Oh look, no zetas in today’s fleet ability mat double drops...

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    ShawDou wrote: »
    1) Randomness balance itself in the end if all rolls have SAME WEIGHT.

2-3) I get you, but as programmer myself, i dont believe that add 2x into code somewhere is that much harder than changing 3 numbers elsewhere. Yea i may be wrong because noone here knows how complicated that algorithm is but i cant be too complicated if they keep telling is it is flat random chance. Swapping chance of 0 for chance of 2 as was my solution to increase drop rates cant be that hard.
    1) It balances itself out even with dynamic weighting because that weighting just increases and clusters within the same distribution. The balance of this game is not on a razor's edge; it's robust enough to account for paid advantage. Occasional double drop events aren't gonna throw that ecosystem out of whack.

2-3) There are many, many ways to code an RNG, even for a fair die. Inserting "x2" at a certain place is not the solution for all of them, and minor alterations to seemingly simple code can have massive unintended consequences, especially when done multiple times over large scales.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    private final int dropRate = 0.33;

If int is integer this code might break the game no ?
    Because 0.33 is a float, it could convert dropRate to integer so dropRate = 0
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    private final int dropRate = 0.33;

If int is integer this code might break the game no ?
    Because 0.33 is a float, it could convert dropRate to integer so dropRate = 0
    That, I do believe, is the joke.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Likewise. How is randomly punishing some and rewarding others a fair compensation for all?

It's just lazy.

This, a bunch of people will get 8 zetas from this challenge, others like me will get nothing.

@CG_Carrie this is when RNG hurts the most, it’s brutal. Not cool.

I got 0 as well. I dont really care though. It's all about the f2p grind now. No more meta chasing and all that nonsense
  • Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    According to Carrie on the Escape Pod...Cast - we don't get zeros on the zeta mats fleet challenge anymore... (~1:50:30 mark in the audio)

Well that's just false. And I dont recall her saying that. She said we shouldn't but I didnt hear her say we wouldn't.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    CG did us a solid with double drops. You post here to complain when you get zero zetas, and ignore the rest of the free shards, gear, credits etc you got over the course of the full double drop period.

What does this complaining do for us? Ill tell you - cg thinks we're a bunch of whiny little ****'s (rightfully so) and never brings back double drops.

Yeah unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Trying to compensate for the loss of GA rewards (I'm looking at the slicing mats also) is impossible with double drops. You will have to spend crystals if you wanna catch up. So our compensation actually costs you money.

I didn't think this post was about the loss of GA rewards. If you want my opinion on that topic, i think it was a load of crap that dbl drops were compensation for the lack of GA. That's just my opinion.

That said, i really like double drops. If i get no zetas, no sweat, I'll get heaps of other stuff. However if ppl whinge about not getting this or that material when dbl drops happen, cg may take that as 'we had a lot of negative feedback about double drops let's not do that going forward'.

I want dbl drops to continue for special occasions in future. All I'm sayin.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    CG did us a solid with double drops. You post here to complain when you get zero zetas, and ignore the rest of the free shards, gear, credits etc you got over the course of the full double drop period.

What does this complaining do for us? Ill tell you - cg thinks we're a bunch of whiny little ****'s (rightfully so) and never brings back double drops.

Yeah unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Trying to compensate for the loss of GA rewards (I'm looking at the slicing mats also) is impossible with double drops. You will have to spend crystals if you wanna catch up. So our compensation actually costs you money.

I didn't think this post was about the loss of GA rewards. If you want my opinion on that topic, i think it was a load of crap that dbl drops were compensation for the lack of GA. That's just my opinion.

That said, i really like double drops. If i get no zetas, no sweat, I'll get heaps of other stuff. However if ppl whinge about not getting this or that material when dbl drops happen, cg may take that as 'we had a lot of negative feedback about double drops let's not do that going forward'.

I want dbl drops to continue for special occasions in future. All I'm sayin.

I agree but normally double drops are a good thing. Having it as replacement for the lack of GA (content and rewardwise) is not such a good thing imo. Final results zetawise 0/2, 4/2 & 0/2
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    Options
    Even I got 0 Zetas yesterday
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    People still going on about this?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Till the death star comes and blows us up
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    0/24
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

Till the death star comes and blows us up

Or the next thing to complain about comes along. (Check out recent post from guy who doesnt have enough purple mats, if you're looking for something a little different.)
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    3 days of double ship ability mat drops yielded a total of:

2 Zeta mats
    4 Omegas

Looking forward to regular drops returning because I typically get about 6 Zetas and 6 Omegas over 3 days worth of ship ability mat drops.

