Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have tried ls all day long. I have all g12 and fully zetaed except for big z who is zetaed but 2 peices short of g11. I put arena mods on everyone else I have watched several strategy videos. I just don't get it. Every single time I get Malak in the red he drains big z dead even if z had full health. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen.

    How many stacks of armor shred do you get on malak before going for the kill. I recommend at least 4 or 5. Make sure zalbar is modded for crit chance since he has to crit for it to land.

    Kill droids whenever they are available to keep enrage at bay and just rake your time and get 5 stacks. Then finish the jedi off. Avoid attacking malak other than the armor shred and you can kill all but one jedi before malak absorbs them.

    But that is at g11 zalbar and g12 with everyone else. You may just need more gear
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have tried ls all day long. I have all g12 and fully zetaed except for big z who is zetaed but 2 peices short of g11. I put arena mods on everyone else I have watched several strategy videos. I just don't get it. Every single time I get Malak in the red he drains big z dead even if z had full health. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen.
    Read the ability description.

    It's a percent damage effect. If you don't have protection, you are going to die.

    Also he only starts using that on you if the jedi are dead so make sure the armor shred is stacked before you kill the last one. Then you can win even if zalbar dies.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have tried ls all day long. I have all g12 and fully zetaed except for big z who is zetaed but 2 peices short of g11. I put arena mods on everyone else I have watched several strategy videos. I just don't get it. Every single time I get Malak in the red he drains big z dead even if z had full health. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen.

    How many stacks of armor shred do you get on malak before going for the kill. I recommend at least 4 or 5. Make sure zalbar is modded for crit chance since he has to crit for it to land.

    Kill droids whenever they are available to keep enrage at bay and just rake your time and get 5 stacks. Then finish the jedi off. Avoid attacking malak other than the armor shred and you can kill all but one jedi before malak absorbs them.

    But that is at g11 zalbar and g12 with everyone else. You may just need more gear

    Big Z and Mission were both G11 when I did it. Keep calm, only attack Malak to Armor Shred, do not use AoE attacks, keep killing droids while waiting for Armor Shred to be ready again until you have 5 stacks... slaughter Malak, laugh.
    ku32cw6dyy4a.png
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have tried ls all day long. I have all g12 and fully zetaed except for big z who is zetaed but 2 peices short of g11. I put arena mods on everyone else I have watched several strategy videos. I just don't get it. Every single time I get Malak in the red he drains big z dead even if z had full health. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen.

    How many stacks of armor shred do you get on malak before going for the kill. I recommend at least 4 or 5. Make sure zalbar is modded for crit chance since he has to crit for it to land.

    Kill droids whenever they are available to keep enrage at bay and just rake your time and get 5 stacks. Then finish the jedi off. Avoid attacking malak other than the armor shred and you can kill all but one jedi before malak absorbs them.

    But that is at g11 zalbar and g12 with everyone else. You may just need more gear

    Big Z and Mission were both G11 when I did it. Keep calm, only attack Malak to Armor Shred, do not use AoE attacks, keep killing droids while waiting for Armor Shred to be ready again until you have 5 stacks... slaughter Malak, laugh.
    ku32cw6dyy4a.png

    Not sure why you replied to me rather than the person asking for help. I already beat it. Hence why I was offering advice.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Do you read anything I ever write?
    I’m prepared. I’ll get Malak tonight. I’m not worried about Malak.

    The first time they released him they gave just over a days notice. Then it ran over the weekend and that was that.

    Now they did it again. Starting a trend of little to no notice about an event either returning or beginning for the first time.

    If youre ok with this being the new norm then have fun with it. However, I choose to speak up for it being terrible business even when it doesn’t affect me.
    It's the abstract "you" laying out the structure of the situation.

    I'm well aware that what you're doing is just whining.

    So expecting fair notice and proper practices of CG is...whining...sigh...your condescending attitude and serious lack of a broader view on any topic really is astounding.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So expecting fair notice and proper practices of CG is...whining...sigh...your condescending attitude and serious lack of a broader view on any topic really is astounding.
    "Fair notice?"

    You got the same notice as everyone else. That is the very definition of fair. And that notice was four months. Then two and a half weeks. Then two weeks. Ain't like they haven't been dropping hints.

    But this game ain't about days. It's about months. Whether or not you get Malak isn't dependent on what you do in whatever window from announcement to end of event. It's about what you've done over the last four months. Whether it's a one day announcement or a one week announcement for the second running is literally irrelevant; we've known this is coming. You're either prepared or you're not. And if anyone who misses Malak because they were putting things off until the announcement aren't going to miss Malak because CG wasn't "fair." It's because of poor planning and poor prep.

    And that is the broader view, even when we take into account your imagined future events. The announcement window for the second running of an event is literally irrelevant; you are just whining.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have tried ls all day long. I have all g12 and fully zetaed except for big z who is zetaed but 2 peices short of g11. I put arena mods on everyone else I have watched several strategy videos. I just don't get it. Every single time I get Malak in the red he drains big z dead even if z had full health. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen.
    Read the ability description.

