Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    So, a serious question.

If CG had said:
    “This Tb is structured such that a guild with >80M GP will not be able to earn a single star (even with 50 completed CMs).”

Would you still be arguing that you want to take part in it (given that the alternative is to take part in Hoth Tb and earn rewards there)?

And the follow up question:
    If you say “yes”, can you honestly say that you all wouldn’t be on here in a rage complaining that they had somehow screwed you out of rewards?

Are you asking us if we'd been happy if they'd deliberately rigged it?
    Um, no ...
    Not entirely sure why you would have thought we'd say yes ...

But, I'm sure they *have* "deliberately rigged" it.

Why? Because it's end-game content. It is simply not meant for guilds under a certain point. Be mad at that if you want, but it's not really different than any other game with end-game content.

Um ...
    I'm really not following your logic.
    The current state of affairs is that if you are in a guild of 80,000,000, you can participate. If you are in a guild of 79,999,999, you cannot.
    Your question, if I understood it correctly, was would it be better if a guild with 80,000,000 can earn stars but a guild of 79,999,999 cannot?

I don't have a question, so no, you did not understand correctly.

Recap:
    1. You said the 80M restrictions is dumb
    2. Someone asked if you'd be mad if they let you do it only to find out that a 79.999M guild cannot mathematically get a single star
    3. You said that would be "rigging" it and you would be mad at that
    4. I pointed out that you're being silly, because end-game content is not meant for early-game players, so there is no reason to expect a 79M guild would be able to get any stars at all

Oh, no, we have misunderstood each other. The step from 2 to 3 is where the confusion lies.

By "rigged", I was asking if you were saying the game would deliberately allow 80M guilds to get stars but not 79.99M. If it's not specifically programmed to look at a guild's GP before awarding stars, then that's not rigged.

I misunderstood this whole chain and as a I result caused misunderstanding with my replies. Sorry.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    So, a serious question.

If CG had said:
    “This Tb is structured such that a guild with >80M GP will not be able to earn a single star (even with 50 completed CMs).”

Would you still be arguing that you want to take part in it (given that the alternative is to take part in Hoth Tb and earn rewards there)?

If you say “yes”, can you honestly say that you all wouldn’t be on here in a rage complaining that they had somehow screwed you out of rewards?

Um, no ...

It’s not rigged, it’s math.
    Both Tb as it stands has a certain GP, below which, your guild will not be able to earn a single star. I don’t know what that number is, but it exists. My alt account has its own guild and it cannot earn a star.

Geo TB also has that threshold. Since it’s end game content, the number is higher. So CG has set a threshold for entry.

The point I was making was that this is intended to be end game content. It’s not as it 80M will get max stars and 79.9M is not able to try. It’s very likely that, below 80M, you will not be strong enough to earn meaningful rewards. Maybe that’s a single star. Maybe it’s 3 stars. But it IS enough that anyone below 80 will be much better off sticking with Hoth.
    Probably the real threshold is somewhere above that - maybe 120M is the point where rewards would “break even” between the 2.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    So, a serious question.

If CG had said:

Um, no ...

Both Tb as it stands has a certain GP, below which, your guild will not be able to earn a single star. I don’t know what that number is, but it exists. My alt account has its own guild and it cannot earn a star.

Geo TB also has that threshold. Since it’s end game content, the number is higher. So CG has set a threshold for entry.

The point I was making was that this is intended to be end game content. It’s not as it 80M will get max stars and 79.9M is not able to try. It’s very likely that, below 80M, you will not be strong enough to earn meaningful rewards. Maybe that’s a single star. Maybe it’s 3 stars. But it IS enough that anyone below 80 will be much better off sticking with Hoth.
    Probably the real threshold is somewhere above that - maybe 120M is the point where rewards would “break even” between the 2.

If it's not rigged, it's no problem.

So yes, I'd be perfectly happy to play knowing that they think it's not possible for me to get a star. As long as they haven't specifically rigged it. ;-)
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    So, a serious question.

If CG had said:

Um, no ...

But, I'm sure they *have* "deliberately rigged" it.

Why? Because it's end-game content. It is simply not meant for guilds under a certain point. Be mad at that if you want, but it's not really different than any other game with end-game content.

