Kit Reveal: Padme Amidala

Prev13
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited April 2019
UNIT NAME: Padme Amidala
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Leader, Support, Galactic Republic
Courageous leader who continuously helps her allies and adapts to any circumstance

ABILITIES:

Basic: Aggressive Negotiations
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy, which can't be evaded. All Galactic Republic allies gain Protection Up (10%) for 1 turn.
0welac7uwnso.gif

Special 1: Cunning Plan (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on Light Side allies, and they recover 50% Health. For each Galactic Republic ally and each debuff dispelled from themselves, Galactic Republic allies gain Protection Up (10%, stacking) for 1 turn.
3zzbpdevgmxf.gif

Special 2: Graceful Assault (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Stun them for 1 turn, which can't be copied or dispelled. Then, call all Light Side allies with Protection Up and Jedi Knight Anakin to assist.
j539q88prqwi.gif

Leader: Unwavering Courage
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Light Side allies have +50% Max Health, and while they have Protection Up they resist all debuffs and can't be critically hit.

At the start of their turn, Galactic Republic allies dispel Protection Up buffs on themselves and gain 1 stack of Courage for each 5% Protection Up dispelled this way. Courage can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

Courage: When damaging the target enemy with an attack, for each 5 stacks of Courage, dispel 5 stacks and deal bonus damage equal to 40% of the target's Max Health

Unique: Always a Choice
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Padmé is immune to Fear. Whenever a Light Side ally loses Protection Up, they recover 5% Health. Allies can't gain or lose bonus Turn Meter.

Whenever an enemy attacks out of turn against a Galactic Republic ally, that ally gains Protection Up (10%) for 1 turn, increased to 40% if Padmé is their leader. This Protection Up can't be prevented or dispelled.

SYNERGIES:
as7icikiiivv.gif

Replies

• CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Frequently Asked Questions:
    • Q: How many Protection Up buffs can I expect my Galactic Republic allies to receive when Padme uses Cunning Plan?
    • A: Galactic Republic allies will receive a Protection Up (10%, stacking) for each Galactic Republic ally and each debuff dispelled from themselves. So if Padme has a full Galactic Republic squad (5 allies including herself) and dispels 2 debuffs from herself, she will gain 7 Protection Up (10%). If her allied Jedi Knight Anakin had no debuffs in this scenario, he would receive 5 Protection Up (10%).

• Q: Will Jedi Knight Anakin assist twice when Padme uses Graceful Assault?
    • A: No, he will only assist once. The callout for Jedi Knight Anakin is to make sure he always assists regardless of whether or not he has Protection Up.

• Q: Does Padme's Leader ability stop unresistable debuffs?
    • A: No, un-resistable debuffs will still be applied

• Q: Can Padme's undispellable Protection Up from her unique be dispelled by her leader and converted into Courage?
    • A: No, "Can't be dispelled" always overrides dispel, and Courage is not generated if Protection Up is not dispelled.
    Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Ew that art of Padme at the top of this thread is really ugly
  • Why is GMY a synergy toon, when her kit inhibits his bonus TM? @CG_SBCrumb
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    CGF: There was a lot of back and forth on this one, between members and the team, and discussion with Lucas as well. While many people had different preferences, it came down to two key decisions: 1) We never show battletorn outfits in combat and, 2) as I’ve mentioned, a lot of the inspiration for her kit came from the Clone Wars series. This outfit is the one she wears both in the show and for a large part of the Battle of Geonosis. That being said, we did make a version of the torn outfit that we may use in one-off instances when it is relevant to the story.

LMAO glad to see Midriff Padme was as divisive topic in-house as it is online
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    Why is GMY a synergy toon, when her kit inhibits his bonus TM? @CG_SBCrumb

I think its because Battle Meditation gain protection up.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Um, Mirror matches with this team would be cancer.
  • yohann269 wrote: »

While Yoda won't get the extra turn meter, he uses a lot of special abilities and then calls Ahsoka to assist frequently. He also he spreads Protection Up consistently and he's a great source of damage, both of which this team needs.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Darth_Viel wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »

I think its because Battle Meditation gain protection up.

