• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Mk 6 Medpak (G12): 52/163 31.9%

Mk 8 Scanner (G12): 55/188 29.3%

Mk 4 Bacta Gel: 110/356 30.9%

Mk 7 Biotech: 39/100 39% (I have fewer results for these than the Mk8 Scanner because I started recording my results mid way)

Mk 5 Stun Gun: 30/85 35.3%

Mk 2 Bacta Gel (20 salvage): 126/356 35.4%

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8y919q/fleet_battles_drop_rates_results_from_791_sims/

Later 3 items are going away from fleet nodes. First 3 seems to be closing towards %30. New effective rate will be the equivalent of %40 due to doubling of energy and halving of refill costs.

So this is around %40-50 net increase on the drop rates of items that remain.

They said they're lowering the rate on fleet gear to match normal gear though.

Also a result like 30/85 is not statistically relevant. Too small of a sample size.

I know that, %20 on upcoming rates corresponds to %40 of now. I bet there are other farming samples if one makes a reddit search, can't be bothered to find more as this is convincing enough for me. Things like %30-%40 chance of happening doesn't need thousands of samples to be in the ballpark of the real rate.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Mk 7 Biotech: 39/100 39% (I have fewer results for these than the Mk8 Scanner because I started recording my results mid way)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8y919q/fleet_battles_drop_rates_results_from_791_sims/

Later 3 items are going away from fleet nodes. First 3 seems to be closing towards %30. New effective rate will be the equivalent of %40 due to doubling of energy and halving of refill costs.

That whole sample set taken together is right on 33% which is what I’d always figured the rate was on gear from fleet nodes. I believe they’re saying they’ll bring it into alignment with the normal nodes, or ~20%.

So with twice the energy, we should still see more gear inflow than before (effectively 2x20%=40% vs 33%).

That’s cool.

All that said, I’m bummed to lose a stun gun farm spot, which I have used in the past even if I’m not now. I don’t agree with the differentiation in saying “this is only a g12 farm spot” especially since stun guns are also required for some of that gear...

CGs idea here is rather obvious. It's a loss on lower gear farming, it's a gain on high end gear farming. Unless you are buying numerous shipments with crystals and with value over their faming values you just need to spread your farming over these as you will be bottlenecked both with old pieces that are in g12+ and new ones. 50 and 100 crystals are the value spot. I doubt any f2p, low spenders goes beyond those on refills and if one does then shipment buying provides better value than the 200 crystal refills. Only thing this change restricts is focused farming of one gear only (i.e. stun gun) and CG evidently doesn't want to make those bottlenecks burn any faster.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options

Also a result like 30/85 is not statistically relevant. Too small of a sample size.

I know that, %20 on upcoming rates corresponds to %40 of now. I bet there are other farming samples if one makes a reddit search, can't be bothered to find more as this is convincing enough for me. Things like %30-%40 chance of happening doesn't need thousands of samples to be in the ballpark of the real rate.

First point: You said it's a net increase on the drop rates. It's not. If they double our energy and halve the drop rate, it's a net zero change.

Second point (or question): How many samples are required to be in the ballpark of the real rate?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

First point: You said it's a net increase on the drop rates. It's not. If they double our energy and halve the drop rate, it's a net zero change.

Second point (or question): How many samples are required to be in the ballpark of the real rate?

It's not a %40 on g12+ on like medpacs currently, it's an increase from something close to %30. If it's %30, that's a whopping %33.3 increase. And the 3 gear that seems to have higher rates are a goner.

I'm not a statistician, I don't want to calculate what's the error threshold of 30/85 is, I bet it's as close as %1-2 to the real rate.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Some more samples, 28.6% drop rate, all on new piece nodes:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/92pmkv/587_fleet_battles_drop_rates/
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options

It's not a %40 on g12+ on like medpacs currently

No one knows. I don't think the sample sizes presented are enough to know. And with that I move on.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

No one knows. I don't think the sample sizes presented are enough to know. And with that I move on.

Noone will ever know any of the drop rates as CG will never announce them, so we should remain clueless what they should be, yet we aren't.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options

Noone will ever know any of the drop rates as CG will never announce them, so we should remain clueless what they should be, yet we aren't.

Because of 1000s of samples, not 100s.

(and yes I said I was moving on)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Because of 1000s of samples, not 100s.

(and yes I said I was moving on)

Assumption: g12+ piece drop rates doesn't differ in between nodes.

If you are ok with the assumption first topic brings 707 samples, 2nd 587; a total of 1294 samples. 385 pieces (g12+) dropped for it combined= %29.7. Make of that what you will.
  • Options
    I think the key thing everyone is missing is:
    There are a lot of changes going on below, and these changes are currently set to be temporary. Depending on how this helps the inflow of Gear 12 will determine which (if any) of the below changes we will keep.
    Lemme translate; "We're going to wait until you forgotten that we removed Stun guns, Stun Cuffs, Carbs, and Medpacs from fleet nodes and then roll back or nerf the fleet node G12 changes without replacing the gear we removed, and emphatically remind you we said it was temporary.
  • Options
    If you think any of these changes were made to make things "easier" for you to gear characters, then you haven't been paying attention.
  • Options
    If you think any of these changes were made to make things "easier" for you to gear characters, then you haven't been paying attention.