This is a joke of a “compensation.”
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    If you want to appease me, @CG, drop 10 Zeta mats and 8 Omegas in my inbox.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't got nor zatas nor omegas.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    0/24

Aha I got 2/24 sucker actually I got 2/48 since I got 2 accounts, jokes on me
  • Talifer
    84 posts Member
    Options
    0/0/0 here.

Double nothing is not really a reward or compensation for anything.
    I'm not suggesting there is anything nefarious going on, I believe the drop rate is fixed and the same for everyone but that does not ditract from the fact that this is a very bad way of rewarding players. A "chance" at compensation/rewards is not a good approach, randomness works because in the end it evens out, you cannot apply this to a time limited event.

The whole randomness aspect is slightly annoying, I'm assuming there is some evidence that it brings in more money but I can't imagine it is that conclusive. I would much rather they simple triple the shards required for a character and then make the shard drops guaranteed.
  • Atzel
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Here are my 3 days results !

1st 2x0
    2nd 2x2
    3rd 2x1
    x2
    6 Zeta mats
  • Jiefoo
    33 posts Member
    Options
    BWAHAHAHHAH!! EXACTLY what I thought! TOTAL "SHIP"!! A coincidence? I think not! Ships drop rate is terrible anyway but that was brutal!! AND I didn't even bother trying to farm stuff on the hard nodes during the bonus period and I think on average I did better with my stun guns on the normal node when the bonus period was not on....

AAAANNNNND I'm super annoyed right now at having lost another 4 battles to an HMF team like 80K weaker than me with even only an FIVE STAR HMF against my super maxed tarkin, emperor's shuttle, vader, tie fighter and maul (not quite super maxed yet) with super maxed sun fac and soldier(not super maxed).

I mean I might as will not even bother. Even if I do get Tarkin's ability off it doesn't even dent them as they are all max protect plus plus plus. Let's make ships fun they said. Let's do 3 on 3 with reinforcement abilities to make it variable BLA BLA BLA and then they make a P2P super ship and BOOM back to boring same old same old meta.

Oh well I guess I could pay for a maxed Sith/Empire squad with bomber etc but frankly I don't even think it would matter. Back when Emperor's Shuttle hit I saw vids of L6 ES and maxed allies just getting wiped out like no contest. Well back to grinding the rest of my empire squad and see what happens.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My results for 3 days :
    0/0/2
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    SithAmer wrote: »
    Even I got 0 Zetas yesterday

Even you????

Yup, that clinches it, definitely rigged.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    0/24
  • Options
    0/0/2

Wow “double drops” was fantastic.
  • Options
    I got 0 over the course of the entire time. Wouldn't it have been easier for a "sorry for the inconvenience" message and sending out equal rewards?

People that i would have beat in GA and we would have beat in GW got infinitely more zetas than i did.

You shouldnt have substituted it with a double drop. Those are random. GA amd GW are not.
  • Options
    Instead of 2x possible chance where you can actually get more than intended but totally random chances & lots of 0/5 pulls & no challenge rewards.

I wonder how people would feel about a "Max" reward.

So basically you just get whatever the mission would reward if every single option paid out at once.

So you get 1 Char Shard, all 3 possible Gear options, all 3(4) ability mat options. Etc etc.

Doubles won't happen but it is a guaranteed payout.

Hard drops wouldn't range from 0-5(10) w/ 1.67 (3.33) average but would just default to 5 automatically.

I think I'd end up paying more out in crystals for refreshes if that was the option.

Sometimes now I don't refresh & just thank the RNGesus if I happen to get a double drop.

But if I knew I would get the exact 3 shards I'm looking for to complete a star, etc etc..... I'd run chars I'm not even actively farming just to complete stars.... lol. Actually that might be bad.
  • Options
    Please send zetas to those of us that only got 2 or 0 during double drops.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    I'm baffled by people thinking that them getting zero zetas on a probability-based event is a punishment
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Some people like punishment.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH