Darth Revan returns next week

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5033 posts Member
    Options
    Fixer wrote: »
    What is GET?

Guild Event Tokens (from territory wars/battles etc).
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Guild Event Tokens.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Oh right... thanks Chris
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Too slow again!
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    KKatarn wrote: »
    This time i am ready for him. Everyone is above 17500 and mostly have zetas.

You need above 17500 GP for Malak, not Darth Revan.

I know, but it doesnt hurt to be prepared.
  • Shanad
    5 posts Member
    Options

thats weird as I am F2P to but I am ready and have them at gear 12 for ZCarth and Canderous and the rest on gear 11 plus. Also have been saving my gear for a month to up DR. Its all a matter of focus only on them and nothing else.

hope you still can make it as 96 for carth in 17 days is alot

I have all geared and zetaed and I focused *only* on them. That’s why is so frustrating. Drop rate is ridicolous. Usually get 1 shard for 10 battles....or 0 shards some days.

• Paulos999
    315 posts Member
    Options
    That is a fan site and isn’t normally accurate at all, it once said CLS was coming on December 5th and we all know how that went.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Chima wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Sorry, I think I'm missing something here, there's no Darth Revan in June's calendar.
    What can I assume based on this information?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205008/event-calendar-june/p1?new=1

Nothing since the second appearance of these events don’t go on the calendar in advance.

So, everyone is "OK" about this dishonesty to make more money with panic farms?
    Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for the event, but I thought it was a game to "plan and manage the resources" as they (CG) usually say. There's any reason to don't add the "second appearance" in the calendar, besides the obvious $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ reason?

I'm really curious because when I said the game has no information IN-GAME, they said the advanced player must come to the forum find the information. Now, assuming the official calendar isn't accurate, I'm a little lost.

It's not dishonest. It's part of the release schedules. You can read more here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018

Oh, sorry didn't see this post from March 2018, since I'm playing since June 2018. Looks dishonesty anyways, it's pretty clear the reason is just to make money by the panic farm, since the third time the event shows up, it will not be relevant anyway.

But the lesson learned is... are you new? You'll not find the information in the game, please make sure you'll read all the dev announcement since the game has been launched. :)

Its not dishonest to make money in most ways, just so you know.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    That is a fan site and isn’t normally accurate at all, it once said CLS was coming on December 5th and we all know how that went.

That was true once upon a time. After a bunch of backlash, they started only reporting verified dates and haven't been wrong in quite a while AFAIK. No different than Heist Hero. This is probably datamined.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    I should definitely be getting him this time around. My Juhani is only G8, but hey thats what moving mods is for. If Malak comes right after, I don't have a hope in Hoth of getting him.
  • Options
    I got 63 left for Carth, thinking I'm good but I honestly dont know, all my other characters are less than 25 off or done so itd be a bummer to sit out
  • Zvezda
    66 posts Member
    Options
    By the way, the time-frame makes sense. Darth Revan's release was pushed back a couple of weeks, so 13th will be about 3 months sine he was supposed to be released. Guess this is just catching up to their original schedule.

Exactly. Also a lot of peeps did not thout this thru
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Sorry, I think I'm missing something here, there's no Darth Revan in June's calendar.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205008/event-calendar-june/p1?new=1

Nothing since the second appearance of these events don’t go on the calendar in advance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for the event, but I thought it was a game to "plan and manage the resources" as they (CG) usually say. There's any reason to don't add the "second appearance" in the calendar, besides the obvious $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ reason?

I'm really curious because when I said the game has no information IN-GAME, they said the advanced player must come to the forum find the information. Now, assuming the official calendar isn't accurate, I'm a little lost.

It's not dishonest. It's part of the release schedules. You can read more here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018

Oh, sorry didn't see this post from March 2018, since I'm playing since June 2018. Looks dishonesty anyways, it's pretty clear the reason is just to make money by the panic farm, since the third time the event shows up, it will not be relevant anyway.

But the lesson learned is... are you new? You'll not find the information in the game, please make sure you'll read all the dev announcement since the game has been launched. :)

Its not dishonest to make money in most ways, just so you know.

Yes, I got it!
    It's the same in the church, if you have believers and they think it's good, it's fine. There's no "wrong" if the people think it's right.
    Can I get an amen in here?
  • Paulos999
    315 posts Member
    Options

That was true once upon a time. After a bunch of backlash, they started only reporting verified dates and haven't been wrong in quite a while AFAIK. No different than Heist Hero. This is probably datamined.

