100% of time. Thts wht makes arena fun. So wht,now every time a new vid drops of a char tht can hang with malek will cg immediately nerf tht char? Sure seems like thts wht they will do for now on. Leave things alone an move on to next new chars an stop messing with things thts not broken. Big whoop anikan can 79k dmg. Hk47 does 200k so maybe u should nerf him
  • Options
    wouldn't let the buyer beware apply to malak too... Or is it only buyer beware when it helps you lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    If they nerf Anakin too, all that does is suggest that the post from 4/10 about "variety" and "balance" was simply a lie to placate the masses.

So, yeah, it wouldn't shock me, given the history of this "leadership" team.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If they nerf Anakin too, all that does is suggest that the post from 4/10 about "variety" and "balance" was simply a lie to placate the masses.

I wouldn’t call it a lie. I trust they are working towards that. But it’s not just any variety. They want a very specific variety, almost certainly involving some brand new characters that we will need to invest in. It’s seeming like this plan is very important for them and they can’t let other teams get in the way...
  • Options
    Please don't nerf Anakin, CG. His new relevance is widely welcomed and appreciated. He's arguably the most important character in Star Wars, he NEEDS to be powerful.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I wouldn’t call it a lie. I trust they are working towards that. But it’s not just any variety. They want a very specific variety, almost certainly involving some brand new characters that we will need to invest in. It’s seeming like this plan is very important for them and they can’t let other teams get in the way...

Oh, okay - then technically it's not a lie....they're just playing the game for us. :D

If they I going to prescribe play and manipulate the meta directly like that, there will be many people leaving this game than there are now - and it will be whales, dolphins and f2p alike.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    I think people are missing the point. NO character should have an aoe that does 100k+. That wipes out pretty much every non-tank in one shot just about. How the heck is that good for the game??
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I think people are missing the point. NO character should have an aoe that does 100k+. That wipes out pretty much every non-tank in one shot just about. How the heck is that good for the game??

He only does that to DR teams because of ferocity. If you're going to make a point, at least base it on facts please.

This discussion has been closed.