^^^This.... Also I think this will continue to strangle the supply lines of the MK5 and MK8 gear we really need while turning other pieces into the MKIV stun gun.... you know the piece that you have thousands of; coupled with the fact that, now the only useable energy to farm Stun guns will be normal energy... Some of these changes are needed, but the removal of gear is never needed.
  • Options
    There is no place in the game where a full stun gun drops as a reward. I wish instead of tripling down on these gear pieces there were new bottlenecks at each tier.

G8-g13 can be excruciating- and I know that’s the point - to make it so difficult you say effff it and purchase. But it’s too much. And it’s my hope to give so much feedback about it that they do what they did with cuffs.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    love love love this change.... It'd be perfect if the gear WASN'T removed from Fleet Energy nodes, but if those specific pieces are to go... I'd LOVE to see those Sith Raid exclusive gear pieces put on those Fleet energy nodes.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Travesty wrote: »
    There are a lot of changes going on below, and these changes are currently set to be temporary. Depending on how this helps the inflow of Gear 12 will determine which (if any) of the below changes we will keep.
    Lemme translate; "We're going to wait until you forgotten that we removed Stun guns, Stun Cuffs, Carbs, and Medpacs from fleet nodes and then roll back or nerf the fleet node G12 changes without replacing the gear we removed, and emphatically remind you we said it was temporary.
    Thats a good shout out

I think they are going to see the inflow of g12+ toons and whether it meets their target criteria or else it’s some sort of nerf
  • Options
    You need to bring balance to the game. The FTP lightside and the Krakens/whales of the dark side.

People are less likely to open their wallets to gear an entire squad, now if it was just 1 member of said squad people may be more inclined to do pay. Is it really worth alienating all the FTP players in favour of the people who pay? I get that they are what keeps the game going but not addressing earlier gear walls for ftp players they aren't likely to pay later on because they can't get to g12 reliably enough.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Options
    Gazza1988 wrote: »
    You need to bring balance to the game. The FTP lightside and the Krakens/whales of the dark side.

People are less likely to open their wallets to gear an entire squad, now if it was just 1 member of said squad people may be more inclined to do pay. Is it really worth alienating all the FTP players in favour of the people who pay? I get that they are what keeps the game going but not addressing earlier gear walls for ftp players they aren't likely to pay later on because they can't get to g12 reliably enough.

Honestly, so much of what CG does nerfs their ability to earn. They're hyperfocused at the top of spenders now at the expense of the health of the game.
  • Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Gazza1988 wrote: »

Honestly, so much of what CG does nerfs their ability to earn. They're hyperfocused at the top of spenders now at the expense of the health of the game.

I think that’s because they had a down month, malak, those good deal packs, g13 I think improved that.

Maybe adding guns to guild store , where they aren’t a rare spawn, would help.
  • Options
    Travesty wrote: »

Yeah...this sounds about right...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Got it calculated for the combined samples of those 2 topics. Margin of error is %2.8 (of the %29.7, not %100) so it's %0.83 close to the real droprate.
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Was hoping that the update that came was it, but sadly not, just GAC fixes, it is energy day, so guess was too much to expect :)
  • Wacka
    22 posts Member
    Options
    To be clear, I read this:
    Ship Energy now follows the refresh rate and crystal cost of regular Energy
    to mean that it will cost fewer crystals to refresh ship energy.

I did not take it to mean that we will be given more ship energy during the day. Perhaps I misunderstood, as others in this thread seem to read that as indicative of both (reduced refresh cost and more energy). I still equate "refresh rate and crystal cost" as having to do with rate at which you can refresh energy, not the rate at which we earn energy, however.
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    Options
    Wow so they announce what they did good with cheapening the price but not what was removed... shady
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    Wow so they announce what they did good with cheapening the price but not what was removed... shady

All covered here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/209271/gear-12-farming-changes#latest
  • Wacka
    22 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

I thought they were very clear about what they were going to remove:
    We removed the following pieces of gear from normal Fleet Battles nodes:
    * Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage
    * Mk 8 BioTech Implant Component
    * Mk 5 Athakam Medpac Component
    * Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage
    * Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage

...just not in the in-game message for whatever reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Possum
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Wacka wrote: »

They know that most people, after reading the in-game message, will not come to the forums for the rest of the story.
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    Options
    Wacka wrote: »

It’s clear if you read the forum which most players don’t they left it out of both the mailbox and news letter saying non gear 12 pieces if they had nothing to fear they shouldn’t deceive. The majority of the player base will not know that they have with one hand and toon with the other. This decision in no way helps the player base this hurts it and not making that point clear is unethical.
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    Options

All covered here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/209271/gear-12-farming-changes#latest

Yes it covers it for forum users not for the vast majority of the player base who doesn’t visit the forums... it’s purely unethical and deceptive to not tell the whole story to your customers.
  • Options
    g12+ in shardshop don't seems to be cheaper, looks like it costs double, but ok it climbs from 2 gear units to 4 gear units, so the price pêr unit is just the same than before but the quantitiy of material doubled and the price followed...
    2 pieces for 180 or 4 pieces for 360... still 90 per unit... it's not cheaper