Um ...
    I'm really not following your logic.
    The current state of affairs is that if you are in a guild of 80,000,000, you can participate. If you are in a guild of 79,999,999, you cannot.
    Your question, if I understood it correctly, was would it be better if a guild with 80,000,000 can earn stars but a guild of 79,999,999 cannot?

I don't have a question, so no, you did not understand correctly.

Recap:
    1. You said the 80M restrictions is dumb
    2. Someone asked if you'd be mad if they let you do it only to find out that a 79.999M guild cannot mathematically get a single star
    3. You said that would be "rigging" it and you would be mad at that
    4. I pointed out that you're being silly, because end-game content is not meant for early-game players, so there is no reason to expect a 79M guild would be able to get any stars at all

Oh, no, we have misunderstood each other. The step from 2 to 3 is where the confusion lies.

By "rigged", I was asking if you were saying the game would deliberately allow 80M guilds to get stars but not 79.99M. If it's not specifically programmed to look at a guild's GP before awarding stars, then that's not rigged.

I misunderstood this whole chain and as a I result caused misunderstanding with my replies. Sorry.

The only difference is semantics though.
    There is a “deliberate” GP below which it is mathematically impossible to earn a star.

If 50x (CM max points) + 79.9M < required score for 1 TB star
    Does that mean that it’s rigged?
    Would you prefer that your 70M GP guild take part anyway (and give up Hoth Tb rewards - setting you back further from reaching 80M)?

Reality is, not every event is intended for every player. Whether that gate is Guild GP, damage capability, 7* toons, toon GP, etc., it’s all the same result - it’s a gate. And it’s something to look forward to.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    So, a serious question.

If CG had said:

Um, no ...

So yes, I'd be perfectly happy to play knowing that they think it's not possible for me to get a star. As long as they haven't specifically rigged it. ;-)

What do you mean by rigged?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    IMO, the guilds below 80M or the guilds above (let’s say for sake of a number) 200M have it easy. There is no real choice to be made.

It’s the guilds in between that will hurt the most. If half of your guild has maxed out TB toons and half doesn’t - which Tb do you run? That’s where guilds will end up divided.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options

The only difference is semantics though.

No, it isn't. "Rigged" means "deliberately fixed". I thought someone was asking about the possibility of them deliberately fixing it so that a guild of 80,000,000 can get a star but a guild of 79,999,999 cannot. A specific ine of code to ensure it.

If they way they have programmed it means that a guild with 50 members at 79.999.999 cannot get a star but a guild of 40 members at 80,000,000 can OR a guild with 50 members at 80,000,000 CAN get a star but a guild of 50 members at 79,999,999 cannot ... and it was NOT deliberately based on GP but just fell out that way because of what they put together ... then yes, I want to play it and see it regardless of whether I get any rewards or not. :smile:
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    So, a serious question.

If CG had said:

Um, no ...

Yeah, that appears to have been a Britishism that I didn't know wasn't universal. It appears to have caused confusion and if I had known that then I wouldn't have used it. So apologies for that.

"Rigged" means fixed. Like all horses might run a race but the winner has already been fixed; it's been rigged. Nothing to do with the fastest horse or best jockey.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    So, a serious question.

If CG had said:

Um, no ...

Yeah, that appears to have been a Britishism that I didn't know wasn't universal. It appears to have caused confusion and if I had known that then I wouldn't have used it. So apologies for that.

"Rigged" means fixed. Like all horses might run a race but the winner has already been fixed; it's been rigged. Nothing to do with the fastest horse or best jockey.

Your previous comment explained it perfectly. I thought that was what you meant, but had some doubts due to the context. The word is fine, i just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Talifer
    84 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I guess easily accessible for all, which means it needs to be suited to them being able to make progress. Which means easy to beat, up to some level. So yes that is what would have to happen to be able to give everyone access...

It's not my design, but it does make sense. I'm not saying anyone should be happy or complacent about the decision, but everyone is really worked up for not having much of the reward/difficulty details. We have other gate blocks that function the same way, but this one is more directly stated and I think that is causing issues.

In the end this sets the bar more clearly, which many have issues with when requirements are released.