It’s not been wrong in a while as everything is predictable now, it got JKR and CLS wrong, it doesn’t bother me either way I already have them both.

Just warning people not to get their hopes up.
  • frozenstein
    32 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Well, I'm not going to have him this time, missing 39 shards on Juhani, 77 shards on Carth (the drop is miserable, I get one shard per day if I'm lucky...) Bastilla Fallen is really behind, sitting at 5 stars with 36 shards away from 6*. Sad times...I was refreshing like crazy and the drop rate is really bad, maybe I'm just not lucky I guess, oh well...
  • jfears2
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone claiming to have been node farming and using refreshes since he was last announced and still not ready have got to be stretching their truth. I'm completely F2P (have never spent a dime) and I have the DR squad ready and all G12 (except Carth G11) and all over the 17,500 power requirement for Malak. In addition to that I have the JKR squad all over the 17,500 power requirement. I've had all this done for probably 2 weeks now, maybe more, I don't remember when I finished Big Z who was my last to get over 17,500.

I pounced on the DR squad as soon as they became farmable because I figured (like most everyone) that they were going to be needed. Did I get some good drop rates, maybe, but most case tests have shown it evens out of a total farm to about 30~33%. I remember some good days and some bad days.

I'm just saying that if I can do it entirely F2P and have all of them over the 17,500 power limit 2 weeks ago (I guess it will be about 3 weeks by the time he drops next) then anyone can do it. My only issue is going to be getting DR to the 17,500 power limit if Malak comes soon on his heels. That will be my problem but I've saved up about 3,000 crystals in the past few weeks or so so maybe that will help me, fingers crossed.

5j2akf2kczbh.jpg
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • EdSolo
    415 posts Member
    Options
    This is all just rumor at this point. While it could turn out to be correct since there is an open slot in the schedule for that week, it could just as easily show up at the end of the month since there is an open slot in the schedule there as well. The end of the month fits better with the three month return window. It really comes down to how many refreshes people have been using. Once I finished Fallen Bastila (zero node refreshes), I started doing a daily refresh on Juhani until she was finished, then switch to a daily refresh on Carth. I have him at 84/100, so I should be fine. I have everyone minus Carth at 17,500, and he will be there with the 7*, so I'm set for both DR and Darth Malak, assuming I get DR to 17,500. My biggest concern is wasting any gear on Juhani. I have some gear saved for DR, but my Juhani is g8 +5. I really don't want to waste a stun gun on her to get her to g9.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

It’s not been wrong in a while as everything is predictable now, it got JKR and CLS wrong, it doesn’t bother me either way I already have them both.

Just warning people not to get their hopes up.

This wasn't predictable, so come back and admit if you are wrong.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options

It's ok, because Ancient Journeys aren't covered in the Release Cadence. But either way, it's not dishonest. They don't tell us more than a week-ish in advance of events coming out, and that's fine. The only reason we "know" it's next week is because someone data-mined it. It could still change, though it usually doesn't.
  • Options
    Shanad wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    That was fast, at least two weeks earlier than expected.

Yep. Combined with the drop from 8 to 5 attempts on nodes, it just seems like a not-so-subtle attempt to bleed people of their crystal reserves, or force f2p who don't finish at the top of their respective arenas to cough up some money for crystals.

I'll get him, but I know a lot of people who are gong to miss out - by about two weeks worth of shards.

I’m not lying. I’m a ftp who spent all the refreshes attempts from day 1 they officially stated which characters are needed for DR. This drop from 8 to 5 attempt plus the earlier re-release means I have no chance to get him. I’m 45/100 for juhani and 4/100 for Carth -_-‘
    I’m sorry for my guild, everyone is sacrificing others useful pg farming for TW and BT because of DR...and then we get this punch in the face.

I got DR first time around without spending any $. Started farming all the OR toons the moment they were farmable.
  • Options
    I'm ready for Darth Revan. And with my saved gear and zetas... presumably Malak as well if I can level Darth Revan high enough with what I've got.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    That was fast, at least two weeks earlier than expected.

Yep. Combined with the drop from 8 to 5 attempts on nodes, it just seems like a not-so-subtle attempt to bleed people of their crystal reserves, or force f2p who don't finish at the top of their respective arenas to cough up some money for crystals.

I'll get him, but I know a lot of people who are gong to miss out - by about two weeks worth of shards.

I’m not lying. I’m a ftp who spent all the refreshes attempts from day 1 they officially stated which characters are needed for DR. This drop from 8 to 5 attempt plus the earlier re-release means I have no chance to get him. I’m 45/100 for juhani and 4/100 for Carth -_-‘
    I’m sorry for my guild, everyone is sacrificing others useful pg farming for TW and BT because of DR...and then we get this punch in the face.

I got DR first time around without spending any $. Started farming all the OR toons the moment they were farmable.

Exactly this. The first go round I'm sure some people weren't ready, but many predicted that you would need the OR toons. This go round is different. People knew exactly what to farm if there was any doubt before.

After the first event I'm sure most people realized there was a strong possibility that DR would return in June or July. I prioritized other farms and plan to get him on his 3rd appearance. People who aren't ready or almost ready most likely side farmed for DR or didn't farm at all.

I can understand people complaining that Hard Node farms make it a pain to get the DR team ready (Caaaaaaarth!), but people complaining that the DR event is (unconfirmed but most likely) coming back right around the time most people expected him to? That's on you. If you knew for a fact you wanted to be ready for DR you should have focus farmed the toons. With just under 3 months you had enough time. Maybe not for the 100% F2P but that still goes back to the Hard Node issue, not the release schedule.
  • AIWA
    43 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    It´s OK for me
    I am ready for Darth Revan

fcg9kyt7ml2l.png
    Gibst du jemandem die möglichkeit zu fliegen, dann musst du **** rechnen das er fliegt!
  • Options
    AIWA wrote: »
    It´s OK for me
    I am ready for Darth Revan

fcg9kyt7ml2l.png

Yeah, I'd agree with that!
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Options
    The fact that I have a ton of gear waiting, AND I took the time to get all my OR people to 17500 or higher....maybe getting Malak after this won't be so bad?
  • Haidon
    35 posts Member
    Options
    I've had some poor drop luck, and I'm still looking like I'll be close - 28 Carth, 43 Juhani, 38 Nasty Basty. I also have been using all my other currencies to build up the gear for DR, so IF I manage to get him, I should have enough squirreled away to get a shot at Malak. It's all about shard RNG over the next 15 days.

The first week, I got 2 Nasty Basty shards, total. That was with one refresh on her node every day. That happens again, I'm going to have a bad couple of weeks.
  • Shanad
    5 posts Member
    Options
    jfears2 wrote: »
    Everyone claiming to have been node farming and using refreshes since he was last announced and still not ready have got to be stretching their truth.

Lol...this forum sucks. Im completely f2p yea and no...I’m not lying. I’m not ready and I never missed my daily 3 hard nodes refreshes + 2 fleet refreshes. Still...drop rate is a suicide. Everyday getting only 1-2 shards...yea congratz for your luck. But this is not a matter of truth/lie or inefficient farming...it’s only a matter of bad drop rate + and earlier 2nd release of the hero.
    At least I’m not the only one getting ****, maybe the Force is trying to say smtg...like “disinstall this ****.”

• TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    drop rate is a suicide.

theyre-playing-our-song-song-playing-teenage-suicide-dont-do-32014617.png
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I figured last week of June at the earliest. Annoying. Now I'll need to fast track Juhani in the face of a separatist TB. Thanks cg.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    jfears2 wrote: »
    Everyone claiming to have been node farming and using refreshes since he was last announced and still not ready have got to be stretching their truth.

Lol...this forum sucks. Im completely f2p yea and no...I’m not lying. I’m not ready and I never missed my daily 3 hard nodes refreshes + 2 fleet refreshes. Still...drop rate is a suicide. Everyday getting only 1-2 shards...yea congratz for your luck. But this is not a matter of truth/lie or inefficient farming...it’s only a matter of bad drop rate + and earlier 2nd release of the hero.
    At least I’m not the only one getting ****, maybe the Force is trying to say smtg...like “disinstall this ****.”

I’m sure you aren’t lying.

But not all free to play are created equal as well.
    I got DR 1st go around and haven’t spent a penny. But missed in Malak because I was gear on Big z because of that stupid g12 assassin they wouldn’t refund until useless.
    There are free to play whales that get top rank in both arenas daily that will be more than ready for Malak or have him already but sone don’t rank so high and have a harder time farming.

It happens.