Change to anakin!

Replies

• Options
    Look people. There are some things worth getting upset over and some things not.

Yes. Ea is a predatory company. Yes this is a ptw game. Yes. CG has exceptionally poor quality control. Yes. The various community managers have frequently been outright dishonest. Yes the game had frequently used deceptive practices.

All these things have been readily apparent for the past 3 plus years and are valid to complain about. (But you also accept them all by continuing to play.)

All that said, it should also be just as obvious that Anakin would need to be tuned.
    His rework is very nice, and a GR squad can now compete on offense with the best of teams. The problem however, is that his rework allows him to be slotted with the previous meta team (JKR) and actually makes that squad the best on defense again. This is going backwards from every trend we have ever seen in the game. It’s an obvious mistake. It’s well established we move from one meta to another. Not forward and then back. Complaining about something that obviously needs fixed is dumb.

I fully expect his unique to be changed to only trigger the extra damage if the ally in question is Galactic Republic. This would keep him incredible in that squad and limit his usefulness with JKR and others.

Yes but what about the next Jedi touch up? Jedi Luke? Any future Jedi?

Leave ani’s kit
    Make Visas an OR Jedi
    And have JKR work with OR Jedi faction.
  • Options
    Free cannot be allowed to scratch pay wall toons, much less actually compete. This will be changed as fast as they possibly can. Was fun having a good toon for a day or two though.

#nerf all free toons.
    Roflmao. We are so dumb to still play this game.
  • Options
    I can't find a moderator post, dev post, etc. that hints at a JKA nerf. Can someone please provide a link?

It was the new post in dev announcements
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Look people. There are some things worth getting upset over and some things not.

Yes. Ea is a predatory company. Yes this is a ptw game. Yes. CG has exceptionally poor quality control. Yes. The various community managers have frequently been outright dishonest. Yes the game had frequently used deceptive practices.

All these things have been readily apparent for the past 3 plus years and are valid to complain about. (But you also accept them all by continuing to play.)

All that said, it should also be just as obvious that Anakin would need to be tuned.
    His rework is very nice, and a GR squad can now compete on offense with the best of teams. The problem however, is that his rework allows him to be slotted with the previous meta team (JKR) and actually makes that squad the best on defense again. This is going backwards from every trend we have ever seen in the game. It’s an obvious mistake. It’s well established we move from one meta to another. Not forward and then back. Complaining about something that obviously needs fixed is dumb.

I fully expect his unique to be changed to only trigger the extra damage if the ally in question is Galactic Republic. This would keep him incredible in that squad and limit his usefulness with JKR and others.

Yes but what about the next Jedi touch up? Jedi Luke? Any future Jedi?

Leave ani’s kit
    Make Visas an OR Jedi

Jedi Luke will be the one getting the malak treatment then. Wouldn't worry.

Future jedi will be treated on a case by case basis...big new whale release always getting priority.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    That would be a major mistake, another one we’d agree. The LS Darth Malak event shows well how this would cripple JKR, while DR with BSF and HK47 has the damage output, JKR with a OR only synergy just doesn’t. That would kill a character people put a lot of effort to get and gear up.

Now, I’m really not pleased at all by the eventual Anakin nerf. First Palpatine, now Anakin, two iconic characters are nerfed in favor of a nobody toon. I really hate that. Please CG, have a little respect for the Starwars license.
    Post edited by Globuhl on
  • Options
    TheEvo wrote: »
    Because he deals up to 100k AOE damage and over 70k on his basic. If that is not broken then I don't know what is.

Except he doesn't hit for 100K on his AoE or 70K on his basic. More like 50K and 40K. He only hits those numbers when an enemy has like -150% defense. Like, you know, Darth Revan teams with 10 stacks of ferocity. JKA is fine. If DR teams aren't supposed to take more damage from having no defense, why have that in the stats of ferocity?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Free cannot be allowed to scratch pay wall toons, much less actually compete. This will be changed as fast as they possibly can. Was fun having a good toon for a day or two though.
    Palpatine meta.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    How does garbage on defense and sometimes able to beat a Malak team equal "outperforming" ?

Darth Revan has not been here for 25 days and Darth Malak 7 and were now 4 nerfs in. (Going to exclude Finn since they were gunning for him since the JKR meta and its unlikely he wouldve been able to beat Dre anyways.)

Bastilla ai magically gets changed because Nest was able to solo 3v3 non-Malak teams (which btw after multiple attempts appears to have no counters except for the same lineup or a mixture of the core Sith Empire)

Palp magically stopped working as intended and is a "cheesy strategy" but Dre/Malak autoing every team in the game is not cheesy at all. At least you needed half a brain to run Palp.

Sith Assassin suffers because of the previous corny nerf.

And now a nerf bomb is being dropped on Anakin because him and the overpowered Jedi that CG crafted are standing a chance against Malak.

This is pathetic and ridiculous. A meta team should be defending better, its not supposed to go completely unchallenged unless its the same team with faster speed.

I dont expect the playerbase/CG developers to be bestest friends foreverest but should people really have to be anxious while playing a mobile game because the developers can undo their own untested designs that are working as described?

People should be saying "I really regret investing in this character because their actually pretty bad or have no relevance now" not "I really regret investing in this character because CG nerfed this character into the ground."

I remember when the game would be down for an hour or two or there would be a bug in TB or a raid and CG would say "Sorry for the inconvenience here are crystals". Now CG "fixes"(nerfs) things that are working exactly as they should be because they think whales enjoy staying at the top of arena via speed based mirror matches and they never try and make good on these "fixes". There just isnt any trust anymore and CG/EA clearly doesnt care.