I really don't think you're looking at this objectively, just because 5 starring a TB is easy doesn't make max starring a TB easier? That bar can be set as high as you like, that is the beauty of this format. Everyone can acheive something and most people/guilds can improve, i.e. work towards more stars and better rewards next time. The only problem at the moment is max starring Hoth seems to be too easy for the majority of people on this forum which is why I think the only thing the Genosian TB should have done was move the top end further away, make each zone 4 stars (The number of ways to do this seems limitless). Then you add another TB to the cycle which expands the content for everyone and means there is less chance of people getting bored of the same old TB. You could even extend the current 2 TBs with extra stars to easily add more challenge.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    This same concept comes up every time there is new content.

New content tends to stir things up, but in the end stable/healthy guilds usually make it through.

Kyno, normally your posts make sense and are fair comments.

On this occasion I think you are wrong and have struck a low blow to new/lower gp guilds.

But I agree with what you say about new content always stirs people up as proven by thousands of posts on this forum.

But not allowing lower gp guilds access is cruel and demoralising. They should be able to try the event even if the fail to complete it, by trying and failing that will truly give them something to strive for, because an 80 million gp guild may not necessarily have the right toons to complete it. Whereas if you can at least try it you know which toons to farm.

Sub note I’m in a 170 million guild so doesn’t affect me personally but think the 80 million minimum is bad for the community and game as a whole

Trying and failing will not give them the resources to grow. Placing a simple goal on the field and saying here is what you need to get to this tier, is a good thing for developing players and guilds. They have access to the resources and the new stuff through other means and this becomes an "added bonus" as they develop up to the point where they can participate.

There are so many examples of gates just like this in game, level blocks, character stars, character power, and guild member total, just to name a few. All of those at some level block player access to an event and rewards.

In a game mode that is built on a GP check, it makes sense to have a block of this nature.
    In a new game mode that also is the gate to provide access to the new component that will likely be needed to go far in it, we are very likely to see guilds that do qualify scoring low star counts and possibly some choosing to do both more because the base rewards could be better and access to the new stuff is spread to other locations. Give it time and see how this plays out.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Lanbo wrote: »
    They cant just make it easier so everyone can participate, and then beat it "in no time". New content like this needs to have some lasting effect to then allow them to work on other projects.

But most people aren't asking for that. At least, I'm not and I wasn't in my original post.
    By all means keep it hard. By all means bring in more hard PvE "end game content". But allow us to play it. Don't decide "it's too tough for you therefore we're not going to let you even try"; let US make that decision for ourselves.

You keep saying that and I kepp telling you, that it is pointless to praticipate, because you haven't enough gp to do anything relevant!!!
    Try when the guild reaches 80mil

Tell me, how exactly does it adversely affect YOU if HIS guild decides to try it and fails to gain a star? The only ones hurt by that decision are HIS guildmates. Not YOU. So THEY should be able to make that decision since it only affects THEM.

And besides, since when has GP alone been a definitive indicator of success? A player with X million GP evenly spread out across every character possible is going to fail miserably against most high-end content, whereas a player with X million GP focused on a handful of "synergized" teams geared toward specific content is going to fare significantly better against that content. Heck, even between the LS and DS Hoth battles there are massive discrepancies. I myself am an example of that one. I blow through every single DS battle with ease and have high-end DS teams to spare because most of my high-end teams are DS. When it comes to the LS battles, I have the teams to complete every stage of every mission just barely and I can't do all the special missions because I never farmed/geared Rogue One.

But the main argument here is let us freaking try the content. It doesn't hurt anyone else to let us try. If we fail, then so be it, but at least we got to try. I like playing this game for the actual fun of playing it, not for the rewards. Heck, I wish there were a practice mode or something where we could just keep playing when there's nothing else to do without having to waste energy. I'd even pay money to unlock it if it were a one-time deal just to have fun when I'm bored but out of energy. Again, we don't need a nanny to tell us it's too hard so you can't try. And even if we try and completely fail, we still gain something valuable from that. Maybe we get a star or two. Maybe we don't get any, but we can at least see how close we came. Once you know the point requirements and how many points each mission gives, it's stupid simple math to calculate what you need. By letting us see how far we can get, we can very easily determine what we need for each star. If we need to be able to beat X more missions, we can work on teams that will do it. If we need X Y and Z characters to fill squads, we can start farming those. But we should have the option to make our own choice to try or not.

If you can easily determine what you guys need, why do you not know that you need 80mil. I never said gp is an indicator for success, but tb always needed deployed GP. Thats why they cap it.
    It's just pointless to try.