    It's a percent damage effect. If you don't have protection, you are going to die.

    So as long as big z has protection malaks drain won't kill him?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have tried ls all day long. I have all g12 and fully zetaed except for big z who is zetaed but 2 peices short of g11. I put arena mods on everyone else I have watched several strategy videos. I just don't get it. Every single time I get Malak in the red he drains big z dead even if z had full health. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen.
    Read the ability description.

    It's a percent damage effect. If you don't have protection, you are going to die.

    So as long as big z has protection malaks drain won't kill him?

    Drain life does 100% of max health. If you have a full health bar and some protection on top of it, it won't kill you. There are circumstances where it's possible to be missing health and also have some protection, and in that case if the total is less than max health you will still die. But in general yes.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have tried ls all day long. I have all g12 and fully zetaed except for big z who is zetaed but 2 peices short of g11. I put arena mods on everyone else I have watched several strategy videos. I just don't get it. Every single time I get Malak in the red he drains big z dead even if z had full health. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen.

    How many stacks of armor shred do you get on malak before going for the kill. I recommend at least 4 or 5. Make sure zalbar is modded for crit chance since he has to crit for it to land.

    Kill droids whenever they are available to keep enrage at bay and just rake your time and get 5 stacks. Then finish the jedi off. Avoid attacking malak other than the armor shred and you can kill all but one jedi before malak absorbs them.

    But that is at g11 zalbar and g12 with everyone else. You may just need more gear

    Big Z and Mission were both G11 when I did it. Keep calm, only attack Malak to Armor Shred, do not use AoE attacks, keep killing droids while waiting for Armor Shred to be ready again until you have 5 stacks... slaughter Malak, laugh.
    ku32cw6dyy4a.png

    Not sure why you replied to me rather than the person asking for help. I already beat it. Hence why I was offering advice.

    I wasn't replying TO you, I was QUOTING you to use your "g11 zalbar and g12 with everyone else. You may just need more gear" as a starting point for my further point, which was that more gear is not required.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So expecting fair notice and proper practices of CG is...whining...sigh...your condescending attitude and serious lack of a broader view on any topic really is astounding.
    "Fair notice?"

    You got the same notice as everyone else. That is the very definition of fair. And that notice was four months. Then two and a half weeks. Then two weeks. Ain't like they haven't been dropping hints.

    But this game ain't about days. It's about months. Whether or not you get Malak isn't dependent on what you do in whatever window from announcement to end of event. It's about what you've done over the last four months. Whether it's a one day announcement or a one week announcement for the second running is literally irrelevant; we've known this is coming. You're either prepared or you're not. And if anyone who misses Malak because they were putting things off until the announcement aren't going to miss Malak because CG wasn't "fair." It's because of poor planning and poor prep.

    And that is the broader view, even when we take into account your imagined future events. The announcement window for the second running of an event is literally irrelevant; you are just whining.

    It’s actually not irrelevant. With all the required teams, new reworks, new characters and gear reqs for endgame content, gear and Zeta mats are more precious than they were at Malaks first release. Geo TB requiring the strengthening quite a few squads to make them able to compete, not to mention the return of padme and her reqs and subsequent gearing up for future lightside Geo TB with the required lightside toons.

    That’s the issue, and TVF and DarkHelmet actually understand how a few extra days would make a difference to a lot of players.

    “Soon”, isn’t a “oh it’s two weeks from now” hint. Soon is a broad and extensive term of time that could be days, weeks or months, depending on the person using the term.

    A few extra days saves people from using precious stun guns, carbs, stun cuff, Zeta mats, etc. on toons that could be spent to strengthen your OR toons for this event.

    Spin it how you want Viz, expecting proper notice from CG isn’t whining. It’s expecting proper communication with ALL of the community. If you don’t want to accept that a few extra days would’ve actually helped out far more players than it would’ve hurt (zero mind you), then idk what else there is to discuss. You think a days notice is ok; I don’t think that’s alright.

    I got my Malak and have him 6 stars already since last night just waiting for refreshes. 1 day notice or a weeks notice. Doesn’t mean others did and could’ve gotten if they only had a couple more days to get the necessary gear that they just spent on their separatist droids for the good of their guild.
  • TVF
    28832 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So expecting fair notice and proper practices of CG is...whining...sigh...your condescending attitude and serious lack of a broader view on any topic really is astounding.
    "Fair notice?"

    You got the same notice as everyone else. That is the very definition of fair. And that notice was four months. Then two and a half weeks. Then two weeks. Ain't like they haven't been dropping hints.

    But this game ain't about days. It's about months. Whether or not you get Malak isn't dependent on what you do in whatever window from announcement to end of event. It's about what you've done over the last four months. Whether it's a one day announcement or a one week announcement for the second running is literally irrelevant; we've known this is coming. You're either prepared or you're not. And if anyone who misses Malak because they were putting things off until the announcement aren't going to miss Malak because CG wasn't "fair." It's because of poor planning and poor prep.

