Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Options
    So if I experience the tiebreaker glitch what can I do? We tied and I had the higher GP but my opponent got the win.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    SuperKing wrote: »
    So if I experience the tiebreaker glitch what can I do? We tied and I had the higher GP but my opponent got the win.
    Submit a ticket.
    Still not a he.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    My impressions of this initial championship:
    1) It was a lot harder than past grand arena fights since we were matched based on our top 80 toons. This made the preparation and fights a lot harder and more time consuming.

My suggestions for the future:
    1) Keep match-ups only between people in the same division. Half of my opponents were in division 1 while I was in 2. There are enough people in the divisions so let's keep them separate. That way people in the championship are all fighting for the same tiers of rewards.
    2) Don't mix and match people with strong Darth Revan and Malak teams against those without. There's really no good counter to DR/Malak yet (unless you are a whale maybe). It's excessively difficult to win an arena stage when your opponent has DR/Malak but you don't.
    3) Make the rewards more even, a la TW. Since it now requires so much more effort to fight in the championship, the rewards for the last spots shouldn't be so bad.

• Jevare
    40 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    [EVENT] - Fixed an issue that caused Grand Arena tiebreakers to not use matchmaking score. Tie breakers will now use matchmaking GP when determining the winner.

1) so, how? Bigger GP? Which GP?
    2) How def squads calculated?
    3) When you will remove double points from victory, some players promoted to chromium
    4) What's about MM? Not so fair. Mb you need to take more than allowed quantity, x1.5-x2
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Jevare wrote: »
    3) When you will remove double points from victory, some players promoted to chromium
    Read the second bullet point from that list. They fixed that.
    Still not a he.
  • Jevare
    40 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Read the second bullet point from that list. They fixed that.

No. They did not? How they got more 600 points? pne30x0073dd.png
  • BDB
    11 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not about to read 800 comments, so if this has been mentioned... ok. The bigger QOL update to this needs to be a better scorecard and bracket for the groupings. In what competitive, event other than this, have you no clue who did what and what the scores were? Really, the tiebreaker should be total points not GP. I can pull up standings for any sporting event, hell even fortnite can make a bracket that works, but this is just kinda generic and you end the event wondering if you got what you really earned or did you get screwed but didn't get kissed?
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb A small tweak I would recommend is that all the “side feats” not related to GAC matches only contribute to GAC currency and not to honor points. Honor points should only be related to “winning,” “banners,” and “conquering territories” in GAC not to doing all the busy work, which isn’t related. I welcome the busy work for currency production, but it skews the point system unnecessarily. Thanks!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    No. They did not? How they got more 600 points?
    They got the points before they fixed it.

Doesn't mean they didn't fix it.
    Still not a he.
  • Jevare
    40 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    No. They did not? How they got more 600 points?
    They got the points before they fixed it.

Doesn't mean they didn't fix it.

It means
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I beleive I got an extra 2000 points for a win on day 2... After they "fixed" it

Nothing the first time, but second day my score jumped almost 2500 points and I didn't even do any combats won a 720 720 draw, was busy... Maybe not tho idk too many bugs to track them all
  • Options
    GA works fine, but crybabies need to cry about something.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    For the future, can we get some evergreen Feats that only appear when there isn't a GAC going on?

Something along the lines of the "win 15 fleet battles" and "beat people with galactic republic" feats to keep generating currency during the downtime. No lifetime score needed, to be clear.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Still im trying to figure out how can i be paired with 1M+ Gp and CG tells me is normal... on equal teams he got full g12 full zetas. How can i beat that ? How can u pair div 2 with div 1?
  • Travesty
    64 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    There is nothing else to discuss!
    I disagree.

Cheating is the number one way to kill any game with a PvP mode. If you like playing this game and don't want to see it die prematurely then cheating is the most important thing to discuss.

And several excellent suggestions have already been offered by others on how this can be done on a client side game engine such as SWGOH. Such as the server capturing a record of teams as they enter and exit battles to check for statistical anomalies like a G10 Phoenix squad beating a G12+5 DR/Malak squad. Or forcing the client to log all the combat rolls and results and pass onto the server at the end of battles to make sure an attacking squad's incoming damage wasn't reduced to zero, or that it's speed didn't somehow become +1000, or that its damage didn't increase by 1000%.

The community understands that anti-cheating measures takes dev resources, but the alternative -- continuing to rely on users recognizing and reporting suspicious or dubious outcomes -- is insufficient to staunch widespread cheating. And widespread cheating inevitably results in player flight.

• Options
    I for one liked the grand arena thingy. But I just wonder where did it go? Coming back anytime soon? And geo TB, anywhere to be seen? It seems cruel to just tempt us with this new content and then not have it. Hehe
  • Options
    Check the calendar in dev announcements.
  • Vaco
    15 posts Member
    Options
    One question: how can it be, that in division 4 the #1 got 1000 points? t2ygton2nqyv.jpg
  • Options
    Already addressed and dev response in another thread.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Already addressed and dev response in another thread.

This is on the new ga not the old one..after it’s been fixed..
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Vaco wrote: »
    One question: how can it be, that in division 4 the #1 got 1000 points? t2ygton2nqyv.jpg

Check bronzium league in division 6 :unamused:
    Yeah, and check lower divisions carbon league, there are people with 2k points already
    #fairplaybycapitalgames
  • Options
    ecrxdbjkj7m5.png
    rzny3ablrfxk.png
    zq11hmgjra2e.png
    qhq8o1grmhpd.png
    som43nsawdw6.png
  • DubbQ
    92 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    fuurn4kukv5d.jpg
    Can anyone explain this? @CG_SBCrumb
  • Absolute_chaos10
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Please explain how I as a division 2 player is paired against all division 1 players. My opponent has 5.4m gp and has every character at gear 12 and 9 gear 13 toons. I have a 4.1m gp and 70 gear 12 toons, how the hell is this fair matchmaking??????????????????????? @CG_SBCrumb
    Post edited by Absolute_chaos10 on
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/DubbQ

Don’t look bronzio you have 1 on that division 6
  • Options
    Great matchmaking
    All my opponents have a g13 malak and i have just a 6* malak.
    3 of them with a full g13 Drevan squad. They need just to set the Drevan squad on defense.
    I already lost the whole GAC. 👍
    The GP difference is between 100k and 300k (troops)