You're clearly missing the point. If CG has determined that with less than 80 million GP it's mathematically IMPOSSIBLE to earn a single star no matter what then I will accept that. That's a guaranteed failure and I understand and it would make sense. However, with the way they've worded it, I don't think that's the case (please feel free to correct me CG).

Just think about your recent Grand Arena events. You're always matched very closely to someone else with a very similar GP. How many times have you stomped your opponent or vice versa? How many times have you gone up against someone you couldn't hope to defeat? But you've got roughly the same GP right? So it should be a toss up right? Wrong. A player's (or guild's) overall GP is nothing more than a number. Just like horsepower in a car is just a number. GP alone doesn't tell you how powerful you are just like horsepower alone doesn't tell the whole picture. My truck has more horsepower and torque than most high-end sports cars...but it's designed for towing. It can tow 21,000 pounds but it's 0-60 and top speed (while great for a truck) are horrible compared to a sports car. Now try and get that car to tow 21,000 pounds and it will simply die. The same goes with a player's (or guild's) GP. It's not the number that makes the difference. It's how it gets to that number. It's what makes up that number. So why base it solely off the number?

But all of that is completely irrelevant. The relevant point is that we don't need to be treated like children that cannot make their own choices.
  • AceCV
    995 posts Member
    Options
    The line (80M GP) is probably the one that devs found to say that below that value your guild will not gonna do it at all... it's probably like placing a 50M GP guild doing HSR.

Way worst than the 80M GP requirement is the "choose between content" thing. It's just ridiculous. No one should be forced to choose between DIFFERENT content that have different rewards (situation way different from tiers or brackets for instance). That is something that can break the game and it ISN'T a must... they are just choosing the easiest way for the development and exploration point of view... not the best solution for the costumers (players).
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    If 50x (CM max points) + 79.9M < required score for 1 TB star

THAT is exactly what we'd like to know. Personally, even if that is the case, I'd still like to play the content. I feel like I've personally more than paid for the ability to play said content. However, if CG were to tell us that the formula you posted above is factually correct, then I would accept their decision to put a minimum. If it is physically impossible to gain a single star then I would accept it. I'd still be disappointed that you couldn't run both and not have to choose, thereby not missing out on anything, but I would at least accept their decision.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    This is basically another way to keep the pay to win players at the top and to hell with the F2P or occasional payees. They don't care if you can't get in an event or a war as long as you break the bank to do so. It's easy to be a dev, sit there and answer only questions about their intentions from only the top 1%, boast about their 4m+ GP's after they just grant it all to themselves! I've been playing almost 1.5 years, same guild, still haven't gotten a single Traya shard, events are unattainable to lower players despite a 6 month+ grind. Let's face is, they will add new **** for the tops and we will sit here and be left out as usual

I’ve also been playing for 1.5 years in the same guild that started at the same time. We were very intentional about farming for the sith raid, and even though the first time we beat the heroic version was 10 months after it was released, we did it and practically the whole guild has Traya unlocked now. My guild also is over the GP limit for Geonosis territory battles, and we only have 2 guild members over 4 million GP.
    As for events, free players and low spenders are not going to be able to get every legendary or journey character the first or even second time they come out. But you can get some. I just got C-3PO at 7*, but I’m nowhere near ready for Darth Revan next week. It’s a matter of priorities and focus.
    The developers do focus a lot of effort on paying players and long-time players who already have a lot of the characters and are looking for something new. That is how they make money. But you can choose your own focus. The devs want the new TB to be something we strive for that starts off incredibly difficult, but gets easier as they release new characters and power creep continues. You can choose to work toward that goal or work toward something else instead. It’s up to you.

Okay back to the focus and resources. Got it. I agree. That's a huge component of the game.

However, you might be in a lucky situation where the majority of your members are ready and geared up to DS Geo TB. But I'd venture to guess that the majority of guilds are not in such a blessed situation.

But I don't know. I really don't know how this will shake down. But to think the fallout from a move like this won't impact all levels of guilds, is not pragmatic. It might not be immediate for some guilds. It might be for others. Lots of factors.

This could easily be avoided by letting all try, so they can bench mark where they need to be. In my humble opinion.

• taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    Talifer wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with the original poster, I don't think this is a good decision.

Firstly it seem to fly in the face of the Q&A when they were commenting on a padawan system for guilds. This is going to seriously effect those guilds that already do this, no longer can you afford to nurture and grow new players in a guild.

Secondly I thought the whole point of TB was a sliding scale of rewards? Surely all the Genosian TB needs is a steeper curve for stars and rewards. You just make the rewards equivalent for most guilds across the 2, so 20 stars in Hoth gives the same rewards as 5 stars in Geonosis. And so 48 stars in Hoth is say 30 stars in Geonosis, this gives plenty of room for guilds that have totally conquered Hoth. Heck you could go even simpler and just give the Genosian TB 100 stars in total and match like for like from Hoth. Then simply add Geonosis to the current cycle of TBs.

They dont want to make content that will be easily beat by everyone in a short time. They are making this the next tier in difficulty, I'm imagining tier 1 will be more of a tier 5 currently and we will go up from there.

They cant just make it easier so everyone can participate, and then beat it "in no time". New content like this needs to have some lasting effect to then allow them to work on other projects.

I agree with this statement. Now you are sounding reasonable.

Yet, one thing I'd like to point out is that allowing a guild that wouldn't be very successful, or below that GP, does not make it any more or less beatable. If it's going to be X amount of difficulty, having lower powered guilds attempt will not change that.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree with the original poster, I don't think this is a good decision.

Firstly it seem to fly in the face of the Q&A when they were commenting on a padawan system for guilds. This is going to seriously effect those guilds that already do this, no longer can you afford to nurture and grow new players in a guild.

Secondly I thought the whole point of TB was a sliding scale of rewards? Surely all the Genosian TB needs is a steeper curve for stars and rewards. You just make the rewards equivalent for most guilds across the 2, so 20 stars in Hoth gives the same rewards as 5 stars in Geonosis. And so 48 stars in Hoth is say 30 stars in Geonosis, this gives plenty of room for guilds that have totally conquered Hoth. Heck you could go even simpler and just give the Genosian TB 100 stars in total and match like for like from Hoth. Then simply add Geonosis to the current cycle of TBs.

They dont want to make content that will be easily beat by everyone in a short time. They are making this the next tier in difficulty, I'm imagining tier 1 will be more of a tier 5 currently and we will go up from there.

Yet, one thing I'd like to point out is that allowing a guild that wouldn't be very successful, or below that GP, does not make it any more or less beatable. If it's going to be X amount of difficulty, having lower powered guilds attempt will not change that.

We're not asking them to lower the difficulty.
    We're asking them to let us play the game.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options

You uh, don't have to ask them to play the game. Just open the game and play it.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options

You uh, don't have to ask them to play the game. Just open the game and play it.

You must love reading poetry. *lol*
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options

New content tends to stir things up, but in the end stable/healthy guilds usually make it through.

You know this was actually a terrible reply right? "We can't complain because this happens every time therefore your subjective opinions are invalid"

And what happens every time? People leave the game. You can't say the HSith raid made the game Healthy. When that content was new people hated themselves, the game, the devs... And the forums changed and reddit changed. Hsith changed every thing to be much worse then it was. Traya led the way to Revan which ruined Arena.

Every time these events happened, people left the game. There is a reason there is slim pickings at the top now, that recruitment gets harder the higher GP you start to require. The very forth post here is from a high guild player, stating on the lack of recruitment options and hoping that this actually causes people to leave their guilds so they can actually have someone to recruit.

Stable/healthy guilds make it through because people are not playing for this game anymore, they play cause of the people they know, why leave friends behind? If my guild moved to another game, I'd never play this game again.
  • Dblade21
    169 posts Member
    Options
    As one who has watched and helped my guild grow from a 45m GP guild that couldn't even beat HAAT, to now being a 145m GP guild, farming traya, close to max stars on TB, even with some lower level members; I can honestly say I am not being held back, because I helped my guild grow, helped recruit, got rid of players that were inactive, moved players that were casual to a guild that was more their style, and helping those members that stuck with it, it can be done.

I'm 4.8m gp+. It just takes commitment to grow your guild. Start small, little things like getting 600 tickets every day. You raid more, therefore more gear, your squads become stronger, your members increase in GP, you get more points in TB, and it just continues snowballing.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    If 80/85m GP guilds enjoy and get better rewards from hoth than from geo, it's better to just protect those sub 80m GP guilds from themselves and save them the dissappointment.