    And that is the broader view, even when we take into account your imagined future events. The announcement window for the second running of an event is literally irrelevant; you are just whining.

    It’s actually not irrelevant. With all the required teams, new reworks, new characters and gear reqs for endgame content, gear and Zeta mats are more precious than they were at Malaks first release. Geo TB requiring the strengthening quite a few squads to make them able to compete, not to mention the return of padme and her reqs and subsequent gearing up for future lightside Geo TB with the required lightside toons.

    That’s the issue, and TVF and DarkHelmet actually understand how a few extra days would make a difference to a lot of players.

    Are you thinking of someone else? I'm of the opinion that the notice doesn't matter for a return event, because you had months of notice.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So expecting fair notice and proper practices of CG is...whining...sigh...your condescending attitude and serious lack of a broader view on any topic really is astounding.
    "Fair notice?"

    You got the same notice as everyone else. That is the very definition of fair. And that notice was four months. Then two and a half weeks. Then two weeks. Ain't like they haven't been dropping hints.

    But this game ain't about days. It's about months. Whether or not you get Malak isn't dependent on what you do in whatever window from announcement to end of event. It's about what you've done over the last four months. Whether it's a one day announcement or a one week announcement for the second running is literally irrelevant; we've known this is coming. You're either prepared or you're not. And if anyone who misses Malak because they were putting things off until the announcement aren't going to miss Malak because CG wasn't "fair." It's because of poor planning and poor prep.

    And that is the broader view, even when we take into account your imagined future events. The announcement window for the second running of an event is literally irrelevant; you are just whining.

    It’s actually not irrelevant. With all the required teams, new reworks, new characters and gear reqs for endgame content, gear and Zeta mats are more precious than they were at Malaks first release. Geo TB requiring the strengthening quite a few squads to make them able to compete, not to mention the return of padme and her reqs and subsequent gearing up for future lightside Geo TB with the required lightside toons.

    That’s the issue, and TVF and DarkHelmet actually understand how a few extra days would make a difference to a lot of players.

    Are you thinking of someone else? I'm of the opinion that the notice doesn't matter for a return event, because you had months of notice.

    More along the lines of being empathetic to the idea of a few more days notice would help.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have tried ls all day long. I have all g12 and fully zetaed except for big z who is zetaed but 2 peices short of g11. I put arena mods on everyone else I have watched several strategy videos. I just don't get it. Every single time I get Malak in the red he drains big z dead even if z had full health. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen.

    How many stacks of armor shred do you get on malak before going for the kill. I recommend at least 4 or 5. Make sure zalbar is modded for crit chance since he has to crit for it to land.

    Kill droids whenever they are available to keep enrage at bay and just rake your time and get 5 stacks. Then finish the jedi off. Avoid attacking malak other than the armor shred and you can kill all but one jedi before malak absorbs them.

    But that is at g11 zalbar and g12 with everyone else. You may just need more gear

    Big Z and Mission were both G11 when I did it. Keep calm, only attack Malak to Armor Shred, do not use AoE attacks, keep killing droids while waiting for Armor Shred to be ready again until you have 5 stacks... slaughter Malak, laugh.
    ku32cw6dyy4a.png

    Not sure why you replied to me rather than the person asking for help. I already beat it. Hence why I was offering advice.

    I wasn't replying TO you, I was QUOTING you to use your "g11 zalbar and g12 with everyone else. You may just need more gear" as a starting point for my further point, which was that more gear is not required.

    Fair enough. Though at g10 if zalbar is too squishy, he coukd die before getting enough armor shred. So g11 may be a minimum requirement.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So expecting fair notice and proper practices of CG is...whining...sigh...your condescending attitude and serious lack of a broader view on any topic really is astounding.
    "Fair notice?"

    You got the same notice as everyone else. That is the very definition of fair. And that notice was four months. Then two and a half weeks. Then two weeks. Ain't like they haven't been dropping hints.

    But this game ain't about days. It's about months. Whether or not you get Malak isn't dependent on what you do in whatever window from announcement to end of event. It's about what you've done over the last four months. Whether it's a one day announcement or a one week announcement for the second running is literally irrelevant; we've known this is coming. You're either prepared or you're not. And if anyone who misses Malak because they were putting things off until the announcement aren't going to miss Malak because CG wasn't "fair." It's because of poor planning and poor prep.

    And that is the broader view, even when we take into account your imagined future events. The announcement window for the second running of an event is literally irrelevant; you are just whining.

    It’s actually not irrelevant. With all the required teams, new reworks, new characters and gear reqs for endgame content, gear and Zeta mats are more precious than they were at Malaks first release. Geo TB requiring the strengthening quite a few squads to make them able to compete, not to mention the return of padme and her reqs and subsequent gearing up for future lightside Geo TB with the required lightside toons.

    That’s the issue, and TVF and DarkHelmet actually understand how a few extra days would make a difference to a lot of players.

    “Soon”, isn’t a “oh it’s two weeks from now” hint. Soon is a broad and extensive term of time that could be days, weeks or months, depending on the person using the term.

