Kit Reveal: Vulture Droid

Prev1
fssyrqlfeld6.jpg

UNIT NAME: Vulture Droid
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Separatist, Droid, Attacker
Persistent Separatist Attacker that inflicts Buzz Droids and is replaced when defeated

ABILITIES:

Basic: Unrelenting Attack
5mqw0h5w2zt6.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target was debuffed, this attack has +25% Critical Damage. This attack does not remove Buzz Droids.

Special 1: Discord Missile (Cooldown 3)
kgrfiqikywh7.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Buff Immunity for 2 turns and 3 Buzz Droids. Buzz Droids can’t be copied or resisted.

Buzz Droids: -50% Defense and lose 5% Health at start of turn with at least 1 Buzz Droid (max 3); lose 1 Buzz Droid when taking damage from an attack or a Concussion Mine

Unique 1: Swarming Terror
FINAL TEXT: When another Separatist or Droid ally uses an ability during their turn, the Vulture Droid is called to assist if the target enemy has Buzz Droids. At the start of each enemy’s turn, if they have at least 1 Buzz Droid, the Buzz Droids reset to 3. At the end of each turn, if an enemy's Buzz Droids were dispelled, inflict Ability Block on that enemy for 1 turn, which can't be resisted.

When this Vulture Droid is defeated, it summons another Vulture Droid if the allied Capital Ship is Separatist and there is an allied combatant

Hardware: Buzz Droid Barrage
FINAL TEXT: Inflict 1 Buzz Droid on all enemies and Blind them for 2 turns. Additionally, call a random Droid ally to assist.

Replies

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited August 2019
    When this Vulture Droid is defeated, it summons another Vulture Droid if the allied Capital Ship is Separatist and there is an allied combatant
    Wow

EDIT: Can't wait for defense to not hold anymore since the AI will target Vulture droid when it shouldn't

I can see why the buzz droid effect is changed for the player vs the one in Geo TB. The Buzz Droid debuff effect is very cool in TB so I hope we see that available sometime soon

Is it going to be a marquee or Galactic Chase release?
  • They might as well just announce the Malevolence already.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    (...) if the allied Capital Ship is Separatist (...)

Just release it :-)
  • Q: Why did we create this ship now?
    A: While we have only a small number of Separatist ships in the game right now, the Vulture Droid could be the genesis for a potential Separatist fleet in the future

Cool, but we needs it now lol
  • pilot?
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    pilot?

No pilot. But don’t get used to that. This looks like it’s a one time thing
  • They launch a ship who works with a separatist Capital ship who dont exist yet LOL
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Am super excited for new ships! Also nice to see IG88 will have a reason to be used!
  • More Droids is always good 👍
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    icanectc wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Am super excited for new ships! Also nice to see IG88 will have a reason to be used!

Now you're just being funny right there.

He assists on Droid ally attacks and calls droid allies to assist. Not being funny. :)
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    So Vulture Droid gets one extra life (mentioned in the Developers Insight) and I don't have to spend any resources to gear it up. In the words of Young Han Solo, "I have a good feeling about this."
  • cerØ_kurn
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Is it only one extra life? Or is it basically a revive if there are other allies?

Also, is "hardware" a new thing?
  • I'm guessing hardware is the reinforcement text but I could be wrong.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    cerØ_kurn wrote: »
    Hardware was a ships feature that they changed to Reinforcement abilities. Buzz Droid Barrage ability should be Vulture Droid's reinforcement ability
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Finally, some ship love....just need a lot more of it!
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    For the sake of newer players, I hope this is actually released as a Marquee event. The last two non-store ships were both released Galactic Chase which is great for players with crystal reserves, but is horrible for players just starting ships. This would be a great opportunity to give newer players a neat ship that doesn't require heavy gear investment for fleet usage.

They've already teased it twice now so they've already told us it's coming. It's just a question of when, not if.
  • I would definitely like to know when / how the malevolence will be released — as to know to whale out on this ship or not ...

Also, I read the text about summoning another ship when destroyed as ambiguous: “this” ship as in the original and thus only one summon; or “this” ship this class of ship.

The endless summons would follow suit of having a command of a legion of separatist forces... so it fits ?

I’m pretty excited for this news

^ This. So obvious it’s sick. 😏
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ

^ This. So obvious it’s sick. 😏
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • cerØ_kurn wrote: »

I'm guessing hardware is the reinforcement text but I could be wrong.
    Ultra wrote: »
    cerØ_kurn wrote: »
    Hardware was a ships feature that they changed to Reinforcement abilities. Buzz Droid Barrage ability should be Vulture Droid's reinforcement ability

Yep, "hardware" had been a placeholder ~"coming soon" feature but morphed to Reinforcements with Ships 2.0, https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/170333/ships-2-0-an-introduction-to-reinforcements. It's curious that that wording lasted this long, some 14 months, and escaped any recent review. It suggests some degree of long-term plans with ships, perhaps (that is, Vulture's been planned for quite a while), and may shed some insight to turnaround time from conception to execution.

Anyway, here's to hoping for more ships content, be it Fleet Battles (e.g., more than 3 or 5 ships per side), some form of Ship Raid (blended with ground troops if need be), or ???
  • I would definitely like to know when / how the malevolence will be released — as to know to whale out on this ship or not ...

Also, I read the text about summoning another ship when destroyed as ambiguous: “this” ship as in the original and thus only one summon; or “this” ship this class of ship.

The endless summons would follow suit of having a command of a legion of separatist forces... so it fits ?

The way they specify an allied unit needing to be present makes me think unlimited vulture droids, like a ns zombie effect for ships. That'd be cool
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    pilot?

No pilot. But don’t get used to that. This looks like it’s a one time thing

Actually the Dev Insights thread mentions it may be used for other factions too.

emoore123 wrote: »
    I would definitely like to know when / how the malevolence will be released — as to know to whale out on this ship or not ...

The way they specify an allied unit needing to be present makes me think unlimited vulture droids, like a ns zombie effect for ships. That'd be cool

The Dev Insights refers to it as "a second" ship, so I don't think that would be Zombie style unlimited.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/210676/developer-insights-vulture-droid#latest

• PS. A ship that doesn't require gear. /heart flutters!!!

I really hope this thing is farmable or marquee.

• I read it as a NS Zombie type effect as well. You have to kill it last otherwise it just keeps summoning a new one every time you kill it.
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    As I mentioned before, it has the equivalent power to a single crewed ship, but it can summon a second Vulture Droid as a backup when defeated.

From the Developer Insights… seems to suggest it could be a one time only.

• Not needed at all
  • For someone that isn’t really invested in ships. This can really help. Can’t wait to test the beast of a droid out!!