You don't think a better solution would simply been to have had an in game notice saying:
    "This Territory Battle is very hard and intended for Guilds of 80,000,000+ GP. If you have lower than that you may proceed but may find it too difficult for you."
    And that way left it up to players to decide for themselves what they wanted to do? Not every 79.9 million GP guild is going to need "protecting from themselves". Or 79.8 million GP guilds. Or 79.7 million ... etc.
    wel..
    Have you read the complaints of any given event in regards to the "recommended gear/zeta lvl"? That about says it all imo.

Honestly though, complaining about this seems a bit like complaining that a restaurant doesn't have horrible food on the menu eventhough no one wants to order horrible food by mistake.

I look forward to seeing you use that argument the next time a GP requirement (player, character or guild) is introduced that you fall foul of.
    Tell me, did you have the requirements to get Malak when he first came out?

You can try to make me seem biased all you want, but that doesn't change my opinion. Especially not in regards to this TB. For all we know a 79m GP guild would get significantly less rewards from geo TB than they get from hoth TB, and a very dissapointing experience to boot. Whether 80m GP is the right cutoff point remains to be seen, but i do support their choice of restricting access.
    Giving players access to content they don't have a snowballs chance in hell to clear isn't necessarily a good thing, no matter what your bias may or may not be.
    (i'm in a 200m GP guild and i didn't need to gear a single character to get ready for malak)

The same applied to all raids and it was fine. Everyone was able to gauge their power and stay whichever tier they wanted to. Why should it be a problem just letting folks see what's up with the new content this time? CG just needs to put a strong ingame textual emphasis on what's the very bottom cutline and that's it. Like the warning for less than full teams and such.

I doesn't applied to raids. Do have to deploy a certain amount off gp to finish? No you don't...
    Avoiding any logic, just to complain...

Huh? I'm not complaining. I'm just applying logic. The outcome doesn't even interest me one single bit. Please avoid redundantly quoting me unless you have an argument to drive forth.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    If 80/85m GP guilds enjoy and get better rewards from hoth than from geo, it's better to just protect those sub 80m GP guilds from themselves and save them the dissappointment.

You don't think a better solution would simply been to have had an in game notice saying:
    "This Territory Battle is very hard and intended for Guilds of 80,000,000+ GP. If you have lower than that you may proceed but may find it too difficult for you."
    And that way left it up to players to decide for themselves what they wanted to do? Not every 79.9 million GP guild is going to need "protecting from themselves". Or 79.8 million GP guilds. Or 79.7 million ... etc.
    wel..
    Have you read the complaints of any given event in regards to the "recommended gear/zeta lvl"? That about says it all imo.

Honestly though, complaining about this seems a bit like complaining that a restaurant doesn't have horrible food on the menu eventhough no one wants to order horrible food by mistake.

I look forward to seeing you use that argument the next time a GP requirement (player, character or guild) is introduced that you fall foul of.
    Tell me, did you have the requirements to get Malak when he first came out?

You can try to make me seem biased all you want, but that doesn't change my opinion. Especially not in regards to this TB. For all we know a 79m GP guild would get significantly less rewards from geo TB than they get from hoth TB, and a very dissapointing experience to boot. Whether 80m GP is the right cutoff point remains to be seen, but i do support their choice of restricting access.
    Giving players access to content they don't have a snowballs chance in hell to clear isn't necessarily a good thing, no matter what your bias may or may not be.
    (i'm in a 200m GP guild and i didn't need to gear a single character to get ready for malak)

The same applied to all raids and it was fine. Everyone was able to gauge their power and stay whichever tier they wanted to. Why should it be a problem just letting folks see what's up with the new content this time? CG just needs to put a strong ingame textual emphasis on what's the very bottom cutline and that's it. Like the warning for less than full teams and such.

I honestly don't see the problem with restricting access to content if it has a negative effect on the guild. The only downside is that players don't get to see what's up right away or test it out. Why is that such a big problem? especially compared to playing a TB that is way too hard and leads to less rewards while you could have been playing a TB that isn't way too hard and gives better rewards.
    I"m sure there are quite a few guilds which have wasted their raid tickets on t6 raids. While an arbitrary GP restriction probably doesn't work for raid tiers, i can definately see it work for TB.