    A few extra days saves people from using precious stun guns, carbs, stun cuff, Zeta mats, etc. on toons that could be spent to strengthen your OR toons for this event.

    Spin it how you want Viz, expecting proper notice from CG isn’t whining. It’s expecting proper communication with ALL of the community. If you don’t want to accept that a few extra days would’ve actually helped out far more players than it would’ve hurt (zero mind you), then idk what else there is to discuss. You think a days notice is ok; I don’t think that’s alright.

    I got my Malak and have him 6 stars already since last night just waiting for refreshes. 1 day notice or a weeks notice. Doesn’t mean others did and could’ve gotten if they only had a couple more days to get the necessary gear that they just spent on their separatist droids for the good of their guild.

    I think it makes more difference on first runs of events. A weeks notice is much better than a day.

    On recurring events it matters a lot less. If a hypothetical player decides to gear something else when it's been two months since the last malak, that's a risk they choose to take. And really isn't good for the guild as there is at least a chance they miss malak. Now right after the event, it is generally safe since you know you have several weeks.

    But I still go with the be ready for big characters as soon as possible so you don't have to worry about it.

    I'm actually more upset that gmy is late than the one day notice for malak. Thrawn has come twice and gmy hasn't returned in about 3 and a half months. Annoying waiting that long on my alt account.
  • I've unlocked Malak on first try. took me 20 minutes only.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have tried ls all day long. I have all g12 and fully zetaed except for big z who is zetaed but 2 peices short of g11. I put arena mods on everyone else I have watched several strategy videos. I just don't get it. Every single time I get Malak in the red he drains big z dead even if z had full health. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen.

    How many stacks of armor shred do you get on malak before going for the kill. I recommend at least 4 or 5. Make sure zalbar is modded for crit chance since he has to crit for it to land.

    Kill droids whenever they are available to keep enrage at bay and just rake your time and get 5 stacks. Then finish the jedi off. Avoid attacking malak other than the armor shred and you can kill all but one jedi before malak absorbs them.

    But that is at g11 zalbar and g12 with everyone else. You may just need more gear

    Big Z and Mission were both G11 when I did it. Keep calm, only attack Malak to Armor Shred, do not use AoE attacks, keep killing droids while waiting for Armor Shred to be ready again until you have 5 stacks... slaughter Malak, laugh.
    ku32cw6dyy4a.png

    Not sure why you replied to me rather than the person asking for help. I already beat it. Hence why I was offering advice.

    I wasn't replying TO you, I was QUOTING you to use your "g11 zalbar and g12 with everyone else. You may just need more gear" as a starting point for my further point, which was that more gear is not required.

    Fair enough. Though at g10 if zalbar is too squishy, he coukd die before getting enough armor shred. So g11 may be a minimum requirement.

    I'd buy that. The only LS toons that weren't G12 when I did it were Mission and Big Z, and they were both G11.
    Your mileage may vary. :-)
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So expecting fair notice and proper practices of CG is...whining...sigh...your condescending attitude and serious lack of a broader view on any topic really is astounding.
    "Fair notice?"

    You got the same notice as everyone else. That is the very definition of fair. And that notice was four months. Then two and a half weeks. Then two weeks. Ain't like they haven't been dropping hints.

    But this game ain't about days. It's about months. Whether or not you get Malak isn't dependent on what you do in whatever window from announcement to end of event. It's about what you've done over the last four months. Whether it's a one day announcement or a one week announcement for the second running is literally irrelevant; we've known this is coming. You're either prepared or you're not. And if anyone who misses Malak because they were putting things off until the announcement aren't going to miss Malak because CG wasn't "fair." It's because of poor planning and poor prep.

    And that is the broader view, even when we take into account your imagined future events. The announcement window for the second running of an event is literally irrelevant; you are just whining.

    It’s actually not irrelevant. With all the required teams, new reworks, new characters and gear reqs for endgame content, gear and Zeta mats are more precious than they were at Malaks first release. Geo TB requiring the strengthening quite a few squads to make them able to compete, not to mention the return of padme and her reqs and subsequent gearing up for future lightside Geo TB with the required lightside toons.

    That’s the issue, and TVF and DarkHelmet actually understand how a few extra days would make a difference to a lot of players.

    Are you thinking of someone else? I'm of the opinion that the notice doesn't matter for a return event, because you had months of notice.

    This.

    If it's an event you're interested in participating in, get ready now. Not "In a bit", now. Not "I'll wait till it gets closer", now. If you start preparing when the first event is happening and see it through, you'll be ready when it comes back. If you don't, then it can't have been that much of a priority. Pretty clear cut to me.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So expecting fair notice and proper practices of CG is...whining...sigh...your condescending attitude and serious lack of a broader view on any topic really is astounding.
    "Fair notice?"

    You got the same notice as everyone else. That is the very definition of fair. And that notice was four months. Then two and a half weeks. Then two weeks. Ain't like they haven't been dropping hints.