Yeah, he synergies with the prot up, but the main reason he's good is stripped away. Imagine GMY on a Revan squad that only takes one turn? Would neuter a Revan squads dps. Seems weird that her unique actually serves to make her team worse. You can't use BB8 with her since no tm gains, can't use CLS with her since no tm gains, they trying even harder now to force us to use certain squads because they absolutely hate us theory-crafting.
  • So reading GK kit with his zeta which is he gains taunt whenever galactic republic(if whole team is GR) allies loses protection up. Padme lead dispels protection up in each allies turn, so does this mean GK taunts the whole 5mins of battle?(except if he has buff immunity or dies)
  • JediRobb wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb how could a toon lose bonus turn meter if they can't gain it?
    The unique is referring to removing turn meter in general, not specifically removing bonus turn meter
  • Ikey
    48 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb these team specifics need to stop! It's starting to hurt the game. What's next? "JTR can only gain and remove TM if all allies are Resistance"? It's getting silly now.
  • Ikey
    48 posts Member
    Imagine Thrawn's TM swap only available to Empire toons.
  • Also, does the additional damage from stacks of courage only activates for multiple of 5? I mean, if you have 13stacks, you only deal 80% of enemy max health?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Does GK gain 60% TM using Retribution when he as Protection up?

I'm assuming he does since all protection up on himself is dispelled at the start of his turn but C3PO grants him protection up so not sure if those two order of operations are conflicting with each other.

Since Protection up toons cannot be critically hit, would be tough to make sure critical damage immunity will remain on Ahsoka for her unique buffs, but we'll have to see in action how this team works
  • I feel like this strong of a character shouldn’t come for another month or two. We just got DR a month ago and he’s already getting another counter.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Tell you what though, gonna make an insane TW/GA defensive squad to have her geared with her others, even though they made her gear harder then Malak so even people who unlock her will have to wait weeks/months to use her.

JKR walls already stop entire guildes, now Padme walls will do the same.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb
    does protection up prevent the fear from insanity's darth revan (and any other unresistable debuffs)? assuming she goes first, using cunning plan, does that prevent everybody from getting fear (wich "can't be resisted)?
    Post edited by Fahrius on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ikey wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb these team specifics need to stop! It's starting to hurt the game. What's next? "JTR can only gain and remove TM if all allies are Resistance"? It's getting silly now.

That’s your concern? Her unique says “Immune to Fear”, that’s what I’m concerned about. I’m fine with team synergies, but randomly unrelated toons from different eras being able to completely ignore each other’s unique buffs and debuffs? That just seems stupid and counterintuitive to any possible storytelling they have left.
  • aperingo
    173 posts Member
    Are you planning to rework her Face? As with Bastila? :P
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Ikey wrote: »

You are getting way ahead of yourself with that statement.

That's next Friday's announcement.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    What takes priority, "resists all debuffs" or "can't be resisted"?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    The next toon after Padme probably starts off with damage immunity and debuff immunity for two turns which can't be copied or dispelled and renews automatically when an ally or enemy drops below 100% health, gets a buff or debuff or the day ends in a 'y'. Count our blessings now...
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    What takes priority, "resists all debuffs" or "can't be resisted"?
    Can't be resisted > resist

You cannot resist Darth Revan's irresistable fear, but you can resist Bastila Shan (Fallen) 's Fear
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    What the whole "cant gain or lose bonus turn meter" thing? I'm sure there is a purpose but its not clear to me.

I guess is the use of the word "bonus" there?

Reminds of the scene on Raising Arizona.

dcr1fw4f2x17.gif
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Seems like she'd actually be better without her unique, that keeps Kenobi and Yoda from gaining the turn meter that's part of their kits.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Qui Gonn is another GR Jedi who has turn meter in his kit. Plo Koon as well. Yoda has a zeta that's purpose is to give him lots of turn meter on his buff spread special. All these useless if Padme is on the team. I don't get it. Just seems like she'd be soooo much better if her unique didn't exist. Or at least more versatile.
  • Teague wrote: »
    Seems like she'd actually be better without her unique, that keeps Kenobi and Yoda from gaining the turn meter that's part of their kits.

are you suggesting trying not to level her unique?
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I want me some ladle!
    LOL android editor. Pad me'
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Teague wrote: »

are you suggesting trying not to level her unique?

I think it's part of the unique from level 1.