You are the only one I've seen so far that has common sense. Your right on point
  • Options
    TheEvo wrote: »
    Because he deals up to 100k AOE damage and over 70k on his basic. If that is not broken then I don't know what is.

Your not too smart are you?
  • Options
    Anakin's midichlorians are too much for Malak so CG is going to pull a Kenobi high ground and chop him in half. Let's hope they will not decided to bow before the $$$ and do the right thing and keep him as he is
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Anakin's midichlorians are too much for Malak so CG is going to pull a Kenobi high ground and chop him in half. Let's hope they will not decided to bow before the $$$ and do the right thing and keep him as he is

You want them to buff malak again.

Have you seen Malak in 3v3s?
  • Options
    Anakin will get nerfed or malak will get buffed thats the only outcome they have atm could leave it but that could be worse in the long run.

Incase u dont know what i ment by worse in the long run. If they dont kerp him top the loose faith in the dolphins and higher ups and the players that hoard to get the new meta toons first go around and by loosing faith they wont get the toon or soend on it which causes a loss of profit for them so can see a few things happening.
    1. They rush out with new paywall toons/marquee overload thats worse then last year.
    2. Increases the prices of all packs including crystal packs causing probably alot to stop buying them and causing more loss of profit.
    3. Lower sims to 3 to cause players to buy more crystals to farm faster
    4. Lowering drop chances for gear and shards to get number 3 to happen more.

Are few issues that can happen if they dont fix it but heres a few for if they do

1. A few to a decent of ftp quit cause they feel its unfair or whales are the only oned that matters
    2. No loss of profit cause they didnt loose faith in there investment.

So overall fixing it is there best option over leaving it.

If u expect the worse but hope for the best u will tend to find urself not upset as much. If ur a ftp that dont hoard or save up 20k+ crystals minimal you should never expect to get a new legendary, heroes journey, ancient journey or mythic battle toons the first go around. Theres been a few where you could but was not easy but the last year or 2 its been impossible so just dont expect to but try to just incase if the event gets extended like dr event did compared to jkr theres was 2 to 3 weeks longer to get ready then there was for jkr not including the 3 day delay.

Thats just my thoughts as i started off as a ftp the first 1.5 years playing the game but the last 1.5 years became a dolphin to help with gathering crystals up to get toon the first go around
  • Options
    Why not something very simple? Dial Anakin's bonus damage on his extra attack from +100% to +75%. He'll still do good damage, still get his attacks, and won't be devastating teams as much.
  • Options
    Just remove him problem solved
  • Options
    Keep him as is and just make malak closer to kotor...drain 100% of life from any jedi not named revan for 100% heal.
  • Options

Lol. I wouldn’t call that “solved”.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

Lol. I wouldn’t call that “solved”.

But he would destroy malak or be getting a nerf lol
  • Options
    Guys, he is getting nerfed. They have all but said it. It will be the top priority Monday morning. We should have a reworked rework by Wednesday or Thursday. Of course that rework will break the Sith raid because they won't bother testing it either, so we will have another rework the following week.
  • Options
    I think we all like seeing JKA back into the realm of usefulness — it’s great seeing a favorite Canon character hold his ground in arena, particularly with a new animation stance.

You could argue that he brings balance to the force by allowing a strategy (offensive, given comparable mods) to DR+M that simultaneously weakens him in mirrors, but that truly may be unacceptable given the high requirement$ of Malak.

Some optimal routes:

1. Don’t nerf him but make his ability unique to the Galactic Republic tag. We all know there’s GR content coming. We may lose out on instant gratification from gearing JKA, but knowing his firepower is still available via a GR (or GR exclusive) squad would keep us happier with the investment & potential for its ROI.

2. Give us a JKA zeta that makes sense, and again gives us hope for the future use of the character

3. Leave JKA and fix the AI targeting. He’s a super toon now, but a lot of us dig that. If Traya knows who to priority isolate, and JKR knows who to priority focus, DR/HK47 can know who to priority flukes (whale tail) so that JKAna-CANNON struggles go off.

4. Leave him be and let it burn! There may be some fallout, but at least it’d be a nod to the loyalty to fans before profits we all claim we want. As an added bonus, most of us will happily stick around and have a renewed faith in spending.

Above all, please keep fighting that good fight to dig us out of the JKR chasm that began it all — Made a kit with too many solutions within the limited game mechanics to bring other factions up to snuff quickly or peacefully. At least JKA adds some more options for competition, which I think we all want a taste of even if we can pay for an increased chance of winning. Personally I think KOTOR and legends are cool, but id like to see a canon light at the end of this tunnel; may JKA stand triumphantly or at least with some measure of dignity.
  • Options
    Kinda insane to make a team that loses alot of defense to gain alot of offense, then complain that you are taking too much damage.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options

LordGrahck wrote: »
    Why not something very simple? Dial Anakin's bonus damage on his extra attack from +100% to +75%. He'll still do good damage, still get his attacks, and won't be devastating teams as much.

No make his bonus turn come into play after characters get below 20 percent health instead of 50. Will be usable still on offence without being ****
  • Options
    Kinda insane to make a team that loses alot of defense to gain alot of offense, then complain that you are taking too much damage.

^ Yep. Exactly. Gotta give us somethin’. lol
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    The so-called rework of JKA is extremely underwhelming. He needs more of a buff.
  • Options
    Because Malak owners shall not be disturbed!
    This type of character used to give better Defensive teams but could be defeated on Offense with counters well geared and moded in the past, now it is forbiden.
    I believe is quite educative...
    Earlier we used to have Whales > Dolphins > Dedicated F2P > Others
    Now it is just Whales > Others
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Unique: Righteous Fury
    FINAL TEXT: Whenever another Galactic Republic ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage.

Easy.
This discussion has been closed.