    But this game ain't about days. It's about months. Whether or not you get Malak isn't dependent on what you do in whatever window from announcement to end of event. It's about what you've done over the last four months. Whether it's a one day announcement or a one week announcement for the second running is literally irrelevant; we've known this is coming. You're either prepared or you're not. And if anyone who misses Malak because they were putting things off until the announcement aren't going to miss Malak because CG wasn't "fair." It's because of poor planning and poor prep.

    And that is the broader view, even when we take into account your imagined future events. The announcement window for the second running of an event is literally irrelevant; you are just whining.

    It’s actually not irrelevant. With all the required teams, new reworks, new characters and gear reqs for endgame content, gear and Zeta mats are more precious than they were at Malaks first release. Geo TB requiring the strengthening quite a few squads to make them able to compete, not to mention the return of padme and her reqs and subsequent gearing up for future lightside Geo TB with the required lightside toons.

    That’s the issue, and TVF and DarkHelmet actually understand how a few extra days would make a difference to a lot of players.

    Are you thinking of someone else? I'm of the opinion that the notice doesn't matter for a return event, because you had months of notice.

    This.

    If it's an event you're interested in participating in, get ready now. Not "In a bit", now. Not "I'll wait till it gets closer", now. If you start preparing when the first event is happening and see it through, you'll be ready when it comes back. If you don't, then it can't have been that much of a priority. Pretty clear cut to me.

    Except with so many necessities in PVP to help your guild it would be incredibly selfish to not focus on prepping for DR’s return first... Or to not bolster your sep droids, or your sep bugs...or seps in general....or your Galactic Republic squad to get ready for lightside geo TB...or your clones...

    See where this is going? Kyno said it before that resource allocation is a premium priority in this game. With gear crunch layers being added, the omega crunch not getting any better, we need to pick and choose our resources. Right now the game is changing rapidly (good thing) with so many reworks, newish modes, and new toons. You give one days notice rather than a week, you may cost someone Malak if they spent their stun guns on B2 to push him to G12 for Geo TB. Had it been earlier notice they’d have used it to push big Z to G11/12 for the event.

    And it’s also about making sure they don’t do this again with another epic event. The argument can go back and forth about the second coming of the event and proper preparation/notice etc.

    However the first time Malak ran through, the notice and length of the event was atrocious and the vast majority of the player base were fuming over it. This shouldn’t become the norm on first passes, especially
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So expecting fair notice and proper practices of CG is...whining...sigh...your condescending attitude and serious lack of a broader view on any topic really is astounding.
    "Fair notice?"

    You got the same notice as everyone else. That is the very definition of fair. And that notice was four months. Then two and a half weeks. Then two weeks. Ain't like they haven't been dropping hints.

    But this game ain't about days. It's about months. Whether or not you get Malak isn't dependent on what you do in whatever window from announcement to end of event. It's about what you've done over the last four months. Whether it's a one day announcement or a one week announcement for the second running is literally irrelevant; we've known this is coming. You're either prepared or you're not. And if anyone who misses Malak because they were putting things off until the announcement aren't going to miss Malak because CG wasn't "fair." It's because of poor planning and poor prep.

    And that is the broader view, even when we take into account your imagined future events. The announcement window for the second running of an event is literally irrelevant; you are just whining.

    It’s actually not irrelevant. With all the required teams, new reworks, new characters and gear reqs for endgame content, gear and Zeta mats are more precious than they were at Malaks first release. Geo TB requiring the strengthening quite a few squads to make them able to compete, not to mention the return of padme and her reqs and subsequent gearing up for future lightside Geo TB with the required lightside toons.

    That’s the issue, and TVF and DarkHelmet actually understand how a few extra days would make a difference to a lot of players.

    Are you thinking of someone else? I'm of the opinion that the notice doesn't matter for a return event, because you had months of notice.

    This.

    If it's an event you're interested in participating in, get ready now. Not "In a bit", now. Not "I'll wait till it gets closer", now. If you start preparing when the first event is happening and see it through, you'll be ready when it comes back. If you don't, then it can't have been that much of a priority. Pretty clear cut to me.

    Except with so many necessities in PVP to help your guild it would be incredibly selfish to not focus on prepping for DR’s return first... Or to not bolster your sep droids, or your sep bugs...or seps in general....or your Galactic Republic squad to get ready for lightside geo TB...or your clones...

    See where this is going? Kyno said it before that resource allocation is a premium priority in this game. With gear crunch layers being added, the omega crunch not getting any better, we need to pick and choose our resources. Right now the game is changing rapidly (good thing) with so many reworks, newish modes, and new toons. You give one days notice rather than a week, you may cost someone Malak if they spent their stun guns on B2 to push him to G12 for Geo TB. Had it been earlier notice they’d have used it to push big Z to G11/12 for the event.

    And it’s also about making sure they don’t do this again with another epic event. The argument can go back and forth about the second coming of the event and proper preparation/notice etc.

