Gear 12 Farming Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Wacka
    22 posts Member
    Options
    If I'm reading the proposed changes right, this will create a greater bottleneck than before for old g12 gear (scanners and medpacs). The normal energy fleet nodes are the only place to farm that gear (using energy), and now those nodes will have a worse drop rate.

The worse drop rate will require players to spend crystals to farm the same amount of old g12 gear as before.

The shard shop will help some, but probably not enough to make up for the large (and growing) demand for this kind of gear. It's hard not to see this as an increase in the need to spend crystals, with no commensurate increase in ability to earn crystals.

Adding the old g12 medpacs and scanners to regular energy nodes—where we already have some other less useful old g12 gear—would help.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Wacka wrote: »
    If I'm reading the proposed changes right, this will create a greater bottleneck than before for old g12 gear (scanners and medpacs). The normal energy fleet nodes are the only place to farm that gear (using energy), and now those nodes will have a worse drop rate.

The worse drop rate will require players to spend crystals to farm the same amount of old g12 gear as before.

The shard shop will help some, but probably not enough to make up for the large (and growing) demand for this kind of gear. It's hard not to see this as an increase in the need to spend crystals, with no commensurate increase in ability to earn crystals.

Adding the old g12 medpacs and scanners to regular energy nodes—where we already have some other less useful old g12 gear—would help.

How much are the current drop rate for normal nodes right now? From their statements it looks like they are taking it to the streamlined %20 like on the maps while granting 2x freebies and %50 cheaper refills.
  • Options
    I'm not liking the removal of mk5 stun guns from ships. Are you guys so hard up for revenue that keeping them there would matter?

Literally every character I need to increase gear level on requires them.

Give with one hand and remove with the other
  • Wacka
    22 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote:
    How much are the current drop rate for normal nodes right now? From their statements it looks like they are taking it to the streamlined %20 like on the maps while granting 2x freebies and %50 cheaper refills

There's no sure way to know for sure if CG doesn't tell us, but assuming it's going from 40% to 20%, then it's like they're requiring you to spend 50 crystals to keep up with what you were farming before, assuming you weren't refreshing.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote:
    How much are the current drop rate for normal nodes right now? From their statements it looks like they are taking it to the streamlined %20 like on the maps while granting 2x freebies and %50 cheaper refills

There's no sure way to know for sure if CG doesn't tell us, but assuming it's going from 40% to 20%, then it's like they're requiring you to spend 50 crystals to keep up with what you were farming before, assuming you weren't refreshing.

To me drop rates with a decent enough sample is more than enough. Map drop rates always comes down to %20-21. %40 is way too high, I doubt it's that right now. But if it's we're breaking even on gear. I would refresh or just use the freebies, same thing overall as far as gear is concerned, the replenishment rate is doubled, the cost is halved.
  • Options

If memory serves the normal energy refreshes 1 pt every 6 minutes and the Ship energy is 1 pt every 15 minutes. So I could easily see a 2x to 2.5x drop rate increase on ship nodes as compared to regular nodes based simply off the energy refresh limit. So that's is the long way of me saying a drop rate of 40% on ship nodes is not an unreasonable expectation given normal energy is 20% drop rates

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote:

Except you will be getting more free energy each day, so it should be approximately the same.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote:

Except you will be getting more free energy each day, so it should be approximately the same.

Do you have any samples for the current gear drop rate on fleet nodes? I don't understand where this %40 is coming from.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote:

Do you have any samples for the current gear drop rate on fleet nodes? I don't understand where this %40 is coming from.

I have never farmed gear from fleet nodes. I was just responding based on the assumptions of the person I was quoting, who seemed to only be looking at the reduced drop rate and ignoring the increased energy that will likely largely compensate for the drop rate reduction.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options

They're lowering the drop rate but doubling the amount of energy you get and halving the cost of energy refreshes. How those interact depends strongly on how much they change the drop rate, but I sincerely doubt it will be worse than breaking energy. And they're halving the cost of that same gear from shipments and the shard shop.

This is not going to make scanners and medpacs more of a bottleneck.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    It’s a superb change.

Sadly, the forum doom-and-gloomers will fixated on the removal of gear from normal fleet nodes.

Which is crazy.

I love it the change personally. The only gloom and doom I'll add is the change is temporary and may not stay
  • DarthJarX2
    95 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    First of all, F yeah for cheaper ship energy!
    Second, aww nuts on the removal of the gear everyone needs. It's like handing me an ice cream cone, then punching my arm to see if I drop it. This gets a 5/10
  • Options
    I know the items being removed are important for the GL12+ items, and its a blow to lose a easy stun gun and stun cuff farm from fleet, but 2 of the items are the gold salvage that is purchasable for 375crystals (for 25). With the increased energy and lower cost to purchase more I know i can finish off Sith fighter and B1 as well as farm gl12+ items that i can't seam to get from the HSTR. Have 100's of some and nothing of the others. I like the changes and look forward to improving my teams for the GTB with the new ways to farm
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    Options
    I’m really hoping this next update will bring a much need increase to the challenge levels making the mace challenge actually useful that would make the removal of pieces and not giving those much needed prices a set spot in the stores hurt a bit less
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    EDIT: Removed some of my more direct language and will just make this observation and people can take it as they will:

