TB: both or choose

Replies

• DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    They will run simultaneously but the guild's officers will choose which one your guild will participate in. You can't do both Geo TB and Hoth TB at the same time.

Well then your team needs to understand the definition of concurrently.

Maybe you need to learn the definition. Both are run at the same time which is concurrently. That does not mean that you can participate in both.
  • Options
    Those of us who have completely maxed out Hoth TB should have the opportunity to sim it at this point. Making us choose between two game events is silly at this point in the game progression. We need more, not less. Raids and TW give poop GET rewards, so that's a bummer. the Geo TB better give the same GET rewards or we're going to find more players walking out the door saying "that's it, no more."
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    So, essentially, you've added HAAT... but we have to give up HPit to do it.
    Sure...
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    I do not agree with this decision and will protest by posting more off-topic drivel than I already do.

I like this guy! Yeah I don't like it either. Id rather have them run back to back and overlap with TWs personally. More content is a good thing.
  • Options
    DadKev wrote: »
    They will run simultaneously but the guild's officers will choose which one your guild will participate in. You can't do both Geo TB and Hoth TB at the same time.

Maybe you need to learn the definition. Both are run at the same time which is concurrently. That does not mean that you can participate in both.

That also does not mean you can't participate in both.
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Well if it's just 4 days for better rewards, count me in!

Generally yes. My guess is that Malak won’t make an appearance in the new TB rewards, so some progress may be slowed by this.

What do you mean?

Finishing Malak to 7*. A lot of people may still not have that even in high-end guilds. They may have to make a decision to finish or help others to finish him or move on to geoTB

You still get the old currency as reward in the new tb, so there isnt a reason you cant finish Malak.

Where does it say you get the old Mk1 GET? I'm actually asking not trying to be difficult because that will allay some of my trepidation. All I remember fro. The older posts is that you will get the new MK2 GET for the rewards.
  • Options
    It hasn’t been said. It needs to be said. The reward structure needs to compensate for missed Hoth rewards + the new rewards. Not either or. This needs spelled out immediately.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

The legal definition of concurrently means two or more events occurring simultaneously. For example your computer can multitask and run many programs concurrently. This does not mean your computer chooses which of the programs to run. It runs them all at the same time. Also for another example if a person breaks the law and receives 2 or more sentences to run concurrently it means all of his sentences run at the same time, not him choosing which one he wants to run. So no, concurrently is a horrible choice of word when making a player choice between two events
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Nevermind I found it. It does indeed say you will get Mk1 GET as well. Thank you. Must have not seen that when I read the currency post the first time.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »

The legal definition of concurrently means two or more events occurring simultaneously. For example your computer can multitask and run many programs concurrently. This does not mean your computer chooses which of the programs to run. It runs them all at the same time. Also for another example if a person breaks the law and receives 2 or more sentences to run concurrently it means all of his sentences run at the same time, not him choosing which one he wants to run. So no, concurrently is a horrible choice of word when making a player choice between two events

The events are still running concurrently, you as a player just cannot participate in them concurrently which is garbage when we were promised more consistent events when shards were dropped from 2 to 1.

This decision will eliminate the ability to earn those shards and the daily bonus get from the other special missions.

For those that are close to earning the 45* and have not, this will take away that opportunity.

The rewards for the new tb have to be more than double that of the older content to offset this.
  • zep
    5 posts Member
    Options
    So no, concurrently is a horrible choice of word when making a player choice between two events

That is not correct. Even Merriam-Webster gives this example:
    And at any multiplex theater several movies are running concurrently.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    Who cares about the definition. The dev post was extremely confusing. I didn’t understand how them running together was less demanding. I didn’t understand there was a choice and it wasn’t both. That definitely needs to be edited for clarity.

Regardless though I’m super glad to be done with one of the territory battles. It was boring. It was long past time to move onto something more challenging. I support this move (so far).
  • Options
    zep wrote: »
    So no, concurrently is a horrible choice of word when making a player choice between two events

I think a... perhaps more immediately recognizable use would be prison sentences which run concurrently. Since there is no choice to be made, and you gain the benefits of both, the confusion seems natural.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    I don’t like having to chose which content I want to play. I want to play BOTH TBs. Why am I limited to just ONE!?
    - The “farm” for this game would be easier.

Will the rewards for one star on Geo TB be better than max stars on Hoth? Why get a handful of stars for more stress and effort then earn less, when you can earn MORE stuff on easier content!? Oh yeah, new gear crap to farm...

This information from SB Crumb should’ve been a sentence in the post they just released. I was super excited about being able to do BOTH TBs because I LOVE the TB game mode. TW and GA can ****.

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Therefore I can not run both concurrently. Glad we agree.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Who cares about the definition. The dev post was extremely confusing. I didn’t understand how them running together was less demanding. I didn’t understand there was a choice and it wasn’t both. That definitely needs to be edited for clarity.

Regardless though I’m super glad to be done with one of the territory battles. It was boring. It was long past time to move onto something more challenging. I support this move (so far).
    I can see a lot of people complaining that the game is time consuming when you have to play two TBs at once, especially for guild officers in charge of organizing and managing each phase

I don't think officers need to micromanage the first 3 to 4 phase of Hoth TB at all, even if you are in a decent GP guild imo (150 million GP)

I've seen people complain about Grand Arena being very time consuming (!). Personally, I can handle participating two Territory Battles but I understand where CG is coming from and cannot fault them for it
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    zep wrote: »

CG we are running the two battles concurrently. Players are only 1 running battle. So yes, at 1 building it is concurrent. For every other player in the world it is a singular event lol.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I can see a lot of people complaining that the game is time consuming when you have to play two TBs at once, especially for guild officers in charge of organizing and managing each phase

I don't think officers need to micromanage the first 3 to 4 phase of Hoth TB at all, even if you are in a decent GP guild imo (150 million GP)

I've seen people complain about Grand Arena being very time consuming (!). Personally, I can handle participating two Territory Battles but I understand where CG is coming from and cannot fault them for it

This is why guild officers need the power to move phases when the current phase is maxed out. It would make a six day slog half to 3/4 of the time the 24 hours phases bring. The option would only be open when all stars have been achieved. This would help to ease the burden of managing it all.
  • Nico
    29 posts Member
    Options
    It’s time to stop the game! I will play more stuff not less!
    Have no fun with this move from EA!
  • Dagobond
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Why was it not decided to run a third TB and eliminate some of the GA championship weeks or a TW? Or why aren't guilds given that option if it is something that has to be done?

Forcing people to chose between the Hoth TB and the Geo TB is a horrible idea. And yet another gesture which seems to imply that CG doesn't really care anymore about the players who prefer PvE content.

Infuriating to say the least.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

Therefore I can not run both concurrently. Glad we agree.

And this is exactly right
  • Options
    I can't believe we're on page 3 of "what does concurrently mean?"

Congratulations, internet.
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    Options

its sad really
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Yup. Especially when we're arguing over the wrong word. It occurred to me while having the same argument elsewhere. They are available to chose one to run during the same time frame. They are NOT running concurrently. Running is the more confusing word. If something is running it can be used. If we pick one, we run it. Then the other is not available to participate in so it is not running.
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Yup. Especially when we're arguing over the wrong word. It occurred to me while having the same argument elsewhere. They are available to chose one to run during the same time frame. They are NOT running concurrently. Running is the more confusing word. If something is running it can be used. If we pick one, we run it. Then the other is not available to participate in so it is not running.

i mean when you go to a movie theatre there are multiple movies running at the same time...but youre only there watching one.....
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

i mean when you go to a movie theatre there are multiple movies running at the same time...but youre only there watching one.....

Therefore they are not concurrent for you. You picked one and are unable to participate in the rest. Now if I was watching a movie, talking on the phone , and eating popcorn at the same time then all 3 events would be concurrent for me
  • Options
    They important question is who are these beta testers that thought picking between the two would be a good idea?
    "and we’ve talked a lot with our beta testers about how the game can already be demanding for veteran Guilds"
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    Options
    It's just plain wrong of them that they're making it so that we can only do one or the other. Most of us spend a fairly limited amount of time deploying and battling. Us officers spend the most amount time and that's basically less an hour organizing a day. Every single time I think that there's something ACTUALLY POSITIVE for the players happening there's the kick in the teeth. First there was the malak event with no warning. Then a lot of upset people slow placated with a minimum of communication and now this. The cycle continues. The Light rises and the Dark to meet it.
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

Therefore they are not concurrent for you. You picked one and are unable to participate in the rest. Now if I was watching a movie, talking on the phone , and eating popcorn at the same time then all 3 events would be concurrent for me

post doesnt say that both TB's are run concurrent for the player though, just that both geo and hoth are running concurrent. So i refer back to movie theatre example