    However the first time Malak ran through, the notice and length of the event was atrocious and the vast majority of the player base were fuming over it. This shouldn’t become the norm on first passes, especially

    Except with so many necessities in PVP to help your guild it would be incredibly selfish to not focus on prepping for DR’s return first... Or to not bolster your sep droids, or your sep bugs...or seps in general....or your Galactic Republic squad to get ready for lightside geo TB...or your clones...

    Then you made the choice to get Geos or clones or whatever ready instead of being ready for Malak.
    >Shrug<
    It was still your choice. You made it. Don't complain because reality didn't bend to fit your wishes.
    Now that I have my Malak, I can finally finish my Geos....and my Sep Droids. Sigh...
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Nihion
    3162 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So expecting fair notice and proper practices of CG is...whining...sigh...your condescending attitude and serious lack of a broader view on any topic really is astounding.
    "Fair notice?"

    You got the same notice as everyone else. That is the very definition of fair. And that notice was four months. Then two and a half weeks. Then two weeks. Ain't like they haven't been dropping hints.

    But this game ain't about days. It's about months. Whether or not you get Malak isn't dependent on what you do in whatever window from announcement to end of event. It's about what you've done over the last four months. Whether it's a one day announcement or a one week announcement for the second running is literally irrelevant; we've known this is coming. You're either prepared or you're not. And if anyone who misses Malak because they were putting things off until the announcement aren't going to miss Malak because CG wasn't "fair." It's because of poor planning and poor prep.

    And that is the broader view, even when we take into account your imagined future events. The announcement window for the second running of an event is literally irrelevant; you are just whining.

    It’s actually not irrelevant. With all the required teams, new reworks, new characters and gear reqs for endgame content, gear and Zeta mats are more precious than they were at Malaks first release. Geo TB requiring the strengthening quite a few squads to make them able to compete, not to mention the return of padme and her reqs and subsequent gearing up for future lightside Geo TB with the required lightside toons.

    That’s the issue, and TVF and DarkHelmet actually understand how a few extra days would make a difference to a lot of players.

    Are you thinking of someone else? I'm of the opinion that the notice doesn't matter for a return event, because you had months of notice.

    This.

    If it's an event you're interested in participating in, get ready now. Not "In a bit", now. Not "I'll wait till it gets closer", now. If you start preparing when the first event is happening and see it through, you'll be ready when it comes back. If you don't, then it can't have been that much of a priority. Pretty clear cut to me.

    Except with so many necessities in PVP to help your guild it would be incredibly selfish to not focus on prepping for DR’s return first... Or to not bolster your sep droids, or your sep bugs...or seps in general....or your Galactic Republic squad to get ready for lightside geo TB...or your clones...

    See where this is going? Kyno said it before that resource allocation is a premium priority in this game. With gear crunch layers being added, the omega crunch not getting any better, we need to pick and choose our resources. Right now the game is changing rapidly (good thing) with so many reworks, newish modes, and new toons. You give one days notice rather than a week, you may cost someone Malak if they spent their stun guns on B2 to push him to G12 for Geo TB. Had it been earlier notice they’d have used it to push big Z to G11/12 for the event.

    And it’s also about making sure they don’t do this again with another epic event. The argument can go back and forth about the second coming of the event and proper preparation/notice etc.

    However the first time Malak ran through, the notice and length of the event was atrocious and the vast majority of the player base were fuming over it. This shouldn’t become the norm on first passes, especially

    People already had the toons leveled for DR and JKR, and clearly they didn’t make enough money on them, so they needed to make sure that the money flowed for this one. Why shouldn’t toons be exclusive for P2P players for awhile?

    Also, if you want Malak, prepare for Malak. Don’t waste your resources on other things, pick a priority and go for it. If you were close the first time, there’s no excuse for not being ready this time if you wanted him. The game wouldn’t be fun if you could just upgrade everything at once.
  • If you didn't get a character the 2nd time their event came around it's entirely undoubtedly your fault.

    I have never failed to get a character at least the 1st or 2nd time their event came and I'm F2P
  • TVF
    28832 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Except with so many necessities in PVP to help your guild it would be incredibly selfish to not focus on prepping for DR’s return first... Or to not bolster your sep droids, or your sep bugs...or seps in general....or your Galactic Republic squad to get ready for lightside geo TB...or your clones...

    Malak is very helpful for DS Geo TB.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Does nobody read that I got Malak already? Like seriously lol.

    But hey if you guys are ok with this being the norm of epic events, one day notice with a 72hour event window, then have fun with that lol
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Except with so many necessities in PVP to help your guild it would be incredibly selfish to not focus on prepping for DR’s return first... Or to not bolster your sep droids, or your sep bugs...or seps in general....or your Galactic Republic squad to get ready for lightside geo TB...or your clones...

    See where this is going? Kyno said it before that resource allocation is a premium priority in this game. With gear crunch layers being added, the omega crunch not getting any better, we need to pick and choose our resources. Right now the game is changing rapidly (good thing) with so many reworks, newish modes, and new toons. You give one days notice rather than a week, you may cost someone Malak if they spent their stun guns on B2 to push him to G12 for Geo TB. Had it been earlier notice they’d have used it to push big Z to G11/12 for the event.

    And it’s also about making sure they don’t do this again with another epic event. The argument can go back and forth about the second coming of the event and proper preparation/notice etc.

    However the first time Malak ran through, the notice and length of the event was atrocious and the vast majority of the player base were fuming over it. This shouldn’t become the norm on first passes, especially
    Just because there a theoretical universe where longer notice led to different decisions that resulted in someone getting Malak who didn't in this universe does not mean that it is CG's fault. It does not mean the individual is absolved of the consequences of their own decisions. More broadly, just because there is a thing CG could have done that might help you get through an event or make better decisions does not mean CG owes it to you, nor does it make your failure CG's fault.

    If Malak is the priority, focus on Malak. If you do not know if a zot will be necessary for Malak, keep it in your back pocket and wait. While no, "soon" is not a hard and fast number, it does have a meaning. It means soon. It means be ready. It means if you ain't ready, it's because you didn't bother to prepare.

    If someone isn't ready for Malak, then the only way it's because of one stun gun is if a toon is below 17.5k. And that means the fool in question flat did not bother to prepare.

    And while there are multiple teams that are high-profile at the moment, the fact remains; choose your priority. It's all about prioritizing. Right now, my priority is to get my Padme team in order as my next arena team. As things stand? Bugs are after that. Then it's a tossup between clones and topping off First Order. As nice as getting some of those special missions in hand with my droids would be, they can wait.

    I choose my priorities. And sometimes the choice on a high-profile team is, "Not now." And that's fine, too.

    You throw around the word "selfish." Buddy, this is a game, and your account is yours. You are free to act in your own interests. You are free to make decisions at your own discretion. If your guild is so demanding and so micromanaging that you aren't allowed to hold a few zots in your back pocket, find another guild.

    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    28832 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Does nobody read that I got Malak already? Like seriously lol.

    But hey if you guys are ok with this being the norm of epic events, one day notice with a 72hour event window, then have fun with that lol

    Three or four months after the first run, yes.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3162 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Does nobody read that I got Malak already? Like seriously lol.

    But hey if you guys are ok with this being the norm of epic events, one day notice with a 72hour event window, then have fun with that lol

    It doesn’t matter if you got Malak. “Malak”, in this discussion, is that future toon that you say will also have a one day notice.
  • The argument around the notice period for announcing a second run of an event can go back and forth? Err...no, it really can’t. One more time for the **** in the back:

    After a first run there are months to prep for the next. That’s it. Really simple.

    All those on this thread not getting that are just embarrassing themselves.

    Sorry, I’m not being harsh at all here, that’s just the truth of it.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Except with so many necessities in PVP to help your guild it would be incredibly selfish to not focus on prepping for DR’s return first... Or to not bolster your sep droids, or your sep bugs...or seps in general....or your Galactic Republic squad to get ready for lightside geo TB...or your clones...

    See where this is going? Kyno said it before that resource allocation is a premium priority in this game. With gear crunch layers being added, the omega crunch not getting any better, we need to pick and choose our resources. Right now the game is changing rapidly (good thing) with so many reworks, newish modes, and new toons. You give one days notice rather than a week, you may cost someone Malak if they spent their stun guns on B2 to push him to G12 for Geo TB. Had it been earlier notice they’d have used it to push big Z to G11/12 for the event.

    And it’s also about making sure they don’t do this again with another epic event. The argument can go back and forth about the second coming of the event and proper preparation/notice etc.

    However the first time Malak ran through, the notice and length of the event was atrocious and the vast majority of the player base were fuming over it. This shouldn’t become the norm on first passes, especially
    Just because there a theoretical universe where longer notice led to different decisions that resulted in someone getting Malak who didn't in this universe does not mean that it is CG's fault. It does not mean the individual is absolved of the consequences of their own decisions. More broadly, just because there is a thing CG could have done that might help you get through an event or make better decisions does not mean CG owes it to you, nor does it make your failure CG's fault.

    If Malak is the priority, focus on Malak. If you do not know if a zot will be necessary for Malak, keep it in your back pocket and wait. While no, "soon" is not a hard and fast number, it does have a meaning. It means soon. It means be ready. It means if you ain't ready, it's because you didn't bother to prepare.

    If someone isn't ready for Malak, then the only way it's because of one stun gun is if a toon is below 17.5k. And that means the fool in question flat did not bother to prepare.

    And while there are multiple teams that are high-profile at the moment, the fact remains; choose your priority. It's all about prioritizing. Right now, my priority is to get my Padme team in order as my next arena team. As things stand? Bugs are after that. Then it's a tossup between clones and topping off First Order. As nice as getting some of those special missions in hand with my droids would be, they can wait.

    I choose my priorities. And sometimes the choice on a high-profile team is, "Not now." And that's fine, too.

    You throw around the word "selfish." Buddy, this is a game, and your account is yours. You are free to act in your own interests. You are free to make decisions at your own discretion. If your guild is so demanding and so micromanaging that you aren't allowed to hold a few zots in your back pocket, find another guild.

    Actually it’s not micromanaging. It’s simple common courtesy in a guild that you’ve been with from the start, one of the top guilds in the game mind you, Rebel Force, to make sure you contribute to the group activities like Geo TB, and prepare in advance for future events on the light side of the same TB. You get the toons necessary for successful defenses in TW. You get those squads ready for GAC (that’s more so on the individual level, but the common point stands.

    It’s like I said already, at this point let’s agree to disagree on the 2nd pass of the event. The argument isn’t going anywhere.

    However the point of “theoretical” that you make is blatantly ignorant. CG does continue in their methods until the community speaks up to demand better. You honestly were ok with Malak’s first pass getting a one day notice, and a 72hr window? If their Q&A’s are any indication then they will do it again with the next epic character. They will continue the trend until we as a community say that it isn’t ok.

    You act as if CG doesn’t owe it’s paying customers anything which I find hysterical. If I’m paying for a product, I expect a certain return on my purchase. If it’s not up to what I am owed based on my purchase I will demand it be fixed or get my money back. For the players that spend hordes of cash on this game, they do deserve a certain return from CG that is OWED to them. I’ll never understand the line of thinking that CG doesn’t owe its paying players a certain standard of quality in this game. It baffles me really. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️.

    Good luck with gearing up Padme. Her team is really fun to use and has a lot of theory craft possibilities, even more in the future with clone reworks on the way.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Actually it’s not micromanaging. It’s simple common courtesy in a guild that you’ve been with from the start, one of the top guilds in the game mind you, Rebel Force, to make sure you contribute to the group activities like Geo TB, and prepare in advance for future events on the light side of the same TB. You get the toons necessary for successful defenses in TW. You get those squads ready for GAC (that’s more so on the individual level, but the common point stands.

    It’s like I said already, at this point let’s agree to disagree on the 2nd pass of the event. The argument isn’t going anywhere.

    However the point of “theoretical” that you make is blatantly ignorant. CG does continue in their methods until the community speaks up to demand better. You honestly were ok with Malak’s first pass getting a one day notice, and a 72hr window? If their Q&A’s are any indication then they will do it again with the next epic character. They will continue the trend until we as a community say that it isn’t ok.

    You act as if CG doesn’t owe it’s paying customers anything which I find hysterical. If I’m paying for a product, I expect a certain return on my purchase. If it’s not up to what I am owed based on my purchase I will demand it be fixed or get my money back. For the players that spend hordes of cash on this game, they do deserve a certain return from CG that is OWED to them. I’ll never understand the line of thinking that CG doesn’t owe its paying players a certain standard of quality in this game. It baffles me really. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️.

    Good luck with gearing up Padme. Her team is really fun to use and has a lot of theory craft possibilities, even more in the future with clone reworks on the way.
    1) No, that is not "common courtesy." That is uncommon and unreasonable micromanagement. Yes, your guild may do that. That is not the norm. Your account is yours, and while your guild may be a high performance guild, it is not their inherent right to micromanage your account and dictate your entire priority queue.

    If your guild's demands get in the way of your ability to play the way you enjoy, or making the choices you want to make with your account? That is not a problem with CG. That is a problem with you, your guild, your guild culture, and your relationship with it. If your guild culture does not permit you to play in a manner you find satisfying because they are overly controlling, then find a guild whose culture allows you to play in a manner you enjoy.

    But even if your guild is strictly dictating your farming priorities, you still have to pick a top priority and go on down through the queue. If your guild is telling you to prioritize gearing Droideka over getting Malak? Your guild is wrong, full stop. You can help your guild more by getting Malak. The best way to do that is to keep those zots in your back pocket. If you need them to get Malak, great. You place them and get Malak, and you have a better Carth Old Republic team to throw around forever. If you don't need them, great, they can go on Droideka after you get Malak. Either way, saving and prepping is in a high performance guild's best interests.

    You are not in a unique situation in having a priority queue. Everyone has to make resource allocation decisions and make judgment calls. And some of those calls are always going to be based on speculation and incomplete information.

    2) While I do not like the short notice on the initial run of the event, it has minimal impact on how many people get the unit. Especially now that we know this new event type exists and can read the tea leaves. And that's how you get in on an event unit the first time; reading the tea leaves.

    People who got Devan first time F2P did not do so because they prepped in the window from Darth Revan being announced to their release. No, those preps started when Karen was released, and involved a large stash of crystals amassed before even that. The notice issue is almost academic.

    The determining factor for people getting this upcoming epic Snoke or whatever is not going to be whether they announce it a week in advance or a day. It's going to be what people do to prep their Resistance and First Order right now, or in the window from Hux being released to December 20th. And for the people who get epic Darth Jar Jar the second time, it will be determined by what they do in the months from EDJJ1 to EDJJ2, not by the announcement window on the second running of the event.
    Still not a he.
Sign In or Register to comment.