Now the only place to farm stun guns and carbantis with free energy is also the only place to farm kyros and finishers.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Options

[*] Ship Energy now follows the refresh rate and crystal cost of regular Energy

Best thing I've heard in weeks!
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    Options

If memory serves the normal energy refreshes 1 pt every 6 minutes and the Ship energy is 1 pt every 15 minutes. So I could easily see a 2x to 2.5x drop rate increase on ship nodes as compared to regular nodes based simply off the energy refresh limit. So that's is the long way of me saying a drop rate of 40% on ship nodes is not an unreasonable expectation given normal energy is 20% drop rates

Ship is 1 pt every 12 minutes right now, half the rate of normal.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Super, except you still have not addressed the pre g12 crunch on things like stun guns.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Not happy with the fleet change

I was using it as my primary source of stun guns and it looks like the bottleneck was reduced for a lot of people hence this change

First time they decided to reduce gear for a silly reason like “we don’t want you to farm gear from this place”

Will you guys play my game for me too???

This is such a ridiculous reason to remove gear

Are you serious? I agree with this, but it is so unlike you to say.
    Aren't you afraid of losing the paycheck?

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Super, except you still have not addressed the pre g12 crunch on things like stun guns.

Yes they did. They made it worse.
  • Options
    Though I havent been nor will I be farming gear from the fleet nodes (still plenty of characters/ships to farm), I'm in the camp of annoyance when it comes to losing a stun gun farming location. I can only hope that this is a sign that another level to the mace challenge is coming that includes mrk 5 stun guns... 🤔 maybe? Please?
  • Merired
    12 posts Member
    Options
    So makes it easier to gear toons that are already g12, while making it much harder to getting them to g12. Not helpful at all.
    I use normal energy to farm kyros (you know, the g12 finisher), fleet energy is left for stun guns. HSTR provides a steady supply of g12 and g12+.
  • Options
    What another idea could be to add more challenging challenges. Include some of the old annoying farms, stun guns, stun cuffs, carbs etc

Stun guns and carbanti are needed more than ever. It seems that with every new character you need another 300 carbanti and probably 150 stun guns by default, yet there has been little to no change in the past year or so in regards to acquiring them. Outside RNG based raid, TW and TB rewards.

The alleged 7 max carbanti rewards has never been observed by me. I think the challenges need a set amount each time. Like you have done with the zeta mats on the ship challenges.

If the rumour of level 90 is true we will need more credits etc so I think adding extra tiers to challenges will help (maybe 2 or 3 more tiers, to account for the advances in gear level since they were last introduced)
  • Kmyre
    30 posts Member
    Options
    I’m addition to what has already been stated, I have one small gripe. This will give people who have hoarded shard shop currency (or those with more complete rosters, hence better income) advantage over others. This will - albeit slightly - further increase the gap between veterans and newer players and will make catching up to well established players even harder.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Mk 6 Medpak (G12): 52/163 31.9%

Mk 8 Scanner (G12): 55/188 29.3%

Mk 4 Bacta Gel: 110/356 30.9%

Mk 7 Biotech: 39/100 39% (I have fewer results for these than the Mk8 Scanner because I started recording my results mid way)

Mk 5 Stun Gun: 30/85 35.3%

Mk 2 Bacta Gel (20 salvage): 126/356 35.4%

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8y919q/fleet_battles_drop_rates_results_from_791_sims/

Later 3 items are going away from fleet nodes. First 3 seems to be closing towards %30. New effective rate will be the equivalent of %40 due to doubling of energy and halving of refill costs.

So this is around %40-50 net increase on the drop rates of items that remain.
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Mk 7 Biotech: 39/100 39% (I have fewer results for these than the Mk8 Scanner because I started recording my results mid way)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8y919q/fleet_battles_drop_rates_results_from_791_sims/

Later 3 items are going away from fleet nodes. First 3 seems to be closing towards %30. New effective rate will be the equivalent of %40 due to doubling of energy and halving of refill costs.

They said they're lowering the rate on fleet gear to match normal gear though.

Also a result like 30/85 is not statistically relevant. Too small of a sample size.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Old gear 13 is already cheap and easy to get. Unless it needs Cuffs, Carbanti or Stun Guns. Assuming you get past the G7-G12 bottleneck. They need their crystal cost lowered.
  • Options

That whole sample set taken together is right on 33% which is what I’d always figured the rate was on gear from fleet nodes. I believe they’re saying they’ll bring it into alignment with the normal nodes, or ~20%.

So with twice the energy, we should still see more gear inflow than before (effectively 2x20%=40% vs 33%).

That’s cool.

All that said, I’m bummed to lose a stun gun farm spot, which I have used in the past even if I’m not now. I don’t agree with the differentiation in saying “this is only a g12 farm spot” especially since stun guns are also required for some of that gear...