I stand on the both sides of the argument to be honest. I repeatedly said it's not a big problem. But it's not a must on CGs part to induce this either. They would have just put an ingame warning you have to pass by to launch it and that's that. We all know it's for that single time out of curiosity that anyone's gonna try it. This will happen even 30-40M above the threshold I bet. They will just go back to Hoth for obvious reasons.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options

But most people aren't asking for that. At least, I'm not and I wasn't in my original post.
    By all means keep it hard. By all means bring in more hard PvE "end game content". But allow us to play it. Don't decide "it's too tough for you therefore we're not going to let you even try"; let US make that decision for ourselves.

You keep saying that and I kepp telling you, that it is pointless to praticipate, because you haven't enough gp to do anything relevant!!!
    Try when the guild reaches 80mil

Tell me, how exactly does it adversely affect YOU if HIS guild decides to try it and fails to gain a star? The only ones hurt by that decision are HIS guildmates. Not YOU. So THEY should be able to make that decision since it only affects THEM.

And besides, since when has GP alone been a definitive indicator of success? A player with X million GP evenly spread out across every character possible is going to fail miserably against most high-end content, whereas a player with X million GP focused on a handful of "synergized" teams geared toward specific content is going to fare significantly better against that content. Heck, even between the LS and DS Hoth battles there are massive discrepancies. I myself am an example of that one. I blow through every single DS battle with ease and have high-end DS teams to spare because most of my high-end teams are DS. When it comes to the LS battles, I have the teams to complete every stage of every mission just barely and I can't do all the special missions because I never farmed/geared Rogue One.

But the main argument here is let us freaking try the content. It doesn't hurt anyone else to let us try. If we fail, then so be it, but at least we got to try. I like playing this game for the actual fun of playing it, not for the rewards. Heck, I wish there were a practice mode or something where we could just keep playing when there's nothing else to do without having to waste energy. I'd even pay money to unlock it if it were a one-time deal just to have fun when I'm bored but out of energy. Again, we don't need a nanny to tell us it's too hard so you can't try. And even if we try and completely fail, we still gain something valuable from that. Maybe we get a star or two. Maybe we don't get any, but we can at least see how close we came. Once you know the point requirements and how many points each mission gives, it's stupid simple math to calculate what you need. By letting us see how far we can get, we can very easily determine what we need for each star. If we need to be able to beat X more missions, we can work on teams that will do it. If we need X Y and Z characters to fill squads, we can start farming those. But we should have the option to make our own choice to try or not.

If you can easily determine what you guys need, why do you not know that you need 80mil. I never said gp is an indicator for success, but tb always needed deployed GP. Thats why they cap it.
    It's just pointless to try.

You're clearly missing the point. If CG has determined that with less than 80 million GP it's mathematically IMPOSSIBLE to earn a single star no matter what then I will accept that. That's a guaranteed failure and I understand and it would make sense. However, with the way they've worded it, I don't think that's the case (please feel free to correct me CG).

Just think about your recent Grand Arena events. You're always matched very closely to someone else with a very similar GP. How many times have you stomped your opponent or vice versa? How many times have you gone up against someone you couldn't hope to defeat? But you've got roughly the same GP right? So it should be a toss up right? Wrong. A player's (or guild's) overall GP is nothing more than a number. Just like horsepower in a car is just a number. GP alone doesn't tell you how powerful you are just like horsepower alone doesn't tell the whole picture. My truck has more horsepower and torque than most high-end sports cars...but it's designed for towing. It can tow 21,000 pounds but it's 0-60 and top speed (while great for a truck) are horrible compared to a sports car. Now try and get that car to tow 21,000 pounds and it will simply die. The same goes with a player's (or guild's) GP. It's not the number that makes the difference. It's how it gets to that number. It's what makes up that number. So why base it solely off the number?

But all of that is completely irrelevant. The relevant point is that we don't need to be treated like children that cannot make their own choices.

You need that number (GP)
    They didn't say to get 80 mil and max waves for one star, but they have to cap it somewhere.
    That means giving the cap right.
    Not to high so alot more guild's can't reach and not to low, so you actually need the ordered GP + max waves and platoons.
    You probably can do one star with 79, but if they cap it there another group starts complaining. Till the point we hit the hard cap.
    Going further with this discussion is just pointless.

Again, missing the point. They do NOT have to put a requirement at all. They are choosing to do so to police us because they think we can't police ourselves.
  • Options
    They’re not interested in smaller guilds, f2p, or occasional spenders.

If you want to be able to compete in any area of this game you’d best be willing to spend $$, and if not, enjoy missing out on basically everything (now they’re deliberately restricting content at artificial increments - Malak event, Geo TB... what next?)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

You know this was actually a terrible reply right? "We can't complain because this happens every time therefore your subjective opinions are invalid"

And what happens every time? People leave the game. You can't say the HSith raid made the game Healthy. When that content was new people hated themselves, the game, the devs... And the forums changed and reddit changed. Hsith changed every thing to be much worse then it was. Traya led the way to Revan which ruined Arena.

Every time these events happened, people left the game. There is a reason there is slim pickings at the top now, that recruitment gets harder the higher GP you start to require. The very forth post here is from a high guild player, stating on the lack of recruitment options and hoping that this actually causes people to leave their guilds so they can actually have someone to recruit.

Stable/healthy guilds make it through because people are not playing for this game anymore, they play cause of the people they know, why leave friends behind? If my guild moved to another game, I'd never play this game again.

When did I say "we cant..." anything? Or even that we shouldn't?

What i am saying is its early to make judgements about this, and in the end no matter what the outcome (leave it or change it) guilds will break up and change over this just like any new content.

• Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

When did I say "we cant..." anything? Or even that we shouldn't?

What i am saying is its early to make judgements about this, and in the end no matter what the outcome (leave it or change it) guilds will break up and change over this just like any new content.

Now that statement I can 100% agree with.
  • Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

It's not like 80M is some steep requirement, our casual (but old) guild has almost double that.

Your are missing the point. Of course those guilds who already met requirements won't be hurt. But those who don't - will be, and badly. For example, my current guild will need to recruit almost 20 people with average GP higher than our current average. It's just impossible because there is no point for such people to join us - we are complete strangers to them AND we can't do actual PvE content. Even the fact that we are extremely successful for our size (won all our TW, started to clear heroic raids faster than other guilds of our size and age, etc) will change nothing - now we just cut off from the future game.

YOU miss the point of this requirements completey!
    As I say above, no 80mil GP, means probably no star and no rewards.
    You want that for lower guild's?
    Not capping and low guild's miss on any rewards, because they can't achieve One star... Please stop that nonsense

So my guild with slightly under 80 million but with 3 players over 3 million and a dozen more over 1 million won't get any stars or rewards? OK. But where's the harm in letting us try?

If you've read my OP you'd have seen me comparing this to the Heroic Tank. We couldn't complete it at first but we could at least try. We'd fail, get back up and try again. Why aren't we allowed to do that with Geonosis? There's no good reason to not at least let players TRY.

And as for your comment of "please stop that nonsense" ...
    It's not nonsense to want to try, so there's no nonsense to stop.

There is a frustration level for some that try and can't do it. They wanna leave the frustration out and don't even let you try

So what you're saying is that "because of the bad behaviour of some, we can't have nice things"? Wasn't that an argument in favour of alcohol prohibition? *lol* j/k

But seriously, people get frustrated at this game all the time and if this new TB is intended for "end game content" then a lot of people are going to be getting frustrated with it anyway. I don't see that as a valid argument to stop other people from trying.

No... If you under 80 mil you probably can't get one star and this means no rewards.
    Then people go in rage on forum and ask why there is no warning that the get no rewards when they get zero stars or why is tb so hard. They avoid that by capping it

As I have already said; allow everyone to try but make it obvious that it is intended to be very, very hard and most guilds under 80 million might not get anything. Allow them to still try, though.

I would rather try Genosis and get no reward than not be allowed to try at all.

All that they've done now is frustrate EVERYONE below 80 million instead of just those who would get annoyed at not being strong enough.

Look at the Raids. There's a reason they have low level Tiers and high end Tiers and the best gear is only available at the top. Why not allow everyone to participate but you only get the best gear with a dozen stars or more? Or any one of a dozen better options than the one they've chosen of just not letting players actually play.

Your argument makes sense ONLY IF they let us play both TB at the same time (simultaneously). The reason why they don't do it is beyond me though